Hey, Locker Mate

Teased

 

Hey, Locker Mate

 

On the way to the lockers, Haekyung sighed and mentally scolded herself to take the back entrance next time.

Seriously, just how many times had those crazy girls shoved her around? She was just glad to be clean and alive after surviving that mob attack. Her eyes wandered around for her designated locker, before strolling over to open the combination. When the lock unclicked, she took her time to neatly place her books in an organized manner, careful to not ruin the materials. 

Click. 

The locker next to hers opened swiftly, catching her attention. Haekyung slightly turned to get a tiny view of her locker-mate, only to be faced with the person she was least expecting. Oh god no. Just why did her locker have to be right at this very spot?! The guy next to her felt her strange stare, and spun his head around to catch her quickly turn around. Although she knew of the Bangtan boy's existence, she hadn't actually looked at any of those guys up close. Seeing Jeon Jungkook up close, was really something else. 

She could easily deny that he wasn't attractive, but her eyes wouldn't lie.

Now she knew why girls of all grades chase after those guy's tails endlessly. Just a little.

"What?" Jungkook spoke coldly, trying to get a look at the girl next to him, but failing to do so since the door of her locker blocked his sight.

Haekyung kept silent, not looking at him. She quickly finished what she was doing before shutting the lock, only to keep her inner squeal when Jungkook was still looking at her, not amused. Her facial expression remained, as she stared back at his eyes in a plain manner. There was just no way she was going to talk to him, not a word. Nope, not at all. 

The girl quickly turned around wordlessly, wanting to escape his charming gaze. 

She wasn't expecting him to actually talk to her, just why in the world would he do that? 

"Yah. Can you not hear me, ahjumma?"

A-Ahjumma? Really?... Haekyung mentally rolled her eyes as she continued walking, not sparing a glance at him. 

Just keep on walking, Haekyung. Keep walking. 

Jungkook bit his lips, scrunching up a piece of unused paper, aiming the paper ball at the back of the girl's head. Haekyung felt something land on the back of her skull, making her momentarily turn around. The girl turned to face him, frowning in irritation. What's this guy's problem?

Couldn't he see that she didn't want to talk to him?! 

Again, without another word, she sighed and swung back around, ready to head towards the literature room. 

This was the first time a girl had actually walked away from him, yet say a single word. Just, wow. To say he wasn't surprised and amused would be a lie, because he had already found her interesting. Jungkook smiled lightly, before shutting the doors of his locker and catching up with her. He took a few long strides forward, falling in step with her. Haekyung could sense a pair of footsteps following her, and stiffened.

She slightly turned, only to be met with a pair of mischievous eyes. , why is he here?! She felt her heart jump when his skin came in contact with hers. Jungkook poked the sides of her cheek, gaining her attention. 

"You don't have to be so shy about being caught. I'm free to look at, you know?" The boy teased, smiling.

Haekyung swept his hand away from her cheek in annoyance, narrowing her eyes at him. "I wasn't staring." Those words unknowingly slipped out of , and she almost wanted to face palm herself for talking to him. Great, now he was going to annoy her even more. Nice going, Haekyung. "Oh, really? Well, not everyone's this good looking. So I don't blame you." He spoke playfully, bumping his shoulder with hers. Haekyung rolled her eyes at his comment. This guy was really conceited. Yup.

"I'm Jungkook. Nice to meet you, ahjumma." 

Haekyung stopped in her steps, turning her head to glare at the annoying boy. 

"Nobody asked. And would you stop calling me ahjumma...? I don't even know you." She huffed, not believing that she was actually having this conversation with one of the Bangtan boys. Were all of them this annoying, and idiotic?

Jungkook's eyes brightened, looking at her innocently, scanning the nametag of her uniform.

"But I know you, Min Haekyung." He stuck his tongue out, flashing her one of his rare smiles. Haekyung's lips twitched, feeling surprised and bothered. This was her first time talking to this guy, so why was he so intimate and playful with her? It didn't make any sense, and frankly she didn't want to find out why. She'd so have to switch lockers with someone else to avoid seeing Jeon Jungkook again.

What if those crazy girls saw him talking to her like that?

She'd surely be screwed.

"Why are you talking to me? I don't want to be seen dead before the first day of school ends. Thank you very much." She took a step to the sides, avoiding his proximity. C4018... C4018... where are you? She rehearsed in her head, quickly looking for her homeroom to avoid this conversation.

Ugh. 

"No reason, I just find you cute. Got a problem with that?" He clicked his tongue, waiting for her response. 

This was much too amusing for him. Teasing her was going to be so fun. 

Was she hearing it right? Did he just call her... c-cute? She wasn't happy, or touched or anything, but rather dazed. She looked around, to check if anyone was around in the halls. Luckily, only a few students were spotted busy doing their own things at their lockers. Clearing in irritation, Haekyung looked at the boy, ripped a piece of paper from her notebook and threw it at his head, "You're annoying." 

"Ouch, that hurt." Jungkook grinned cutely, holding the sides of his head with one arm as he continues teasing her.

This guy is impossible! 

"I've gotta get to class. Don't miss me too much alright, ahjumma?" Jungkook leaned closer, lightly flicking the girl on her head.

"Y-Yah!" Frowning, she looked at him in disbelief, rubbing her head.

"See you around." He teased, walking away in delight. Min Haekyung, huh? I'll remember that. He thought, with a small chuckle. He didn't know why, but he thought that dazed look on her face looked rather cute, and silly. Most of the girls at this school was annoying as hell, and he hated being pestered around 24/7.

He just didn't know that there was one out of those hundreds of girls who actually gave him the space he wanted. Just perfect. 

Haekyung's frown deepened, eyes wide. What just happened? How can a handsome guy like him be this annoying? She made up her mind, to stay away from Jeon Jungkook as far as possible.

As. Far. As. Possible.

 

 

 

 ---

After first period ended, Haekyung shuffled into her next class, searching for a seat at the very back of the room. She placed her school bag on the chair of the desk besides her, hoping that no one would sit there. She's had enough of boys for one day.

Ugh, Jeon Jungkook.

She was busy reading her novel, waiting for class to start one minute before, when the girls of her class started squealing like dying whales. No sarcasm intended, but it sounded horrible, seriously. Wincing, she looked up, only to be dazed. In came, a couple of boys. 

What. The. Heck. 

Most of the guys from the Bangtan group came walking in, chatting among themselves as if they weren't hearing the screams of the girls. The Art teacher, Mrs. Choi made way into her class, settling the crazy students down. "Now. Now. I know you must be all very excited for this year's art class, as it will focus mainly on self-portraits and other fun activities," Mrs. Choi spoke with excitement, hands laced together at the podium.

Little did she know that, the students were only crazy about being in the same class as the perfect boys of Bangtan. 

Haekyung carefully lifted one hand to shield her forehead, trying to avoid that one guy at the front. She mentally laughed bitterly, cursing her luck for being in the same class. The whispers and squeals slowly died down, as the boys walked forward, looking for a spot to occupy.

"Yah, that's my spot hyung!" Jimin spoke loudly, like a little child. 

"Nope, I was here first. Sit over there!" Hoseok pointed, towards a spot at the corner. 

The girls in class turned and squealed at their cuteness. This was probably one of the reasons, why they chose art. They knew that their oppas enjoyed art a lot. Haekyung sighed, fixing her gaze at the window, unwilling to look at anything else but the window. When the chair of the seat next to hers began to screech on her right, she felt her heart leap. She peeked through her curious eyes, sighing in relief when she saw who it was. But wait, wasn't he.... Well, crap. This is no better than the situation with Jungkook, it's just another guy from the Bangtan group.

Oh great. 

Taehyung whistled and turned, studying the girl on his left. 

"Sup." He saluted her with a nonchalant gesture, before facing towards the front again.

"Um. H-Hey..." Haekyung spoke quietly with a little nod, not sure why she was replying. But he didn't really seem rude to her, so she thought it was okay. Taehyung waved his hand over at his friend, gesturing him to come over.

"Yo, Jungkook. Over here!" 

Haekyung looked to the front, gulping when she saw him smirking back at her. The boy walked to where she sat, and pushed her bag aside, before occupying the seat on her left. Crap, she almost forgot that there were two seats situated on both her sides that were once empty, but now, she was stuck between the two Bangtan guys. The girls of the class whined, in displeasure when their oppas chose to sat with the loser at the back. To them, Haekyung was just a quiet freak, who didn't like to speak.

They found her weird, but nonetheless didn't bother or pay attention to her since she didn't come off as any harm. 

"Hey, ahjumma. Fancy seeing you here," Jungkook teased annoyingly.

She reluctantly turned her head to the left, staring blankly at him. "Please, shut up." Kicking his chair, Haekyung fixed her eyes to the board, sighing. Taehyung, on her right observed her actions. He smiled and shook his head. Since when did Jungkook become so close to a girl, other than Kang Sohee? Jungkook laughed lightly and kicked the leg of her chair back, sticking his tongue out.

"Okay, class. Today we'll be discussing about...." Mrs. Choi began with delight, but almost no one was listening to the teacher, with the exception of a couple of boys who were unaffected.

"Why is Jungkook and Taehyung oppa sitting with that freak?" One girl spoke in a hushed manner.

"I know right?! Who the heck is she to sit with them? She's not even pretty." 

"Duh, just look at her. She's a nobody." 

Now that their beloved boys were paying attention to her, they were jealous of her. Haekyung caught the looks of those girls frowning and glaring at her. She sighed for the nth time, and turned her attention to the front, trying to look unbothered.

Haekyung bit the insides of her cheek, and pouted. She was afraid this was going to happen, those girls were definitely crazy. So much for her plan of a peaceful junior year at Kangnam High. Goodbye, quiet life.

Great, now she was so dead.