She's My Girlfriend

Teased

 

She's My Girlfriend

 

Convincing herself that she was really supposed to be resting, Haekyung gave up.

The only thing she could do was imitate what everyone else was doing, because it wasn’t like she’d be able to fall asleep at a time like this.

Horror movies were her all-time favourites anyway. 

There was nothing but silence hanging in the air of the entire room as everyone paid close attention fixed to what was playing. With her eyes roaming around the other’s faces, Haekyung stifled a small smile, wondering if she was the only one who wasn’t afraid.

Or was it only because she so used to watching these sort of things?

Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jimin were busy shaking at the suspense, while the other boys had a rather different outcome. With his arms still crossed, Jungkook blinked, trying not to fall asleep. On the other hand, Taehyung was wide awake, actually enjoying the film. But the poor girl Sohee just couldn’t stop shaking alongside the boys, her hands covering her face. 

Noticing this, Taehyung lightly put an arm around her shoulder as a sign of comfort.

“I’m not scared, okay?” Sohee whispered, pouting.

“I never implied you were, silly.”

He shrugged, releasing his hold around her as the girl hesitated, pulling his left arm back down. Taehyung looked down at her questioningly, and Sohee just pursed her lips in response.

“Okay, maybe a little.”

“Uh huh.”

Taehyung smiled, his eyes darting over to the other girl, hoping to find a similar reaction.

However, what he saw was literally nowhere close to what he was expecting. In fact, Haekyung’s mouth was wide open, her arms folded underneath her chin to support her as she watched the movie, a huge smile spread over her face. He didn’t even know why, but he thought that even when the girl wasn’t busy sulking or frowning, a smile really suited her as well.

He watched as the boy next to her leaned over her side, his hand reaching out to close .

She shifted away in alert, irritated with his actions.

“Stop distracting me, will you?”

“Watching you drool is more distracting, did you know that?”

Haekyung rolled her eyes, trying to shove his hands away, only to yelp when he grinned at her efforts.

Holding onto her wrists, Jungkook made faces at her, challenging her. She frowned. “Want me to kick you out right now?” Muttering under her breathe, the girl turned away, placing a pillow in between her and the boy to separate them. He pouted, pretending to be hurt.

“Why so harsh, polar bear?” 

“I’m going to hurl this thing at you.” Gripping onto her blanket, Haekyung warned as she scowled.

“So you’re willing to share it with me?” Jungkook smiled, tugging on the fabric.

Haekyung shook her head at him. “As if. I rather keep it to myself.” Huddling closer to steal it from her, the boy grabbed the edge of the fabric, covering himself with it in comfort. Haekyung just groaned as she tugged it against his strength. “Give it back.”

“No.”

“Jungkook!”

“Yes, Haekyung?” He smirked, unable to recount how many times he managed to win over her witty challenges. Either way, it didn’t seem like it was going to happen anytime soon.

“Remind me next time to not let you in, moron.”

“Ouch. Can’t you learn to treat me with some affection?”

She laughed, curling her fists together in response. “Oh sure, I’ll show you some affection.”  

“Shut up guys. I can’t hear the background music!”

Waving his arms in the air, Namjoon put a finger to his lips as Jin turned the volume louder, clearly anticipating the scene that was playing. It didn’t really help the situation, since the other three boy’s condition only got worse by the minute. “I think I’m going to faint.” Yoongi admitted unconsciously, and Jimin just agreed, hugging the pillow extremely close to his body.

“Oh my god. Can this girl be any dumber? It’s right in front of you!”

Namjoon sighed, annoyed with the main character of the film. It was supposed to be an intense scene, but the lead actor was just too dense to catch on. “Relax, it’s only still the beginning.” Jin grinned. The other boy just smiled, shaking his head at his friend’s previous statement.

“Right. With a brain like that, she’s going to die in five minutes. I can guarantee it.”

Normally, the other guys would probably be laughing at Namjoon’s jokes.

But seeing the situation, that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon. Not when the guys were still busy shaking, afraid. Okay, maybe the only ones who weren’t affected were the three on the left. 

“I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight.” Sohee frowned lightly, her shoulders sinking.

Jungkook turned to her. “You’re overreacting, Sohee. Just take a look at Min Haekyung. She’s doing just fine.” Pointing a finger over to the girl beside him, he nudged her. Haekyung just ignored him, trying to focus with the other boys who didn’t utter a word.

“It’s okay, I’ll walk you home after this. Alright?” Taehyung whispered.

Sohee brightened up instantly. “Really?”

“Yeah. Loosen up, silly.” He smiled down at her, turning back to the movie shortly.

Hearing this, Jungkook grinned as he removed the pillow that was barricading the girl and him. He moved over a bit, till their arms were brushing. She didn’t even realize until a moment later. Haekyung glanced at him, grabbing another pillow by her side to distance herself. “Go away, Jeon Jungkook. Why do you always have to invade my personal space?” She asked sourly.

“What? I was only scared.” He complained.

“Says the one who was close to falling asleep just ten minutes ago.”

Jungkook just shrugged, changing the subject. Haekyung narrowed her eyes at him, alert.

“Should I just call you a grumpy ahjumma again?”

“No.”

“Or do you prefer my polar bear instead?” Jungkook smiled softly, enjoying his rounds of teasing.

“Stop with your stupid nicknames already. I have a name, you idiot!”

“Okay, ahjumma.”

She exhaled, tightening her fists to calm herself down. Then she looked up, glaring at him. “You’re so annoying, Jeon Jungkook. If you call me that one more time, I’m going to – “

“You two, stop it! I really can’t hear what the hell the girl’s going on about right -”

Namjoon leaned back on the couch without finishing, startled.

The focus on the television cut to a scary scene, with a horrible scream to ensue from it. However, the ghost wasn’t the only thing that was making unbearable noises, for the younger boys of the group including Sohee started to shriek and spaz, their screams mixed together.

Haekyung winced, one palm on her ear to block out the terrible sounds. And so did Jungkook.

Yeah, it sounded really horrible. Just saying.

“HOLY FREAKING JESUS CHRIST. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?!?!!”

Jumping up from their seats in shock, the three boys yelped, eyes wide before settling down. The older boys just laughed out loud, slapping their thighs at the younger one’s reactions. 

“Oh my god. Why is this thing so ugly?!” Jimin gasped, his eyes wide in fear.

“I know right?! Who the hell gave her that scar? It’s so freaking disturbing!” Hoseok shouted.

“, I hate you guys for dragging me into this.” Yoongi cried, helpless.

Taehyung couldn’t help but snicker, before he grinned at his friends. If only the girls at Kangnam High knew how easily afraid the other boys were. It really would be the joke of the year.

“That thing has a name, you know? It’s – “

“WE KNOW. SHUT UP ALREADY, JUNGKOOK!” The three boys chorused, scared.

“Okay, I was just clarifying.” Jungkook responded in defeat, laughing.

“You guys are the worst. Now, I won’t be able to sleep.” Sohee whined, cuddling her sweater close. Looking down at her, he just resisted the urge to chuckle. “You’re a big crybaby, Sohee.” 

“Am not!” The girl retorted.

“Yes, you are.” Taehyung smiled, not backing down from his statement.

“No – I’m – AHHHH!” Sohee blinked, joining the rounds of shouting shared among the other boys a second time around. Lowering down the volume, Jin grinned hard, not being able to contain himself any longer. Oh, just why were they watching such a movie in the first place?

Clearly, it was a terrible idea.

Haekyung chuckled quietly, her body slouching deeper onto the cushioned couch.

Even though she hadn’t really expect this event to happen at all with the boys, why did it feel like she was sort of enjoying it? Sure, in a way, Haekyung felt that she was somehow becoming closer to the group. Was it a bad thing though? She really couldn’t tell, despite her reluctance. The whole reason as to why she was centered in at school was because of her proximity with the boys. And it didn’t help that she was slowly starting to give in. Yeah, not one bit. Jungkook studied her bothered expression, not knowing how to bring it up.

“Don’t tell me you’re scared, Haekyung.”

“What? I’m not afraid at all.”

“Then what are you thinking about so intently?” He questioned, curious of what was on her mind.

Sensing the lack of a response, the boy gently poked her cheek.

“Perhaps, are you thinking of me? That’s really sweet of you.” Jungkook blurted teasingly, dodging Haekyung’s attempts on hitting him on the arm. She then huffed, giving up shortly.

“It’s nothing, okay? Why do you have to be so nosy?”

Judging from the kind of expression she was wearing, it didn’t really seem like it.

“Is that how you treat someone who cares about you?”

He gazed into her eyes and for a second, Haekyung just blinked, taking in his words. What.

But that thought soon parted from her brain as she lightly scoffed, feeling somewhat confused. Perhaps she just didn’t want to believe what he was saying. After all, this was the one and only Jeon Jungkook she had come to learn. The idiotic, stupid, annoying, and moronic guy who could so easily get under her skin within seconds. Why would he ever worry about her anyway?  

“Now are you going to start bluffing as well? Nice try, Jungkook.”

Haekyung carelessly shrugged him off, turning the other way to face the screen of the television. His lips curled upwards, noticing that her reaction to his words were to be expected. As much as the boy loved to tease and poke fun at her, Jungkook had meant what he said before. 

Even if this fact haven’t completely been acknowledged by him yet.

Why did it feel like she was hiding something from him? Even so, it wouldn’t be so bad if he knew what was bothering her. Suddenly, there was an unsettling feeling resting over him.

Jungkook sighed, leaning back.

You idiot. Who says that I don’t care about you?

 

 

 

---

“Here, I almost forgot.”

Swiping out a few sheets of paper, he handed it over to her. Haekyung looked over them, nonchalant about it. First of all, it’s just another assignment, so she’s fine with it. Secondly, regarding to the school trip, it honestly seemed like another sketchy plan to her.

At least it was probably way better than attending classes for a change.

“Okay, you can leave now.” She grasped his left arm, pushing him over to the front door.

“Wow. You’re really going to kick me out?”

“Do you see me barging into your house all the freaking time? No, right? Case closed, idiot.” Haekyung argued, her voice low. She tried suppressing her coughs, but it didn’t really help. “Well, I don’t really care. Come over anytime you want, ahjumma.” He grinned, not taking her seriously. He did notice her muffled coughs though, not knowing if that was the reason as to why she didn’t show up for class today.

Haekyung sighed, a hand over ,

“Hah. Why do I even bother trying to reason with you?”

Looking up from the ground, she felt a warm hand rest over her forehead, startling her.

“You’re sick, aren’t you?”

Not answering him, the girl brushed her hand over his, with the intention for him to pull away. However, he didn’t do so, but instead made a move to grab her hand in his instead. Haekyung looked at him inquiringly, not sure what he was attempting. …What are you doing, Jungkook?

“I guess you are, since you aren’t replying.”

Slipping her fingers away from his warmth, she just looked elsewhere.

“Why do you care?”

Her question caught him off guard, because he was waiting for her to retort like she normally would. He thought of it for a bit, his mind not giving him the answers he wanted. Actually, he didn’t know. Jungkook just felt that with a girl like her, she would eventually need someone by her side. Besides, they were both partners for the assignment anyway. It’s not like he doesn’t have a reason to be with her.

It’s only natural, somehow. Yeah.

“Because you’re stubborn, okay? Who else will be there to take care of an ahjumma like you?”

What the. Because I’m a stubborn ahjumma? Whatever, Jeon Jungkook.

“It’s official. I’m never going to ask you questions ever again.” Haekyung muttered dryly.

“Good.” Jungkook smiled.

She stared at him briefly, gesturing towards the door.

Everyone already left an hour after the movie finished. Well, at least when the boys were sure that Haekyung was indeed okay. But it wasn’t like she was going to tell them that she felt sick.

It wasn’t even a big deal.

“You don’t have to worry about anything, just go home and rest.” The girl mumbled.

Jungkook ignored her, walking to the coat rack to grab a random grey jacket. Throwing it around her shoulders, he zipped it carelessly before dragging her with him out the door. Haekyung yelped, confused. The minute she stumbled out, the cold air greeted her face.

“Hey. Where on earth are you taking me?!”

When they were on her driveway, he tightened his hold around her sleeve securely.

“Out.”  

“You’re supposed to go straight home, idiot.”

Jungkook glanced back at her, partially irritated. Really now, Haekyung?

Couldn’t she at least tell that he didn’t want to leave her there? By now, it was kind of obvious that the girl was constantly by herself. He never once saw anyone around, and didn’t know where her parents were anyway. He just never bothered to actually ask.

It didn’t mean he wasn’t curious though.

“I thought you were going to stop with the questions.” He reminded her.

Retracting her arm, she frowned before trying to get back in, only to blink when Jungkook held her back by the hood of her jacket. “Where do you think you’re going, huh?” He asked.

“Away from you, moron.”

Jungkook shook his head, pulling her with him.

“Walk me home, okay?”

“What?” Haekyung gaped, not knowing if he was being serious.

He smiled, “Didn’t you hear me?”

“I did hear you, stupid. I just don’t want to though.”

“Not even after all the times that I’ve accompanied you? Aww, I’m hurt.” Jungkook pouted.

After a while, Haekyung groaned.

She sighed when the boy wouldn’t stop bugging her. Facing him, Haekyung gave in, scowling. “Fine. You’re so childish, I swear.” Locking up the house, she walked ahead, her feet dragging on reluctantly. Happy with her reply, Jungkook chuckled, calling out to her.

“You’re going the wrong way, Min Haekyung.”  

She stopped, turning to see him point in the other direction. “Uh, I knew that.”

“Sure you did.” Jungkook teased.

 

 

 

---

“Wait here, I’ll be back.”

She quirked her brows, suspicious. “Are you ditching me? Because I’ll leave right now.”

“Do you want me to?” He laughed when she made faces at him.

“Just hurry up, you moron. I don’t have all day.”

“Even by night, you’re still grumpy as ever.” Shaking his head, Jungkook flicked her on the side of her head. Haekyung bit her lips, shifting over to try and hit him back, but he just moved away. 

“I just love how you always try to win, but never do.” Jungkook laughed, and she frowned. 

She crossed her arms, ignoring him. It was true, but she just didn’t want to admit it whatsoever. “If you don’t come back in…” Her eyes trailed to her wristwatch, calculating the time. “Ten minutes, consider me gone.” He lifted a brow at her demand.  Always the impatient one, huh?

“Oh, fine. No promises though.”

 

 

 

Waiting, she leaned her body against the back of the bench, crossing her arms to fight the cold away. A flicker of light caught her staring back at the street, piping her curiosity. This was a place near the boy’s neighbourhood, and she hadn’t really been around here before.

There were quite a lot of shops too.

Moments later, Jungkook never came back as initiated. She turned, not knowing where to look.

Okay. Where is that guy? It’s way past the minutes now.

Getting up, she strolled around the area, mentally scolding herself for not bringing her phone with her. Well, it was mostly Jungkook’s fault, seeing that he literally pulled her out all of a sudden. The only thing she managed to bring with her was her house keys and a wallet.

Haekyung wandered in and out of a few places, bored.

Until a certain place lured her in. She walked over to the counter where another guy worked, tapping the surface. “Excuse me, do you have a phone I could borrow?” She asked politely, her eyes scanning the place over. It was a large arcade, filled with people around her age.

“Yup, it’s over there. Just slide a coin in.” He pointed to the phone by the wall.

“Thanks.” She nodded, replying with a small smile. The call dialed for about eight minutes. When the line wouldn’t stop ringing, Haekyung grumbled, annoyed. Just as she was about to end the call in frustration, it went through.

He picked up, “Hello?”

She tapped her feet, “I’ve been waiting for twenty minutes. Care to explain where you are?”

“Just wait. I’m almost done. Be patient, okay?”

The girl sighed, gripping the phone in her hand. Man, he is terrible with managing his time.

What is he even doing?

“You never told me I had to wait. What happened with only having to walk you back?” Hearing a soft laugh on the other end, it didn’t seem like he could sense how annoyed she was. Haekyung groaned, glancing at her wrist watch again. Why am I even out here with that guy?

7:58 pm.

She was still debating on whether she should go to school tomorrow or not. Believing that her cold was gradually going to get better, she probably would. Missing one day was already going to be troublesome for her, knowing that there might be some work to catch up on.

“I’m assuming you’re not at the bench anymore.” He guessed.

“Obviously not. I would have frozen to death by now.” She replied sarcastically.

“Stop exaggerating.” Jungkook chuckled.

“Just come by the arcade when you’re done. I’m giving you exactly five minutes this time, idiot.”

“The arcade? Of all places, you just had to stay there?”

She lightly rolled her eyes, wondering what he even meant by that. As if, the mistake was hers. This boy was sure weird. It’s not like she was a child wandering around lost or something. “Really? How is that my fault?”   

“Hey, I never said it was. But shouldn’t you realize by now, that it’s probably not the safest place?”

Looking around, she blinked, not having the slightest idea as to what Jungkook was hinting. The place was only filled with teens, who were seemingly having a pretty good time. She sighed, tuning back to the conversation before ending the call.

The boy didn’t even get a chance to finish.

“What are you talking about? Just get your here, okay?” Haekyung huffed, annoyed.

Seriously, she was getting really tired of waiting.

Her feet let her down a vacant spot at the far end of the corner. Sliding a coin in, she started the game. Even at a moment like this, she was still completely bored. Soon, the group of people turned their attention to her, watching her fiddle with the control. Hey, it’s kind of fun.

Haekyung didn’t notice since she was immersed with what she was playing.

“Haha, you’re pretty good at this.”

“Is it your first time here?”

“Oh wow, she’s way better than you are hyung!”

“Finally, someone other than a dude who can actually kick for once.”

With the noises interrupting her, Haekyung shifted uneasily when her eyes met the people behind her, crowding through her space. Huh. Since when did they all gather around? She raised a brow, “Can I help you?” One boy looked down at her with a flirty smile, hovering his arm on the back of her chair. His actions only allowed the girl to cast him a suspicious look, withdrawing back in caution.

“No, just continue with what you’re doing. We like watching you play.”

“Yeah, don’t mind us.”

“You’re totally good at this game. Can you teach me too?” A younger boy asked innocently. With all eyes on her, Haekyung blinked, not knowing what to say. Why were they all paying attention to her anyways? She didn’t think she was exceptionally good at gaming or anything.

Seeing that she wasn’t going to reply, the boys frowned, disappointed with her silence.

Looking over at their faces, she sighed lightly.

Note to self, don’t come to an all boys’ arcade ever again. It’s freaking weird.

“…Uh. So you press this control over here, and it guides you to do this.” Haekyung explained.

The boy who asked her to teach him earlier grinned, sliding a chair next to hers as he nodded ever so frequently. Even though the girl felt a bit uneasy, she brushed the thought away. It’s not like these boys were harmful anyway. They were rather energetic and lively.

When she easily scored a point, everyone around her cheered loudly.

From the group, one of them was about to reach out and ruffle her hair out of eagerness when an arm blocked him from doing so. He froze, looking at the guy who had intervened.

“There you are.”

Hearing that voice, she turned, but not before lightly squealing when he put an arm around her shoulder, surprising her. The guys looked at the boy who held her close, blinking.

Haekyung mumbled, embarrassed. “Jungkook, let go.”

Jungkook only ignored the girl, pulling her in closer. Nope. He didn’t want to let go just yet.

“Adorable, isn’t she?”

He asked the boys who had blank looks on their faces.

“..U-Uh Yeah. She’s very cute!” They squeaked, feeling somewhat intimidated by Jungkook’s presence in a way, even though he wasn’t angry with them. It just felt kind of odd, regardless. Haekyung only stared at the boy next to her, who still had an arm around her. What the hell.

With the other’s gazes set on them, it was awkward.

One boy who took a liking towards Haekyung bounced forward, rubbing his neck sheepishly.

“Um. Hey, is he a friend of yours?”

Jungkook was just busy looking over the group of guys, inspecting them. When he had recalled that this arcade was filled with only guys, he never knew that his guess was actually correct. Strangely, he didn’t even know what he was doing

Because at this point, the boy just somewhat felt protective of the girl he secretly cared for.  

“Uh. He’s – “ Not finishing what she was about to say, he answered for her instead.

“Nah. She’s my girlfriend.” Jungkook cut her off.

What did he just say?!

Haekyung gaped at him in disbelief, wondering if he had slipped on his way here. Yeah, definitely. Either that, or the boy was just teasing her again with his stupid ways. But for what?

“Jeon Jungkook – “

Softly hovering a hand over her lips, he glanced at her playfully.

The boys around her all nodded in understanding, some sad, and some disappointed. Well, with a girl like her, they thought it would probably be too good to be true if she wasn’t taken. Jungkook ruffled her hair, looking down at her with a gentle smile. She just blinked at him.

“You’re done, right? Let’s go, polar bear.”

“Hey, wait. I didn’t even finish playing!” Haekyung whined when he literally dragged her out. The group of guys just stared at the two, stumped. “Whoa they have nicknames for each other?”

“Duh, they’re going out, aren’t they?”

“I really need to get myself a girlfriend.” One boy pouted, and his friends just laughed.

 

 

 

When they were both outside again, Haekyung turned to him, frowning at him in confusion.

“Okay. What was that for?”

“I don’t know. Revenge for hanging up on me earlier?” He shrugged, studying her reaction.

It was the best excuse at the moment, seeing how Jungkook probably wouldn’t ever admit that he only did that out of sudden instincts. Why did he even care so much about her anyways? Too bad he just didn’t know that the group of guys back at the arcade meant no harm though.

She scrunched her brows, “Oh, so pretending like we’re a couple is fun for you?”

He retorted, “Yeah, it is.”

“Not only are you stupid, but weird as well, huh?” Haekyung joked, irritated.

Jungkook shook his head, “Jeez, thanks.”

He was already used to her cold words anyway. But then catching a slight glimpse of her coloured cheeks, the boy wondered if she was shy about what happened before. He poked her cheek, “Are you just cold, or are you blushing?”

“Uh. Neither, moron. I’m this close to landing a punch on your face.”

He laughed, “Yeah, okay.”

She rolled her eyes, turning back around to face him, only to see him holding a white bag in one hand. He noticed her gaze, and reached into the bag to show her what he bought. Taking out a bottle of cough medicine and a set of pills, the boy handed it to her along with the rest of the bag. She blinked, surprised that he had been at the pharmacy nearby all this time.

Now she felt guilty for hanging up on him earlier. Why’d he have to be so secretive?

“No thank you?” Jungkook smiled.

“You really didn’t have to get me these… I can manage perfectly fine.” She whispered, not knowing how to show her appreciation in the slightest way. Haekyung looked up at him to see him tilt his head to the side, currently amused.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Because I’m waiting for you to say those words to me, polar bear.”

She looked away, coughing. Ugh, he was never going to give up on it, was he? This guy is so persistent. “Only if you stop addressing me by that ridiculous name.” Haekyung urged, smiling.

“Nah, I don’t want to.”

Her smile faded, and she frowned yet again.

“Well, then. I won’t say thank you.” She countered, not letting him have his way.

He blinked, “Really? You just said it though, idiot.”

Haekyung muttered in defeat, not believing that she had voiced her thoughts out loud. The boy just smirked, satisfied with her carelessness. When she sneezed, Jungkook glanced at what was dripping under her nose. Trying not to reach out to wipe it away for her, he looked elsewhere.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing.” Jungkook whistled, hiding his smile.

She frowned, “I really hate trying to get answers out of you, idiot.”

“Not as much as I hate how clueless you are.”

“At least I’m not annoying and stupid.” Haekyung retorted dryly.

“You always know the right words to say, huh?”

Ripping open a pack of flavoured candy, he stuffed it into . She slapped his hand away, glaring. “You really know how to get on my nerves, don’t you?” Haekyung muttered. When he laughed in response, she grabbed a handful of it as well. Ready to get back at him out of irritation, the boy just opened his mouth instead, easing her own movements.  She blinked, pulling her hand back the next second. 

“Thanks for feeding me, grumpy ahjumma.” He teased, patting her gently on her head. 

She rolled her eyes.

Haekyung used the bag to whack him on the arm, seeing that it was the only thing she was used to doing.

Jungkook faked a sob, chuckling. “You know that it doesn’t hurt me one bit, right?”  

“You’re impossible to deal with otherwise, idiot.”

“Oh, I’m so grateful.” He stated, sarcasm laced with his tone. He watched as Haekyung turned her back on him, mumbling. “..Thanks. Next time, you don’t have to bother looking out for me.” Hearing what she said, he was content.

“Who said that I was looking out for you?” Jungkook questioned.

“What..?” Haekyung raised a brow.

“If you’re sick, who else will be my partner for the rest of the semester?”

Honestly, the girl felt slightly disappointed. To know that he was simply doing this so that they could finish the assignment made her twitch her lips to the side, rather annoyed and confused. Nonetheless, she didn’t think much of it. Well, he did have a point. Sooner or later, they’d finish this assignment in two months, and part ways. Eventually, that was how it was going to happen in the future, right?

“Forget what I said, idiot.”

Not knowing that his reply somehow affected her, Jungkook only grinned, catching up to her.

 

 

 

---

Entering the passcode, he twisted the door open, and the girl turned around to leave.

“Min Haekyung.  Aren’t you forgetting something?”

She gazed at him for a small bit, giving him that usual blank face of hers. “No. I walked you back, what else do you want me to do, huh?” She asked, hoping that she could finally go home. He gestured her to come over. She glanced at him weirdly, when he spread both arms out.

“What now?”

Jungkook smiled, “Can I at least get a goodnight hug?”  

She looked at him as if he had grown another head. Haekyung answered dully, “No.”

“Give me one good reason why.”

Shaking her head to herself with a small laugh, she was beginning to doubt if he even knew her at all. He is definitely just messing with her again. Yeah. No doubt about it. “Because I hate you, stupid. Did you even have to ask?”

He cocked his head to one side, that mischievous smile showing. She only stared at him uneasily.

“Really? Cause if you tell me that one more time, I’m seriously going to hug you.”

Haekyung scoffed disbelievingly.

“Yeah, okay. As if that will stop me from reminding you for the rest of my life.”    

“You don’t take warnings well at all, do you?” He asked, leaning over the door. She then stopped laughing, looking straight into his eyes to signify that she meant it. “I really hate you, got it?”  

“I know you do.”

Jungkook grinned softly, inching forward. Haekyung blinked in surprise, not expecting him to do so. Completely flustered, she shoved him away, finally knowing that the boy wasn’t joking.

“What are you doing, idiot?!” Haekyung gasped, both hands on his chest.

But then noticing where her hands were placed, her eyes rounded, and she pulled away almost instantly. Though it was only the slightest contact, she still somehow grew embarrassed. Both his arms remained by his side. He wasn’t even close to embracing her, yet the girl freaked out so easily. Jungkook smiled tenderly, his eyes almost giving away everything he was feeling at this point.

She didn’t even notice though, seeing that the girl was always this clueless and dense about most things.

Haekyung, why are you so damn cute?

The next thing she knew, Jungkook burst out laughing at her reaction, his eyes twinkling in the most adorable way. “Hahaha! Did you really think I was going to do it, for real?”

She scowled, “I’m glad you didn’t.”

“Only because you keep pushing me away.”

The girl bit her lips, agitated.

“Yeah? Well, stop messing around, you ert.” Haekyung muttered, about to hit him again.

Before he could dodge it, another head popped up behind the boy, and she parted her view to him instead. The older male turned to her as well, his hand gripping on the door handle. “I agree. My brother’s a little erted, right? Well, goodnight to you too! Get back safety.”

Then the door shut closed.

Haekyung blinked, not knowing what just happened.

 

 

 

---

“Hyung, was that really necessary?” Jungkook made a face at his older brother.

The male only laughed, ignoring his question.

“You totally wanted a hug from her, didn’t you?” Jungseok smiled, locking the front door.

“No? I was just playing around.”

Noticing the smile that still lingered on the other boy’s lips, he gazed at his little brother skeptically. Yeah right, man. Since when was the last time I’ve seen you like this?

“Well. I’m expecting you to introduce me to her when you two officially date, okay?”

Jungseok only chuckled when Jungkook turned to give him a blank but slightly irritated expression. Haha. Can’t say that getting opportunities to tease your siblings aren’t fun, you know? He frowned, “Bro, you need to stop before you sound just like Dad.” The boy then headed up the stairs to avoid this conversation. He never thought of her that way, but it didn’t mean he didn’t like her either. 

The feelings were rather strange to begin with.

But it wasn’t in a romantic sort of way, right? Cause that would just be too weird.

“Hey kiddo. Had fun on your date?” Mr. Jeon chuckled, eyeing the boy who caught the knowing and proud look on the man’s face. He looked away, not knowing what to really say. With Haekyung? Hah. Date, my . In reply, he only softly grinned to himself at such thoughts.

“It’s not a date. Goodnight, Dad.”

Patting his father on the shoulder, Jungkook entered his room before lightly slamming the door.

Emerging from the first floor, Jungseok snickered, “Hey, Dad. Am I the only one who can tell that my little bro’s in some sort of denial?” Shaking his head, Mr. Jeon just chuckled heartily.

“Nah, you’re not the only one kid.”