Chapter 5 - Protect?

One Sided Love

 

The next morning, Taehyung went to your house and found you sleeping in your room. "Yah! Wake up" Taehyung nudge you but you didn't barge at all. Instead, you turn around and stuck your face into the pillow. Once again, he tried to wake you up by shooking your body, but he failed. He let out a sigh of frustration and pushed you off from the bed. He knew it was rude to do that, but you left him no choice. 
 
"Ouch, What the heck?" You hissed sleepily and glare at him. "Why didn't you call me yesterday ? I thought I reminded you to call me when you reach home ?" He folded his arms angrily. *, I forgot to call him yesterday.* "I forgot about it. No big deal anyways." You said calmly like it was the most normal thing in the world. Truefully, it is. Everybody forgets things right ? 
 
"Do you know how worried I am ?" He shouted at you. You stare at him in disbelieve. "If I forget to call you. Then why didn't you call me back ?" You were angry. Yes, is your fault that you forget to call him last night. But if he was really worried about you, then he would have call you in return. Taehyung was speechless, he felt ashamed. Mainly because he was too occupied with Hyeri that he had forgotten about you.  "Save it." You scoffed and walked into the kitchen. Taehyung followed behind you, but he didnt dare to utter any words. He knew that you were angry. Screw that, not just angry but sad and disappointed.
 
You were preparing for the breakfast, with Taehyung following you behind. You tried your best to ignore him but he kept making weird noises that irritates you a lot. "You know what?" He look up and stare at you. "Why don't you just get out?" You hissed and went back to cut the ingredients. Suddenly, he took the knife out of your hands and hug you from behind. "Yah! Kim Taehyung. Let go of me." Instead of letting you go, he hug you even tighter. "Don't ignore me..." He whispered into your ear. You shivered due to the weird feeling you got from his action. 
 
"I didn't ignore you." You muttered to him, trying to get out of his embrace. "Then why are you being so cold towards me ?" He asked while leaning on your shoulders. "I-I'm just tired and Is Saturday, I could have gotten more sleep if it wasn't for you. " You tried to speak normally without stuttering. Is hard though, him being so close to you just make you feel even more nervous. "I'm sorry, is just that I was really worried that something bad might happened to you. " he let go of you and sat at the chair behind him. When he let go of you, you can't help but feel emptiness around you. 
 
"Aniyo, I'm fine. See" you paused and turn around to let him see that you were perfectly fine. "So don't be worried. I'm a big girl now." You fake a smile and turned around to continue on preparing your breakfast. You haven't completely forgiven him yet, not after what he had done yesterday. But for now, it was alright for you. Once again, he took the knife out of your hand and shoved you away. "Yah-----" "Shut it, just let me do the rest." He said and cut the ingredients clumsily. Taehyung only knows how to eat, he can't cook at all. 
 
"Fine, thanks then " you muttered and lean yourself against the wall. You were looking at his confuse face the whole time, and you can't help but chuckle at him. "What?" He look at you curiously and you shook your head. "Come on, just let me do this. You can help me to boil the water." He nodded and did what you told him to. After he finished boiling the water, he stood beside you and stare at what you were doing. He can't help but think you will be a good wife in the future. 
 
You shift your head around because your hair had fallen all around your face and since your hand was dirty, you can't touch your hair at all. Taehyung then took the strand of your hair and place it right behind your ear. But he didn't let go of your hair,  he twirl it around instead. "I will protect you forever" he said out of nowhere and you chuckled at his randomness. But you can't help but blushed at what he said. "I mean it. Eventhough we are only a best friend, I will still protect you with my whole life. " he smiled and look down at you. In return you also gave him a smile, but a sad one. *Park Sooyeon, don't let that affect you*
 
After cleaning the mess, you went out of the kitchen and saw Taehyung laying on the couch comfortably. "Kim Taehyung, put your leg down ! You are going to  dirty my couch." You hissed and pushed his leg away playfully. He pouted and whined, "You are so mean, why do you always bully me?" You look at him with a disgusted face. "Oh please, don't act cute. You look..... gross" You joke and laughed at his bewilded face. 
 
"You didn't mean what you say right ?" He look at you with a evil smile. "Come on, don't you ever look into the mirror ? Or do you want me to lent you one ?" You chuckled at your own joke while he look at you with widened eyes. "I can't believe I made friends with you." He shook his head and thought for a moment. "Well, you need to blame yourself then" you winked and ruffled his hair, making it messy. "Yah ! Don't do that. " he said and fixed his hair properly. "Wanna go out tomorrow ?" He asked excitedly. You place your hand under your chin and thought for awhile. "Sure." He smiled while you just yawned due to your tiredness.
 
"Hey, I'm going back to sleep now. Do whatever you want" you stood up and head towards your room. Before you entered, you saw Taehyung giving you an "okay" sign and you smiled at his sillyness. *Hopefully, tomorrow will be fun*