Chapter 21: Noticing Another Pair - Junho x Changmin

I Love You Jae

Readers: you know that Jaejoong’s official bday is today (Today as in the ‘today’ in the story: In the story today is 26th Jan, remember? I mentioned it in the story- 17th – Yunho’s fever. 18th – he was well. A week later is 25th Jan and chapter 19 and 20 happened in a day’s time. Ch 20 said it was night, so the next day is 26th Jan which is our Jae’s official bday.). But Jae’s real birthday is 4th Feb, two days before Yunnie’s! So I’ll keep it the real way. Don’t expect his birthday today ;)

Plus, I must mention again: I’m writing about the weather and the sea according to my country. Please don’t wonder how the hell is this happening in Korea ok? Thank you. Also, the accident you’ll see in this chapter is from a personal experience (not me, but a close relative).

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Jaejoong’s sleep was interrupted by a loud noise. He got up and saw that Yunho wasn’t beside him. The next second he saw him run out of the bathroom in his clothes with wet hair. Had he just finished taking his shower? What time is it?

They rushed down. People were carrying Junho in a stretcher into an ambulance. It drove away so fast that the two men couldn’t get downstairs to ask what happened. It seemed Changmin and Junsu went along. Yoochun turned to them, a desperate face.

“Yunho-hyung, Junho broke his leg!” he said.

“What?!!!” Jaejoong exclaimed.

“How When Where?” Yunho asked him all in a sentence.

Yoochun explained:

Apparently Changmin and Junho had been at the beach. They had gone a little too far into the ocean, and a huge wave swept the younger boy off his feet. He was being carried away when Junho caught him. While pulling Changmin back, his foot twisted in a bad way. After reaching their house, Changmin quickly called a doctor, but by that time Junho was nearly crying in pain. So he called an ambulance instead, because he could tell that Junho broke a bone somewhere.

The End.

Yoochun said there was no point in going now. Besides that would just increase the traffic in the hospital.

Jaejoong had a question: Why were they at the beach so early in the morning in the first place?

YC: Do you and Junsu have some telepathic system or something?

JJ: ???

YC: Junsu asked the same question but none of them answered.

JJ: Oh…

YH: Seriously, why would they wake up in the middle of the night to go to the beach?

YC: Beats me. Junsu said that he woke up at about 4 a.m. and found the other side of the bed empty. He knocked on my door and asked if I had seen him after he was done searching the house. We went into Changmin’s room, of which the door was open, and saw that bed empty too. Then Junsu and I walked to the beach where we saw them, sitting. So we came back. Next thing we know: Junho broke a leg.

YH: Strange…

YC: … I don’t know but…do you think they like each other?

JJ,YH: O.O

YC: *retreat* No, I mean, who else would creep out to the beach in the middle of the night when no one’s lookin’?

YH: He’s got a point…

JJ: But I thought they were best friends…

YC: They are. I think they are just beginning to feel a connection or attraction between them. I mean you said they were always together during school hours after Changmin was admitted right?

JJ: Well yeah…

YH: >=| Bad brother. Bad little brother. *pout*

JJ: Aww…*Pats on his back* ^^

YC: -.-" *mumbles* Look who’s talking… Both brothers are the same.

YH: What was that?

YC: Nothing!

YH: =_= I heard it…

JJ: What?

YC,YH: Nothing! ^.^ *YH throws a glare at YC*

-A Week Later-

Changmin sat on the chair in the hospital cabin. Junho was asleep. ‘It’s all my fault. Should have been more careful. Shouldn’t have sneaked out.’

He ran his hand in Junho’s hair. Two months. He was going to miss exams. Changmin already cried many times, although he barely ever cries, and Junho was tired of telling him that the principal had made arrangements for his late exams, so he wouldn’t miss it. Plus, he said, he’ll have more time to study, an unfair advantage. Changmin argued, so what? No one else has a broken foot.

He pushed his hair back and kissed him on the forehead. ‘Well, if you are okay with it, I guess it’s ok. But it hurts doesn’t it?’ he thought. He remembered when he broke his left hand at the wrist last year and Junho had kissed it over the wrappings of the bandage. That was a friendly kiss, he knew. They both knew. Right?

Or had Junho begun having feelings for him long before that? Or maybe he was just imagining – maybe Junho had no feelings for him. But he knew that was a wrong idea: he broke his foot to save Changmin. And they were out in the middle of the night talking. At the beach. And they were always together at school. And they were always on the phone. Or chatting. Or studying together. And they told each other everything they had to tell. And they spent time together doing nothing, no talking. Just together.

Now that he thought of it: they were ALWAYS together…

Changmin’s feelings had risen a month ago. He had no idea about Junho’s though.

Junho’s eyes opened. “Changmin?”

Changmin’s daydreaming broke. “Uh, yeah.”

“You know it’s not like you to not eat properly for a week now.”

“Who told you I’m not eating properly? I-”

“Junsu.”

Changmin stopped. Damn that little twin.

Junho smiled, “I’m fine, really. Please go have something to eat. You have to study too okay? Exams are next week!”

‘How will I sit for the exams with you on my mind?’

“Listen, Changmin. You know you have to sit for those exams. I’ll be fine. Please don’t worry sitting in the exam hall. For me?” ‘For me, Changmin. Because we love each other.’

“Alright…” he said bluntly.

Junho laughed, “Then you can give me some idea on the question papers.”

Changmin glared, then laughed.

Junho loved him for a long time now, about a year. He wanted to wait longer. He knew the right time was coming pretty soon.

Changmin got up, “I’ll get my stuff here.”

“Alright…”

The hospital was in the middle of Seoul’s busiest streets. Changmin had left his stuff at the beach house which was a few kilometres from here.

=== === === ===

Yunho just finished negotiating with the doctor. Junho would now be lying at home with all the necessary equipment in his house. I mean palace. Yup, the twin’s house was a bit smaller than Yunho’s and Jaejoong’s but it looked more grand.

Yunho was advancing towards the door to Junho’s hospital room – equivalent to a small apartment – when he met Changmin. “Turn back, lil bro, we’re taking the big twin home.”

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

Jaejoong made Junho comfortable. Then he shooed Changmin out of the room, got Junsu and Yoochun in, and shut the door.

Junsu glared, “I thought we were twins.”

“We…are…” Junho was blank. What was a question like this doing escaping from his little brother’s lips?

“And I thought we were best friends.” Jaejoong pouted.

“We are! What on earth are you guys talking about? Now Yoochun don’t you say something weird like these guys too.”

Yoochun smirked, “Then why did you hide it from us?”

Junho was getting a clue there. That was the only thing he hid from anybody. “Changmin?”

“Yes,” the 3 answered in unison.

“Don’t tell him k?” he smiled pleasantly.

“Only if you tell me why you hid it from me,” Junsu said, obviously burning with anger.

“Us, Junsu.” Yoochun corrected him.

“Well I never thought about telling anyone.”

“Just like Jaejoong?” Junsu asked.

Jaejoong shot a questioning look, “Me?”

Yoochun gave him a poker face. “Oh please. You and Yunho are the most obvious people in this world.”

Jaejoong blushed, so they knew? Junho said, “We’ll have to get you guys together before us.”

*^*^*

Yunho grabbed his collar and shook him back and front. “How dare you hide it from ME?”

Changmin gave a puppy-dog face, “Sorry…”

Yunho sighed. Changmin then said, “But you guys have to be together first. Ok? We still have a lotta time, unlike you who have until this June.”

Yunho looked back. He was right.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

xD Lol that was a surprise. :) Hope you liked it. Thanks for reading and plz comment!

YUNJAE FOREVER 
JHxCM TOO!