Chapter 4 - Sad

One Sided Love

 

Today was the first day of school. You didn't feel excited at all, not even a tiny bit. Nobody have ever wanted to make friends with you. Reason ? You were BEST FRIEND with Kim Taehyung, the kingka of the school, and that's why everybody hated you. They hated the fact that a normal girl like you are friends with Taehyung. They were jealous, they wanted to be in your position, but they will never be as lucky as you.
 
Slowly, You wore your shoes and head out for the door. "Taehyung-ah." You fake a smile when you see him leaning on the wall beside your door. He never failed to sent you to school, even if he had something important to attend, he would make sure you wasn't alone. "Hey, you ready for school?" He asked carefully, making sure you ain't hurt by what he had just said. He knew it very well that you didn't have any friends. You were alone. But that is something you hate to admit it. 
 
"As if you are as ready as that person there." You rolled your eyes and pointed at the girl that was literally running towards the direction of the school. "You know me so well." He winked at you and your heart skipped a beat. *That stupid feeling again* You shook the thought away and make your way to the big building "Taehyung-ah, I------" you stopped talking when he suddenly turn around, making his back facing you. 
 
Curiously, you peek over and saw the same girl that you guys met a few days ago. "H-hey, remember me ?" She stuttered shyly. "Yeah, you were the one that I had bumped into." He smiled sweetly at her and you pretented to punch him from The back. He wasn't so sweet when he talks to you. "I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Kim Taehyung" he continued.  "I'm Lee Hyeri, nice to meet you." She bow slightly and smiled at Taehyung.
 
"I never see you around before, is it your first day here?" Taehyung tilted his head in confusion. You scoffed at the thought of him acting nice. He wasn't someone so curious, not to a stranger. "Yeah, is my first day. And I'm glad that I met you here." She replied him and nodded her head. He laugh awkwardly and flip his hair cooly. "Why don't I bring you around the school? To apologise for my carelessness that day?" She thought for a moment before accepting his request. He immediately brightened up and lead the way like a gentleman.
 
You gasped when you realised that the whole time, he had forgotten about your existence. You pouted angrily and stomped off. "Stupid Kim Taehyung! You give up your best friend for that girl. Such a nice guy you are."You muttered under your breath while everyone look at you weirdly. With some help from the senior year, you finally found your way to the classroom. 
 
You peek in and saw Taehyung seating right beside the girl, they were chatting happily. For a moment, you thought they were a couple. Sadly, you found a seat at the corner and you went there silently.  You stare at them before you close your eyes and lean your head against the desk. *I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous.* Your mind chanted these three words continuously. 
 
You stopped what you were doing and sat up straight when you felt someone's presence beside you. "Hey, Sooyeon-ah." Taehyung called. You immediately heaved a sigh of relief when you thought that the teacher had caught you sleeping. "What?" You said normally, trying to hide the fact that you were still angry with him. "Mianhae, I forgot about you back then." He pouted cutely and you immediately softened. *he cares for me, he really does* "I'm alright, I ain't angry at you." You smiled and patted his head lightly. He brightened up and smiled back in returned. 
 
"Are you going to-----" you were about to continued on what you were saying when he suddenly walked back to his original seat. You turned around and realised that the Hyeri girl needed some help on her schedule, and Taehyung immediately went back to help her. "I was about to ask if you wanna seat With me, but I guess you are happy with what you have right now, " You muttered and smiled sadly at the empty seat beside you. 
 
After a whole boring day, it was finally time to go home. You turned around when Taehyung tap you on the shoulder. *He's going to bring me home* you bite your lips to restrain yourself from smiling widely. "Sooyeon-ah, mianhae. Can you go home by yourself ? Hyeri wanted to hang out around the neighbourhood, and is not safe for a girl to be alone. So can I-----".  "is alright, just go with her." You cutted in before he could even finished with what he was saying. Every words he said just now, makes you feel like knife was stabbing into your heart. *You are worried of her being alone, but not me?*
 
You look down onto the floor before he could even see the tears in your eyes. "Then, I will go now. Call me when you reach home later." He smiled innocently and excused himself. You look at him until he disappeared out of your sight. "What the hell is that.." You muttered sadly and picked up your bag that was thrown on the ground just now. You decided to take the route that was crowded with people, you didn't want to risk your life by taking the shorter one,  not now when Taehyung isn't with you. 
 
While walking, you saw a dog standing at the corner of the route looking at you. "Annyeong, doggie." You place your bag on the floor and pick him up with your hands. "Are you alone ? I guess you have the same life as me then." You said and patted his head. "Bacon!" Someone shouted. You got shocked when the dog suddenly jumped out of your embrace and ran off to the guy that was shouting just now. "Yah, pabo bacon. Don't run off like that anymore" the guy hissed at the dog while the dog shook his head at you.
 
 The guy tilt his head in confusion when he saw you walking away from them. "I guess she was the one that had found you just now.?" The dog nodded his head cutely "Then, I will have to say "thank you" to her." The guy smiled sweetly at the thought of your kindness. *I hope I can meet her someday*