Officially Confused

Teased

 

Officially Confused

 

Reaching her left hand into the freezer, the girl pulled out a familiar looking designed package in red, ready to retrieve her arm back before walking back up to the cash register. Dumping the popsicle stick on top of all the other junk that she’s collected just five minutes ago, the lady working behind the counter gaped, looking back up to meet her gaze. “Is that all, miss?” The female worker asked.

Darting her eyes from left to right, Haekyung blinked, almost forgetting.

“Nope. Just one more thing.”

Not noticing the worker’s stare of awe and amazement, the girl made her way over to the other section of the store, grabbing another pack of chips. After piling the last item on top of the rest, she pulled out her wallet, counting her set of coins. The lady chuckled, hovering over to whisper, “How lovely. You remind me of my two sons.” Looking up from what she was doing, the girl raised a brow, “Uh. I do?”

Shaking her head, the woman laughed softly, “Yup. Just like my boys. They love to eat.”

Realizing that she had maybe said a little too much, Haekyung had a rather nonchalant look on her face, so blank that one probably wouldn’t even be able to tell if she was breathing. Actually, it had been a long week, so it was natural for the girl to become a bit tired.

However, the woman behind the counter mistaken it as a form of negative reaction, possibly offended by what she had blurted out just a second ago. “Oh no. I meant, it’s a good thing. To know that kids don’t starve themselves these days, and are getting enough nutrition for their bodies.” The woman chuckled nervously. Glancing back at the female worker, the girl blinked.  

Huh?

Haekyung nodded, an uncertain smile tugging on her lips. Haha.

What was this lady even talking about? The girl had practically just hogged up the entire counter with junk food and soft drinks.

Yeah, like that’s nutritional.

Pocketing back her wallet, she then took hold of two large bags in her hands, turning her head back when the woman greeted her goodbye in a friendly manner. Well, looks like she was definitely coming back to this store. Yup. 

What a nice lady.

Stepping back outside, her best friend turned to her, grin faltering when she noticed Haekyung’s hands were currently occupied with two bags full of junk food. The boy next to her did the same. “Are you preparing for the army?!” Jaeho gasped.

Jaein lightly rolled her eyes, pinching her little brother on the cheek. He made a face at her.

“Oww!”

Haekyung only stifled a small chuckle to herself. 

Jaein then ignored the sulking boy, turning her head back towards the other girl, almost baffled. But it’s not like she wasn’t already used to it. 

Yeah. This was the usual Haekyung after all.

“Whoa. Are you seriously planning to eat all that by yourself? It’s only a short trip, Hae.”

Jaein was referring to the annual school trip announced just a week ago. Fortunately, it was ahead of time, so that gave Haekyung a short while to prepare herself for some real boredom. 

Last year, she even spent the entire time just watching movies on her computer, and snacking.

It was more like a break to her, rather than a “Trip.”

Shaking her head, the girl parted her lips to answer her best friend in a sarcastic manner. “Not just any short trip. Two days, one night.” Haekyung clarified, heading down the road while the two walked right beside her. Jaein laughed, linking her left arm with her friend’s.

Jaeho’s eyes rounded when he spotted an item, dipping one arm into the girl’s bag.

“Haekyung, you’ve got popsicle sticks?”

Looking down at the shorter boy, the older girl nodded, gesturing him to take one. Normally, Haekyung always made sure to keep all the delicacies to herself, knowing how she was used to only feeding herself around the house. But it wasn’t like sharing one piece was going to hurt. Yup.

Maybe not too much.

“Yeah. Go ahead and take one. You like these, right?”

Beaming, Jaeho bobbed his head up and down, a goofy grin plastered on his face while the boy peeled the plastic wrapper off of the Popsicle, lips hovered over on top. Deepening his grin at the taste, his older sister grabbed the boy by the neck, her arm around him as she huffed playfully. “Hey. How come you never treat me that nicely, huh?” Jaeho looked up at the girl, shifting away from her.

“It’s because you’re my sister? I don’t need to be nice to you.” He retorted, a sly grin showing.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jaein frowned, interrogating the boy.

Before the two siblings could possibly get into another small fight on the crowded streets, the other girl sighed softly, pulling the two apart, but not before a slight smile reached her lips.

Oh, why are you two even siblings?

Haekyung interrupted,

“It means you two dorks love each other, and will probably fight over nothing for the rest of your lives. There. Does that explanation satisfy the both of you?” Enlarging his eyes at the older girl’s words, Jaeho made a face as he turned the other way, pointing a finger at his sister.

“Ewww. I don’t love her!”

Laughing, Jaein shifted her attention to the boy as well, pinching him hard on the cheek again.

“Excuse me? I never said that I loved you either, Yoo Jaeho.”

Passengers who witnessed the two having a brawl kept their smiles and chuckles to themselves, carrying on with their own business as Haekyung watched the two blankly, shaking her head. “Seriously. You two fight more than anyone ever could.” Jaein tilted her head to one side with a silly smile, a certain thought occupying her mind. “Really? Not as much as you and Jungkook though.” Jaeho then arched a brow at his sister’s words, adding on with what the latter was saying. “True. You two going out or something?”

Haekyung paused in irritation, hearing the guy’s name.

She then gaped at the younger boy’s random question, “What?! Of course not.”

off the Popsicle, he just smiled mischievously, not believing a thing that the girl was trying to say. Even the boy himself could tell that the two had something going on. Yeah, even a fool could figure that out. Jaeho then snorted, a soft sigh escaping. Okay, seriously?

Are all girls this clueless or something?

“You are really dense, Haekyung. Isn’t it obvious that Jungkook hyung has a thing for you?”

Giggling, Jaein high fived the boy, who slapped her hand back.

“For once, I actually agree with you, kid.”

Eyeing the two blankly, Haekyung’s face scrunched tightly, confused.

“Yeah, you two need to stop making such ridiculous theories. Jungkook’s just an annoying brat that I’m paired up with for that stupid art assignment. If I fail, I’d have to retake it. Okay?”

“But he’s a brat that you like, right?” Jaeho snickered.

Haekyung stared at the younger boy, reaching her hand over to try and grab what he was eating.

“Hey. I want that back!”

Shaking his head at her request, Jaeho downed the entire Popsicle in his mouth, “Too late.”

“Now you know how I feel, huh?” Jaein nudged the other girl, chuckling quietly to herself as she observed her friend’s irritated expression. However, she didn’t know that it wasn’t directed at Jaeho, but rather at the thought of even coming close to liking that annoying boy. Yeah.

Jeon Jungkook.

What? Hell no. Like that will ever happen. Haekyung grimaced, shrugging it off.

“Seriously, there’s nothing going on between me and that royal moron!” She blurted, frustrated that no one would even listen to her. Probably due to the fact that the stupid guy kept claiming her as his polar bear publicly, practically embarrassing her just about anywhere she went.

Ugh, that freaking idiot. 

Jaeho shrugged to himself, arms locked around the back of his head before he laughed sarcastically. Meanwhile, Jaein sported a small smile, a finger to her lips while shaking her head, as if signalling her little brother to stop. Her best friend was still frowning deeply to herself.

Oh, fine. I’ll let you figure out this mess on your own, Haekyung noona.

“Hey, what do I know? I’m just a kid.”

 

 

 

---

With the loud music blaring from the system of the Digital alarm, her eyes pinched tightly closed, bothered with the fact that it wouldn’t stop. The thought of wanting to smash it to pieces parted from her mind, when her phone, including the doorbell of her home started buzzing and ringing, causing a heavy crease to form on her face, lips hitched downwards in irritation.

What was it with people constantly pressing on her damn doorbell?

Okay.

It better not be anyone but the mailman.

Reaching over to grab her phone by the drawer next to her bed, she blinked when it stopped buzzing. Great, well that one’s solved. Proceeding with shutting the alarm off, Haekyung hopped off her comfortable bed, slowly dragging herself down the front door, half-yawning.

Clicking the door open, her expression only got worst.

He looked up, gazing back at her somewhat brightly. Sadly, it didn’t ease her frown at all.

Yeah, not one bit.

“Hi.” Jungkook straightened up, both hands tucked underneath the pocket of his jeans.

Man, I should have known. This early in the morning too?

“Bye.” Haekyung grumbled almost instantly, trying to slam her door shut when he slid an arm in between, not allowing her to do so. She only grimaced, reluctant in spreading the door back open wide. He chuckled to himself, not knowing that she would be this grumpy.

“Are you always that mean to guests?”

“When were you ever considered as one?” Haekyung lightly rolled her eyes.

“Ouch.” Jungkook grinned, poking her head back.

She groaned at his playful attitude, knowing that the guy was never going to be serious with conversations, was he? Tapping her feet against the concrete floor, she glanced back at him accordingly, mind filled with only questions as to what he was even doing here at 8:00 am.

Rubbing a palm against one eye, she mumbled. “Why are you here? I’m tired.”

He arched a brow at her question.

“Seriously? You must either be pretending, or are you really just that clueless to begin with?”

She gawked slowly, “Huh?”

Proving his statement, Jungkook bent over, stretching an arm out to show her what time of the day it was. Not expecting Haekyung to actually gap at what she was seeing, he pulled his arm back, casually eyeing her clothes. “Did you forget that today’s the trip?” He questioned.  

Seeing that it wasn’t 8:00 am, but 1:00 pm, Haekyung zoned out, holding the urge to gasp.

Oh.

Was her stupid alarm playing tricks on her or what?!

Printed on the handout sheet, it clearly stated that the trip would commence at 10:00 am. So by now, it’s kind of obvious that she was really late. Haekyung gradually sighed, a hand on the tip of her head, dazed. She then turned her gaze forward, staring back at him blankly.

“Yeah, thanks for reminding me.”

With a glint of playfulness in his eyes, he casually stepped closer, his back leaning on the wall.

“So, can I get something in return for that, polar bear?”

She only scrutinized him, answering him in a sarcastic manner, “Haha. No. Now if you’ll kindly go away, maybe I wouldn’t still be stuck here.” Haekyung tried brushing him off, too tired to bother. Not knowing that the girl was actually grumpier than usual, the boy shrugged it off either way. He smiled lightly at her answer, retracting his arm from the door. “Okay then. I’ll be waiting right here.”

“Are you kidding me? Shouldn’t you be on the trip by now, instead of just standing here?”

“No? What fun would it be, if you’re not by my side?”

Haekyung made a face at him, and Jungkook just stared back at her innocently, unaffected.

Can I please smack you right now?

She mentally laughed, ignoring what he said. By now, Haekyung was already way too used to his stupid jokes. Distracted, her hand found its way up, trying to flatten out a part that was bothering her. On a side note, she didn’t really like her morning hair one bit. Yeah, not really.

Jungkook watched her, amused.

He slowly raised an arm, one palm on her hair to gently smoothen out a strand that was sticking out for her.

Not comfortable with what he was doing at all, she quickly swatted his hand away. But that was only due to slight surprise and nervousness. Somehow, she felt more conscious now. Yet, she wouldn’t admit it whatsoever. Why would she mind about what he thought of her in the first place? Coming up with an excuse, Haekyung stepped back, distancing herself as the boy stared at her.

“Stop that. You’re just making it worst!”

Out of instincts, he just chuckled, lightly curling a strand of hair behind her ear, leaning over to the girl’s ear to whisper in a nonchalant tone, “Why? Your hair’s already a mess.” Though he was right about that, Jungkook just stared at her knowingly while she tried to fix it.

She narrowed her eyes at him, “I don’t need you to tell me that, idiot!”

In response, he only flicked her on the head.

Knowing he had done that quite a lot of times now, Haekyung still never got used to it. Nope.

“When are you never not grumpy?” Jungkook looked over her shoulder, carelessly walking past her as he slid his shoes off by the doorway.

The girl sulked, rotating her head back. Oh great.

Seriously? Not again.

Haekyung blinked in disbelief, sight on the boy who was now in her house, his feet travelling over to the living room. She huffed, tossing a pillow his way. He then caught it, positioning it behind his back securely. Crossing his arms, Jungkook leaned his head down on the arm rest, relaxed. Trailing towards where he sat, she looked down at him expectantly, her mood dampening.

“Can you please get out?”

He turned to her with a slight pout, “No. It’s cold outside.”

She scoffed, “Does it look like I care?

“Yeah? You even brought me a pillow to sleep on. Thanks, polar bear.”

“That was meant for your face, idiot.”

Jungkook glanced up at her with a slight smile, lightly tugging her down with him on the couch. Due to the pull, Haekyung’s head landed softly against the boy’s chest, his left arm around her shoulder to catch her fall. Frozen for a quick second, he gazed down at her, casual about it.

“Really? Then can you be my pillow instead?”

Blinking once, it didn’t take another second before she bit her lips, roughly pulling away.

Haekyung shook her head, grabbing another pillow to smack him with it, face partially flushed at what he had just done a second ago. At this, Jungkook’s smile only widened, having a hard time trying to process the expression that the girl was flashing him. Was it his first time seeing it?

Either way, it was seriously pretty adorable.

“No!” She muttered, totally irritated yet embarrassed all at once.

 

 

 

---

Unluckily for her, the other bus towards the camp site had already left a while ago. So it wouldn’t be another half hour before the next one arrives, explaining why she had no choice but to wait. Besides, it’s not like she’s had lunch yet.

Poking the coloured straw into the hole of her drink, she looked up at him, and he did the same.

Haekyung sighed, “Seriously, you could have just gone without me.”

“And why would I do that?” Jungkook grinned, unaware of her sour mood. She only frowned.

“So that I’d have some freaking peace and quiet?”

“I was never loud though.”

“Yeah you – “ Stopping mid-sentence, the girl mentally rolled her eyes, not able to recall a time that the guy had actually been as loud as she was. But hey, it was only his fault, seeing how he could so easily bother her without even trying. The boy raised his brows at her lack of words.

“Well?”

“Just forget it.” She mumbled, looking elsewhere as soon as she couldn’t counter back.

He stifled a small smile to himself, and the girl just ignored him.

The drinks were way too good for her to put any more effort into pointless arguments, seeing that it had been the main cause for a good fifteen minutes of silence. It was quiet, yet comforting. Eventually, the boy in front turned his gaze back to her, close to finishing his own portion.

“Hey.” He called.

Looking back over at him, she arched a brow, annoyed. “What?”

“How about a small challenge? I don’t remember you ever beating me.” Jungkook teased.

“Do you always have to remind me?”

“Yeah, it’s funny.” He laughed. She glared at him, sipping on her drink in silence.

“So you’re chickening out? That’s fine too.” He shrugged.

She glanced back at him almost instantly, irritated by the fact that he had already assumed another countless victory, “No, when did I back out? Fine. You want a challenge? Bring it on.” Jungkook held back another laugh, shaking his head at her determination. Well, looks like that idea somewhat lifted her mood, even if it was only the slightest bit. To see her sulking most of the day wasn’t such a fancy sight either, if you’d ask him.

“Don’t complain when you lose though.”

“I won’t.”

“Loser has to pay for the drinks, and grant the winner one wish. Sounds good?” He offered.

“You’re on.” Haekyung smirked lightly, her competitive side taking over. Seriously, there’s just no way she’d lose to him. Not when a request was on the line. Seeing this, the boy cracked a smile.

Aren’t you getting confident a bit too soon, Haekyung?

“Be right back.”

The girl watched as the boy went back over to the cash register, ordering another set of drinks.

She blinked, wondering what he had in mind. When he was done, Jungkook trailed back towards their table at the corner of the store, dropping the tray of drinks on the table, startling her. “You see this?” Jungkook motioned with his hand. Haekyung eyed what he was pointing at, not believing that this was the challenge he was talking about. Whatever, the simpler, the better. Because if it were anything academic related, or worst, sports even, she’d surely lose again without a doubt. She leaned forward to reply, uncertain.

“…Yeah, what about it?”

“Last person to gulp it all down loses. Quite simple, right?” He explained.

“Seriously? That’s it?” Haekyung questioned skeptically, but was relaxed on winning either way.

The boy nodded, reaching over to grab two sets of straws before placing them in. It was honestly an easy task, but it wasn’t like there was anything else to do at a time and place like this. 

“Since I’m so nice, I’ll let you start first.”

“Wow, thanks. Guess you’re just setting yourself up for failure then.” Haekyung joked, carefree.

He ignored her sarcasm, gesturing her to start with a small smile.

She raised a curious brow, wondering what he was even planning. Not thinking much of it, Haekyung reached for her drink, eyes set on finishing it entirely. Just how hard could it be? Food was her speciality anyways. So it wasn’t like anything was holding her back from winning. Seconds within slurping on her drink, the boy casually uncapped his own, angling his head so that the liquid spill out accordingly all at once. He then slammed the empty cup on the counter.

Haekyung blinked, only halfway finished with hers. What the hell?!

She gaped, “You totally cheated!”

“What? No I didn’t.”

“Yeah, you did. How can you just freaking drink from the cup like that?!”

“Hey, nobody said that it wasn’t allowed.”

“Technically, you still cheated!” She defended, throwing her hands up in the air. People around them turned their heads to look at the loud pair. They stifled small chuckles to themselves. The two seemed like pair of kids who were fighting over who won over such a simple topic.

Food.

He snickered, “Nah. It’s called techniques. Learn from it, okay?”

Biting her lips in irritation, she shot him a look of disapproval, not knowing if he was being serious.

I am never challenging you again, idiot!

“Now you owe me one wish, polar bear.” Jungkook smiled, content with the situation. The girl sighed bitterly, mentally slapping herself for accepting such a ridiculous challenge in the first place. Of course, no matter what it was, Jeon Jungkook would always outsmart her. Yup.

How wonderfully nice.

Knowing she wasn’t that petty, Haekyung just groaned to herself, muttering under her breathe.

“Well, what do you want in return?”

Resting his head against the support of one palm in thought, he rummaged through his mind. Only to notice that he didn’t even really know what to ask of her just yet. “I’ll tell you once I figure out what I want.” He replied, his tone of voice slightly laced with delight.

Possible scenario of demands flitted across her mind, causing Haekyung to frown.

“It better not be something erted, you idiot.”

He smirked, “Thanks for the suggestion. How about that hug you never gave me then?”

She lowered her voice by a pitch, “Do you want to die?” Leaning forward, Jungkook spread his arms out, a playful grin plastered on. “Come here.” Haekyung threw his empty cup at him, avoiding his proximity while the boy let out a soft laugh.

“Get away from me, you moron!”

 

 

 

---

Arriving at the campsite two hours later, the girl groaned, tired from the freaking long bus ride. 

Yeah, normally two hours was nothing. But two whole hours next to a guy like Jungkook?

Think again.

She glanced at her wristwatch. 3:45 pm.

Trailing towards the path that led to the where majority of students resided in, Haekyung lowered an arm, dropping her lightly packed bag on the grass, exhaling afterwards. The afternoon sun was still up, brightly shining down on her. Plenty of students were scattered around, busy carrying out their own activities assigned by the leader of their clubs, while the whole purpose of the trip was to strengthen club relationships and activities within one another. How such an idea was implemented didn’t concern her much.

And with that being said, she was probably the only one who wasn’t really doing a single thing.

Not that she cared.

Plopping herself down on the soft grass, the girl perked up, looking around. Tents were set up almost everywhere, gathering around the entire area. Reaching an arm into her bag, Haekyung pulled out her pop-out tent, easy enough so that she could properly set it up on her own.

Perfect.

Laying down, she dumped all of the contents out of her bag, rolling to her side.

Climbing into the support of what she built,

She logged onto her laptop, ready to search for a good movie to watch. Occupied with her snacks, Haekyung nearly jumped when a voice called out for her from behind, briefly startling her. Placing his head through the opening, he scoffed. “Didn’t we just eat two hours ago?”

“What’s your point?” Haekyung retorted, trying to ignore him as she turned back around, carefree as her other hand worked around moving the pad of her laptop, scrolling down the page.

Jungkook teased, “You’re probably going to get fat, you know?”

“And If I do, why does it matter to you?”

The boy shook his head, grinning in amusement. He sat down beside her, observing what she was doing on the internet. Joining her, his hand reached into the bag that she was snacking on. Haekyung halted shortly, having the urge to scoot away. She then pulled her snacks back.

“Can you stop bothering me? I’m trying to watch a movie here.”

“Yeah, and I’m busy trying to keep you right next to me.” Jungkook scolded playfully.

“Go build your own tent, idiot!” The girl muttered.

“I forgot to bring mine.”

“Then go and borrow one from someone else. There’s barely any space here!” 

“Can’t we share?” He asked, as if the fact that he had literally forgotten to bring his own camping materials didn’t bother him at all, in contrary to the girl herself. Haekyung scowled.

“No, now get out of my tent!”

“Please?”

“No.”

“I’ll buy you more snacks.”

“No.”

“Polar bear.”

“Seriously.”

“Not even one night?”

“Jungkook!”

“Oh, fine.” He clicked his tongue in response, laughing softly at her reaction. Jeez, it was worth a try though. To be honest, he didn’t really think twice about going on this trip. So it would only be obvious if he didn’t include almost every single necessity on the way. Whatever.

It wasn’t like he’d be willing to share with anyone else but Haekyung anyways.

Too bad she was just too stubborn to comply.

Before he could take a step out of her tent, two heads popped in out of nowhere, catching the two’s attention in the process. The other male raised a brow, eyeing the two in the tent.

“Hey, where have you two been? You’re almost six hours late.”

Jungkook shrugged, pointing a finger over at the girl. “Ask her, she’s the one who overslept.”

“Well, no one told you wait for me!” Haekyung argued.

Chanhyun shook his head with a small grin, “Alright guys, it doesn’t matter. Here, take this.”

Handing over the two sheets of paper, Jungkook and Haekyung exchanged glances before looking back up, confused. “There’s a keyword imprinted on every page, designed so that you could maybe explore and experiment a bit, you know? Everyone here has already started on their own activities.” Sungho explained, hoping to ease the two’s knowledge. Chanhyun nodded.

The boy raised a brow, eyes set on his own sheet of paper.

Jungkook mentally scanned the contents of the page, a look of confusion and boredom mixed in.

Sensing that he didn’t know what to do with it at all, Sungho clarified it for him.

“Whatever the word is, and basically anything that comes to mind, just take a snapshot of it.”

On the other hand, Haekyung just read her own copy that spelled nature. Placing it back down beside her belongings, she turned back to the screen of her computer, unfazed with her task. The boys watched as the girl dipped an arm into the opened bag of chips, munching more down. Chanhyun eyed the president who had a surprised and stern look. Sungho keenly observed what she was doing, clearing his throat as if to catch her attention. However, it didn’t, resulting in the male having to voice out her name so that she’d look his way.

“Okay, don’t make me guess that you’re planning to stay in here all day.”

Lazily, Haekyung turned to the source of the voice, “But can’t I get started on this later?”

He arched a brow, his arms crossed as his leadership persona took over, and the girl could clearly see that. “No, you can’t. What’s the point of coming out here, if you’re just going to camp out in your own tent for hours?” Chanhyun agreed, an encouraging smile fleeting across.

“Yeah, why don’t you get some fresh air, Haekyung?”

Reluctant in clamping her laptop shut, the older male sent the girl another look, and she sighed.

But I don’t want fresh air.

Haekyung mentally groaned, her face buried on top of her now-closed computer.

Seeing her in this state, Jungkook chuckled quietly.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out that Haekyung surely hated camping, alongside boring tasks.

“Well, you two can work together or whatever. Call me if you need anything, alright? Take your time with this, and have fun. We’ll all meet back here at eight for dinner. See you guys then.” Sungho concluded, parting from the girl’s tent as he walked out shortly.

Following after his friend, Chanhyun waved at the two before greeting other students nearby.

The only ones left were him, and the girl who couldn’t even bother to lift a finger. Can’t blame her, since the boy himself didn’t really want to take part in this lame activity either. Jungkook listened boredly, waiting for any sort of movement from the girl.

None at all.

Knocking her softly on her head, he broke the silence, “How long do you plan to sulk there?”

Haekyung shook her head, “I’m fine with working alone.”

“Don’t want to work with me, huh?” Jungkook grinned, poking her on the sides of her head so that she would at least lift her head up. Because it felt like he was talking to no one in particular. Lifting an arm up in the air, she waved her hand as if signaling him to go. Glancing down at the girl who still had her head planted against the bottom of her tent, he shrugged lightly to himself. Whatever, he’d probably had plenty of time to catch her later anyways, seeing that the two were practically in the same club regardless.

However, it wouldn’t have meant that he wanted to be with her any less.

Crouching down, he flashed the girl a casual grin the second she turned the other way to face him, wondering why it was so quiet all of a sudden. Startled by their distance, she squeaked. 

As if speaking to her reaction with only his eyes, he had a rather nonchalant expression on.

Reaching a hand out to gently pinch her on the cheek before performing a soft pat on the tip of her head, he almost laughed when the girl stared at him in utter disbelief. Haekyung’s lips clearly parted open to protest, yet no words were actually coming out.

Not this time, maybe it just felt kind of… different somehow?

But still.

Was she some sort of a pet to him?!

Indeed, what a weird guy.

Honestly not knowing that half of his actions could now mean something almost entirely different than his usual teasing, it haven’t even once crossed her mind that the boy was showing it out of affection, though he was still clueless about it himself, but was on the way of grasping it.

“Suit yourself.”

He was rather quick to gather up on both feet, snickering lightly as he flicked her on the head before easily exiting her tent in one swift motion, causing the girl to blink at his figure.

Seeing how far he was from her, there’s no way she’d catch up.

“Jeon Jungkook!” Haekyung groaned out loud, annoyed that she couldn’t get back at him.

 

 

 

---

An hour later as planned, it seemed that she really had no choice than to stay in that one place for who knows how long, since her body started to ache from all that laying down. Breathing in the air around her, she sighed.

Okay, maybe it did feel pretty nice to be out here. Even though she was still a little bored.

Speaking of which, Haekyung hadn’t even spotted anyone she knew of yet.

The girl haven’t spoken to her best friend since the day before, but she made a mental note to spot her out from the crowd so that the two could still spend a little time together. Meanwhile the other girl, Sohee, was most likely quite busy herself with managing in assisting and giving a hand to a number of clubs happening around all at once with their own activities.

In addition, as far as she was concerned, she somehow managed to learn that the Bangtan boys had spread out into different groups, with some being in Sports as she heard from the other girls.

Yeah, girls in the entire school that liked to spread words around to one another.

Pretty freaky, huh?

Haekyung just didn’t hear the rest of it, seeing that it didn’t have anything to do with her anyways.

Sure, maybe between them and her, they were considered as more than acquaintances by now…? Though she was still hesitant of it all, knowing that she didn’t necessarily belong. Heck, just a month and a half ago, her only actual friend was Jaein.

Not that she wasn’t content in the first place.

She’s already grown used to those loud, outspoken, and dorky group of guys who keeps associating with her in one way or another. Mostly due to the fact that a certain boy kept bugging her occasionally, in and out of school. To say that she wasn’t opening up would be a lie.

And with the exception of that one boy,

He was obviously probably doing something else by now, while the girl occupied her time with freely analyzing the place around her. There were way too many trees blocking her view, that she couldn’t even count them anymore. Highly doubting that the president of the photography club would approve of a lame snapshot of a freaking plain tree, the girl hesitated briefly.

Well, nothing else was interesting anyways.

Might as well go ahead, right?

Hey, he did say to have fun, and experiment with things, for she was actually trying.

Though it was pretty crowded, with students roaming around here and there, Haekyung ignored all the commotion going around her, settling in deeper down the path with her sight trained ahead. Spotting a clearing up ahead, revealing a large soccer field, she trailed forward.

Arriving at the scene, the girl turned towards her right, a large lake capturing her sight.

Unsure of what to do, she sauntered over to a nearby bench.

To her surprise after walking up close enough to get a better view, it was actually empty. Having a hunch that the area she stood would be a better place, she shrugged the thought away.

Haekyung angled her camera higher up than before.

She zoomed in with care and precision, fixed on the landscape. Perhaps, maybe a little too close.

Because once she settled on taking a simple photo with the click of her finger, a single head that the girl seemed to have missed when fixating on the view have noticed her posture, turning his figure towards her in surprise. Tearing the camera away from her, Haekyung blinked.

Wait.

Staring back at the other boy down the other side of the field that sat on the opposing bench, he extended down, jogging towards her with a small smile that seemed to have stretched across his features. Waving at her in a friendly manner, she found herself gradually smiling back.

Probably because she was relieved that her boredom was going to be put aside.

Sort of.

But, it’s better than being alone, right?

When he reached her, he chuckled at her blank expression, trying to decipher if she was actually happy to run into him. “Sup, earth to Haekyung?” Taehyung teased, poking her on the arm. “Hey, I didn’t think you’d be here.” She looked up at him with that slight smile from before. He raised a brow at her words, amused. “Uh. Neither did I? Haekyung, this trip is mandatory, remember?” The boy spoke sarcastically, a quiet laugh lingering around as the girl shook her head in reply, almost dumbfounded.

But seemingly somewhat embarrassed at the same time. Obviously, she knew.

“Oh, you know what I meant, idiot.”

Lightly poking his arm back in an equal manner, her eyes flitted across the entire field that the both of them stood on, trying to imply that this was where she meant. He nodded with a chortle. “Haha, I know. I’m just playing with you.” Taehyung brightened up, nudging her arm with his elbow. He scooted over a bit to get a better look at the camera that hung around her neck.

“Let me guess, Photography?”

Haekyung glanced up at what she was staring down from, nodding. “Nice guess.”

“Well, can I get a look at that? I think you probably took a picture of me just now.” The boy shifted a bit closer, when the girl carefully handed him her camera, clueless that she actually did get a shot of him just five minutes ago. His eyes rounded once he found the correct picture.

During the moment, when the boy had accidentally been a part of the shot, it was an awkward positioning of his head that made his facial features look much freakier once he’s seen it himself. 

More like a really weird, and silly version if you’d ask him.

He stared at it for a while, not really pleased with it. Normally, the boy looked good in photos.

Yeah, just not in this one.

“Hey, can I delete this one?” Taehyung blurted out without a second thought, causing the girl beside him to take a look at what he was referring to, only to shake her head, no.

The boy complained, a slight pout forming. “Why? I look so weird!”

“It doesn’t matter, Taehyung. I just took it for the landscape. Photography, remember?” Haekyung lifted her camera in the air, waving it about as if to remind him. In a second, the Digital camera that the girl had been holding with both hands was quickly swiped out of her hold.

She blinked in surprise, glancing at the culprit.

Taehyung glanced at her mischievously, grinning as he sat straight up, escaping with the object he easily wore around his neck as he made his way down the field, focusing on the camera itself.

“Delete button, delete.” He voiced out loud, and the girl’s eyes widened, trailing after him.

“Hey, don’t freaking delete that. It’s the best shot I’ve got so far!”

Haekyung shouted, a frown displaying as she ran a hand up to the throat of her neck. Ugh. To make matters worse, she was the certainly worst runner out of the bunch.  From down the field, the boy still kept a rather large distance between them. She huffed, calling out to him.

“Wait, what are you doing?”

“Oh, there it is.” His hands proceeded with hovering over the delete button, satisfied.

Just a second before she could reach him, the boy had already succeeded in erasing it. Behind him stood a half-exhausted girl, who had slightly ajar at what he had just said. “Okay, give it back.” Haekyung gestured towards the camera. Placing the object back into her hands, Taehyung ruffled the girl’s hair while trying to look innocent. The second she went back to check up on the photo, it was nowhere to be found. Wait a second…

“Um, where’s the photo we just saw a few minutes ago?” She questioned.

The boy tried to hold back his voice from the look of confusion that spread across her face.

He simply answered, “I deleted it.”

Haekyung gasped, glanced at the camera, then back up at him with another frown.

“You - What?!”

From the change of expression on her face, it gave him the signal to run, for he couldn’t help himself from laughing out loud while he sped off into the distance. He wanted to deny how rather than his efforts in trying to restrain his laugh, another part of him thought that her outburst was really cute, though most people who’d be having a fit would usually be the complete opposite.

Just then, Haekyung actually ran after him. 

Not such a great idea, since it seemed like she was getting nowhere close to where he stood. 

The boy looked over his shoulder, chuckling at her reaction as she called out his name, out of breathe. 

“Catch me if you can.”

Strangely, Haekyung felt that the same thing had literally just happened twice in a row, now.

Oh. Just greaaaat. Haha, not really though.

Cause both situations as to how they both treated her just seems to confused the hell out of her, knowing that the two were so naturally playful around the girl. Haekyung huffed, still running.

“Kim Taehyung!”