I Hate You More

Teased

 

I Hate You More

 

The girl almost wanted to slam her head against the desk, when finding out who her semester-long partner was. How in the world was she going to stand working with him?! She would rather be bundled up with a crazy racoon, even if it meant that she'd probably be clawed at. Okay. Well, not really... but you get her point. When the art teacher announced the huge assignment on the following week, stating that it was going to be worth a ton of marks, Haekyung had no problem with that, seeing that she actually had some interest and joy when it came to drawing. 

But who said, having to draw him was going to be any fun?

Haekyung narrowed her eyes at the boy, who was looking back at her while raising a brow in amusement, shrugging his shoulders.

"Switch partners with me," She threatened, huffing in dissatisfaction.

Blinking in thought, Jungkook pondered for a millisecond, flashing Haekyung a small grin before facing the front of the class, “Not gonna happen, ahjumma.” She frowned, wanting to pinch the boy on the arm, “Why? Just look at all those other girls who’d die to be paired up with you!” Planting both arms on her desk, the girl looked at her female classmates, who were busy sulking and whining because they weren’t lucky enough to be partnered up with either of the Bangtan boys. 

They only had Mrs. Choi to blame, seeing that she was the one who had personally assigned and matched her students up for this project.

“Because, I think you’re special.” Jungkook teased, blowing a raspberry at the girl who shuddered, unwilling to look at the irritating boy on her left. “Don’t flatter me.” Rolling her eyes, Haekyung sighed, resting her head against the support of her palm, pouting. Please, just kill me. I’m so going to fail this. Jungkook leaned over, invading Haekyung’s desk space.

“So, you’re one of those girls dying to be with me, huh?” The boy smiled softly, looking up at the girl who was so ready to smack him.

Yes, I’m just itching to kill you right now, Jeon Jungkook.

“No, but I’m willing to give you a punch on the face for free, if you want.” Haekyung smirked, with evil thoughts formulating on her mind. The boy on the right chuckled softly, shaking his head at the girl, amazed at her choice of words. “You shouldn’t have said that Haekyung, because he will really ask for it,” Leaning back on his chair, Taehyung eyed the other boy in amusement.

“Go ahead, I’m more than willing to be hit by a beautiful la-… ahjumma.” Laughing, Jungkook scooted closer, closing his eyes with a small smile. Haekyung winced, feeling her fists ball up in irritation. This guy is really… hateful.

Haekyung stared at the boy; face hard with a scowl, turning back to Mrs. Choi.

“That should settle the details. I hope I’ve covered all the information that you will need to know for this project. Don’t forget, its due three months from now.” Sounding excited and ecstatic, Mrs. Choi’s eyes gleamed with every word. Oh, was she crazy about art. Before she could continue, a number of hands have raised, causing a loud stir to commence.

“Teach, why aren’t we allowed to choose our own partners?” Crossing her arms in disappointment, a girl at the front questioned, frowning. “Yeah! I don’t happen to like my partner very much.” Another spoke boldly, snarling at the shaken boy who grumbled.

Most of the girls turned to send Haekyung a hateful look, to which the girl sighed and ignored to.

“I’m pairing up students based on their potential sense of compatibility, all partners on that list is final.” Pointing to the paper attached to the board, Mrs. Choi spoke sternly. Most of the students in class groaned in utter dissatisfaction, and so did Haekyung.

Compatibility?! Mrs. Choi, you are crazy. Haekyung buried her face in her hands out of frustration.

“Don’t forget to exchange contacts with one another, communication is important!” Smiling, the art teacher carefully tucked the remaining sheets into her pile of things, picking it up in the process before leaving the classroom. Haekyung blinked, not believing that her idiotic partner was final. Jungkook grinned, snatching the girl’s phone away from her. “Hey, what are you doing?!” Frowning, Haekyung attempted on taking her phone back, only to jump up and down while the boy smiled at her actions. 

Biting his lips in content, he pressed a couple of buttons before throwing it over to his best friend. “Thanks.” He chuckled, entering his contact into the girl’s phone book. Taehyung smiled, tossing the phone back to the baffled girl.

Haekyung dug into her contacts, finding two new names to appear on her friend list.

She rolled her eyes, wanting to delete it when she received a text message.

 


From: Jungkook

Sent: 12:05 pm

Eight, at the school’s library.


 

What the heck. Haekyung scoffed, deleting the message.

Great, what’s the point of getting rid of the numbers now? The girl looked up, staring. “You heard she what said. Communication is important,” Jungkook stated, knocking her softly on the head with one hand. Haekyung slapped his arm away, grimacing as she gathered her things. “Why did you need my number anyway? You’re not even my partner,” Turning her attention to the other boy, Taehyung shrugged, blinking innocently. “Doesn’t matter, I just do.” Staring down at her with a teasing smile, he walked off with Jimin and Hoseok, who were now joking and laughing about something ridiculous. Taehyung grinned, slapping the other male on the back. 

Making his way around the tables, Jungkook whistled, smirking at the girl before joining his friends.

Haekyung stood there staring, sighing out loud. 

Are all boys this stupid and annoying?! 

 

 

 

---

Standing between the rows of shelves, Haekyung looked through the Arts’ section, hoping to find the books that she was looking for. It was already 8:15 pm, yet the jerk himself didn’t show up yet. As expected of him. Gathering the books in her arms, the girl found her way back to her table at the far end of the library on the right. Flipping open the first page, Haekyung groaned, leaning her head against one arm. She had officially hated art now. She couldn’t even imagine drawing herself, yet having to personally sketch the boy was apparently mandatory now.

Haekyung took out a piece of paper, ready to practice her sketching.

Her pencil made the way around the dots, carefully connecting the lines of the figure. The girl blinked, tightening her lips at the piece of paper. The picture looked pretty awkward, considering the fact that she was actually trying. Ugh, she is never taking art ever again. Why is it so difficult? Haekyung sighed, reaching for the other art pencil that sat by her on the table.

 

“Wow, this looks really terrible.”

Snickering, a hand reached out to grasp hers. He gently guided her movements in a swift manner, completing the drawing with the perfect shade. Haekyung turned, almost holding in her breath when her face met the sides of the boy who was now leaning over her from behind, standing up. She could faintly inhale his sweet scent, making her feel light headed. Jungkook glanced at the girl next to him, eyes somewhat soft and caring. It made her felt uncomfortable, seeing that sincere look on his face, all of a sudden.

Haekyung gasped, pushing him away harshly in instinct. 

“Ouch! What’s with that strength of yours, ahjumma?” Jungkook pouted and rolled his eyes at the girl, making his way over to the other side to slide the chair out. Haekyung looked up, scrunching her brows at him in annoyance before looking back down to continue her drawing.

She had to admit it; the boy added quite a good touch to the figure, making the piece look more attractive. Talented or not, Jeon Jungkook is still annoying. No doubt about it. “You’re late.” Haekyung spoke, flipping her book to the second page.

“I know,” Smiling, Jungkook placed one arm on the table, adjusting it to his liking so that he could openly stare at the girl in front of him. Studying her, it made him feel content. The way she unconsciously bit her lips every now and then, made her look all the more interesting, and well... kind of cute? After a few minutes, she looked up, only to glare at him.

“Stop staring at me, idiot.” Haekyung mumbled in irritation, wanting to throw her pencil at him.

Managing a lop-sided grin, he shook his head, “I don’t want to.”

Haekyung closed her book, inhaling the air to calm herself down. “I'm not in the mood to fail this project, so would you pretty please get to work? We’ve only got three months, Jungkook.” The girl looked down, pursing her lips, unaware of the fact that she had just called the boy by his name. He smirked lightly, kicking her legs under the table. 

“You won’t, because I’ve already got the image of you placed right here,” Jungkook pointed to his heart, smiling.

Boy, did he enjoy seeing the girl mad.

Throwing her pencil at the boy, Jungkook dodged it while laughing. “What am I going to do with you?” She breathed, shaking her head at him. If only she could place him as the most irritating boy on earth, down on records. Oh, if only she could.

 

 

 

---

Opening her eyes, Haekyung groaned, adjusting her tired eyes to the lights above. Her gaze wandered over to the huge clock hanged on the left side of the library, 12:35 am.
 
Haekyung looked around the library, only to find it completely empty.
 

She gasped, mentally cursing. Swinging her head back to the boy in front of her, she shook him by the arm. “Wake up, idiot. It’s time to go.” Haekyung swung his arm back and forth, to which the boy mumbled and whined, fluttering his eyes open slowly. “Don't. Wake. Me. Up, ahjumma…” Jungkook sighed, burying his head into the sleeves of his arms. The girl glared at him, positioning her fingers at the tip of his head, before letting loose a hard flick. It was one of the boy’s favourite habits, and it didn’t take a genius to figure out that he had enjoyed flicking other people’s poor heads. Haekyung chuckled to herself, watching the boy grunt.

“Okay, alright. I’m up!!” Sighing in frustration, Jungkook lifted himself off the table, swinging his black bag over his shoulders.

“Good,” She packed and returned all the books quickly to where she found them, before tucking in the chairs neatly. Jungkook trailed after Haekyung, who was walking a little too fast for his liking. Grabbing the hook of her back pack, he yanked her towards him, raising his brows. 

“Slow down, will you?”

She narrowed her eyes at him, “You’re free to go home now, so why are you following me?”

“Uh, no. My house is in the same direction. Why, did you want me to walk you home?” Jungkook smiled, releasing his grip on her bag. She rolled her eyes and ignored him nonetheless, quickening her pace forwards. All she wanted to do now was to get into the soft covers of her fluffy bed. Making her way down the streets, a gust of wind blew past the girl, causing her to shiver inwardly.

Jungkook gazed at her, smirking. Was she too stubborn to wear an extra layer or what? Taking off his jacket, he tossed the jacket over the girl’s head. Shifting in surprise, Haekyung turned around to look at the boy, whose hands were tucked into the pocket of his jeans, looking unfazed by the wind. She felt the warmth of the fabric, trapping her in a sweet embrace.

Sensing a stare thrown his way, Jungkook looked over to the dazed girl.

“You looked like a crazy wobbling penguin. That’s not cute at all.” He lied, raising his brows in the process, before focusing his sight towards the roads again. 

I knew it. Haekyung huffed at his words, snuggling the jacket around her body tighter.

If it wasn’t for the strong breeze right now, she’d definitely hurl it back to him without second thoughts. When the girl’s footsteps came to a halt, she inserted the keys into the lock, twisting it open. Turning back around, she glanced at the boy next to her.

“...I never asked you to walk me home, idiot.” She sighed, tired.

“You’re very ungrateful, you know that?” Jungkook frowned, flicking Haekyung on the forehead.

Haekyung gasped, shocked at the pain. “Stop doing that!” Rubbing her forehead, she groaned. The boy laughed to himself, shaking his head at her reaction. Just why was it never boring, when she was around? 

She stared at him; mouth wide, eyes gazing at him in exasperation.

“I hate you.”

With a straight face, the boy neared where Haekyung stood, closing the distance between them. She gulped, lifting her sight from the ground, to meet his vague eyes. Was he mad?

The boy lifted an arm up ever so slowly, and the girl felt a warm hand resting over her head.

“I hate you more.” 

Breaking into a delightful smile, Jungkook ruffled the girl’s hair playfully, gazing down at her. Before she could take a step back, he had already retreated, pulling away. Haekyung watched as Jungkook turned and walked off into the night. 

...Did that really just happen?  Haekyung blinked and frowned, sensing strange feelings to stir in her confused heart. She had actually expected him to bicker back, so why hadn't he done just that? And how could he say something like that, with such an expression? Jeon Jungkook..

Oh, just why was this boy so confusing?