His Special Someone

Teased

 

His Special Someone

 

“Okay, so it goes like this.” Starting with the first step, the tip of the pencil smoothly made its way down the page, summarizing what the latter needed to know. Sohee’s eyes lifted to the girl next to her once in a while, to check if she understood the formula well enough to complete another question on her own. Cranking her neck in uncertainty, the other girl bit her lips as she mentally took in the notes created for her.

It had been Tuesday, the following week.

Haekyung was more than thankful that Sohee would live up to what she offered. Honestly, she did, but the girl was almost afraid of becoming a burden in the process. The two had been sitting at one of the usual cafes near the school, and Haekyung was already beginning to feel annoyed after what seemed like an hour.

The least she could do was to keep trying. Yeah. No matter how much I at this, I should.

“Do you carry the nine over there, and bond these two afterwards?”

Inching closer to the notebook on the other girl’s side, Sohee scanned the answers written down below the question she made earlier. She nodded her head every couple of seconds, until her eyes trailed to one of the steps near the middle.

“Oh, I think you switched these two up,” Pointing to the two rows, the girl continued, “You carry the nine after step five. Then, you connect these numbers in the formula in order to get the final answer.” Sohee smiled lightly, reaching over to grab another free pencil on the desk to mark that reminder down on the sheet of paper. Haekyung sighed, half-smiling and groaning at her so-called “achievement.”

“Yeah. I really have to keep working on this...”

Patting her lightly on the shoulder, Sohee let out a soft chuckle to ensure that she didn’t mind it at all. No one becomes an expert instantly, because that’s just how it flows for the process of growth. At least, that was how Kang Sohee had always cheerfully perceived it in her mind.

“You’re making me sad when you frown, Haekyung! It’s okay. I think you’re doing great. Just keep trying, alright?” Sohee encouraged, tucking the wooden chair in as she got up to pack her things sprawled on the table. Her eyes glanced at the watch on the wall, before she lightly gasped. “Oh crap, I’m going to be late for the meeting. Looks like I’ve got to run back to the school, don’t give up, okay? I’ll see you soon!” Sohee blurted the sentence in a hurry, waving the girl goodbye.

Haekyung blinked at her quick words, trying to literally process every thought down.

“Huh. Oh- Okay. Thanks for your time, Sohee. And yeah, I’ll keep working on it.”

Breaking into a small smile, Haekyung greeted the other girl who was already at the door. She was slowly beginning to open up to the others around her. Yes, that included the Bangtan group as well, as much as she had absolutely hated their presence in the beginning. It didn’t mean that she had considered those goofballs to be her actual friends though, just people that the girl was progressively acknowledging within time.

At least, that was what Min Haekyung had thought anyway. To say the past month of school had been completely peaceful and pleasant, would be a total lie, since things didn’t exactly go as her plan intended to. The poor girl had to deal with a number of things happening around her all of a sudden throughout the week.

The chair incident and the ball whacking was one thing, but the pranks continued on uneventfully.

Sometimes, it bothered her to keep silent.

Yet, Haekyung didn’t take it to heart since it wasn’t anyone’s fault in particular.

Not even Jeon Jungkook, even though she found the guy to be cold and irritating without a care.

At least the boy was helpful towards the girl’s situation at times. Right? But Haekyung still didn’t actually understand how Jungkook could be so obnoxious and rude, yet show his unexpectedly gentle intentions all at the same time. Great. Why am I suddenly thinking about him again?! Whatever. Time will heal everything. Then, things will finally go back to normal. But seriously, those girls really need to relax.

It’s not as if the two were in an intimate relationship whatsoever.

Man, those girls are clearly crazy. What did I do to deserve this anyway?

 

 

 

---

Rubbing both hands onto the sides of her uniform blazer, Jaein walked out of the café’s restroom, wandering over back to where her best friend sat. She giggled softly when her eyes landed on the pile of absolute mess on the wooden top, and Haekyung looked up with a slight frown.

“Having fun?” Jaein questioned playfully.

“Nope. I would rather be stuck in art class listening to Mrs. Choi babble on for hours, than this.”

The other girl laughed, planting an arm on the surface of the table comfortably.

Haekyung clicked her pen repeatedly, biting the tip of the cap as she thought about what Sohee had just taught her a while ago. Brightening up for a millisecond, Haekyung scribbled down the answer, inserting the long formula into the calculator beside her. Watching in interest, Jaein followed her best friend’s pen movements, nodding her head as she sipped on her refreshing drink. “You’re doing just fine though, Hae. I don’t see why you’re stressing about it.”

Giving her friend a short glance, Haekyung snorted.

“Am I really? Why do I think you’re just saying that to make me feel better, huh?” Snickering lightly, Haekyung poked Jaein on the waist with the tip of her pen. Jaein squealed in reaction, since the girl was ticklish all over. “S-Stop that. Haeeee-“ Jaein laughed while whining, scooting her chair away as she pouted. It caused Haekyung to smile warmly at the girl’s usual behaviour.

Their little play was interrupted when a flash of music came from the other girl’s skirt pocket.

Reaching in to grab her phone, Jaein answered the call.

“Noona. Are you at the café again?”

Jaein leaned over the table, raising a brow at her little brother’s random question.

“Yeah, I am. What’s wrong, Jaeho? Did you need something?”

“Cool. Get me a cup of Cream Macchiato.” Jaeho demanded over the phone.

“Hey, you just had it yesterday! Plus, Mom says you’ll get fat if you keep drinking it.”

“Says the one who’s at the café almost every single day of the week. Mom says you are fat too.”

“What. No she didn’t! Yah, Yoo Jaeho. Are you saying that I’m chubby?” Jaein playfully scolded over the phone at her brother’s words, lightly scowling at his tone of voice.

“Yes, now can I finally get my drink?” The fifth grader rolled his eyes, laughing.

“Jeez, where are my little brother’s manners? At least say please.”

The line went silent for a moment, and Jaein could hear the faint sounds of loud gaming music boom through the speakers of the room. The girl tapped the phone, waiting impatiently.

“Pleaseeeeee?” He mustered cutely.

 

 

Haekyung continued to work on her problem, ears taking in her friend’s conversation with her little brother. Smiling softly, the girl sighed, feeling the bitter sensation resurface for a couple of quick seconds before her expression faltered. How great would it be, if she had a sibling as well? Sometimes, Haekyung was sort of envious of how closely bonded other families were, especially Jaein’s. But things were meant to happen for a reason, right? Maybe things were the way they were now, because she had gotten used to living her half-empty life. Without warmth and care.

Almost nothing could come close to how much it affects her, when she thought about the absence of her parents. Her grip around the pen loosened, as she pushed the memory and thoughts away.

It hurts.

Looking down at the palm of her left hand, her gaze hardened at the mark on her hand.

Haekyung had gotten it earlier during last week, when one of those classmates of hers pulled another mean joke. Brushing her skin gently, she lowered the sleeves of her blazer to cover it.

In and out.

Concealing her emotions, she tore her gaze away from the papers when Jaein halted the call momentarily, linking her arms with the quiet girl next to her. “Psssst. Hae. My brother’s being a little brat again. What’s with him and Cream Macchiatos, anyway?!” She whispered sneakily, holding the phone far away from where the two were. “Hey. I heard that, sis!”

Jaein widened her eyes in surprise, wondering how on earth her brother could outsmart her.

“Yah, Yoo Jaeho. How did you even hear me?"

Oh, right.

“Because you put me on speaker, idiot.” The boy retorted, cackling at the game he was playing with his schoolmate on the other end. He high-fived his buddy when they scored.

Jaein smiled in embarrassment, gaining her “sisterly composure” back. Sight still on her best friend, Haekyung bit onto her coloured straw, sipping the drink she had ordered just ten minutes ago, “Haha. You should go, before Jaeho bursts. He’s really craving for a drink, huh?”

“Yeah, I know. God, kids are soooo impatient these days.”

The other girl laughed, grabbing the beige bag next to her before handing it over to Jaein.

“Good luck with math. I know you’ll get there~ I’ll catch you tomorrow in Gym, okay?” Leaning over to engulf Haekyung in a small hug, Haekyung nodded as she put an arm around her friend. Pulling away with a grin, Jaein went over to the counter to buy a drink for Jaeho as planned, casually going about it slowly as she searched for the necessary coins in her bag.

“Sis, I should really consider telling Jin hyung about your little girly crush on him. Oh. That would be funny, right?” Snickering over the phone, Jaeho waited for his older sister’s reaction.

Of course. She was going to freak out. No doubt about it.

“W-Whaaat?! You wouldn’t dare! I’ll tell Mom and Dad that you’re purposely being mean to Ah Yeon.” Jaein countered, smiling smartly at the thought of her parents nagging their son of how he’s supposed to be all “sweet and accepting” towards the girls who happens to crush on him. Ah Yeon was one of them, and she was honestly quite adorable and down to earth, to begin with.

“F-Fine. I take that back. Don’t. Tell. Them. Especially, Mom.” Jaeho muttered in displeasure.

Hahahaha. I thought so. Once again, Jaein scores!”

“Confident much? I’m still going to tell Jin hyung. It’s not over, noona.” Jaeho sang sweetly.

Her hearty laughter stopped, when the call ended. She frowned, upon realizing that Jaeho had already hung up on his older sister, who he couldn’t stand having a normal conversation with. “Jaeho, you little scheme! Just wait till I get back home.”

Haekyung sighed, smiling as she glanced over to Jaein who hurried out of the café with the drink.

Oh, siblings.

 

 

 

---

Right in the middle of working on a question from the text, Haekyung’s concentration was put to an abrupt stop, when the girl lifted her head from her lazy-sitting position. The bell on the door of the café lightly chimed, when someone came walking in with a sketchbook clutched underneath his forearm, and the other with an unfinished apple. He looked at her with a knowing smile, casually strolling over to where her table was located in the shop. Haekyung blinked, biting the insides of her cheek before looking back down at the paper in front of her.

Oh, how fantastic.

Not.

Why do I always happen to freaking run into him?!

She was almost kind of surprised to see him here. Well, that guy always just so happens to appear out of the blue, randomly. So, it’d only be natural if the girl was starting to get used to it, right?

“Wow, aren’t you happy to see me?” He half-shouted and stated across the café, gaining the looks and attention of the other customers, including the staffs. Breaking into a snicker, Jungkook watched as Haekyung wiped her head up from the table, eyes irritatingly darting from left to right in embarrassment. Unwillingly, she gestured over to him, to quickly move his stupid over.

“Are you trying to get us kicked out of the here?!” Haekyung hissed in caution, her finger pointing over to the poster on the wall next to her, “Please keep the noise level to a minimum.”

Jungkook glanced at the words in a bored manner, not giving interest to it.

“And that would happen because…?”

Huffing in disbelief, she tilted her head towards the counter on the other side, only to see the part-time female workers giggle and exchange words of squeals among each other when the boy glanced their way. Oh hell. Was there even a purpose for that rule posted, then?

“This is so ridiculous, I swear. Why do you always get the upper treatment, huh?”

Jungkook scoffed lightly, “How would I know?”

Dropping his black duffel bag on the edge of the wooden table, Jungkook set his grey sketchbook in front of him, taking a seat directly across from the girl who continued moving her pen as she scribbled carelessly. “How’d you know I was here, anyway?” She broke the silence, gaze still unmoving. Jungkook smiled, biting into his green apple, “I’m good at guessing?” 

Haekyung snorted, sneaking a peak at the boy who was still looking directly at her.

She almost stilled, not expecting him to do so. “Huh. Sure you are, idiot. I hope you’re not here just to annoy me... Anyways, thanks for before.” Quietly mumbling the last part, Haekyung took a quick sip of her drink, trying to avoid his gaze. Jungkook kept silent, wanting to burst out laughing at her behaviour. Was he hearing it right? “Could you say that again? I didn’t hear you so well.”

She rolled her eyes inwardly, not wanting to repeat what she had just said a second time. Ugh, Jeon Jungkook. Don’t push it. “I said you’re an idiot. Okay, good? Now stop bothering me.” The boy blinked, catching the girl becoming slightly flustered at her sudden attitude towards him.

Is it really that hard for you to show your gratitude? Only you would have trouble doing that.

How adorable.

“Yeah, whatever. Take your time to tone down your grumpiness, alright?”

“Okay, idiot.” Haekyung answered in irritation, flashing him a fake smile. Jungkook shrugged at her actions, extending an arm out to gain her attention once more. He tapped the sides of her cheek with the clean straw, eyeing her questioningly. “What’s with that position? You look like you’re hiding some top-secret document. Jeez, lift your head up a little, would you?” Jungkook stated while grinning, showing the scowling girl his sketchbook in the air as he waved it about. 

It’s been literally a month, and the two had barely made much progress on the Art project.

Oh . At this rate, they would probably both fail.

Not that she really cared much about her grades when it came to Arts. But passing was a must.

Haekyung pouted to herself, sighing in thought. “Fine, I’ll stay still. Just make sure to finish it quick. It really staying still as a stone.” Positioning her body straighter, she lifted her head in the perfect stance, allowing the boy to get a fairly good view of her face. Ugh, this is so damn awkward. Just why did Mrs. Choi even create such assignments? Besides, having Jungkook stare at her unconditionally somehow made herself feel uncomfortable and self-conscious. Great.

..Nah. I could care less of what he thinks of me anyway.

 

 

The two worked in silence for a good amount of time, both totally immersed with what they’re doing. Haekyung let the feeling of discomfort sway from her focused mind. She was slowly getting better at solving the problems. Perfect. Inclining her head back down as a habit by mistake, Haekyung looked back up, eyes glancing over to the boy in curiosity. Leaning his back on the sturdiness of the comfortable chair, his hand carefully traced over whatever he was sketching.

With his eyes glued to the sketchbook, Jungkook didn’t bother looking over at her at all.

To her, it didn’t seem like he was putting too much effort into his work, since he looked too relaxed. Why’d he ask me to stay still, if he wasn’t going to take it seriously…? How annoying.

Haekyung sighed, deciding to shrug off the topic since the girl still half-trusted that Jeon Jungkook at least wouldn’t want to fail Art, as much as she did. She even remembered Mrs. Choi praising the boy’s work as if he was freaking Picasso or something. Whatever, Mrs. Choi is nuts anyway.

Cracking an amused smile, his eyes carefully travelled over back to the girl.

Since he was overly familiar with the basics, it wasn’t necessary for the boy to constantly stare at what he was going to draw. In fact, he had already grown used to his techniques for quite a while now. Jungkook clicked his tongue in mild irritation, when he glanced over to Haekyung several times. She was totally oblivious of his stares up till now, not noticing that a part of her hair had effortlessly fallen over the sides of her face.

It didn’t bother her as much, in contrary to the boy.

He placed the sketchbook on his lap momentarily, pulling his chair closer to the table.

Feeling his gentle touch, Haekyung blinked at her work. She looked up cautiously, not aware of what he was doing. The next moment, both their eyes caught onto each other, causing a moment of silence to ensue. “Hey. What are you-” Stopping her sentence mid-way, she bit her lips. With his right hand, Jungkook brushed his fingers over the strands of her hair, lightly curling it behind the girl’s ears. The boy was doing it so casually, as if he had done it to her a million times. It caused Haekyung to blink in silence.

She didn’t even get the chance to shove his hand away, like she usually would. Just what the heck was that all about?

“Doing..” She finished her sentence.

Haekyung exhaled a puff of air, not knowing she had been holding it in, in the first place.

Flashing a nonchalant grin, Jungkook ignored her question. He diverted his attention back to what he was doing earlier, resting the back of his head over the chair. Finally, now I can continue.

Witnessing that, Haekyung looked away with a lack of words, coughing awkwardly afterwards. This was probably the first time that words were literally being caught in . Thinking about it, she actually kind of liked it when Jeon Jungkook halted his teasing sessions. Sometimes, Haekyung just couldn’t figure what was going through his mind at all.

“Jeon Jungkook,” she called.

“What?”

“How far are you getting with the sketch?” Haekyung questioned.

Jungkook looked up briefly, his mischievous side returning. Haekyung furrowed her brows.

“Hmm. I haven’t even started.” Blurting out without a care, he laughed at her dazed look. “What. Are you serious?! Hey, do you know how stiff my neck is right now?” Haekyung muttered with a glint of annoyance in her eyes. When the boy shrugged, she growled, shifting over in an attempt to grab the book from him. Picasso my , damn you Jungkook!

Jungkook grinned, “There’s nothing to look at anyways. Stop trying to steal it.”

He used one hand to steady the angry girl.  Huffing, she reached her arms out nonetheless. With his palm pushing back Haekyung’s forehead, she was definitely getting nowhere.

“You moron, just see if I’ll ever believe you again!”

Despite their loudness, people in the café all turned their heads to look at the fighting pair. Some chuckled and laughed at their interaction, while the others pointed and whispered in amusement.

“What a cute couple.”  

 

 

 

---

Somehow, they had both ended up walking next to one another even after the heated scene just a while ago. It’s unbelievable, how Jeon Jungkook can so easily get on her nerves that effortlessly.

It was good that Haekyung had let the issue go. She wasn’t that petty over trivial things anyway.

Before exiting the shop, the girl had bought another drink to occupy the trip back home. Seeing that it was already 8:00 pm, the night breeze didn’t really soothe the situation of the cold night. At least, it wasn’t all that bad while she carefully sipped on her hot chocolate in hand.

Eating small bites of the donut, Jungkook turned to her. He smiled when she chugged the liquid down sip after another. When the warm cup became a little too hot for her comfort, Haekyung switched hands. Noticing a large mark on the palm of her hand, his gaze softened.

Was Haekyung really that clumsy?

But it didn’t really look like an ordinary mark that you’d get from just easily bumping into something. Strangely, the boy was curious as to how she had gotten it. Well, it was none of his business anyway. So why was he so concerned with what he was seeing? Haekyung probably wouldn’t tell him even if he had personally asked. By now, Jungkook almost knew her too well.

Jungkook let his gaze fall, shrugging the thought away. It really has nothing to do with him.

Too bad, the boy just didn’t know that the cause for the mishaps were all because of him. But if it were up to him to decide, then he’d most probably blame it on the girl next to him right now.

If it weren’t for the fact that she had somehow managed to catch his attention and carelessly charmed her way into his heart, without him even fully becoming aware of it, Jungkook most definitely would have not found himself of wanting to keep her by his side. To put it short, the boy liked it when Min Haekyung was around. Despite her cold remarks and short temper, it was easy being just him. Not having to live up to the others’ expectations, and mask a tiring façade. Sensing the unexpected silence, Haekyung looked at the quiet boy.

Wow, Jeon Jungkook. Not sprouting nonsense, not teasing her, not making her blood boil?

I could really get used to this.

Just like that, the unusual quietness of the night had created a wonderful silence. They walked side-to-side, shoulders almost touching. Usually, Haekyung would always try to distance herself away from him, but seeing that innocent and calm expression on his face, she couldn’t find the strength and effort to. How come the boy almost looked… lost? Like most situations, figuring out what Jungkook was even thinking about was already quite the challenge itself.

Whatever. Who am I to pry into his mind, anyways?

Haekyung ducked her head down into her thin scarf, exhaling a puff of warm air. October is sure cold. The girl closed her eyes when a large swoosh of wind came attacking her poor face. Cheeks reddening, she groaned to rub it away. It’s so damn cold. Oh great, ten minutes till we reach.

Observing the girl beside him, he watched her in light enjoyment. Why are you always cold?

Without warning, Jungkook reached for her right wrist, grabbing a soft hold of it.

“Yah, Jungkook.”

He wanted to chuckle when he heard her voice slightly tremble in uneven waves. Was it because the weather was really that cold, or was it simply because his actions made the girl nervous?

“Yeah?” Angling his head a tiny bit, he looked down at her as if he too bored to converse.

Her eyes looked down to the lower part of their arms, and she signaled him to let go. But the boy made no move to do so, as she wished. It wasn’t one of those tight and harsh grips like she imagined, but more of a gentle hold as if to guide someone. Haekyung’s conclusion stopped mid-way when she felt his soft fingers lock around hers, her hand slipping into his perfectly. 

She blinked, feeling the warmth of his hand wrap around hers. Haekyung was stiff as a rock, fingers limp, without holding his back. It didn’t bother the boy though, as he continued to walk.

“Mind telling me why in the world we’re holding hands?”

He stated calmly, voice curt, and eyes no longer on hers, “Because I’m cold.”

Raising a brow at him in suspicion, Haekyung frowned when the temperature of his hand were way warmer than hers. What a liar. “Well. I don’t care, okay? Let go of my hand. It’s weird.”

Jungkook smiled teasingly, shaking his head. “How cruel.”

She rolled her eyes at him, when he continued to drag her on. The girl’s house was only a few minutes away now anyway, she’d really appreciate if it the idiot would free her from his hold. It was getting too awkward for her liking. They weren’t even considered to be stable friends, due to the constant bicker and arguments formed between them.

I really… hate you, Jungkook.

Trying to squeeze out of his hand, Haekyung sighed in defeat after a minute.

“Just five minutes.” Interrupting her thoughts, Jungkook blew a raspberry at her, eyes twinkling.

Despite her struggle against his touch and his irritating attitude, she found herself sulking the next moment, not bothering to retort back to him. It’s funny how his actions differ so much from the words he speaks. Too much. Ignoring him with a slight frown, she tended back to the tastiness of her drink, eyes focusing on ahead into the distance.

Strange, five minutes really did die fast.

Wait, what? I should be happy. Yeah. Damnit, hanging around with this idiot is making my mind fuzzy and dumb. She convinced herself, nodding her head up and down in a funny manner.

Jungkook looked at her weirdly, trying to decipher what in the world she was thinking of now.

“Hey. When do you plan to let go of my hand, huh?”

“What are you talking about?” Haekyung looked at him in disbelief, her eyes proving her wrong when she realized that her fingers were now slightly curled around his. When did this happen?!

The boy’s eyes beamed at her playfully, shaking his head at her.

You are indeed really weird, Haekyung.

Finding a quick excuse, she quickly retracted her hand as if her life depended on it. Ugh, this was precisely the reason why she hated boys. Them and their unnecessary actions in the first place.

“For your information, I was just returning the favour alright? Nothing else.”

When the both of them reached her house, Haekyung wordlessly fished for her keys in her shoulder-strapped bag, entering through the front door without turning back around. Jungkook huffed at her attitude, calling out to her from behind. “Aren’t you going to say Goodnight?”

Turning back around to close the door, Haekyung flashed him an evil smile.

“Nope.”

Jungkook blinked when Haekyung slammed the door on him, his face just a couple meters away.

Ouch. He broke into a carefree grin, sighing as he exited the pathway to her house. How thoughtful of you. He thought sarcastically, though in the back of his mind, Jungkook would actually prefer if Haekyung would stay the exact way as she was. Now, and in the future.

Always a grumpy ahjumma, and always will be one.

 

 

 

---

Coming out of the bathroom, Haekyung blinked when her phone started vibrating against her desk.

She walked over lazily, dragging her tired body to grab it before jumping onto the softness of her comfortable bed. Rolling over to her front side, the girl unlocked her hand phone. Let’s see. One message from…

 

From: Jungkook. Sent: 9:03 pm.

“Wow, how hurtful.”                             

From: Haekyung. Sent: 9:08 pm.

“Oh. Would you like an ice pack with that, your royal majesty?

From: Jungkook. Sent: 9:12 pm.

“Ha-Ha. Very funny. You can’t even say Goodnight to me without being aggressive.         

From: Haekyung. Sent: 9:13 pm.

“So, what If I’m aggressive? What the- Why am I even replying back to your texts?”

From: Jungkook. Sent: 9:15 pm.

“Yeah. Could you at least give me a hug next time, instead of slamming the door on my face?”

From: Haekyung. Sent: 9:16 pm.

“What?! No. That will never happen, you ert.  -_____-“

From: Jungkook. Sent: 9:20 pm.

“Hah. I know that, grumpy one. Man, you and your harsh words. (:”

From: Haekyung. Sent: 9:28 pm.

“Good to know. I’m busy. Whatever… Goodnight, Jungkook.”
 
From: Jungkook. Sent: 9:38 pm.      
 
“Alright. Just make sure you don’t dream about me or something, because I might just freak out if I happen to see you there. You look quite scary, when you’re angry. Night, grumpy ahjumma.”
 
From: Haekyung. Sent: 9:50 pm.
 
“Pft.. Do you want to die? I’ll make sure to haunt you in your dreams. After all, I’m “quite” scary, right? What a good plan. Oh, and by the way, I still hate you.”
 
From: Jungkook. Sent: 10:16 pm.
 
“Good. Our feelings are still both mutual then~
 
From: Haekyung. Sent: 10:25 pm.
 
“..Stop confusing me with your mushiness. I’m going to sleep for real, you moron.”

 

 

He briefly laughed at her reply, his attention turning away when he heard his name being called. Mr. Jeon stood at the doorway to his bedroom, smiling at his son’s sudden behaviour. “Someone looks happy. Who’re you talking to, Jungkook?” Walking over to the edge of the boy’s bed, the man sat down.

Resting the phone back onto the table, Jungkook shook his head, grinning.

“No one in particular, Dad.”

“Haha, really? I don’t see why your smile is so wide. Oh, I hope it’s not a girl.” His dad teased.

Shifting up from his position on the bed, Jungkook lightly rolled his eyes at the older man. Now it was kind of evident, as to where the boy had gotten his behavioural genes from. Grabbing the top on the chair nearby, Jungkook walked out of his room lazily.

“Nah, of course not.”

“Okay, whatever you say kiddo. If you’re hungry, I left some extras in the kitchen.”

He nodded, putting an arm around his dad’s shoulders as he slipped on his black sweater.

“Great, I was getting a little hungry. Thanks, Dad.”    

Mr. Jeon smiled, strolling back out to the living room to continue watching the daily news.

The boy made his way down the stairs, hands in his pocket as his mind casually drifted about.

Jungkook felt himself denying it.

The corners of his lips that curled upwards would have told otherwise though.

Yeah. No one particularly...special.