Realize

Making Baekhyun Mine

Chanyeol’s POV

 

A few hours later, when the instructor finally let us off, I told Kris to go ahead without me. I went instead to the audition place. Ok yeah, actually, I kind of ran there. I was afraid everyone would have been gone. I also didn’t know why I wanted to see him so desperately… A few months have passed since the last time we met. I guess I just really missed him. On the way, I met some audition staffs, so I asked them about the details. They said that the final announcement- whether you make it or fail your kpop star dream- would only be announced in about an hour. The judges were having a meeting right now so the participants were free to do anything in that one hour.

When I reached the conference room, I looked around for the short red headed Baekhyun. He was no where to be found. I didn’t want to give him a call. I was afraid that he would be avoiding me. I have searched around for almost half an hour and that’s when I got really upset and disappointed. I really missed that adorable bacon. Well I guess luck was not on my side.

I was planning to return to our dorm when our manager sent me a text telling me to run a few errands at the EXO floor. I went to the lift and pressed the 12th floor and that was when I saw a red head idiot walking around the floor. Peeking into the rooms. I stepped out of the lift and when the lift door closed, he turned around and looked really scared.

“ Oh its you. I’m sorry for erm... trespassing? I was… lost. Yeah “ he said while stealing a few glances at me.

“ Yeah definitely lost. You aren’t looking for the Exo members’ room hoping to see a certain member, right? “ I asked him after listening to the melodious voice of his for the first time in ages.

“ Of course not! “ now he looked nervous as he walked towards the lift and stabbed the button.

10 seconds of awkward silence have passed.

Another 10. Not that im counting. Baekhyun proceed to spam the button and muttered under his breath “ Does this building have like 100 floors?!

“ Look. Baekhyun. “ I started after comteplating for a while whether to speak.

He turns to look at me after I nudge him on his shoulder. His back was facing me.

“ Why are you avoiding me? Can’t we hold just a normal conversation? “ I ask while staring at his beautiful face. He looks even better now that he was all dressed up for the audition, with eyeliner and all.

“ No. I’m not avoiding you. At all… “

“ Don’t play dumb with me baek. “

“ Play dumb? Who’s the one playing dumb here, Chanyeol? Saying those words on the broadcast. Now you’re trying to have a normal conversation with me? “ he answered, a little too quickly emphasizing on the last few words.

“ So it is about that broadcast. “

“ What? Why else would it not be?! I swear Park Chanyeol you are so dumb. “

“ Baek-ah. You know its not what I want to say right?! The company made me say it! “ I retorted back, a little annoyed with the way he said I was dumb. He is the dumb one here!

“ Bottom line is, you said it. And it hurt. Like hell. “ By now his cheeks were red, along with his nose. I guess I should stop talking. I wouldn’t want to make him cry on his first audition.

“ I’m really sorry Baekhyun. I just… really missed you. “ Now it was my turn having watery eyes. Wow saying those words really made me emotional. I was positive he felt the same way too, when he lifted his hands close to my face but stopped mid track. He gave a small sigh and dropped his hand. And my heart did the same.

A while later, the lift door finally opened. I couldn’t say more that the timing was really perfect. Baekhyun slowly stepped inside and just left.

 

Again.

 

 

But I was determined to change my own fate.

So I went into the lift along with Baekhyun and there were other people in it, so I had to keep my distance from Baekhyun and all I could do was stare at him the whole time. I followed him back to the audition place and there were a few people who recognized me but they were all maintaining their cool as they didn’t want to cause any commotion and have themselves disqualified straight away.

Baekhyun gave me a look when he realize I have been following him the whole way but did not say a word. He went and sat beside a guy. Hey. Isn’t that the Tao guy? Slash wushu slash panda slash waiter slash Kris’ crush? I went and took a closer look to confirm it. Baekhyun was talking to him and laughing along. Why are they so friendly with each other? are they close? Just friends, right??

A little while later, the Tao guy stood up and returned with a cup of juice in his hand. He was drinking it when suddenly he offered Baekhyun, who smiled his precious cresent-shaped eye smile and was accepting it. That was when I barged in and yelled.

IM THIRSTY AS HELL. THANKS.

And gulped it down.

What the hell did I just do?

Luckily the people around were too nervous while waiting for the result of the audition that they just stared at me for a few seconds and returned to what they were doing.

Tao looked like he was going to murder me with the look on his eyes. It was really intimidating.. Oh and it's already the second time i receive his death stare. He must really hate me by now. But Baekhyun kind of saved me when he pulled him to sit down and told him to ignore me.

Okay, not the ideal way for your lover to save you.

Later the staffs came to announce the results and I was really praying that Baekhyun would be chosen. Actually I wouldn’t need to. Since his voice was the same as an angel’s! I would beat the daylights out of all the judges if they dared to reject him. If they reject Baekhyun then I wouldn’t know why I was chosen. I laughed to myself when Baekhyun shifted a little away from me. Which means, a little nearer to Tao. So I shifted myself nearer to him even more as he sighed again. Stupid Baekhyun.

“ Stop pretending like you don’t like it. “

“ Please. The last thing ill do is like what you’re doing. “

“ Come on- “ I was cut off when he shush-ed me with his hands trying to cover my mouth.

The perfect opportunity is here!

I leaned forward and his palm.

“ AIIIIISHHHH!!!! “ Baekhyun half squealed half shouted and his cheeks were turning bright red and suddenly we heard.....

 

 

“ BYUN BAEK HYUN “

 

 

“ Ah.. im sorry. Ill keep quiet. “

“ What?? Come forward to discuss further with the staffs. You’re chosen. “ one of the judge said on the mic.

“ OH MY GOSH!!! “ He shouted and hugged me.

I almost forgot to hug him back out of the shock. This playing hard to get idiot is hugging me!! I pulled him even closer and soon he started pushing me away but I wouldn’t let go.

“ Yah! Pabo ! I need to go to the staffs! And we look stupid right now “

Okay, we do look quite dumb our posture was awkward as we were half sitting, half standing. I soon let him go and that was when I realized I really wouldn’t allow Baekhyun to leave my life anymore.

Him leaving me once was enough.

Operation Making Baekhyun Mine starts right now! 

 


A/N : how is it?? i have nothing to say for today's author note. which is rare. i guess im not in the mood.... :(

btw the gif on top really defines baektao <3 they are so cute.

anybody wants to guess who is tao ??