Jungkook, The Brat

Teased

 

Jungkook, The Brat

 

"Hey. Those are off limits!” She shouted, hurrying over to block the fridge, but it was too late.

The boys with their mouths full looked her way, eyes wide before bursting out into joyous smiles and laughter. They chewed thoughtfully on their delicious cookies, raising their thumbs up, in approval of the taste. “This is so good! Where do you get them?” Jimin questioned happily, totally unaware of the girl mentally fuming. Grabbing another one from the package, Hoseok downed it while Namjoon sipped the can of cherry soda. The latter grinned at her, feeling refreshed. 

Crap, no. Not my cherry soda too!

Haekyung frowned, feeling even gloomier than before. Did they really just eat her last box of delicacies, and empty out her fridge?! Who knew the arrival of four more boys could cause such destruction in her kitchen. Seriously.

There was almost no food left. Great. Oh, the joy.

“Opps...” Yoongi smiled cheekily, sharing his piece of half-bitten cookie with her.

She winced, feeling irritated.

“Uh. It’s okay. Keep it.” Haekyung muttered lowly, trying to hide her disappointment. His smile deepened, before plopping the other piece in his mouth, “Thaaanks. This tastes amazing. You should totally buy more!” The boy laughed, heading back into the living room to join the others.

Right. Of course it’s good, why else would you dorks be stuffing your faces with it?

Haekyung rolled her eyes, focusing her sight to the boy in front of her. He was casually biting off of the sweets, grinning at the television. Sighing, she stomped back over to her respective seat, crossing her arms in defeat. “Where’s the rest of the box? Don’t tell me it’s empty.” Jungkook feigned innocence, eyes widening in surprise. “No, it’s totally not empty. Not a single damn piece is missing.” Words laced with sarcasm, Haekyung groaned inwardly.

Okay. To be honest, it was somewhat the girl’s fault for being generous, into letting Sohee and her “friends” stay.

She was barely capable of holding in her frustrations, due to the idiotic boy poking fun at her once in a while. Not to mention, the other group of boys were such silly goofballs, as well. The second the others arrived, Namjoon and Hoseok immediately rushed over to the kitchen, looking for some water to drink. But no, that guy just had to in and introduce her secret stash of goods. Ugh, curse you, Jeon Jungkook. “Thanks. I blame you, idiot. Now all my food’s been mugged.”

Shaking his head in pure amusement, a gentle chuckle escaped from his lips.

“You’re welcome. It’s my pleasure to help clear some junk away for you. Those cupboards look like they were about to explode,” Retorting back, Jungkook shifted his attention back to what he was eating, and smiled to himself. Haekyung inhaled, to suppress her level of patience.

Oh, really? Because I think that I’m this close to exploding. 

“How nice of you, blockhead.” Huffing, the girl headed back to the kitchen to clean the mess.

Gosh, these boys can be so bratty at times. Sohee thought with a small smile, scolding the boys before lightly whacking each of them on the head. “Stop eating, and go help Haekyung before I do it myself, you little dorks.” Everyone then shifted their gaze towards Jungkook, causing the boy to roll his eyes. “Right, I was just planning to do that.” Jungkook said, making his way across.

“Suuure you were.” Yoongi and Jimin chorused, causing the others to snicker loudly.

 

 

 

Haekyung sighed, picking at the plastic wrappers on the countertop.

“Oh, don’t be so mad. It’s just food.” Jungkook appeared beside the girl, who was busily ignoring him without a care. He clicked his tongue, reaching out to clear the trash for her at a faster pace.

Yeah, and you’re just an idiot.

The boy studied the girl’s expression. She remained silent, distracted by her own thoughts. Poking her on the arm, she turned to glare at him. “What now, Jeon Jungkook?” Walking over to the garbage bin, Haekyung tossed out the remaining junk. He bit his lips, a small smile forming. Never had the boy met someone who could so easily sulk over the loss of food. Really? How peculiar, but cute at the same time. Just what am I going to do with you, chubby ahjumma? 

“Would you stop sulking? It doesn’t suit you.” He expressed, frowning playfully at her.

Haekyung blew on her bangs, arching her brows in question.

“Fine, you royal moron. Should I even ask what appearance, best suits me then?”

Jungkook took a second to process that nickname, before resuming with a soft laugh. 

Hah, royal moron? Just be thankful that you’re the only one who’s allowed to call me that.

The latter considered her question for a second, casually wondering about it. Jungkook shrugged nonchalantly, parting his lips to speak. He was so going to regret saying this, for he was never the one to be smooth with words. But at least a part of it was true, right?

Haekyung stared at him, mentally prepared to receive another witty remark.

“…When you smile. Okay? Now cheer up, and give me that trash bag.” Jungkook shifted forward to grab it from her, his eyes twinkling in amusement at her flustered reaction. Haekyung blinked, feeling slightly surprised at his unexpected answer. Now that she had personally thought about it, the occasion of her wearing that expression didn’t occur much. It just became an unknown habit. But, really, what’s up with this guy all of a sudden? The girl coughed, focusing her sight elsewhere.

“Is that supposed to be a compliment?”

“I don’t know. I guess? It depends on how well you interpret it.” Jungkook held back the urge to literally chuckle, when he saw how lost and confused she was. 

“Thanks. I feel so much better now,” She stated with sarcasm, yet her heart insisted otherwise. 

Haekyung’s lips etched into an uncertain formation, not sure of what her mind was encouraging her to do. When she caught onto the boy’s curious gaze, the girl quickly turned around, feeling agitated all of a sudden. What the heck am I even doing?  She thought to herself, shrugging it off. Jungkook sighed softly, amused at how unexpected it was, to see that small curl forming upwards halfway.

Was the girl just about to smile at him? What a nice attempt. Oh, Haekyung.         

“Actually, I take it back. Nothing really suits you at all. Just stick to being grumpy, okay?” Snickering, Jungkook watched her flick him an irritated look. Welcome back, jerkface.

“Sure. Just take out the trash, you moron.”

 

 

 

 ---

With both hands tucked securely into the pockets of her denim jacket, she studied the color of the graying clouds, setting above the foggy horizon. It was already late afternoon, yet the rain didn’t seize to entirely stop, only to halt at a slower rate per drip. Walking down the street leading to the nearby convenient store, Haekyung sighed, wondering how in the world she was so damn lucky to be attached to him wherever she went. No, seriously.

It felt like she had stepped on some non-removable gum, which was impossible to scrub off. Point proven? Great.

After the movie ended, the boys decided that going out was apparently going to be the best idea. Honestly, she did too. It was only natural to try getting a breath of fresh air after putting up with such goofballs. Obviously, it’d be really chaotic if the entire group moved around together, considering how many people there was. Splitting into separate groups was decided with a game of rock paper scissors, a game that Haekyung had officially hated now. Seriously, out of all the scenarios the girl had used rock, just why did it have to bounce back on her this time?! Damn boys, and their freaking papers. Yup, losing to Jeon Jungkook really .

Haekyung just didn’t know how long she’d have to be around him, to get used to his presence. Not any time soon, probably. Yeah. Most likely, considering how irritating and rude he can get.

After all, the boy only abruptly entered her life for a mere span of time.

 

Arriving at the store, the girl grabbed whatever was in sight, practically throwing any kind of junk foods she could possibly indulge herself with. Raising his brows, Jungkook broke out into a smile. He eyed her basket, feeling the weight of it. 

Seriously, just how much can this girl eat?

“Do I have a valid reason to call you a chubby ahjumma, now?” He snickered.

She rolled her eyes at him, preparing to argue back.

“Go ahead, it just gives me all the more reason to address you as a moron. Good. Now everyone’s happy.” Haekyung shrugged him off with a blank stare that shouts "I don't give a crap." before venturing further into the store. The girl was starting to get used to his annoying ways of him playing and goofing around with her. Two can play at that game, Jeon Jungkook.

“Your words always amaze me, you know that? Hurtful. Yet, I don’t feel a thing.”

“Right back at you, moron.” She shouted across the store, eyes glued to the products on the sides.

Responding with a light huff of amusement, Jungkook laughed before walking over to the counter. After a moment, he slid the wallet back into the pocket of his jeans, before stepping out of the convenience store to wait for however long the girl was going to take. Meanwhile, Haekyung was still totally clueless about his whereabouts. 

She was too caught up to notice anyways.

When she started setting her items onto the counter, the register lady stopped her, causing the girl to arch her brows in suspicion. The woman smiled, shaking her head at the confused girl while loading the boxes into two separate bags. Huh. “What do you mean I don’t have to pay? It’s free?” Haekyung questioned, reaching out to retrieve the bags with uncertainty. 

“That handsome, nice boy who was here with you just a while ago had already paid for you.”

What? Handsome. Nice. Sorry, but come again? It doesn’t really blend. 

“Uh, ahjumma, I think you’re mistaken. I’m pretty sure no one would pay, especially not him.”

The woman chuckled, observing the surprised expression scattered across Haekyung’s face. “Oh, I’m positive that it wasn’t a mistake. It was the boy in the grey hoodie who came by, and said that he’ll take care of it, before walking out. I saw you talking to him earlier, too.”  The girl blinked, feeling baffled when the worker handed her the leftover change from whatever he had paid from before. Her eyes scanned around the store, gaze lingering towards the entrance.

Are you serious?

“He would make such a wonderful boyfriend. Totally cute and charming.” Sighing dreamily, another teenage female worker appeared behind the older lady, preparing to start her next shift. Feeling her eyes twitch in disbelief at her words, Haekyung mentally laughed at that thought.

Say what. Jeon Jungkook, boyfriend material? That was totally a capital “N” to the “O”, Positive. 

I'll bet a hundred bucks that if he did, the unlucky girl would've already slapped him across the face for being such an obnoxious guy. Haha.

Haekyung bit her lips with a small smile, imagining the boy suffering. 

“Oh, I’m sure he would. Yup...” Faking a careless smile, the girl greeted them goodbye, turning on her heels to leave. Speaking of which, where did heck did Jeon Jungkook even go?

Did that guy really just do me a favour? Boy, was this the weirdest day or what.

Haekyung was so going have to pay him back, and hand the boy back his set of change. Okay, it was partially that idiot’s fault as to why she was here for more food in the first place, but never had she expected him to pay her back. The girl didn’t feel that it was necessary, since it wasn’t even that big of a deal. Really, what’s with this royal moron, suddenly being all nice and stuff? Sliding the door open, Haekyung stood rooted at her spot, while searching for him. 

When her eyes landed on him at the corner of the store, her gaze started to soften at what she was noticing. 

What in the world.

 

 

 

Leaning against the brick wall, the boy was casually checking his phone for a few incoming messages when he felt something soft nudge at the bottom of his feet. Looking down, his eyes warmed at the sight of the wet dog that stood by his side. It whimpered, wagging its tail.

Looks like it belongs to someone.

His sight explored about, wondering if the owner of the adorable dog was close by. The boy sighed, when he was met with the almost empty street, aside from the exceptions of a couple people strolling around, carrying on with their own businesses. Jungkook crouched down, extending his hands out to ruffle the puppy’s fur. 

He smiled tenderly, when it the palm of his hand.

“So your name is Mint, huh?” Studying the collar around its neck, the boy chuckled softly when the puppy perked up happily at the mention of its’ own name. Taking off his scarf, he gently wrapped it around the dog’s small body. Mint barked, closely nudging by the warmth of his hand as it snuggled in closer. “You’re cute.” Jungkook patted Mint on the head, plastering a lopsided grin. His attention diverted when a loud voice sounded from just down the street.

“Mint!”

Grasping for a puff of air, the girl ran across the street towards her dog.

“There you are! My god, I was worried sick! Promise me you’ll never do-“ Her breathe hitched when she looked up at the figure standing next to Mint. She instantly blushed, lowering the volume of her voice. Her eyes quickly scanned the handsome boy up and down. Oh my god. Were all older high school boys this freaking attractive? If so, then she dreaded attending her current school. Gosh, he's so adorable! Mint, you are one lucky dog. Haha. The boy quirked a brow, eyeing her awkwardly since the girl practically said nothing, up till their eyes met.

Okay. Weird.
 
“Thank you so much, for taking care of him.” The junior high girl spoke shyly, reaching out to pick up her pet off the ground, cradling it into the safety of her arms. She eyed the scarf around Mint's neck and smiled sweetly at the boy. 
 
Jungkook gazed at her nonchalantly; totally oblivious of the girl’s stare of adoration. The boy was already used to all the attention anyways. Thanks to those countless number of bothersome girls at school. 
 
Was it something that he really enjoyed receiving? Not in the least bit. It was pretty irritating, in his opinion.
 
He was just somewhat relieved that she was the owner of the dog.  
 
“You’re welcome,” He said with a nod of his head, lifting one arm up to wave Mint goodbye before turning around to leave. Her eyes dreamily followed the boy, who tilted his designer grey cap to the side, leaning back over the wall.
 
“Bye, Oppa.” The girl giggled, waving at the boy cutely before heading back home.
 
 
 
 
 
---

Jungkook was about to check up on his phone again, when his gaze travelled over to the other girl on the other side, who was staring at him in surprise. Haekyung blinked and coughed, quickly diverting her sight away, only to walk on ahead without him. Seeing that side of the boy just now had seriously caught her off guard, knowing how he always manages to let that irritatingly cold personality out on the surface. And what was he doing, trying to hit on that girl? Wow. Seriously, she looked like she was only in junior high. 

It doesn't even matter anyway, since Haekyung didn't really care. 

Jeon Jungkook is probably forever going to be imprinted in her mind, as the irritating jerk that he is known for. Yup. But, Haekyung was beginning to doubt if there was actually more to this idiot, than she would have guessed. Whatever, anyone in his situation would have been just as warm, right?

Yeah.

Dogs are too cute to resist anyways.

 

Jungkook blinked back, smirking lightly to himself before casually jogging up to her.

"What's up with you? Let me guess, being all grumpy again, huh?" The boy called out to her from behind.

Haekyung answered, her back facing him,

"Nah, it's uncomfortable to watch you flirt with random girls. I'll pass." 

Since when was the boy flirting with anyone? Hah, this girl is so greatly dense to misunderstand him. Jungkook whistled, nearing her distance, "Is Min Haekyung being jealous right now? How cute of her." 

Haekyung almost snorted out loud. 

"Do you need to get your head checked, Jeon Jungkook? Let's go to the hospital right now." Haekyung snickered to herself, mentally rolling her eyes at his idiotic statement. Like that's ever going to happen, you moron. 

He laughed loudly, doubling his pace to catch up to her. "It's okay, I'm all yours."

"Can you just shut up? You're acting gross." 

Tugging back the sleeves of her clothes, he pulled her towards his side. Haekyung flinched, throwing him a puzzled look. She stared at him in silence, feeling slightly confused. Jungkook sighed, shaking his head at her clueless expression. “Are you that idiotic to walk on ahead without an umbrella? You’re getting soaked.” Flashing the girl an annoyed gaze, he released his grip on the cuff of her jacket. Huh. Since when? Walking along with him, her eyes lifted from the ground. 
 
Oh, right.
 
She was so preoccupied with trying to avoid Jungkook after he had caught her looking his way. It was seriously too weird and uncomfortable to stay and watch that guy display such foreign expressions. Did the boy even know how charming he could appeal to be, when he softens up like that? Unknowingly, that gentle side of him had slightly tugged at the chords of her heart when she witnessed it. How can the boy be so sweet, and such an irritating jerk at the same time? I will never understand you, Jeon Jungkook. Ever.
 
Okay, I seriously need to stop thinking about him and his annoyingly cute smile-
 
Crap. Wait, that didn’t come out right, at all. Heck, no. Ugh, I really need to get more sleep. My mind's not set at all.
 
Haekyung shuddered to get that image out, rotating her head towards him, only to find him staring down at her. 
 
Gazing into her eyes, he wondered what the girl was thinking about, seeing how quiet she was all of a sudden. Shrugging, Jungkook shifted the umbrella in his hand further more to the left. 
 
“Yeah, I’m an idiot. So what? At least I’m not a moron,”
 
Haekyung stuck her tongue at him, looking away. But really, deep down, the girl was just trying to suppress the urge to bite back a tiny smile from forming, when her sight lingered over to the boy’s hand by her side. He was casually holding an umbrella above her head since Haekyung's hands were both full with carrying the bags back home. Jungkook grinned at her playful attitude.
 
“Oh, fine. I’m your royal moron. I got it, you grumpy idiot.” He teased, shaking his head at her.
 
Reaching into one of the bags, the boy grabbed the box of cookies before popping one in his mouth. He bit into it, only to raise his brows in amusement when he heard a weird noise erupt. Haekyung mentally face palmed, wondering why her stomach had to stupidly growl.
 
The boy laughed, nudging her arm with his elbow. “You could have just said so, if you wanted some.” Jungkook chuckled, extending an arm out to feed her one. Haekyung rolled her eyes, staring back at him with bewilderment. Just what was this boy up to now? It soon turned into embarrassment when a couple of passengers eyed the two on the streets.
 
“The heck are you doing, Jungkook?”            
 
“What does it look like I’m doing?” Jungkook imitated her voice, rolling his eyes at her.
 
“Thank you very much, but I’d rather eat it on my own, moron.”
 
“But your hands are full, genius.” He retorted, laughing at the girl who couldn’t whack him on the head, since she picked out too much food to carry back home. Oh, how convenient. “Stop being so annoying. I’m not hungry, okay?” Haekyung stated, trying to flick him off when he shook his head, poking the girl’s lips with the cookie repeatedly.
 
Haekyung blinked, frowning at him.
 
“Bite it.” The boy let out a soft whisper, his voice turning huskier than he had planned for it to sound. Jungkook smiled softly at her, tempting her to do so. Caught up in the moment, Haekyung almost grew red at his weird behaviour. He was never going to stop annoying her, until she took a bite, was he? The girl groaned in irritation, feeling her cheeks lightly heat up while leaning over to bite a chunk off, when she felt him pulling his arm back swiftly. 
 
“Really? Stop playing around!”
 
Half knowing he would do that, she grabbed onto his arm to yank the cookie back down, just so she could finally freaking eat it. Jungkook snickered loudly, eyes set on the girl who was at least a head shorter than him. 
 
HahBeing tall, does have itsadvantages
 
Haekyung jumped up and down, her left arm grasped onto the moron’s right shoulder to boost herself up. Jungkook sighed, smiling at her efforts. He was actually planning on giving it to her, but decided to play with the girl just once. Now, he couldn’t stop because he thought her actions looked so damn funny and cute. Who knew she’d have such a competitive side to her? 
 
There’s no way I’m losing to you again, you brat! Haekyung scowled“I’d advise you to give that cookie to me right now.” She threatened, irritated.
 
Jungkook shook his head, chuckling, “What if I don’t want to?”
 
Feeling her reach the peak of her patience, Haekyung yanked the hood of his top over his head, covering his eyes in the process. The boy blinked, struggling to lift it back up. The girl smirked, enjoying the sight of it. She held onto the ends of his hood with one hand, using her other arm to try and reach what he was holding up in the air. God damnit.
 
Why is this boy so freaking tall?!
 
“Hey. I can’t see a thing!” Jungkook muttered, trying to grab a hold of the girl’s wrist so that she would let go of him.
 
“Good. You aren’t supposed to, moron.” She laughed, inching forward to claim her victory. The boy rolled his eyes, lifting one hand to get the girl off of him while raising the other arm up in the air just to annoy her. Just ten seconds later, Haekyung almost yelped, when the boy easily pulled his hood back up, his soft innocent eyes locked with hers. 
 
He cranked his neck to the side in amusement, throwing the girl a small smile.
 
She blinked, quickly taking a step back in reflex, before resuming back to what she was intending to do. 
 
Like that will distract me, Jeon Jungkook.
 
Jungkook pushed the girl back by the forehead with his finger, staring down at her.
 
"What kind of a girl are you? Jeez, you and your man-like strength." He questioned, his brows furrowing.
 
"Pft, you're just weak, Jeon Jungkook."
 
Haekyung smiled victoriously, grabbing the cookie from the boy's hand. 
 
The boy had purposely lowered his arm slightly, so that the girl could reach it. He bite back a grin, observing that proud smile plastered on her face. How cute of her, to actually think that he would lose to her tactics. 
 
Oh, why do I love teasing you so much?
 
Jungkook bit his lips mischievously, quickly snatching one of the girl's grocery bag before speeding away from her. He laughed, sticking his tongue out at the girl who glared at him. The boy smirked, shouting from down the road,
 
"Just for the record, I still win."
 
Haekyung chased after the boy, who sent her a teasing smile, out-running her effortlessly since he was more athletic.
 
The girl ruffled her hair in frustration, starting to lose her breathe. Why the heck was he so good at everything?!
 
"Jeon Jungkook, you freaking idiot!"