Capturing Her Beauty

Teased

 

Capturing Her Beauty

 

Stretching both arms behind her back to ease her slight exhaustion, the girl lightly exhaled, head tilting up to meet the beaming sun, a small smile forming on the edge of her lips. Swiping her phone out of her pocket, her eyes slightly rounded at the time that greeted her back.

5:38 pm.

Right from the start of the morning, she’s been running around, offering help to the various clubs spread across the camp, not remembering to stop whatsoever. It was tiring, to be honest. Even though it was energy-consuming, the feeling of being able to contribute soothed her slight-fatigue. Well, it was worth it, seeing how smoothly the trip was coming along.

Yup, pretty great actually.

Just behind her, the other male approached the girl, tapping her on the shoulder.

“You should get some rest. It’s alright, we’ve got other students helping us right now. Thanks a lot, we appreciate it.” One of the boys who belonged to the sports club spoke with appreciation.

She scanned her sight a couple more times, checking if it was really okay for her to take a break.

“You’re welcome. If you need a hand later on, be sure to check back with the student council, alright?” Sohee responded happily, a polite smile spread across her lips. He nodded, partially blushing, “H-Haha, okay. We know, thanks once again! Well, I gotta – um... better get going now.”

Seeing the boy stumble on a rock as he hurried back to the other group of students, she chuckled.

Reaching a hand into her bag for a bottle of water, the girl blinked when her phone buzzed, signaling a new message. Her eyes light up, instantly grinning at the words that she read.

 


From: Jungkook.

Sent: 5:58 pm

Hey. It's been almost three days, and I haven't even seen you once, yet. You're doing just fine, right? Oh, I hope you're not running around all day tiring yourself out as expected? Haha. :P

The other guys are worried about you.

Since they're busy, I'm just gonna send you a message on their behalf.


 

Because the boys are worried about me?

Sohee’s expression faded, sighing softly before lowering the screen of her phone.

Even though she knew he had sent her a message solely because he was looking out for her, knowing that they all shared a similar relationship in comparison to the Bangtan boys altogether, why did the fact that he cared about her, seemed to make the girl quite happier than usual now?

Oh yeah.

Just maybe, Sohee knew what she was beginning to feel towards Jungkook. But it was simply the fact that she had never been able to express those thoughts into even words or actions. She was afraid.

Afraid, that it’d ruin their friendship.

But then again, she had already decided that she’d be content with the way things were now.

She was never a girl to hope or expect too much out of life, therefore, whatever happens in the future, she’d promised herself that she’ll be fine and manage through it. That was the best way.

For now, there were other things to focus on, seeing how the girl’s constantly busy.

Shaking her head lightly, Sohee remained still, holding the urge to not dive any deeper into such thoughts, hoping a short walk could help and clear her mind. After all, she was on break now.

Gazing up at the bright blue sky, a soft breeze caressed through her hair.

Footsteps trailing down a familiar path that she had crossed several times, due to her hectic schedule of running back and forth from early in the morning until now, the girl exhaled once more, the currents of the wind soothing her body and mind. Though it was kind of chilly, the deeper her steps travelled, the better the view was. She smiled. This is a really beautiful place.

Moments later, that was when she realized there was someone who was walking down the same path as her, their distance just a couple of long meters away.

Out of instincts, her emotions acted up.

Lacing both hands behind her back, she quietly sauntered over to him.

Even though his back was facing her, the girl didn’t have any trouble differentiating him out of the crowd at all, because, maybe his figure had already long been etched into her mind. With a light bounce in her steps as she moved forward, Sohee bit her lips with a slight smile.

Standing right behind him, her eyes immediately fell to the floor, somehow nervous.

To be honest, she wasn’t supposed to feel this way, not after all the years that they’ve both known each other. Why hadn’t she realized it before, that the day where might he swept his way across her heart would come? Not before, but now, definitely now was when she clearly knew. 

Taking a small breathe, Sohee took the courage to lift her eyes.

She fell into step with him, now next to him as she angled her head to greet him.

He finally noticed her on his left, seeing how all this time, the boy had he been kind of distracted with the camera he held with both hands. Looking down at her, he saluted her with a small smile.

“Hi there.” Jungkook greeted her back.

Sohee chuckled, “This is really a small place, huh? I didn’t think we’d run into each other.”

“You could say that.” He nodded, his gaze directed into the camera he held in front of his eyes. Sohee blinked, shaking her head with a small laugh, observing what the boy was doing. She’s never actually seen him so focused on something before. Now she was curious.

“Having fun, huh? Photography is a pretty cool club, I guess. Sungho’s a great president.”

Being a member of the student council, it wasn’t surprising that the girl knew most organizers of specific clubs, knowing that a couple of meets and greets would be exchanged in the halls and club rooms. However, she knew of the older boy, Sungho. Though he was stern, he was a good guy. Collected, organized, composed, and polite. Hearing his soft laugh echo, the girl halted.

“Do I look like I’m having fun though? Oh, you might as well go out with that guy then,”

Jungkook teased, shaking his head at the way she complimented the President of the Photography club, not having a clue that the person Sohee might have had feelings for was none other than the boy next to her. Sohee frowned playfully, “Huh? Hey, we’re only classmates.”

Shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly, he looked away from her.

“Hey, I’m serious! I don’t like him that way.” The girl defended cheerfully, nudging his arm.

“Sure, whatever you say.” Jungkook grinned lightly.

Sohee giggled at his attempts on joking with her, though she knew him well enough that, the boy only meant it in a playful manner, nothing too serious for her to act up, but crack a smile to.

“So, you’re taking pictures for the activity Sungho assigned, right?”

Softly nodding in response to her question, he sighed, sight still lingering around his surroundings with the camera now hung around his neck. “Need help? I’ve taken Photography class before.”

The girl offered brightly, hoping that she’d have an excuse to remain by his side a bit longer.

Her break would soon end, seeing that she would need to head back to meet up with the other members of the student council to discuss other important matters regarding the school trip.

Jungkook shook his head, “Nah, its fine. I think I’ve got it.”

Sohee hummed softly to his reply, not knowing what else to say as the silence took over. Even though it was quiet, other than the fact that only the sounds of their footsteps could be heard, it felt peaceful and calm. So with that in mind, the girl didn’t speak, not wanting to disturb him.

Just then, something gracefully skittered across the sky, flawlessly showing its colour and shine.

Grasping a hold of the camera around his neck, he brought an arm up, eyes trained on the butterfly still high up in the air, moving towards a certain place as its wings continued to flap.

Watching him in interest and delight, the girl smiled softly, her eyes studying his movements.

Not being able to keep a steady hold of the butterfly in place, Jungkook bit his lips, mentally scolding the thing to stay still so that he could finally take a freaking picture. Jeez, stop moving.

Sohee giggled at his attempts on taking a picture.

“Is that supposed to encourage me?” The boy snickered, his eyes still following the butterfly.

She shook her head, laughing, “Haha, sorry. It’s just kind of really funny to see you so concentrated all of a sudden.” He scoffed, “I’m not always that careless and lazy, you know?”

The girl grinned, “I know, Jungkook.”

Silence fell upon them once again, while the boy trained his gaze back over to what he had intended to do. To take a photo of the butterfly that was apparently rarely seen around here.

Moments later, the path ended at a particular place, revealing a huge soccer field just up ahead.

He wouldn’t have even noticed that there was a rather large lake on the other side of the field, if it weren’t for the help of the butterfly that fluttered across the sky, settling a place to land.

Its wings flapped beautifully, the sun gleaming down on it.

However, it wasn’t the only thing that was beautiful, capturing his brief attention.

On the river, there was a single canoe rowing freely across the waters, two familiar people occupying the length of the boat. In the middle of a conversation with the girl in front of him, Taehyung made a joke, laughing as he made a funny face at the girl. Haekyung stiffened at first, but couldn’t help but let a slight small appear on the corner of her lips, lightly entertained.

Sohee took notice of the two, waving a hand up in the air, smiling in a friendly manner.

Still captured in the moment, Jungkook ignored what he was seeing, though at the back of his mind, he knew that Haekyung’s smile sparked something inside of him. Has she ever smiled at him like that, before? The boy didn’t really know, but was rather confused with what he felt.

Seriously, I’m just thinking too much.

Shrugging the thought away with a small smile, he angled his camera higher once again, ready to take a shot of the butterfly, which rested its body on the sides of Haekyung’s head, unmoving.

Succeeding in doing so, he pulled back.

Taking a look at the monitor of his digital camera, the boy blinked at the details of the photo.

He was really supposed to be only looking at the damn butterfly, that literally made him use all his efforts in capturing the shot in the first place, but no, instead of that, he found his gaze glued to something else. Her. The butterfly complimented the girl, her smile practically radiating.

Or maybe, was it only the way that he had seen it himself?

And this was when it didn’t make sense.

Haekyung wasn’t even pulling a large smile or anything, knowing that the girl is quite reserved. So why the fact that such a simple expression plastered on her face could so easily make his heart lightly waver in place, even though the boy was quite nonchalant and uncaring himself?

He wanted to question the soft smile that hung on his lips as he stared at her features.

But he couldn’t.

Jungkook didn’t exactly know the answers as to why he felt this way for her.

All he knew was that he was satisfied with the photo. Yeah, at least his efforts didn’t go to waste. Heck, he didn’t plan to go back empty handed. The prickly president would surely scold him if he didn’t even bother trying. No doubt about that, knowing how the male’s pretty strict.

Besides, the boy might as well enjoy himself.

The trip already as it is, but maybe the only thing that kept his mind company was the presence of his friends around the area who were still busy with their own activities.

Including the girl, Min Haekyung. The one who could effortlessly put him in a good mood.

From the way she argued back, the way she wouldn’t notice that that she was actually smiling when he was with her, and the way that she didn’t seem to expect too much out of him, made the boy felt at ease. Hey, he didn’t need any more irritating female students practically squabble and squeal at the pitch of their throats every time he accidentally landed his gazes on them.

Yeah, no thank you.

Breaking out of his slight daze, Sohee called out the boy’s name.

“Hey, Jungkook. Sorry, but I think I’d better head back before the president gets upset. Jin just texted me that he’s already there with the others.” The girl sighed, a sad smile lingering.

He noticed the look in her eyes, before lowering his own at hers, a gentle smile showing.

“You really treasure being a part of the student council, don’t you?”

Suddenly witnessing the smile he threw at her, the girl bit her lips, the shade of her cheeks turning a shade lighter, although she hope it wasn’t visible or obvious at all. Sohee then chuckled softly.

“I guess I do. It’s a part of me.”

“Alright, I’ll see you later then. Have fun, and don’t trip on the way.” Jungkook pointed down at her shoes, holding the urge to snicker at her rare carelessness. Her eyes widened, looking down.

Sohee blinked, an embarrassed smile plastered on. “Eh, when did this happen?”

The boy let out a small laugh, and casually bent down to tie the lace of her shoes for her instead, before the girl herself could even lift a finger. This made the previous shade of expression return, partially open at what he was doing. Seeing this side of him, it was totally unexpected.

Sure, the boy was playful, nonchalant, and could care less about things most of the time, but it didn’t make him any less charming at all. Well, at least that was Sohee had thought to herself.

Jungkook, why are you making me feel this way?

Pulling the last string through the loop, the boy stood back up, his brows raised at her.

Seeing her half-flustered and blank state, he reached a hand out to snap his fingers in front of her face, hoping to wake her up from whatever she has drifted off to, bringing her back shortly.

He parted his lips, “Hey, I’m done. You can get going now.”

Acknowledging what he had just said, Sohee blinked once more, reverting back with a small smile, her head nodding in response. “O-Oh. Thanks, Jungkook. Yup, guess I’ll head back now.”

Jungkook whistled, gesturing her with a wave of an arm that he’s probably going back as well.

Well, it’s not like there’s anything else to do at the moment. He had already completed what was asked of him. Hey, if just one picture would shut the others up from nagging him, he’d get it done.

Sohee’s eyes followed the boy, who began to walk back.

Strangely, she didn’t know why, but back at the lake, when she witnessed the way he studied Haekyung, the girl could only predict so much, when she caught a glimpse of adoration he directed towards her. Somehow, it slightly bothered her, though not in a negative way at all.

Maybe she knew.

She knew what Jungkook had possibly thought of Haekyung, and felt towards her.

Yet, she couldn’t do anything about it. It just wouldn’t be right. But, Sohee just couldn’t help the undeniable feelings that surfaced on the edge of her heart. She couldn’t help it…

Sohee was scared of risking everything, knowing he would probably never return her feelings.

Lost in her thoughts once more, she stared at the boy who kept his back faced to her, his feet still moving down the narrow path that led back to the camping grounds, where all the others were.

She called out his name hesitantly, “Jungkook.”

Hearing his name a brief moment later, the boy turned his head back at her, humming. “Hmm?”

Pointing to the camera that he held with one hand, Sohee spoke her curiosity.

“Just then, what did you take a picture of?”

The boy blinked at her question, wondering how she wouldn’t have known that he was aiming at the butterfly, with the latter not knowing he had unknowingly included Haekyung in the shot as well. Seeing that Sohee really wanted to know, he felt his gaze drop to the camera he held.

With a steady heartbeat, and the image of her smile floating across his mind, he smiled lightly.

Sohee held her breathe, half not wanting to know what he was about to say, but at the same time, she was anxious to know. The girl kept her gaze on the ground, waiting to hear his voice.

Jungkook answered her question, his eyes still lingering on the photo.

“I guess, something beautiful.” 

 

 

 

---

Ugh, I’m so exhausted.

She sighed, hands tucked into the pocket of her jacket to fight the slight breeze away, seeing that it was nearing night-time. Just then, her stomach grumbled, and the girl blinked openly.

Hearing a soft chuckle beside her, she turned her head only to be embarrassed.

Taehyung laughed, pulling something out from the pocket of his sweater, gesturing for her to open her palm. Haekyung arched a brow at him, but nonetheless unclenched her left palm.

The boy placed a piece of flavoured candy, closing his hand around hers so that he was able to position her cold hand back into the pocket of her own jacket. He glanced at her to see her reaction, smiling down at her blank face. Haha, was she not satisfied with candy? How cute.

“Um. Thanks, I guess?” Haekyung looked down at her palm.

“Why, did you want more?” He teased, nudging her on the arm. She smiled, “What? No.”

“Then why aren’t you happy, huh? I just gave you food.”

She shook her head at him, lightly scoffing. “Uh, that’s because I’m actually hungry? It’s not dinner.” The girl explained, holding the urge to face palm herself when her stomach growled once more. Oh great. Just a few hours of not eating, and this is what happens.

Good thing it was finally time to take a break and get some dinner. She was tired.

After a couple hours of long experimenting with her camera, things actually kind of turned out okay, even though she thought her photography skills were still quite lacking. But hey, it’s normal right? As long as she actually tried to put some effort into whatever she had to do, everything would probably turn out just fine. Closing off the lenses of her camera, she put it away.

“Hey, maybe I should join the Photography club as well.”

She turned her attention to him, raising a brow at what he even meant by that, seeing that once students are already assigned into specific clubs, they weren’t allowed to switch out.

Haekyung laughed, “You must be joking, right?”

Shaking his head, he flashed her a playful smile. “Nope, I’m not.”

The girl held the urge to gap, wanting to voice out that just being stuck in the same club as Jungkook was irritating and bothering as it was, but for Taehyung to be included as well, that’d be even worse. Okay, maybe not as bad, but still, Haekyung could barely handle just one boy from constantly being glued to her side. To be honest, it’s a little annoying if you’d ask her.

Yet, somewhere at the back of her mind, she refused to admit that she was starting to enjoy his company. Even if it meant she’d have to deal with him teasing her all the time, it didn’t mean that Jungkook was a bad guy, despite that slightly cold, playful, and nonchalant exterior of his.

At least he had a caring side as well, one that wasn’t so easily detected.

Yeah, not that bad.

“So?” Taehyung leaned over to snap her back from her thoughts, a smile hinting something.

She blinked, “So what?”

He laughed, “How mean, you weren’t paying attention at all.”

“Hey, I was. Just – Don’t join, okay?” Haekyung crossed her arms, hiding a small smile from forming. How did the boy always manage to make such funny faces? Even she couldn’t help it.

“I was just kidding, haha. I’m not a rule breaker, the headmaster would totally get my .” The boy shrugged, flashing her a casual smirk. She sighed to herself, somewhat half relieved. Great.

“Good, I thought so.” Haekyung nodded.

The boy next to her lightly pouted at her words, his eyes forming into an innocent expression, causing the girl beside him to twitch in surprise, flustered. Oh, how she regret being met with situations like this. If it was one thing she couldn’t stand avoiding, it was the guilt of possibly saying no to such adorable expressions of boys, ones that she shouldn’t pay attention to at all.

She blurted, “H-Hey...”

He bit his lips, swiftly turning his head the other way the second he caught her staring up at him.

On the inside, he was actually trying so hard not to burst out in soft bursts of chuckles. Just why was this girl so damn cute? Now he could almost understand why Jungkook would always constantly choose to be around her, even though he had plenty of friends himself.

“You’re mean.” Taehyung whispered softly, a small smile lingering on his lips.

The girl blinked, dazed.

She then sighed to herself, reaching into the pocket of her other pocket to pull something out. Glancing up at him, she placed a piece of mint-flavoured candy onto his palm, satisfied.

She’s always kept a couple extra sweets tucked into her pocket, in case the situation called for it.

The boy blinked, confused, before gazing from the candy back to her.

Haekyung cleared his confusion away as she emitted a small smile, shaking her head at his blank expression. Haha, guess she wasn’t the only one to have those moments. How wonderful.

“Stop staring at me like that, would you? Mint should cheer you up, like it does for me.”

Not answering her, Taehyung stared back down at the piece of candy, unwrapping its plastic before casually plopping one into his mouth. His face lit up with an adorable smile at the taste.

Hey, mint does taste good.

While the girl fixed her sight back on the road ahead of them, she didn’t notice him taking a step closer to her, their shoulders almost brushing as he walked by her side. Hearing his movements, she turned her gaze back to him again, curious. The boy sent her a playful grin, not saying a word.

“Let me guess, you’re happy again?” Haekyung asked.

“How’d you know?” He replied.

“You’re way too obvious, Taehyung.” She lightly chuckled, briefly staring straight back at the road, seeing that she was almost back at the area where all the others in her club were, probably having dinner by now. Just thinking of food made want to water, but she tried not to.

Just a couple more minutes, and the girl could finally relax.

Since the boy himself was in another club, he couldn’t spend more time with her, seeing that half of his friends who were in the exact same club would most likely nag and bicker at him for ditching sports practice. Oh well, he wasn’t even in the mood to play anyways. This was much better.

Realizing that they were now back at the camping grounds, Taehyung parted his lips.

“Hey, I had fun. Thanks, Haekyung.”

She turned to him shortly, and with a nod of her head, Haekyung replied back in the same manner, hopefully showing him that she actually somewhat had a pretty great time as well.

Well, it was better than being alone if you’d ask her.

Haekyung shrugged, “I could say the same. Thanks for accompanying me.”

Stopping in front of the tent she had just set up a couple hours ago, the boy beside her lowered himself at the same height, his eyes locked with hers. The girl just blinked in response, quiet.

And with a steady and soft gaze, he sent her a charming smile before making his way back.

“You’re welcome.”

 

 

 

---

Being the last one to arrive, joining the rest of the students that belonged in the Photography club, he walked over to one of the many tables set up, decorated with a variety of foods.

Stacking a couple pieces of meat, and side dishes onto his paper plate, the boy then grabbed a cup of soda laying on the surface of the table packed with different drinks. Deciding that it was enough, he casually sauntered over to the loud voices and chatters that echoed through the area.

Everyone was currently having a good time conversing among themselves.

Just with the exception of one girl.

Right in the middle of stabbing another piece of sausage, she looked up at the presence that took over, the boy sitting right next by her side on the firm and soft log planted on the ground.

Only a second later, she blinked, looking back down to continue chewing her food as if she hadn’t even seen him just now. In response, he lightly scoffed in amusement, eyes fixed only on her.

Not even looking back up, she chewed thoughtfully, totally oblivious of his stares.

Reaching a hand out to gently poke her cheek, he turned her to look at him. The girl frowned at him, annoyed that she couldn’t stuff another piece of meat in , since she was hungry.

The boy watched her with his gaze, seeing a sauce stain situated at the corner of her lips.

How incredibly adorable.

“Am I the only one who’s been missing you all this time?” Jungkook teased, chuckling.

Haekyung raised a brow at him, scooting further away in slight irritation. “What do you think?” The boy frowned playfully, but not before a small smile reappeared on his lips as he shrugged.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

“Yeah, you wish. I haven’t even said a word, yet you’re sprawling nonsense.” Haekyung muttered.

Jungkook turned to her, lightly playing with a strand of her soft hair with one hand.

Startled, the girl jerked her head up at him.

“So, what can I do in order for you to miss me as much as I’d miss you?” He smiled down at her.

Almost choking on a piece of meat out of nervousness and surprise, she blinked, quickly grabbing a cup of water by her side. Gulping it down in one swift motion, Haekyung faced the boy.

What the hell is he doing?!

It didn’t really register in her mind, the fact that she suddenly felt speechless all of a sudden.

Why was she reacting to his words like this? She knows he doesn’t even mean it. Yeah, probably not, seeing how much he loves to freaking around all the time, yet the girl could never tell if he was being serious with his words or actions, thus it left her baffled, and annoyed.

Haekyung instantly looked away, eyes trying to take in the trees and flowers surrounding the area, hoping it’d be a better distraction other than the boy who sat next to her. Yup, great plan.

This time, Haekyung forgot to distance herself, and Jungkook felt a gentle grin take over him.

Slowly releasing his fingers from the sweet scent of her hair, he pulled his hand back, currently satisfied with the quiet girl, who apparently didn’t show any negative reaction, or so it seems.

The boy just didn’t know what she was actually feeling on the inside.

But if he did, Jungkook would probably be most likely surprised, and somewhat happy that her feelings were a complete stir of mess, heartbeat unstable, whenever he joked around with her.

He’d like to know that she didn’t completely dislike him.

Seeing how quiet it was all of a sudden, the girl slightly angled her head to peer at him, curious. Haekyung bit her lips, pretending to cough to ease the tension away. This is freaking awkward.

Busy with eating his own share of food, he acted like nothing even happened.

Not knowing what to do, Haekyung looked back down onto her plate, quickly finishing it up before walking over to the garbage bin, carefully dumping her plastic cup and plate out.

Meanwhile, the boy just stared at her, his gentle gaze following her movements.

Tilting his head to see where the girl had went off to, he almost snickered when she slightly tripped over a rock, her face forming into a familiar scowl as she stubbornly kicked it away, before she climbed into her own tent just from a couple of meters away while everyone’s still eating.

Jungkook cracked an amused smile.

Haekyung, it looks like you’ve got a nervous side as well, huh?

 

 

 

---

Closing his eyes, he exhaled in frustration, annoyed by the sounds that could be heard from just a couple feet away. Not able to get a wink of sleep at all, thanks to a certain pair of guys, the boy himself mentally groaned, pulling the covers over his head in an attempt to fall back asleep.

Actually, there isn’t such thing.

Because he hasn’t even slept in the first place. This was seriously a bad idea.

Right now, he so regretted not bringing his own tent to occupy his stay on the trip. It so much, having to share a large tent with the duo, Sungho and Chanhyun. Why?

They both freaking snored like no tomorrow.

No sarcasm intended though. It was seriously irritating to deal with, so much that the boy wanted to dart a pillow over at their faces if it would create some damn peace and quiet. But he couldn’t.

Not when the two were nice enough to actually share a cramped tent with him.

Yeah, he had to at least show his “appreciation” by putting up with it silently, but on the inside, he just felt like giving up, hoping those sounds would stop invading his ear drums. Point clear?

Great.

Just twenty minutes later, Jungkook rolled his eyes, positioning himself upwards as he sat up straight, a thin layer of blanket still laying around the lower half of his body. He then sighed. Pulling the fabric off of him, he grabbed a grey hoodie nearby on his left, pulling it on.

The boy then stared at the other two males’ faces, drools and snores evident. Oh, what a sight.

Jungkook smirked, shaking his head. “This is pure torture, I’m out.”

Quietly making his way towards the opening of the tent, the boy pulled the zip down, careful to not wake the guys up, shifting over to slip into his black kicks. He then looked down onto the screen of his phone that he pulled out from his hoodie pocket, inspecting the current time.

3:45 am.

Well, .

How was he supposed to even get back to sleep now? It was damn late to begin with. Gazing around, there were no other students in sight, probably all sleeping like they should be. Oh, great.

Just too bad, he couldn’t have been one of them though.

Jungkook inhaled the soothing night-air, a breeze softly blowing pass him as both his hands were tucked securely within the pocket of his jeans. Casually walking around, he was contemplating on messaging the other guys, wondering if they’d be up for a game of soccer, despite the time.

Hey, they weren’t all best friends for nothing. He even remembered playing soccer at five in the morning with Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jin just a couple months ago. It was hella fun too.

The boy would have gone with that option, if not for the fact that he was suddenly distracted.

Turning his head towards a certain tent, the lights in it were still on.

He could see a faint silhouette behind it, a bright source of light coming from something that was placed in front of whoever was in that tent. Jungkook blinked, making his way over.

Reaching it, he then realized whose tent it was, before he carefully pulled down the zip of the tent, his head slowly poking in to check if the girl was asleep, while he hoped she wasn’t.

Because then, he’d have a reason to be awake.

So that he could be by her side, and probably not die of boredom all freaking night.

What an awesome excuse, right?

Scanning the state of the mess in the tent, the boy could only stare in silence, before he blinked once more. He knew he couldn’t help himself when it comes to her, because he was already smiling once he bent down to gently remove the book that covered the girl’s face.

The boy wasn’t even supposed to be doing this, but he felt like it anyway.

Picking at the trash of empty food bags, and small objects that laid around the sleeping girl, Jungkook cleared it away for her, doing it quietly so that he wouldn’t accidentally wake her up.

Not if he wanted to get smacked on the face for suddenly appearing out of nowhere. Haha.

Finishing up a couple minutes later, he gazed at her once more.

Just then, Haekyung pinched her closed eyes shut, carelessly rolling around in her sleep as she lightly shivered from the cold, seeing that what she had draped around her wasn’t even enough. He blinked, and without hesitation, the boy slipped his jacket off of the hoodie he wore on the inside, hands gripping on the collar of the material before lowering it to gently tuck it around her.

His slight smile deepened once he glanced back at her sleeping figure, unmoving.

No longer cold in her sleep, she fell into complete comfort, snuggling closer to the clothing for a good measure of warmth. Strangely, the girl unknowingly smelled the familiar scent, and it reminded her of a nice mix of Vanilla and Berries. Just like a certain somebody she remembered.

Another sound echoed in the tent, and the boy tore his gaze from her momentarily, eyes fixed on the bright laptop still freshly powered on, probably not turned off since Haekyung dozed off.

Closing it for her, Jungkook tucked it away at the corner of the tent.

Taking another quick glance at the clock built in his phone, his eyes rounded in slight surprise.

What the hell?

How was it possible that half an hour had already passed by? Strange.

Perhaps he had stayed in the girl’s tent a bit longer than he intended to. Deciding that he was content, even though Haekyung was practically sound asleep the entire time, he sat up straight.

Before he could go, his steps halted when he felt a soft tug on the palm of his left hand.

Peering over his shoulders before he turned back around, Jungkook felt the softness of her hand gently enclose around his. Next, his gaze slowly drifted downwards, causing his heart to stutter.

It probably wouldn’t have happened, if not for the fact that the girl wasn’t awake.

Actually, it was one of Haekyung’s habits to do so, but it wasn’t like the boy knew that. So he could only estimate so much, seeing how she didn’t utter a word, her hand still holding onto his.

Feeling her strength weaken from the way her hands were about to slid off from the warmth he felt from her hand, Jungkook exchanged positions, his hand now locked around hers as he slid his fingers through in the process, their hands intertwining. Looking down at her, he smiled softly.

He never knew, but it felt nice.

The way her fingers lightly brushed against his hand, and how he didn’t even need to think about anything at this moment, because all that mattered was the fact that things finally felt right.

And so, the both of them stayed in that position for about a few minutes, calmly still.

Eventually slipping his hand away from hers, Jungkook gently placed her arm back down by her side, her hand resting softly against the base of the tent. Just then, the girl unknowingly stirred.

The boy froze, not knowing what to do.

Haekyung mumbled incoherent words in her sleep, exhaling soft breathes of air as her lips parted open. The next second, a few words slipped from , and though it was quiet, he could still hear what she had said. It could have been anything, but the words that escaped the girl’s thoughts caught his attention. How was he supposed to even react to such a statement? Haha.

She mumbled in a quiet tone of voice, drowsy. “Jungkook…. you freaking…. idiot.”

Even when she was asleep, the boy could practically do nothing but stare down at her. His eyes carefully tracing the features of her face, though he was sure that it’d be better to stop right now.

He blinked in surprise when he caught sight of the small smile that hung at the corner of her lips.

Oh, how it made him adore her even more.

The next thing he knew, the boy’s body moved accordingly. Jungkook slightly bent himself lower, crouching down next to the girl before lowering his hand once more. He lightly pushed a stray strand of hair away from the sides of her face, leaning down so that he’d be able to softly brush his lips over the tip of Haekyung’s forehead. She remained still, her breathe heard in light paces.

Jungkook unknowingly smiled into the kiss, that content feeling surging through his chest.

Satisfied, he then pulled back.

Reaching a hand out to gently pinch her on the cheek, he parted his lips in reply to what she had blurted out just a second ago. Whispering softly into her ear, his soothing voice calmed her heart.

“Does this mean I'm your idiot now, polar bear?”