Chapter 17 - Lunch

One Sided Love

 

"What took you so long ?" Baekhyun asked curiously after you settled down on your seats. Looking so troubled, he can't help but feel worried about you. "Nothing, just some stupid cockroach I met in the washroom just now. " You lean onto the chair, not paying attention to the lesson. "Oh. I thought something happened." Baekhyun trailed and shook his head. You straightened up and nudge Baekhyun in the elbow. "Hey. Can I ask you something ?" You stare at the whiteboard blankly. While he simply nodded. 
 
"Will you leave me one day?" You turned your head around and stare at Baekhyun. He furrowed his eyebrow unknowingly. *why would she ask that?*' "No, of course not. I will be the last person to ever do that." He reassured. You nodded your head and tap the pen with your fingers. "What about Taehyung then?" You muttered slowly. He shrugged and follow your actions as well. "I don't know about him, but I know clearly that I won't do that." 
 
You let out a small chuckle, "Gomawo, Byun Baekhyun." You heaved a sigh of relief, feeling better after talking to Baekhyun. Is not as if you are too greedy to keep them for yourself. Is just that you are too scared to lose them. They are important to you, no doubt. 
 
Later, The bell rang for lunch, you grab your bag and went for the door. Taehyung was waiting for you there. "Where's Baekhyun ?" You looked around for him, but he was nowhere to be seen. "He say he needed to find Kai and the rest, so he tell us to go without him." Taehyung grab your wrist and drag you along with him. 
 
Both of you went to the garden which was located near the cafeteria and sat down on the patch of grass, leaning against the tree.  He patted the space next to him, signalling you to seat down. Not hesitating, you nodded and follow his instructions. "This is the best place for eating!" He grab his chopstick and stuffed the rice into his mouth. You chuckled, laughing at his face.
 
"You have something there." You pointed at the area just below the lower lip. He kept wiping it off but the rice was still there. "Let me help you." You place your food down and lean in closer, putting your hand on the tree for more balance. He widened his eyes at the closeness. You place your hand and wipe it across his mouth, making sure the rice was no longer on his lips. "There, done." You smiled and went back to your original position.
 
Taehyung heart was still pounding. It was something he have never felt before, not even when he was with Hyeri. *something is wrong with me.* Unkowingly, his face turned into a light shade of pink which was unnoticeable for you. "You were right ! This place is so much better than the cafeteria." You chewed on the rice and glanced around. "I-I'm always r-right." He stuttered and kept on stuffing the food into his mouth without stopping. 
 
"Relax. You are going to choke." You said kindly and patted his shoulders. "Hey, don't you think the sky is beautiful ?" You smiled and stare at the sky lovingly. "Yes. It is beautiful." He turned his head and stare at you, who's attention was still on the sky. *But not as beautiful as you.* he secretly laughed and place the finished lunch box on the ground. 
 
"Let's come here frequently." You said, feeling excited at the thought of it. He simply nodded and wipe his mouth with the back of his hand. "With Baekhyun as well." You chimed happily. He stop his action and fake a smile at you. "Of course.. With him as well.." 
 
He can't help feel a little bit jealous when you mention Baekhyun. Even though the two always bicker around. He was still okay with him. But something else was telling him that you mustn't be too close with Baekhyun, if not he will regret about it. 
 
"There you are." Baekhyun panted. Taehyung scoffed and roll his eyes. *Speak of the devil.* "I thought you guys decided to skip school without me." Baekhyun pouted and slung his hand over your shoulders. "We actually are thinking about it." Taehyung smirked and Baekhyun fake punched him. "Sooyeon-ah. Taehyung's bullying me." He tugged on your uniform lightly. "Kim Taehyung ! Repesct your Hyung." You glare playfully and he saluted you. 
 
"Serve you right." Baekhyun stuck out his tongue and drag you away from Taehyung. "Can't believe his older than me.. By a few months to be exact." Taehyung shook his head and followed behind. 
 
You were getting ready for the next lesson when you saw Taehyung seating beside you. "What are you doing here ?" He pointed at Baekhyun and smiled. "You guys changed seat ?" You asked, shocked that Baekhyun actually agreed with it. He simply nodded and you question him again. "Baekhyun actually approve it ?" 
 
"Is just one day, and of course he didn't want it. So, I forced him. " Taehyung smirked and you looked back at Baekhyun, who was getting annoyed by Hyeri. He placed his fist on the table and sulk. You chuckled at that scene and turned back to Taehyung. "Do you like this seat then ?" You placed your hand under your chin, waiting for his reply. "Of course! Especially when I can seat with you." He chimed happily.
 
*He likes it when I seat beside him?!* "R-really ?" You blushed and fiddled your finger. "I regretted not getting this seat now." He pouted and shove his hand into his pocket. You recalled back when he left you alone for Hyeri. You felt so terrible at that moment. "Right." You muttered. Just then, the teacher walked in. She knew Taehyung and Baekhyun changed seats, but she decided to let them off just for today. *I see, they are making a move now.* 
 
The whole time, Taehyung and you were communicating by passing a small note.  "Me or Baekhyun Hyung ?" You read the question in your mind. You furrowed your eyebrow at this question.  "Both" You wrote on the paper and pass it back to Taehyung. "That's not an answer! I don't care you owe me 1 wish." You read it again and narrowed your eyes at him. He simply shrugged and divert his attention back to the whiteboard. *Stupid Kim Taehyung*