Chapter 22 - Confession

One Sided Love

 

You gasped when Taehyung shouted your name across the room. Everybody were staring at you weirdly, even Baekhyun. "I need to talk to you." Taehyung said sternly and grab your wrist before dragging you out of the room. You stumbled slightly, "where are we going ?" You yelled while he just ignore your question.
 
Gathering all your strength, you yanked his hand away and glare at him. "What the hell?" You hissed, obviously not happy with his action. "Why did you do that yesterday?" He softened.  "D-do w-what?" You stuttered, recalling what happened yesterday. "Kiss." He said and pointed his cheek. *Man, I thought he wasn't going to ask me about that.* 
 
"Nothing. Just a friendship kiss." You smiled awkwardly. In fact, you were hoping that he will buy that lie and just let you go back. "Do you think I'm stupid? Just freaking tell me the truth." Once again, Taehyung lost his patient. All he wanted was you to speak up the truth, he wanted to know the reason behind your actions. "Is really nothing." 
 
Taehyung let out a sigh and ruffled his hair messily, that was an action to show you that he was getting annoyed. "I'm going back now." Before you even take a step, he pull you back and stare at you sternly, "I'm not letting you go until you tell me the truth." You stomped your feet helplessly, *what should I say to make him believe me ?* 
 
"Class is already starting, can't we just talk later.?" You stare at the empty cafeteria with only the cleaners walking around. "The first lesson isn't really Important." He said coldly, not minding your cursing. "What do you seriously want ?!" You stood up and walked over to Taehyung who was leaning against the wall. He smiled cutely and straightened up. 
 
"Do you love me ?" He asked randomly and You were completely taken back by his sudden question. "What?" You shouted in disbelief. "Do you love me ?" He repeated his question again. *do I love him ? * "I don't know." You muttered softly. You suddenly flinched when his hand touches your soft cheeks. "I love you." 
 
These three words echoed in your mind over and over again. In the past, if he said those words to you, you might even faint from happiness. But why is it different now ? You admit, you do feel happy when he said that to you, but the other part of yourself can't help but hated the fact that he confess to you. 
 
"Don't joke around, please." You laughed, pretending to be calm. "I'm being serious, I love you." He paused for a moment before continuing what he needed to say. "I will give you time to think about it. I'm totally being serious." He said and turned around to walk away. "What the hell is that?" You stare at his retreating figure and turned around to walk away as well. 
 
"You are finally back, I was about to call the police if you don't come back in another 5 minutes." Baekhyun joked, but he immediately stop laughing when he realised your sad expression. "What's wrong ?" He asked, while scooting closer to you. You place your hand under your chin and shook your head vigourously. "Aniyo, kwenchana." Baekhyun knew something happened to you, but he didn't want to ask anymore. "Later." He muttered to himself.
 
School was finally over, you shove everything inside your bag and hurried Off. You didn't want to see Taehyung. In actual fact, you didn't know how to face him. You walked out of the school quickly, recalling the confession he made today. That was totally unexpected of him. *what am I going to do now?*
 
"Park Sooyeon." You let out a sigh and turn around. You ran over and clutched your hands over his mouth. "Lower down your volume." You whispered into his ear and he nodded obediently. "Byun Baekhyun, what are you doing here ?" You smiled, forgetting the stuff you were thinking about earlier. Baekhyun's heart jumped when you called his full name. It sounded sweet but lovely at the same time. 
 
"I'm bringing you back home." He shoved his hand into the pocket and winked at you, earning a few whistle from the girls who was in the same school as you. "They like your wink" You chuckled. "I guess so." He shrugged, not caring about other people. He then brought you to a playground near your house and smile at you like an idiot. "What are we doing here ?" You asked weirdly while he sat on the ground, patting the seat beside him, signalling you to seat down as well ."Whenever I'm sad about something, this is where I always come to." 
 
*Baekhyun is sad about something ?* you thought. "My parents, they are divorced. " he mumbled, and your jaw drop when he said that. "In the past, my parents were said to be a loving couple. Everybody were envious of them. But what they didn't know was that, everything is just a lie. My father had a girlfriend, they started going out when my father became rich. Of course, my mother knew about it, but she pretended not to. Until the day, my father brought the woman home, they were on the bed... Making out infront of me. I was furious, but as a child, I have nothing to say about it. Hence, my mother couldn't take it anymore. She divorced with him and a few years later, the news of my mother passed away spread over the town. My father was guilty but he never felt like he did wrong. So what if he's my father ? He never cared about me at all. My mother is the one who brought me up. I really love her, but everything is too late now." 
 
Tears roll down your cheeks when Baekhyun tell you everything from his past, you realised that he had been hiding his fear and sadness behind his smile. The thought of him facing everything alone just makes your heart hurt a lot. "Don't cry, everything is over. You are not alone, you have EXO. You have me. We will never hurt you like what your father did." You wrapped your arms around his waist and he buried his face into your chest. After a few minutes, he wipe the tears away, "Sooyeon-ah, thanks a lot." He smiled, showing you that he was feeling better compared to just now. 
 
The two of you then stood up and walked back home. The whole journey was silent, only the sound of your footstep were heard. You didn't dare to utter a single word, fearing that he was still unhappy from just now. Unkowingly, you reached your house faster than you thought. "Baekhyun-ah, rest well and don't think about it anymore. You can always talk me, I'm free 24/7." You tip toe and ruffled his hair. 
 
"Thanks a lot, but before I go. I need to tell you something." You tilt your head in confusion. "I wanted to say this from the beginning but I was a coward. I love you." You widened your eyes when he said that to you "you don't need to give me a answer now. I will give you some time to think about it." He whispered softly and patted your cheeks before walking away. 
 
"What?! 2 confession in 1 day?" You let out a sigh and entered your house, feeling burdened by the sudden confession from them.