Photography Club

Teased

 

Photography Club

 

Crossing her legs on the sofa, she brought her personal laptop over her lap, switching the device on. Getting access to her school’s main homepage, the girl then proceeded with selecting the menu, to which she finally found an updated list of all the currently available clubs.

Ugh, it wasn’t like Haekyung was thrilled or anything, to view it during her spare time.

Yeah, more like she had no choice and was forced into it.

The headmaster really needs to stop creating such rules. Apparently, every student at Kangnam High now needs to join and participate in at least one club to meet graduation requirements.

Wow. What’s the point of all this?

It just so happened that the girl was one of those non-active kind of students, who couldn’t care less about such social events. No matter what, she still had to graduate somehow. Yup.

Haekyung thought that it would eventually be an issue, knowing that she hasn’t shown the slightest initiative towards any extra curriculums offered by her school. No, the real problem was that the girl had absolutely no idea which club would pull her through the rest of the semester, without taking up too much of her time. It just had to be something of mild interest to her.

That way, attending those meetings won’t end up boring her to death.

Well, maybe it’d be a good idea to actually ask someone about this. But who?

Perhaps, Sohee. 

Heck, she was the organizer of so many events, that many students couldn’t even keep count anymore. The girl just naturally loved to contribute, even if it ended up tiring her out.

People still appreciated her work and effort in helping out regardless. That was just who she was.

By now, Haekyung can safely conclude that the two are becoming closer than when they had just first met. It felt nice to have someone who understood her, other than Jaein. Scrolling her mouse through the massive list, her eyes glared at the screen. Are you serious?

Just how many clubs are there?! The list was at least twenty pages long.

What the heck.

There was just no way she’d bother looking through it all. Casually scanning over the words printed on the first few pages, the girl ignored quite a lot of them displayed, ones that didn’t deem suitable or wasn’t interesting enough for her to actually consider upon. Honestly, her only goal was to just choose something simple, which didn’t require too much commitment and time. It wasn’t that she was lazy, Haekyung had always been the one who needed some freedom, rather than tough restrictions on what and what-not to do.

In other words, a place that wouldn’t burden her much trouble.

Seconds later, Haekyung blinked, her eyes glued to the last sentence inked in fine black print.

 

Creative Arts.

Music and Performance.

Sports Training.

Literature and Writer’s Craft.

Social Science

The News Committee.

Photography.

 

Before catching a clear glimpse of the category listed at the bottom, she winced at a couple of these club’s names.

Oh god, never would she ever consider joining Sports, Music, or even… Arts.

Thank you but no, definitely not Art.

Not after having such damn luck of being paired up with that idiot for an entire semester.

Haekyung stared at the words Photography, not knowing if she had mixed feelings about it or not. First of all, it was probably way better than anything else she’s already seen that was listed. Secondly, how hard could it be? Her mind only formulated such simplicity.

Photography, huh?

Easy. All you need is an actual camera, and a few clicks before you’re done. In that case, this would be the most appropriate category for her. Haha. I am so going to get this over with, and graduate. Thank god she actually owned a Digital camera though.

Or else, she’d have to end up joining another club that would put her in a miserable state.

Closing the link, Haekyung hovered her mouse over another link that redirected her towards the submission forms. Her brows raised at one of the rules posted.

Really? Is this even necessary?

*Important Notice: After selecting your club of choice, please fill out the submission online. Once students fill up spaces for their respective clubs, second entries to reconsider are not permitted. 

 

Not thinking much of it, Haekyung just proceeded with her form.

Why would she bother joining another club anyways? Photography was perfect. At least the girl would probably have a chance of having an easier time, in actually participating. Keying in her response to the last required field, Haekyung tapped the submit button. Stretching both her arms back behind her, she let out a yawn, glancing over at the clock on the wall. 5:30 pm. 

Her attention parted back to the screen of her laptop, when a message came.

Jaein: Hey, Haekyung. Are you by any chance done with your form?

Palming her hand over the keyboard, the girl replied to her best friend’s question on the instant messaging application. She only used it to sometimes chat, but rarely though.

Haekyung: Yeah. Photography, what about you?

Jaein: Whoa, you’ve chosen already? That’s quick. Anyways, I’m still not sure.

Maybe the Sports Training club? I heard Jin was joining that so… yeah. I’m so weird, right? D:

Haekyung: Ugh, Sports..? I thought you were considering on joining mine. That way, at least we’d be together. But hey, you should just go for it, considering Kim Seokjin’s going to be there.

And no, you’re not weird. LOL.

Jaein: Haha, thanks~  But aww, I’m sorry. Should I just switch it to Photography instead?

Haekyung: Nah. Just go for Sports, Jaein. I’ll be fine. 

Jaein: Are you sure? I mean, I could always just join the club next year. I don’t mind spending some time with you. Even though I probably wouldn’t see Jin much if I do… but yeah. xD

Smiling at her friend’s quick reply out of hesitation, Haekyung sighed softly.

Who was she to stop her friend, if that kind of club interested her? Plus, the guy she likes just so happens to be in it too. Oh, Jaein. Shouldn’t you be a little less obvious though?

Haekyung: Uh. I don’t want to get in the way of your relationship with that guy. It’d be weird.

Just go and have fun, okay? :)

Jaein: H-Hey! We’re not in that sort of relationship! ; - ; But okay, if you say so. I’ll give it a shot.

Haekyung: Hah, okay. I’ll see you tomorrow then.

Jaein: Oh wait. Someone wants to talk to you. Yeah, please don’t kill me. ^-^

Love you, Hae. Bye!

Blinking in confusion, Haekyung laughed, wondering what Jaein was apologizing for.

She stopped when a new message board popped up her screen, an entirely new room. Haekyung only stared at that username, not knowing how to react. How the hell did he even get her email?

Oh, wait.

Jaein totally passed it onto him, didn’t she?!

 

Jungkook: Hey there, polar bear.

Haekyung: You will never stop calling me that, will you? -___-

Jungkook: Nope, it suits you perfectly well. You’re just too adorable for me to handle. (:

Haekyung: Shut up, idiot. What are you even rambling on about? 

Jungkook: Really? I just called you cute. Do you need me to repeat myself or what? :P

Haekyung: ….No, don’t. I saw it the first time already, stupid.

Jungkook: And did it make your heart flutter?

Haekyung: What?! Not even close.

Jungkook: Pft, you’re so mean to me. D:

Haekyung: Yeah? Well stop being so annoying. Maybe then, I’ll be nice.

Jungkook: Haha, no. I’ll stop, when you stop.

Haekyung: Ugh, I can’t stand having normal conversations with you, moron!

(5:56 pm. Haekyung has left the chat).

 

 

 

---

In the middle of watching a funny video, Haekyung mentally groaned when another chat invaded her computer screen, cutting off a large portion of her video. Checking her contacts list, his name was still there in bright green. But then her eyes started widening, when her friend’s list began to pile up out of nowhere. Wait, why were random people adding her?!  

Jungkook: Did you really have to do that? I wasn’t even finished.

Haekyung: Okay. What do you want?! I’m in the middle of something. Make it quick.

Jungkook: Have you decided which club to join?

Haekyung: Yes, now leave me alone.

Jungkook: Haha, which club though? Tell me.

Haekyung: Do I look stupid to you? I’d never tell you anything. You’ll just annoy me.

Jungkook: Can’t I just be with my polar bear? D:

Haekyung: Oh my god. Was that all you had to ask me? I’m leaving, you moron.

(6:30 pm. Haekyung has left the chat).

 

It wasn’t even until a couple minutes later when she got pulled into another damn chat box. The girl glared at the screen, irritated that she couldn’t even spend her leisure time on the computer.

She is never using instant messaging again.

Haekyung: I swear, if you add me to this chat one more time, I’m going to delete you!

Jungkook: Uh. That wasn’t me.

Taehyung: Haha. Hey. Did Jungkook make you angry again?

Yoongi: Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy guys!! Oh my god, my internet’s finally working!!

Hoseok: Finally, I’ve been waiting for you to come online dude! Are you coming to game room?

Jimin: Wait, I thought you said only we were going to play together!

Hoseok: Not when you weren’t even online!

Haekyung: How are all of you on my contact’s list?! Don’t tell me Jaein told you too.

Taehyung: No, Jungkook did. :D

Jimin:  Yeah. He told us to add you!! Don’t get angry at me, Haekyung. o-o

Hoseok: Are you guys coming or not?! Game starts in five minutes. Hurryyyy.

Haekyung: Jeon Jungkook, I hate you. Stop spreading my email everywhere! It’s called privacy.

Jungkook: Hey, Jaein was the one who told me.

Haekyung: What did you do to her? I bet you threatened my friend into telling you. -__-

Jungkook: No, I just asked nicely. Jeez, must you blame me for everything?

Haekyung: Yes. In fact, I do.

Taehyung: How is it that you two can still fight, when we’re only on the internet? Haha.

Namjoon: Isn’t it clear? They obviously have something going on. >:D

Haekyung: What?! No we don’t.

Jungkook: Yeah, she’s just shy. Ain’t I right about that, polar bear?

Haekyung: Can I please burn your computer down, moron?

Jungkook: Lmao. No, you can’t. My computer’s precious. Just like you. <3

Taehyung: Smooth, bro. Lol.

Haekyung: ….I’ll pretend that I didn’t just see that.

Namjoon: I knew it, man. God, I’m getting out of here before I turn into goo. Bye people.

(6:45 pm. Namjoon has left the chat).

Hoseok: Uh, yeah. This is kind of awkward. So… I’m gonna go. I CAN’T MULTITASK.

Dude, you two are on the wrong server! Oh my god.

Jimin: YOU SAID CHANNEL ONE, HYUNG. I WAS WAITING FOR YOU.

Yoongi: Wait, what?! I was here in channel eight the whole time. Why didn’t you tell me?!

Hoseok: I did tell you guys. Ten times, too. Just come okay?!

(6:48 pm. Hoseok has left the chat).

(6:50 pm. Jimin & Yoongi has left the chat).

Taehyung: Eh. Why is it only just the three of us now? So lonely. ):

Jungkook: She’s busy ignoring me again. How mean.

Taehyung: Maybe she’s just away or something. Yo, earth to Haekyung. Hello? ~

Jungkook: See? I told you. :P

Haekyung: At least someone realizes that I am actually busy. Thanks, Taehyung.

Taehyung: Haha. No problem?

Jungkook: By the way, you still haven’t answered my question yet.

Haekyung: What question? -.-

Jungkook: Uh. The name of the club that you’re joining?

Haekyung: I told you, that I’m never going to tell you! Stop bothering me already, jerk.

Taehyung: Aww, you won’t tell me either? I’m curious though. D:

Jungkook: Tae, she ain’t telling you, if my polar bear won’t even let me know.

Haekyung: That’s right. I’m glad you’ve got it through that thick head of yours, Jungkook.

I’m leaving now, idiot. Bye, Taehyung.

(7:08 pm. Haekyung has logged off).

Taehyung: Wow, she just totally ditched us. This is no fun, man.

Jungkook: Yeah, she can’t stand having normal conversations with me, apparently. Pft.

Taehyung: Haha. Maybe that’s cause you always ?

Jungkook: Lol. How can I not? She’s just so adorable. Don’t you think so too?

Taehyung: Uh, yeah sure? Haekyung’s pretty cute, I guess.

Jungkook: Hey, my brother needs to use the computer. Gotta go.

Taehyung: Alright. See you later, Jungkook.

Jungkook: Laters, man.

(7:20 pm. Jungkook has logged off).

 

 

 

---

Dusting the faint particles that blocked the lens of the device, Haekyung dabbed her Digital camera clean. Discovering that she hasn’t even used it for the past five years had already been a shocker. Heck, if she was going to use it, a little cleaning was definitely necessary.

Placing it into her bag, the girl then headed over to the kitchen.

Her eyes trailed to the clock placed next to the fridge. 7:38 am. Pouring herself a cup of apple juice, Haekyung prepared herself some extra lunch, just in case her stomach gives out later on. Haekyung’s hands worked with creating a simple sandwich, consisting of ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and a bit of honey spread. Taking a small bite out of it, her lips curved upwards.

But just a few moments later, Haekyung felt her heart almost drop.

Not because it didn’t taste good. Not because she was having a bad day, or was frustrated, but because it reminded her of something that wasn’t meant to invade her mind once more.

Her mother.

The girl’s mother used to always make the same dish, and Haekyung eventually came to love it. But now? She wasn’t too sure anymore... Maybe, it didn’t even matter anymore. For her, it was only a comfort food now. No meaning at all.

Shrugging the thought away, the girl shook her head, a soft sigh escaping her lips.

After clearing everything away, she slipped into her shoes, one hand to secure her shoulder strapped bag while clicking the door open, ready to head over to school. Turning around to lock up her home, Haekyung didn’t even notice that there was someone who had been waiting at the staircase, headphones in his ears as he enjoyed the melody of the song that was playing.

Not being able to express what she felt, the boy’s face lit up, but not before he lightly chuckled. 

Even so early in the morning, how is it that this girl could still make him smile so effortlessly? Looking up from the ground as she attempted on skipping down the set of stairs, her brows scrunched at the figure standing in front of her, already beginning to feel annoyed. Oh, great.

“What are you doing here, moron?” Haekyung frowned.

He took a step over, his height falling slightly shorter, as the boy stood just two steps below her. Extending an arm out, the tip of his fingers found its way over to discard the small amount of honey cream on the edge of her lips, staining it without her even knowing.

She blinked, not knowing what he was doing.

“Good morning, polar bear.” Jungkook grinned, pinching her hard on the cheek to bring her back.

Haekyung made a face at him, using the back of her palm to try and remove what was supposedly on her lips just before, only to find nothing there. The boy only shook his head, amused.

“Stop that! It hurts. Oh, and would you stop touching me? Thanks.”

Brushing him off with an irritated scowl, she softly pushed past him, trying to avoid his proximity.

Yeah, it’s still way too early in the morning. No way did the girl want to deal with this boy. Ugh. Jungkook chuckled, sighing as he walked after the girl from a few meters away. “You haven’t even heard my answer yet, grumpy one.” Walking beside her, he raised an inquiring brow at her, to which she sighed, momentarily staring back at him. “I bet you’re here just to annoy me again, huh? I don’t even have to ask.”

He shrugged cutely, “Maybe?”

“Ugh.” Haekyung groaned, rolling her eyes at him.

“Actually, no. I just wanted to walk my polar bear to school. Is it so bad?”  Jungkook smirked.

Looking at him as if he was joking, she stuck her tongue at him. “No thank you.”

“Do you always have to continuously break my heart?” He joked, nudging her, as his left arm collided with hers. Slightly losing her balance on the sidewalk, her feet stumbled.

“Since when were we ever intimate enough for you to act this way, idiot?”

The girl lightly glared at him, but the boy only smiled at her words. Oh, just what was it with this guy? Could he really not tell that at some point of time, she actually felt annoyed? Yeah.

Probably not.

“Ever since I claimed you as my polar bear.”

Knocking her softly on the head, Jungkook walked beside her, his feet dragging him backwards as he copied what she did to him earlier. Haekyung stared at the boy who stuck his tongue at her.

“Okay. I swear, you’re getting grosser by the day, Jeon Jungkook.”

“You like me that way though, right?” He smiled.

“Eww, no. It’s completely disturbing and irritating. Happy with my answer, idiot?”

Haekyung plastered a tiny smile at the corner of her lips, her hand reaching out to flick him on the head. Jungkook blinked, as she retracted her hand back to her side, with her walking on without him. Haekyung. Don’t you know just how adorable you are? He stifled a small grin.

“Yeah okay. I’ll take that as a yes, seeing that idiotic smile on your face just now.”

She turned to him blankly, “What smile? Stop being delusional.”

Bursting out in a soft laugh, he couldn’t help but sigh at her cluelessness. Was she really denying something without even knowing, or was it only because the girl felt solely embarrassed?

“You need to come with me to the doctors one day, Min Haekyung.”

Haekyung scoffed, confused. “Uh. Why?”  

Pointing to the sides of his head, he did a circling motion with his hand, as if making fun of the girl. “I don’t know. To get your memory checked?” Jungkook stated sarcastically. She huffed, lifting an arm as her hand curled into a tight fist,

“Nah, how about I just knock some sense into your brain for you instead? Free of charge.”

Jungkook chuckled, poking her head back with his finger. Of course, a boy like him wouldn’t even bother believing such words. He wouldn’t mind even if she did hit him. Not like it hurts anyway.

“Aww really? Thanks.” Shifting closer to her, he urged her to go on.

“Oh my god. I really can’t stand you, stupid!”

Feeling her hand loosen up in irritation, Haekyung pushed him away, jogging off down the road.

The boy teased, “Why can’t I get enough of you though?”

Sensing that he was catching up with her from behind, a couple seconds passed by just like that, as Jungkook brushed past her, creating a rather wide distance between the two of them. “I hate you so much.” Haekyung muttered under her breathe, envious of his ability to outrun her every single time. Just why did he always win over her in almost everything? Yeah. Not fair. Jungkook smiled softly, “Ouch. I heard that.”

Narrowing her eyes at him, she dashed forward to match his pace, completely irritated.

“Really? You were supposed to, moron!”

 

 

 

---

The halls seemed to be busier than usual, with students roaming freely just about anywhere.

People were either busy discussing about which club they chose to occupy their semesters with, gossiping of their schoolmates and friends, or just simply hanging around. 

However, only one girl had something else on her mind.

Her eyes scanned the classrooms as she walked past each one. Most of them were already occupied, seeing that club meeting sessions have already begun. Today was the first day, actually. Taking the stairs up till the third floor, Haekyung glanced around, a little lost.

But her doubts were cleared away, as a certain room caught her attention.

Strolling over, she stood by the door, peeking her head in to check if it was the correct room that she was looking for. To her surprise, there were quite a lot of people in this club. Eh. Had Photography always been that popular…? To make it worst, she was one of the only few girls in it as well. Well, . Her observation was cut short when a voice called out to her. 

One of the guys from the room greeted her, although in a slightly confused way.

“Hey. You’re in this club, right? If so, how long do you plan to stand there?” He questioned.

Haekyung blinked, diverting her attention to him.

“Uh. I think so? Sorry, I was just checking to see if it’s the right place.” She answered calmly.

Lightly smiling, he gestured her to come in. “Why are you apologizing? Welcome to the club.”

Turning to examine the nametag stitched to the blazer of his uniform, the girl studied his name. Song Chanhyun. Though she was never the one to really bother with who she socializes with, Haekyung had a feeling that getting along with a guy like him wouldn’t be too much trouble.

Not that she had the goal of befriending him, but more so of the idea to not tick anyone off while she was in this club.

Heck, it would really if the girl were to get kicked out.

Setting her bag down on the desk by the middle of the room, Haekyung pulled the chair out, occupying the seat. She looked around once more, seeing that the people around her were still busy doing their own things, chattering loudly and what not, with some even showing off their cameras to each other. Meanwhile, the boy Chanhyun was taking his time to neatly stack the pile of papers that he’s planning to distribute once the meeting actually begins.

Five minutes later, another guy rushed in, catching his breath in time.

Everyone turned to him briefly, while Haekyung was slow to react, not knowing what his position in this club was. The people in the room greeted him, and he returned the gesture confidently. She didn’t even know how to respond, since she practically didn’t know anyone here.

Leaning her cheek against her palm, her eyes were glued to the clock.

Wow, it hasn’t even been ten minutes, and she was already beginning to feel bored. Oh. This wasn’t a good sign at all.

Nope.

“Alright, guys. Just in case some of you don’t know me, I’ll introduce myself. I’m the president of the Photography club, and you see this buddy here?” Pointing to the boy next to him, everyone turned their attention to the other guy, nodding in response, while Haekyung only yawned. The president of the club gave the girl a look of disapproval. She just blinked at him.

Jeez. No yawning allowed, I’m assuming?

“Song Chanhyun here, is the vice president that manages this club along with me since the start of freshman year. Although some past students have already left, every newcomer we receive are highly appreciated. Just have fun and relax, alright? This club wasn’t made to stress you out. You can maybe even learn a thing or two from it.” The male continued.

Everyone clapped after he was done his short introduction, before one person raised her hand.

“..Um, prez. You still haven’t told us your name yet?” One girl asked curiously.

The rest followed along, chuckling at her question, seeing that the boy actually didn’t even get to the part of what his name was. His eyes widened, clearing his throat in slight embarrassment. “Oh right. You can all address me by Yoon Sungho. Whatever you like. Just nothing too awkward, weird, or embarrassing, alright?” Sungho joked, and the members laughed, nodding their heads. Tuning in to the introduction session, Haekyung was glad that the people here actually wasn’t all that bad, even if she hadn’t gotten the chance to interact with her fellow members yet. Passing by her row at the middle, Chanhyun passed a copy of the handout to the girl.

She thanked him, and the boy smiled down at her in a friendly manner as he passed around the remaining bundle.

Everything went by quite smoothly, knowing that all she had to do was pay attention.

It wasn’t like she had any ideas on how to contribute just yet.

Haekyung was still absolutely clueless about Photography. Owning a camera didn’t mean anything either. So, maybe learning a thing or two like Sungho had suggested could be helpful. She busied herself with listening intently to what Sungho was discussing as of the moment.

However, her eyes immediately fled to the door, having the urge to hang open wide at the appearance of another member, who apparently was pretty late for the meeting.

, no.

“Yo, did I make it in time? Sorry about that.” He spoke nonchalantly. 

Both Sungho and Chanhyun turned to him, blinking in silence. Heck, they weren’t expecting a guy like him at this school to join this club. At least not when there were a bunch of other options.

“Yes, you’re late. But since it’s the only first meeting, don’t sweat about it.” Sungho assured.

The boy nodded, following the hand movements of Chanhyun gesturing him over towards the middle-back of the room, so that he could take a seat. Landing his gaze on her after a quick glance of all the students in the room, an adorable smile threatened to fall over him. Well, what do you know? Guess the boy’s luck was really on point today. Turning to him as well, she blinked.

Haekyung blanked out, not believing her own luck.

Just, wow.

How does she even end up being paired up with him for almost every single thing?! How cruel. He bit his lips with a slight grin, walking over to sit by her side, to which the girl just gaped, wanting to glare at him for even being in the very same club room at all. Oh god, no. Did he actually choose this club as well?! At the back of her mind, her thoughts drifted back to the important notice she read the day before. 

Crap, there’s no way she could switch out of it now. Haekyung sulked, annoyed again. 

“Aren’t you going to greet me, Min Haekyung?” He laughed, oblivious of her state.

She angled her head to scrutinize him, “Are you stalking me, right now?!”

The boy scoffed lightly, shaking his head at her random accusation of him. Funny, but no.

“No? What makes you think I would do that?”

Haekyung just bit her lips in irritation, “Jeez. I don’t know. Probably to personally annoy me?”

Jungkook laughed again, “Nah. I have a life, okay?”

She rolled her eyes at his comment, not knowing how to retort back. Sure you do, moron.

He didn’t even know the girl was actually in the club he initially chose. It’s just funny how she was so quick to conclude such a thing. Nonetheless, learning that she chose Photography as well made it all the better. A hundred times, actually.

Having her by his side was definitely going to be fun.

For him, that was.

While on the other hand, the girl was still busy mentally cursing in her mind, not knowing if this was even real. Oh wow, so now aside from the Art assignment, she’s going to have to see him outside of regular class as well?! Okay. Well, that just . Haekyung groaned to herself.

Jungkook gently poked her cheek, smiling down at her.

“Aww. I didn’t know you’d be this happy to see me. Thanks, polar bear.” He teased, amused.

Scooting her chair over the other side, she scowled. “Who says that I’m happy at all?” 

He coughed, “Me.”

She laughed sarcastically. “I’m not happy.”

The boy inched his chair closer to her side, flashing her his usual grin. “Then I’ll make you happy.”

Haekyung blinked, not knowing what he was trying to pull this time.  

“Really?” She asked skeptically.

He smiled, “Really.”

“Then go away, stupid. You’re practically hogging up all my personal space!”

Haekyung huffed at him, not wanting to hide in the damn corner of her desk without sitting uncomfortably. Ugh. Jungkook snickered at her request, knowing fully well that she’d ask for it.

He leaned his back over the chair, grinning softly. “No.”

Turning back to him, she kicked the leg of his chair in irritation, using both her hands to scoot him away. But it barely did anything, seeing that the boy had put all his weight on the damn chair. Noticing the commotion going on at the middle-back of the entire room, everyone including the president turned their attention to the fighting pair that was too busy arguing with one another.

“You two back there. Is there a problem?” Sungho spoke up from the front.

Haekyung blinked, feeling baffled all of a sudden, as everyone’s eyes were glued to her and the boy beside her. Jungkook was still nonchalant about it, a small smile hanging on his lips.

She quickly answered, “Uh, no. There’s nothing going on.”

Right after she said that, Jungkook cut in with another answer to replace what she just implied.

“Actually, there is a problem.”

Haekyung then peered at him, wondering what he even meant by that. Oh, looks like you finally realize how annoying you are, huh? Perfect. Might as well tell everyone while you’re at it.

Sungho raised a brow, urging his fellow member to go on. “Well okay. What’s wrong?”

Everyone else in the room including Chanhyun blinked at the two, anticipating what the boy was about to say. Even few of the girls paid close attention, their eyes set on him. Heck, Jeon Jungkook was still one of the most popular students at Kangnam High. It’d be strange if they didn’t pay attention to him. All but one, who couldn’t even bother to spare another glance at him.

Min Haekyung.

“Yeah, my polar bear’s upset that we’re not going to be partnered up for club activities,”

Jungkook blurted innocently, a playful grin forming.

“Uh. Who are you calling your polar bear though?” Chanhyun blinked, confused.

Pointing at the girl beside him, he wanted to chuckle at her baffled expression. was hanging open in complete embarrassment, eyes ready to bore a hole through his stupid head. Haekyung gaped, “I’m your what?!”

Even though Jungkook’s always annoyingly addressed her by that name, it’s never to the point that he actually mentioned it in public. .

This was totally too embarrassing for her.

How the heck was everyone going to respond to that?

“Haha. Is that your only concern, Jungkook? If that’s so, I’ll make sure the two of you can constantly work alongside one another then. Don’t worry.” The president chuckled. Haekyung’s eyes widened, and the girl could of sworn that she was about to choke on her spit.

No. What?! Paired up with him, again?

The club members chuckled lightly to themselves, not knowing that Jungkook and Haekyung was a couple. Well, not until recently, that was. There were quite a lot of rumours spreading around.

Looks like it was true, huh?

“Thanks, man. That’d be great.” Jungkook smiled, relaxed.

Ugh. You totally did this on purpose, didn’t you?!

Wanting to literally fume out of irritation, Haekyung stood up from her chair, standing before him as she frowned. “You moron. Who are you calling your polar bear?!” Grabbing him by his tie, she pulled him up by the neck with one hand. The boy burst out laughing, his eyes crinkling.

The few girls giggled at the scene, even though Haekyung was mad.

They were just too amused with the two. “Aww, I wish I had a boyfriend as well.” One girl whispered in a hushed tone over to her friend beside her. The other girl smiled, patting her arm.

Meanwhile, the boys just whispered and snickered to themselves, thinking it was funny how the minute up till Haekyung had been in the room before Jungkook’s arrival, she was extremely calm.

Now, the girl was practically fuming. What a real surprise there.

Reaching an arm out to grab her left hand, Jungkook looked up at her with a lop-sided smile.

“You.”

Haekyung instantly pulled her hand away, frowning deeply. “Shut up, Jungkook!”

The people in the room, excluding the president smiled and laughed at the two’s relationship.

Sungho just blinked, not expecting such a scene to happen.

Heck, he was just in the middle of talking about what club activities were to be expected. The boy was quite a stern achiever. Maybe that’s why the role of being a president suited him so well. Yeah, no kidding. Sensing the strange stares that everyone has been giving her, Haekyung turned her head frantically, at a loss for words. Oh my god. Was Jeon Jungkook trying to drive her insane?!

Because it’s actually working.

“..Okay. You guys, it’s not what it looks like. There’s really nothing going on between us!”

Haekyung clarified desperately, hoping that people would stop their eye-teasing smiles and chuckles. . At this rate, everyone was really going to start thinking that they were dating. “Aww, don’t be shy. It’s totally fine if you two want to work together.” One girl voiced out.

Another boy added,

“Yeah. We’ll just work with someone else. There’s enough people here anyways.”

Jungkook nodded, shrugging his shoulders casually as he turned back to Haekyung. She had a look of disbelief cross her face when no one seemed to believe her. What the hell?! How could they possibly think that – She’d even go out with a guy like Jeon Jungkook? Ugh!

“By the way, we’re not dating.” He clicked his tongue.

Everyone blinked, confused. “...Wait, you guys aren’t? Then why’d you call her that?”

Haekyung mentally face palmed herself, sighing in extreme relief that they weren’t as dumb as she had initially thought.

There’s just no way something like that would ever happen. Yeah.

Never, with a capital N.

“Cause I felt like it?” Jungkook laughed.

A loud cough then sounded in the room, signalling that he wanted attention.

Sungho raised a brow at the two, and Chanhyun just shook his head with a small grin. Oh boy.

“You two couple will be paired up. There, no problems, right? Okay good. That’s done.” The president curtly finished, hoping that he could finally carry on with what he was going to say. Haekyung spaced out, hoping her hearing wasn’t failing her right now.

Are you kidding me?!

Seeing that Sungho was being serious, she lowered herself back to her seat, turning to the boy on her left in annoyance. “Why the hell did you do that, idiot?” Haekyung muttered quietly.

Not wanting to get in trouble with the president, she had no choice but to whisper.

Jungkook cast her a soft smile, catching her off guard.

“Uh. Because I rather be paired up with you, out of everyone else here?”

“Why me?!” She hissed.

Knowing that he only shrugged at her question with a nonchalant smile to , Haekyung glared at him in frustration, reaching over to grab her water bottle before hitting him with it.

“Oww, polar bear!” Jungkook complained, his voice loud.

“Whoa, there. No violence!” Chanhyun panicked, eyes wide.

Haekyung huffed, not stopping as she continued to hit the irritating boy in front of her. Jungkook laughed to himself, grabbing hold of her wrists to stop her. However, their little play was interrupted when a loud voice boomed.

It startled every living soul in the room.

“YOU TWO CAN CONTINUE YOUR LOVE QUARRELS ELSEWHERE. JUST PLEASE LET ME FINISH BEFORE THIS DAY ENDS, ALRIGHT?! THANK YOU.” Sungho practically yelled into everyone’s ears.

Yup, this is precisely what happens when Yoon Sungho gets interrupted.

Multiple times at that too.

Haekyung and Jungkook stopped what they were doing, eyes wide as they blinked at the guy.

, was this president scary.