Mister Irritating

Teased

 

Mister Irritating

 

Haekyung rolled her eyes at the thought of a certain boy next to her.

She tried focusing on what Mrs. Choi was explaining throughout class, but was half-distracted and annoyed when she felt Jungkook staring at her sides, with one arm propped on the table lazily. On the other hand, the other boy Taehyung next to her kept silent, and Haekyung was grateful for that. She couldn't take another one of the annoying Bangtans. One Jungkook was enough, really.

"Could you stop staring at me? It's weird." Haekyung spoke, muttering softly.

"Nope, it's fun." Jungkook whined in a cute manner and flashed her a small smirk, in an attempt to .

Haekyung cringed, and kicked the leg of his chair again before pulling her chair further away from him. Taehyung felt her close proximity, and coughed. Haekyung wiped her head around, only to be embarrassed, scooting back muttering a small apology. The boy smiled, and shook his head. "Hey, Jungkook. I know she's pretty and all, but at least pay attention to what the teacher's saying. I'm not letting you copy my notes again." Taehyung stole a quick glance at Haekyung before facing the front again.

Haekyung mentally pinked at his words, not expecting his compliment. What was it, with people calling her pretty? It was certainly a first... but she didn't exactly dislike it all that much either. "Don't worry, I'll just copy from her instead if I fall behind."

Jungkook looked and pointed at Haekyung, kicking her chair to get her attention.

Haekyung stared at him and shook her head in annoyance. Seriously? There was no way she'd even bother letting him get near her binder. No way. Seeing that lazy smile stuck on his face, she pushed the sides of his head with one hand, causing his head to drop on the desk with a loud bop. She inwardly cheered, happy that she got her little revenge.

"Yah, did you just..?" Jungkook scooted closer, and attempted on flicking her on the forehead. 

Haekyung's eyes widened, and she quickly moved back in instinct, bumping chairs with Taehyung once again. Ugh, curse you. Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung shook his head in amusement, before flicking the both of them each on the forehead. He put more impact on strength when flicking his best friend, while barely hurting Haekyung. She was surprised that it didn't hurt.

"Ouch. That hurt, hyung!" Jungkook pouted and looked at Haekyung.

She stifled a small smirk, sticking her tongue at the boy who rolled his eyes. "Thanks." She whispered to Taehyung quietly, while focusing her attention on Mrs. Choi, who was busily blabbing about the history and different forms of art.

The said boy flashed her a small grin, and laughed at the pouting Jungkook before becoming quiet again. 

Haekyung could feel the angry stare of her classmates boring daggers into her soul, and she almost grumbled. Just how did she get into this mess in the first place? She had no idea, not a single clue. Jaein probably wouldn't believe her if she told her that two of the Bangtan guys started talking to her out of the blue. Actually, she probably herself wouldn't have thought it would happen if it weren't for the moment happening right now. 

When the bell finally rung, signalling the start of lunch, she quickly gathered her things and stuffed it into her bag, in a hurry to rise from her chair and dash out of the classroom to meet Jaein. She couldn't wait to tell her how ridiculous her first half of school had been, but then again, she probably wondered if her friend was drooling over Kim Seokjin again. Most likely, yeah. 

The boys laughed at her reaction, while exiting the room.

"Hey, who's that girl you were talking with just now?" Jimin asked curiously, surprised that Jungkook had actually talked to a girl.

"Just some ahjumma." Snickering, Jungkook watched the retreating figure of Haekyung's back.

"More like a cute one." Hoseok joined the conversation.

"Suuure. But she's still an ahjumma. A feisty one." Clicking his tongue, Jungkook wrapped one arm around Taehyung as they all made their way towards the cafeteria as usual. "You really like teasing her, don't you? What about Sohee, huh?" Taehyung asked while looking at the rest of the Bangtan boys. "Yeah man, I swear. The only other girl you've talked to is like... Sohee. Don't tell me you're cheating?!" 

Jimin accused, gasping in shock. 

"Hey, she's just a friend. Nothing more. I only tease Min Haekyung because it's so freaking boring around here." Whacking Jimin on the head, Jungkook rolled his eyes in denial. 

"Riiiightttt." Hoseok laughed, dodging Jungkook's attacks.

The rest of the guys continued to cackle and make jokes, teasing Jungkook.

To be honest, Jungkook didn't really know why he liked teasing that girl so much either. It just felt right, talking to her. He was sure that he didn't like her or anything, but found her rather interesting. That was enough of a reason to talk to her, right? 

Of course it was.

 

 

 

 ---

The girl found her friend sitting under that usual spot near the back. Smiling in relief, was she ever happy to see Jaein.

"Jaein!" Haekyung called, exhausted as she dropped herself down next to Jaein.

Raising her brows, Haekyung looked at where her best friend's gaze was directed at. Ohhhhh. That explains why Jaein looks so dazed... and well, quiet. Right from a couple meters away, stood the other Bangtan boys enjoying a game of soccer. They both watched as Yoongi ran with the ball, preparing to pass it over to the next player to score the goal. Jaein squealed inwardly, and sighed in delight. Haekyung shook her head with a small chuckle, watching her friend whose eyes were lovingly glued to one of the several guys on the field playing.

"Jin hyung, catch!" The boy, Min Yoongi shouted, kicking the ball towards Seokjin's direction.

The other older boy of the Bangtan group ran forth, in an attempt to steal the ball from his opponent. Smiling, he sped up just enough to trail behind the other male who was currently leading with the ball to the soccer net. Jin sensed Namjoon catching up with him, and increased his speed before giving a hard and swift kick at the ball. The ball went flying into the nets with a strong force, bouncing up and down gracefully before the other players cheered and passed the ball back to the center of the field. 

"Nice try, Namjoon." Jin chuckled, wondering how many times he's managed to surpass his friend.

Jaein mentally cheered, wanting to scream and shout out her crush's name, but knew that she couldn't due to her shyness. She sighed, in content before smiling and turning back around. 

"Ah, damn! I'll score next game, promise." Kim Namjoon grinned, embarrassed.

One of the guys on the field of the opposite team blew the whistle, signalling the start of another game.

Haekyung grinned, and poked her friend's side before speaking, "Yoo Jaein, sometimes I wonder if you love Kim Seokjin more than you love your best friend." Haekyung frowned. 

"Whaaaat? Of course not!! You know that best friends should always come first." Jaein smiled cheekily, while waving a hand up and down, to hide her growing red cheeks surfacing. "I do love you more, but you know... Jin is..." The girl spoke softly, giggling a little. "What was that?" Haekyung lifted one brow up in amusement, about to friend again but decided to drop the topic.

As cute as it was for her friend to have a little crush on the guy, she still had her own problem to rant about. Jeon Jungkook. Just what was she going to do about those female students glaring and whispering about her almost everywhere she went? It was all thanks to him. 

"Anyways, girl. What's up with you?" Leaning on the tree trunk, the girl looked at her friend and bit into her sandwich.

"Ugh. You wouldn't believe it. It's really..." There was no words Haekyung could use to express how annoyed she felt with what happened earlier, but it's probably going to be better to let out her frustrations.

Jaein's eyes gleamed curiously at Haekyung's words, scooting closer to hear what she had to say. 

....

....

"WHATTTTT. Seriously?!!" 

Haekyung sighed, rolling her eyes with an unhappy nod. Thank you, finally someone who understands her pain, or she hopes.

Jaein's eyes were as large as saucers, which looked a little creepy, but Haekyung shrugged that thought away and held the urge to laugh. "Min Haekyung. Do you know just how lucky you are? Not one, but two Bangtan boys talked to you! That's great!" Jaein grinned.

What. Seriously? How on earth is that any luck? Heck no.

"I'm being serious here... you have no idea how annoyed I am. I'm telling you, that Jungkook guy is the worst. He picks on me for no reason, we never even talked until this morning." Frowning, the girl also leaned back comfortably on the trunk before looking up at the bright blue sky. "Hmm, that does sound kind of strange. But, hey. You know, that Jeon Jungkook almost never talks to any other girl right?" Jaein wagged a finger, proving a point to her best friend.

"Don't care." Haekyung smiled, shaking her head.

"Oh alright, Haekyung. I bet he has a good reason for talking to you though." 

"Yeah right... not when I get called ahjumma all the flipping time. That doesn't sound like a good reason to me." 

"H-He calls you what? Ahjumma?" Her friend burst out laughing, with one hand clutched over her stomach.

"Hahahahahah! Good one." 

Haekyung rolled her eyes at Jaein's dorkiness, and sighed. "Just kidding, girl. But, really? Ahjumma?? That's really weird, and cute." Smiling, Jaein laced her hands together, propping them up to support her chin. 

The girl huffed, shaking her head, "Nah, I rather get called a dog any day. That's much cuter." 

Jaein started laughing even more, causing Haekyung to join in on her silly activity. 

This is why I love you, Jaein. You always manage to make me feel better.

 

 

 

 ---

"Hey, over there. Incoming!!" Someone's voice hollered from across the soccer field, catching the girls' attention.

"Huh. Wh-" Jaein couldn't finish her sentence as the soccer ball came flying towards her direction. She barely yelped, when the ball came in contact, hitting her square on the face. Haekyung gasped, quickly picking up the ball. 

"Jaein. Are you okay?" She inspected her friend's face when spotting a red spot.

The other girl opened her eyes in shock, holding her nose with one hand, confused as ever. Oh. Right, a ball had just hit her in the face. Greaaaaaat. Jaein huffed and frowned at the pain forming on her face, before squealing when a guy on the field came over to where she sat, kneeling down next to her. His concerned gaze lifted from her hurt nose, to her eyes. 

"Hey, we're really sorry about that. Are you okay?" Jin spoke, worried.

"Yeah, that was totally an accident!" Yoongi shouted across the field, waving one arm in the air back and forth.

Jaein froze at her spot, staring back into those beautiful brown eyes of his before clearing . "Y-Yeah... It's o-okay. I'm not hurt." She lied, looking away to hide her embarrassment even though it hurt like hell. 

"But you're bleeding..." Jin's eyes widened, leaning in closer. Jaein grew quiet. Really, she was bleeding? Since when? Eh.

"What. I-I am?" Her fingers gently brushed over the top of her nose, feeling a weird substance hanging just below. Jin got up from the ground, pulling Jaein up from the arm gently. "Come on, I'll take you to the nurse's office, in case you're feeling dizzy."

Blushing madly, the girl nodded dumbfoundely, mentally squealing when she felt his warmth radiating from his hand.

"You should come check on your friend in a bit, I'll just go with her there for a quick while." The boy turned to Haekyung, giving her a small smile. Haekyung nodded, looking at Jaein who still had one hand covering her nose to prevent the blood from dripping further. "T-Thanks, Seokjin. You really don't have to." 

"It's okay, I was planning to store some of the soccer equipment back into the gym. I don't mind, since it's in the same direction." Jin smiled warmly at her, not aware of how much of an effect he had on the poor girl, whose heart was beating a hundred miles per minute. No joke. Haekyung sighed softly with a crooked smile, watching the both of them walk towards the school building.

Oh, Yoo Jaein.