Chapter 18: Yunho's Fever & Heading for the Ocean

I Love You Jae

A week had passed. It was January 17. Everything was back to normal.

Except the constant murmuring.

Everyone was talking about Yunho’s feelings for Jaejoong. And every other one was trying to keep it low so that the secret wouldn’t spill. But it seemed to Jaejoong that his friends would often leave the two of them alone.

They shared a lot now. They told everything about their lives, their likes and dislikes, had lovely friendly conversations and finally had nothing to worry about. Other than foreign feelings.

17/1

“Jae you have to gimme the notes, PLEASE.”

“Well it’s not my fault you fell asleep in class! Plus, I told you not to stay up till 4 a.m. talking to your friend in America!”

“Sorry! Long-time friend who talks non-stop! And he won’t be talking to me for a year, he’s too busy.”

“Well, ok, but what about the times before? You always stay up late watching movies and stuff!”

“Sorry! Last time I promise!”

“That’s what you said last time.”

“Yeah, but this time I absolutely promise from the bottom of my heart, please!”

“Fine…”

Yunho snatched the notes and ran to his limousine which zoomed off in less than a millisecond. It returned after exactly five minutes. He just scanned them. And all the conversation for a five-minute thing.

It was gradually getting warmer. This year, they experienced snow in Japan, and it didn’t last long either. Summer was coming pretty fast and Spring didn’t stand a chance. Sweaters were not seen on students anymore, and trees showed lively green. Strange right? Green leaves in January. Global warming explains that better.

Jaejoong took his tie off and ed just a bit of his shirt. It was UNBEARABLE outside, and no student was to be inside the A.C. rooms during break. Unfair people according to the students. And people were often missing school days because of fever due to sudden weather changes.

Yunho was one of them now.

He stumbled. He coughed, and coughed, and coughed until Jaejoong frowned at him and checked his forehead, only to pull it back quickly in case his palm burned.

Yunho sneezed for the God-knows-how-many-times’th time today. The sun was setting and Jaejoong turned the lights on. Neither was the A.C. nor was the heater . The doctor said it was the same ordinary case. Gave medicines. But Jaejoong decided to stay up for the night at Yunho’s place where Yunho lay weakly.

Changmin came in with a knock. “How is hyung going to have dinner? Will he be able to swallow anything?”

Jaejoong looked at Yunho’s condition. “He’ll have to. Bring it here Changmin.”

Next morning, Yunho blinked his eyes open. He saw Jaejoong sleeping beside him still sitting on the chair. He softly tugged at Jaejoong who shot up like a bullet. He looked at Yunho who was shocked by his shock. “Jae, get some rest. I’m feeling better now.”

He smiled, “Alright. Get up and have breakfast then. I’ll get your medicine.”

As Jaejoong stood up, Yunho grabbed his hand. Jaejoong turned. “Can I have it here? With you?”

“Sure.”

While they were eating breakfast, Yunho told Jaejoong to get some sleep. Jaejoong said he already had. But Yunho insisted that it could be called anything but proper sleep. “Where’s the guest room?” Jaejoong asked.

Yunho looked up. Oh right. The guest room…

Even if he wanted to, he couldn’t ask Jaejoong to sleep on his bed. It had the bacteria and the germs and whatever.

~A week later~

“Jaejoong! Let’s visit the ocean!”

Jaejoong stared at him. “Do you remember the word 'school'?”

“How can I not? But after some of those tests, we’ll get a week’s holiday for the next tests.”

“And won’t we study?”

“We will! When we are not at the beach!”

They drove their way to the ocean.

-------------------------------------------------------