Chapter 19: A Walk by the Ocean

I Love You Jae

(The water of the ocean is the description of my sea, so forgive me for wrong info on the waves and stuff ^^ Anyways, we are in the YunJae world now remember? x//D)

-///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////-

Yunho’s house was a half a kilometre from the ocean.

No, this was not where Yunho lived. Duh! This was a cottage-type house. It was two-storied and it was the size of a normally big house. That’s right. You must have forgotten: these guys are two of the richest.

Jaejoong and Yunho let the housekeepers take care of their baggage and raced to the beach, for which they were already ready.

He let the sand tickle his feet. It had been a while since his father took him to the ocean-side. The temperature of the sand was just perfect, and the water was better. The huge waves splashed against the sand as he waited for Yunho and was just straightening up from catching his breath when the taller guy bumped into him and they fell in the sand laughing. They were wearing light t-shirts and shorts with no shoes whatsoever. This is the ocean! Who wears shoes to a clean beach?

No one was there. After all it’s the middle of February: working month. So they could enjoy themselves with whatever they wanted however they wanted it.

They lay on the sand like that for some time until Yunho said, “Where’s the sun?”

“You should be happy that the clouds are there.”

“Yeah I am; just wondering.”

“I wonder what they are doing…”

“I know Changmin is eating,” joked Yunho and they let out a small laugh, “and Junsu is wasting eyesight on games, and Yoochun is sleeping. What does Junho do?” Yunho wasn’t sure on what occupied Junho’s mind.

Jaejoong answered, “Actually Junho isn’t like the rest of them: obsessed with something. I’m sure that when Changmin is eating, he’ll be there. He’s always with your brother. And when Junsu is playing games, he’s gonna be there even if the world ends. If Yoochun is ever awake, he’ll talk with him.”

Yunho’s mind was crossed by a question, “What if both Junsu and Changmin need him?”

“Well, if he wants to spend more time with Changmin, which he usually wants since he came to our school, he’ll get Yoochun to play video games with him. And if Yoochun is sleeping, then he will pull Changmin to the room where Junsu is playing games so that he hits two birds with one stone.”

“Oh…”

“Wonder what the girls are doing.”

“Shopping,” came Yunho’s answer. They laughed, “Nah, they will but later. They are studying.”

Yunho frowned. “We haven’t touched the ocean yet have we?”

They looked at each other. Stupid they are. (Well isn’t that YunJae-ish! They forget the world when it comes to them: *love*)

They got up and ran to the water. Jaejoong pushed Yunho into the waves, who instantly got up and attacked Jaejoong. They did it until they looked like they were wearing salty water. They sat very close to the edge where the ocean waves were hitting. With each upcoming wave, they would float up with the force of the water, and would be gently laid on the sand again. Looking underwater, they saw the water currents take the sand away, depositing sand, all kinds of different coloured fishes a little far off and a glimpse of themselves.

They got up from that position after an hour but only because their stomach walls were being eaten by gastric juices. Well if the stomach is empty, what will the gastric juices dine on?

They returned to the house, washed themselves and came out in better conditions.

Jaejoong decided to cook himself and told the chef to leave the kitchen. Yes, this guy was a real chef Yunho hired for this house.

Yunho was really happy he could eat Jaejoong’s cooking again. It was so delicious, he knew that everytime he ate his cooked food he would reach Heaven and stay there until he needed to come down for seconds.

He stared at Jaejoong. He looked so gorgeous even while cooking it made Yunho wonder if this guy he loved was a human or an angel with hidden wings. Jaejoong looked y…

Yunho shook his head. What’s he thinking???

If they were lovers now, he would go up from behind like a cat and grab him by the waist. He would put his chin on Jaejoong’s shoulder while he cooked. Occasionally he would pour the older boy with kisses until Jaejoong would drive him out of the kitchen with threats. Threats were basically saying ‘no’ to Yunho’s naughty thoughts.

Yunho slapped himself hard. He regretted it. Jaejoong turned around asking him if he was ok in the head and Yunho just stared at him with a poker face until he resumed cooking. Yunho got to know Jaejoong so well he could tell that his imagination would have been true. But this was wrong for God’s sake!

Yunho ate hungrily and table manners were not on his list at that time. Jaejoong decided to ignore his forgotten manners and made sure his eyes didn’t travel up to see him eat. The problem was, whenever Yunho was in front of him, he automatically would look at him. And often he would catch Yunho staring at him too. And it was very uncomfortable, for both of them, to go like this.

By now Yunho had got a hint that Jaejoong was building up feelings for him within himself. And, even though Jaejoong liked to deny things, he was a great observer; especially of close people. That was good thing because maybe he would be prepared for a confession out of the blue. It was bad, nonetheless, in case Jaejoong didn’t feel for him and Yunho was in his dream world again where rainbows were everlasting and Jaejoong’s existence longer than ever.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

I hate exams.

This was the 3-worded sentence everyone loved to say and hated to feel.

Yunho couldn’t concentrate on anything. Jaejoong was staring at the first page for ten minutes. This is not good.

Both decided to spend some time in the seaside, trying to calm themselves. It was evening and the sun was setting. The wind was refreshing and the ocean was soothing. Having your love beside you looking far into the ocean with a smile on his face was even better.

Jaejoong caught Yunho looking at him. AGAIN. He knew he was breath-taking to look at and all (opinions of his other admirers) but it was a little embarrassing now…

Yunho smiled. Jaejoong blushed. Their hearts beat for each other as loud as possible. The ocean splashed in agreement of their love.

For some unknown reason, they walked along the beach. At first, their hands would frequently touch softly. Then Yunho mustered up all his courage to lightly take Jaejoong’s hand. Braver than before, he slid his hand in the other’s and held it. Jaejoong was looking at the sand like it was the most interesting thing in the world, and would not by any chances, pull his head up to see what he was walking towards. He didn’t have to though, Yunho was there. He turned even redder at the thought of him, if it was possible, and thanked God for allowing it to be dark enough so that his face and its unnatural colour couldn’t be seen. He felt the younger boy tighten his grip.

Soon, fingers intertwined. They were glued with the super glue of love. Yunho wouldn’t say it, he wanted to make sure Jaejoong knew before he confessed; otherwise it would be a messy situation. Jae on the other hand could feel it now more than he ever had. He was as sure as possible and now he accepted it. It was official and a permanent feeling.

They stopped in unison. Jaejoong spoke up, “We should return.”

Yunho nodded and they headed back. On the way, Jaejoong looked at their hands which were still in firm grip of each other. Yunho saw him look, looked where he was looking, and realised it was about time he let go. He gradually released his hand and put his own in his pocket. The other did the same, still looking downwards. What was so interesting about the ground?

===^^^===***===^^^===

Somehow, that did the trick. They concentrated. They studied. They ate dinner. And they went for bed.

Another problem.

They were ‘best friends’. They could sleep together, no problem. Plus, they already spent one month in the same bed. Alright, fine: at least a room? Even if they didn’t share a bed, they could share a room right? But after what happened, not really. So they were gonna sleep in two separate rooms. But here was the problem: they didn’t want to. They wanted to be together, but, again – after what happened – , they couldn’t. See? They wanted to, and they wanted not to. Funny right?

The doorbell rang. The doorkeeper opened it.

#######################===============================

Sorry guys! A cliff hanger right? Haha. Don’t worry. YunJae forever! This chapter was gonna be too big so I decided to split it up in two.