Chapter 29: Jaejoong Tells his Mother. “I’ll Wait for Yunho.”

I Love You Jae

It was the first week of April. The business stuff was taken care of, and it was decided that Jaejoong’s mother would take care of it along with her own. The twins tried to get hold of anything that concerned their parents, like photos of them, things they owned, etc. It was difficult to get hold of some pictures of their real mother and father, but when they did, they made many copies of them and always kept the pictures with them. That was all they had.

As time rolled, things came back to normal. Within the second week, they learnt to smile and laugh again. In the same week, the couple decided to spend a few days somewhere out of Seoul.

“Can we go see some mountains Junho?!” Changmin asked, all worked up with a huge grin on his face. “We can climb one too!”

Junho chuckled at his lover’s actions, “Sure my love. Mountains somewhere in Asia but definitely out of Korea right?”

“YES!” Changmin screamed and began jumping up and down on the bed. Junho laughed again, got up and pulled him down. They lay kissing on the bed, unaware of the fact that there were some people outside the door gasping at their audacity to kiss in bed with the door wide open, as wide as possible.

“Shameless creatures!” Junsu gasped.

“He’s your twin,” Yunho smirked.

“And your brother,” Junsu answered back.

“Just close the door and it’ll be over and forgotten,” Jaejoong insisted as he carried out the action, blushing at the fact that perhaps next time these two could do something even more daring, with the door wide open. And the next time, it could have been one of their five parents.

= == === ====

Jaejoong opened the locker. A note fell.

He picked up and thought it was another love letter. And he was right. But this time, there was a red rose attached to it.

“Don’t think I forgot you. Don’t think I forgot about the beautiful you, Kim Jaejoong. I’m going to appear in front of you one day, and tell you how I feel.
~ Love, your admirer.”

Jaejoong grinned. It’s Yunho right? Who else would it be? But why did he say that about appearing? He is always in front of him, with him. Maybe it was just to confuse him. He knew Yunho way too well to fall for this one.

He put the note in his pocket. It wouldn’t be difficult to remember to put it in the box where all the other notes are. All of Yunho’s notes…he didn’t throw a single one away, even though he didn’t know at first who it was. Now, he was glad he didn’t throw them.

The bell rang.

As he sat on his usual seat, he took a second’s glance at Yunho beside him. ‘When will that one day come Yunho?’

It was a normal boring day of school, except for the time in the library. They were searching for a good book to read when Yunho found one and flipped through the pages. He randomly read a part, and very coincidentally it was the love making part. He was staring at the words when Jaejoong came from behind and took a look at what was able to take Yunho’s attention other than him. His eyes widened as he read on, and at one point he snatched the book away from him whose hands were still in that position.

“Yunho!” he furiously whispered, “what was that?!”

“I…don’t…know,” Yunho said, as turned a little pink in the cheeks. He was NOT looking for that. He turned to look at Jaejoong who was trying to return to normal skin colour.

~////~

Jaejoong turned left. He turned back to his right. He was rolling around in his bed at 1:00 in the morning. Neither could he sleep, nor could he push Yunho to the back of his mind. The moonlight shone down on him as he was gazing back. He sighed. He got up, the light and took out all the notes. He was careful to hide them and keep them secure. He didn’t want his mother to know now did he?

The door to his room opened and his mom entered.

Jaejoong jumped up. He was so shocked he thought his heart would beat itself out of his body. He quickly put the notes back, closed the box and turned to hide it behind his back. He hesitantly smiled, “M-m-m-mom…what are you doing still awake?”

“That’s what I’m supposed to ask you son. What is that you are hiding?”

“I’m not hiding anything,” he said with a shaky voice as his mother approached him. “Mom, it’s nothing.”

“Move Jae.”

“What is it with you?!”

“I said move Jaejoong!”

“Why???”

“I said so, that’s why!”

“Mom, please! I couldn’t sleep that’s all.”

“I didn’t ask you…”

“I’ll try and sleep but please go!”

His mother finally pushed him out of the way after a lot of effort on making him move. Although her son looked feminine, he was still a man and much stronger than puny her.

“What’s that box?”

He quickly grabbed the box and put it in his lower drawer and password-protected it. “Nothing.”

Her hands went up to her hips. She glared at him and made his soul come out. He gulped. “Fine, you can see it,” he groaned as he gave up.

Opening the box, his mother saw a bunch of notes. “What are these?”

“…Stuff I found in my locker…”

She opened them all reading each and every one. Behind her, her son felt it would be perfect if he could mix with the ground below him. How could he show his face to her?! It was embarrassing! Her questions would be: Do you know who gave you these? If you don’t, did you try to find out? Why didn’t you tell me? Why are you keeping them? From when has this been happening? Do you have someone Jaejoong?

His readied his lies: No, I don’t know who gave me these. I didn’t try. I didn’t tell you because it’s not a matter, I’m popular! I’m keeping them for no reason actually. It happened from before the trip to Japan. …I have no one…

Two lies only…

Instead of all that, Kim Hea-Jung asked her son the least expected, actually not-at-all-expected, question of all time: “Did Yunho give you all these?”

Jaejoong, who had seated himself, promptly fell on the floor. He staggered back up, not believing is ears, “What?”

She smirked and moved the papers in her hands in the air, “These…are these from Yunho?”

What was Jaejoong gonna answer that with? “Uh…” his mind went blank and he spilt out everything, “Actually I’ve been getting these from before the Japan trip and at first I didn’t know who sent me these and I didn’t try to find out but then I saw Yunho’s handwriting which matched with these ones so I figured it was him and although I have no proof I still think it was him I mean it couldn’t be anyone else plus he has been acting very weirdly in front of me everywhere especially when we were at the beach he held my hand in his and wouldn’t let go and then on my birthday Yunho fell on top of me and he stared at me with those type of eyes and even I have been feeling these weird feelings and I don’t know maybe I fell for him but it seems he already fell in love with me but he said in that last note that he’ll tell me one day and I just want to see if he does tell me and if he does love me!”

He panted. That was just one sentence but his mother caught every single word. She smiled, then grinned and finally started laughing real loud. Jaejoong froze. He had just come to the light that he had idiotically blabbed all of his secrets out.

Blushing furiously, his head hung low. His mother walked to him crossing her hands over her chest, “Well, well, well. Look who told me the truth I’ve been trying to open up to him and after such a long time!” She smiled. Her index finger pulled his chin up to face her. He looked away, his heart still beating as fast as ever at his confession of loving Yunho to his mother.

“You fell in love didn’t you?” she asked in a very gentle and soft voice.

He looked down again, “Ya…”

“…with Yunho?”

His hair hid his face and his face further reddened. He nodded. He looked up quickly again, “I didn’t mean to, I just did,” he said in a frantic voice.

“I never said I’m against it.” She smiled, “I want you to be happy, with Yunho. I told you before that he was the right one for you.” Jaejoong remembered that. “I knew it when I saw your actions and even before that, I had a feeling.” She paused. “Jaejoong let me tell you something, if you keep it a secret from everyone.”

“Ok.”

“Yunho told me.”

“What?”

“That he loves you.”

Jaejoong’s eyes dilated and his mouth showed a gap, “Wha…what?”

“Yunho loves you Jaejoong. I know that. I’m just glad you love him back.”

Jaejoong suddenly felt tears in his eyes again. Why does this happen to him so often? He didn’t cry so much before! Why does this happen everytime Yunho is the matter? He sat on the bed with his mother beside him.

“Jaejoong! Sweetheart why are you tearing up like this?” She pulled his face to look at him.

Through his blurred image, he saw his mother in confusion. He was ready to tell her everything from now on regarding Yunho, now that he told her everything, now that she knows both sides of the story.

“Mom, *sob* if that’s so *sob* why doesn’t he tell me? *sob* How long *sob* will I have to wait?”

She pulled him to her chest, “Don’t worry, it’ll happen when the right time comes. Why are you so … you know…why do you want him to confess so soon?”

“I don’t know. *sob* I don’t understand anything. *sob* Everything is so messed up in my head!”

He hugged her tight and cried. He suddenly realised he had his mother to cry to at least. Yunho didn’t have anyone close anymore. He wanted to be closer to Yunho, to support him when he needed it. Just like now, like how his mother supports him. Yunho had no one who was so close to him anymore. He needed someone, and Jaejoong wanted to be the one beside him. Maybe he was crying now because of this?

“Mom, he doesn’t have his parents to cry out to.”

“Is that why you are crying? You want to be the one, don’t you?” She smiled. Now she didn’t have to worry about her son’s love life. She knew she could entrust her son with Yunho.

** ** ** **

Jaejoong opened the locker waiting for a note to fall. It did. This time, there were two white roses.

He read: *Please wait for me, my Jaejoong. I promise I’ll tell you. Please wait for me.*

“I will, Yunho… No matter how long it takes…I’ll wait for you…We belong with each other.”

--- --- ---

Here's a spoiler: NO MORE WAITING MY BELOVED YUNJAE FANS XD