Mental Note To Self

Teased

 

Mental Note To Self

 

She inhaled the scent of the morning air flowing from the open windows of her room, enjoying the peace that had begun to embrace her.

The girl then shifted under the covers of her comfortable bed, lifting the sheets off of her head, yawning. 7:30, September 5th, was what displayed on the mid-sized alarm clock placed just next to the bed. Haekyung sighed and slammed the snooze button off before heading towards the bath room to get ready for school. It was the first day of school... again

She didn't really like the idea of going to school, but let's face it, what choice did she have? It was her junior year after all, she figured she'd just have to put up with it until she was able to quietly graduate. 

It was the same thing every day for her.

Waking up, going to school, do homework, take a shower, and going to sleep. Sounds pretty boring, huh?

Well, you can't blame her since she's not really an outgoing person who likes to hang with others after school, going to parties, and besides... it's not like she'll ever get a boyfriend either. It's not that Haekyung had a low self-esteem or anything, she just chooses not to socialize with the unnecessary kinds aside from the exceptions of her close friends, and family. 

But for now, she doesn't plan to, not now. Nope, definitely not. 

After getting dressed, Haekyung made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

She reached for the jar of strawberry jam, before popping the lid open, hoping to spread some of the sweetness onto her piece of toast. The girl took a large bite of the breakfast, only to scrunch her face in distaste the next second. Yuck... what's with the taste? Haekyung sighed before storing the spread back into the cabinet, mentally noting to buy more jam later at the supermarket. Seeing that she was always one of the earliest students to arrive at school, Haekyung had lots of time to spend before first period. 

She hopped onto her silver bike, hands secured on both handle rails before taking off for school. 

 

 

 

 ---

The lively and vibrant soft grass welcomed her, allowing her to sit peacefully under that one usual spot under the shady green tree, just at the back of the school. She got tired of reading her novel, thus placing it onto her lap before laying her head against the back of the sturdy tree trunk and closed her eyes.

If you're wondering why she chooses to isolate herself from the others, it's simple.

Her high school is famous for its reputation, academic records, and students who attend it. Therefore, there are class differentiations among certain students in each grade level. Most of them were rich, snobby, rude, and even stuck-up. But this wasn't the only reason why Haekyung felt uncomfortable breathing the same air, it was the fact that these people were much too outgoing and loud for her.

She likes to place herself in a peaceful environment, where one could freely choose to act as themselves without being judged. 

But to be honest, she was rarely affected or even bothered to care about what the others had thought of her, because she was too used to it. She was going to go through with this easy way of living her life till the end of high school. And that wasn't going to change anytime soon. 

Or so she thought.

 

...............

Feeling a soft knock on the top of her head, she turned around only to be met with a loud yell.

"BOOOOOO!!"

Haekyung was almost close to shrieking, when she heard that loud voice pierce through her ears. The said girl giggled and laughed at her best friend's reaction, placing herself next to the shocked and annoyed girl.

"You should have seen the look on your face! Hahahaha... oh god." 

"And you've gotta stop scaring me like that." Haekyung huffed and pouted in response, crossing her arms.

"Aww, don't be mad. I'm just trying to brighten up your morning, Hae." Jaein smiled and brought an arm around the girl's shoulder. Haekyung replied with a small smile, shaking her head in amusement, wondering how many times her friend have already attempted in scaring her poor heart out. Haekyung had first met Jaein during freshman year, when she was still quite unfamiliar with her surroundings. Even though she disliked associating with loud and obnoxious people, Yoo Jaein was an exception she made for herself. 

They both got along well and understood each other, and that was just enough for her to live on.

She wasn't like the other group of girls at Kangnam High, who strived under all the attention and popularity thrown at them when making numerous friends. In fact, she'd rather have one true companion who was there to stay by her side, no matter what the situation was, rather than having a hundred friends who might not be as sincere and committed.

The two enjoyed each other's usual company, while listening to soft music playing from Jaein's music player. 

"Hey, do you happen to have Chemistry and Gym this semester?" Jaein asked, fiddling with her school bag to search for her schedule. Haekyung also checked her own timetable, to confirm if she had any classes with her best friend. 

 

"Uh... I have Math, English, Art, and....... Oh, yeah I guess we'll be having gym together. Mr. Song, right?" 

"YESS! Awesome! And yup, that's Mr. Song for me too." Jaein clapped her hands together and excitedly pointed to the name on her paper.

Haekyung lightly smiled, but soon pouted because she was hoping that she'd have more than one class together with Jaein. She disliked gym since she wasn't good at sports. No. Cross that out, she was very bad at those activities. At least she'll be paired up with Jaein if she were ever forced to do those annoying exercises and make a fool of herself, which was very likely to happen. 

"Why'd you have to be such a nerd, taking science every year and all?" Haekyung joked.

"Whaaaat? I don't even like science! You have no idea, my parents are crazy. Remember?" Jaein frowned, mentally cursing her strict parents in her mind. "Oh right, your parents. Almost forgot." Haekyung laughed and patted the girl's shoulder.

Their conversation was interrupted when the bell of the school had officially rung, signalling the start of morning classes. 

"What. It's time already? Wooow."

Jaein scanned her wristwatch, rising from her spot on the ground before offering a hand to help her friend up from the patchy field of grass. "Thanks, let's get going. I don't want to be late for class." Haekyung said as she walked alongside the other girl towards the front of the school gates, pretty much used to making their ways around the first week of classes, seeing that they were both juniors by now.

 

 

 

---

However, they weren't expecting such a loud and ruckus scene made at the entrance, where massive groups of people, specifically girls ranging from all grades huddling over each other in chaos. Loud screams and shouts pierced through the air, causing Haekyung to cover her ears in annoyance, not at all expecting this to happen whatsoever. At least not on the first day of school, that is. 

What the heck?

Jaein's eyes sparkled when her eyes landed on a particular student, namely a guy at the very front of the rows.

That boy smiled, causing strange feelings to erupt in Jaein's heart. 

She stood there, staring. 

"Oh gosh. It's Jin!~ Isn't he adorable?! Ah, what are those girls doing to him?" Her friend shook her back and forth with excitement, as she focused her sight at the scene right in front. She then turned to the girl with puppy dog eyes, waiting for her approval of some sort. What was that look for? Oh right... she almost forgot that her crazy best friend had a huge crush on the guy, Kim Seokjin.

And she would be assuming that the cause for all of this chaos is the arrival of a group.

Bangtan Boys.

Right, how could she forget? This was a common happening every day at her crazy school. Those guys had just transferred to Kangnam High a year ago, and yet they were receiving so much attention and love as if they were there since the first year. Not that she was ever one of those female students who were obsessed over those people. Nope, and frankly, she's done everything to avoid the necessary kinds of the populars.

Including the Bangtan boys. 

"Oh, just gooo ahead and confess to your lover. Don't mind me at all." Haekyung turned to Jaein and teased. 

"Y-Yah! I'm not... never mind. Anyways, I'll catch you later, during lunch perhaps? See you later, Hae. Byeee!!" The said girl blushed, and gave a quick hug to her friend before dashing off to the front of the gates to catch a better glimpse of her crush. Haekyung stood there dazed, watching the back of Jaein running off towards her so-called prince. She then wore a small smile, in thought. 

Seriously. The things that people do for love... 

What was so good about these guys anyways? Apparently, all they do is cause unnecessary noise. Jeez, can't even get in from the entrance. Groaning, Haekyung shook her head in disapproval and squeezed in from the sides of the crowd in an attempt to head towards her first class of the day. She was soooo going to have to arrive earlier to her classes next time, definitely. 

A girl from behind purposely shoved Haekyung causing her to almost fall, before shouting "Jungkook oppa. I love you!!!" 

Haekyung glared at the girl, and sighed, registering that particular name in her mind.

Her eyes focused on that certain boy, with an evident frown still plastered on her face. It wasn't even supposed to happen. But somehow, he was returning the gaze back as he caught her eyes wandering around the crowd. Jungkook wasn't exactly pleased with this situation either, and was seemingly annoyed as much as the others were. Haekyung rolled her eyes and quickly diverted her attention away from that guy.

Honestly, she didn't want to be caught staring at any of those guys. Who knows what those girls might do to her afterwards?

She wasn't ready for any of that, no thank you.

Just why was she attending this school again...? This was crazy and stupid.

Mental note-to-self. Stay away from Bangtan boys, Kim Seokjin, and that Jungkook guy if I want to at least survive till the end of the school year. Right. She reminded, pushing her way in. 

This is totally one of the best days of school, ever. Not.