Baekhyun's Past

Making Baekhyun Mine

Chanyeol’s POV

A few weeks have passed since the Christmas celebration we had together. Everyone was back to how their life was, Exo was busy with their schedules again, Luhan was doing his fourth year, and Baekhyun was busy with his debut preparations. I never really had time to spend with him as both of us were busy. Also, manager hyung never allowed us to contact anyone especially when we were recording.

Everyday we woke up early to prepare for our next comeback. We had to practice our dance, our vocal and raps. Also there were photoshoots and talk shows, exo showtime wasn’t even done recorded.

“ Kyunggie im so tired. “ Kai says, after 7 hours straight of non stop dance practices. Only Kai and Sehun had to practice as they were the dance lines. It was a pity, after all they were the maknae line. Kyungsoo went and massage his feet. Everyone was really working hard for a better performance. Later in the night, after our dinner, we were given breaks at last.

So, after a bath, I went and asked for my phone from manager hyung. I quickly tried to call Baekhyun but to no avail. Then, I sent a text to him asking him to call me when he is free.

I was looking around for my bagpack when I realize I left it in the practice room. So I straight away went to the SM building across the road. It was a chilly night I was lucky to be wearing my thick jacket. I arrived at the room when I saw someone leaving the room. That familiar red head again, could it be him? I thought to myself, but brushed it off. If he was that free to be walking around the building he should have called me then. I took my bag and started to leave but as I strapped it on my shoulder, a box fell off. An all too familiar box, I came to realize. It was the same box I have given to Baekhyun on Christmas.

I was getting confused when I opened it up, and sure it was, the photo of my cheesy pose. I cringed at the picture, and to my surprise there was a paper behind the photo. I took it out to find a handwritten letter. I immediately recognized Baekhyun’s cute handwriting. I had a bad feeling about the content. I’m not going to like what it says.

 

Dear Chanyeol,

I really do not know how to start this. Ill just apologize first. Im really sorry but I am afraid this relationship was not meant to be even from the beginning. I know that you really like me, but is this really love? I also remember that night you said the 3 words, but I just really couldn’t return the words to you. Our relationship escalated too quickly. I was in love with Sehun, and a few days later, I claim to be in love with you. Also, im not too sure about your feelings. We couldn’t even last the previous time when we had the dating scandal. Was your image really that important? More important than me? It really broke my heart, Chanyeol. Maybe it was just history for you but it was really painful for me. Maybe you should find someone better. Someone whom you’re sure you love. Again, im sorry Chanyeol. And, the company will be sending the trainees to China soon. Please don’t waste your time on me anymore, Yeol. Goodbye.

My heart felt like it was being squeezed and I could literally feel the pain. While I was re-reading the last part, I heard some voices coming from outside and I saw Baekhyun speaking to another trainee. I rushed out of the room, with the letter getting crushed in my hands. I tried my best to control my tears as I confronted baekhyun.

“ Byun Baek Hyun! “ was all I could say and the other trainee turns around, a little shocked as my voice was full of anger. At that point, I was really mad at him. How could he do this?!

“ Ah, Jongdae. Ill talk to you later. Please leave us alone for now. “ Baekhyun says, shocked to see me too.

“ Okay, sure, excuse me. “ he says and bowed to the both of us and leaves.

“ Chanyeol you need to control your emotions. “ he says, looking straight at me, his expression changing from when he was talking to the trainee.

“ No. you are the one who needs to control your emotions! “ I said as I raised the letter in front of his face, as I threw it on the floor.

“ So you have read it. Well then that’s better. We have nothing to talk about anymore, ive explained everything that I need to “ he said, starting his steps as he turned to leave.

“Baek, please. “ I said as I pulled onto his wrist, stopping him from leaving. His hands were feeling so cold. “ Don’t do this to me again “ and at this point my voice was starting to waiver.

“ Please let go of me “ I could hear his muffled sniffing, while he was trying to free his hand from my grip.

“ After all I have done, you still have the heart to leave me?? “ I asked, almost losing hope.

“ I just don’t want to repeat the same mistake, Chanyeol. Please just let go. And move on. “ with that, I let him go, as I was left alone at the corridor.

Left alone again.

 


I didn’t even know exactly when Baekhyun had left, until the day Luhan came to our dorm with Sehun, after returning from the airport. I felt like a part of me was gone when I heard that Baekhyun was going to debut in China in a few months time. And it broke me even more to hear that he will be spending a few years there to stabilize their popularity in the China market. It took me a few days to recover to my state, at least I have started talking again now. The rest were worried, as I was really quiet, but I guess they slowly figured out what happened.

“ Hyung, you feeling better today? “ Sehun asked when he noticed that I was staring at the screen watching a Korean drama. I never watched dramas.

“ What’s the use of him being so nice and all? She will just ask for a break up someday over some random stupid reasons “ I said, not really answering him.

Luhan and Sehun exchanged looks with each other while they slowly sat down and changed channels.

“ Yah! I was watching it! “ I said, kicking my legs like a kid.

“ Chanyeol… I guess I need to tell you something. “ Luhan started

“ If its about the short guy with red hair, a cold hearted guy who likes to break up with his boyfriend and whose name starts with a B and ends with an N, who is cruel but still makes me so madly in love with him, please, don’t. “ I said as I turned to their other side, not wanting to face Luhan.

“ Just listen to me Chanyeol “ he continues

Sehun was trying to turn me around and make me face Luhan, while mumbling something about being a childish hyung when I automatically turned when Luhan starts talking about Baekhyun’s past.

“ What??? “ I asked, sitting up straight, and moving closer to Luhan

“ His parents were divorced… His dad just said that he stopped loving his mother and left. It left Mrs Byun a terrible heart ache. And soon she was very depressed, she fell ill and died. Baekhyun was very young then. You remember that wrist band Baekhyun treasured so much? It was from his mom. “

I could only stare wide eyed at Luhan. I didn’t know…. All this while, I didn’t even know that Baekhyun’s past was so painful.

“ That’s why Baekhyun takes love very seriously. He is afraid you will be like his dad. He just really wants to be with someone who really loves him. He doesn’t want to repeat his parent’s mistakes. “

 

 


A/N : i am back!! did u miss me? :P