Album No. 5

Play the Keys to My Heart

Album No. 5

:: Track 01 ::

“K-Kim JaeJoong –“ I began in a small, stuttering voice, trying to absorb what he just told Geun Suk. He said… he said that he was ... he was… my boyfriend! Was he really being serious? Like really serious?

Before I could say anything else, Kim JaeJoong put an arm around my shoulders and held me tightly next to his body as he walked me away from Geun Suk. That guy was standing weakly in the middle of the courtyard, wiping the blood from his mouth with the back of his rough hand and cursing at himself for getting into such a mess. Pft, it served him right.

Kim JaeJoong leaned in with his light cherry red lips next to my cheek and whispered, “Don’t look back.” My knees fell weak when he got so close! And I could smell a sweet scent coming from the air around him that made my heart pound like a beating drum.

Besides, how could I look back? Kim JaeJoong was grasping onto me so tightly that I could barely move minus the leeway I had with my tiny feet as we scrambled to get to our music history class.

And plus, I couldn’t stop looking at you, stupid! You-you said that you were my boyfriend!

I wanted to say those things to him but naturally, the words wouldn’t come out. And of course, the funny feelings were going haywire as I was balancing between fathoming the reality of the situation and dealing with the fact that he was holding onto me so closely. This was so not good for my plan about staying single...

Once I recognized the hallway to our classroom, I picked up my pace and somehow got out of Kim JaeJoong’s hold. I almost broke into a sprint, knowing that we were extremely late and that Ms. Lee would have my head, but Kim JaeJoong pulled me by the wrist at the last second and swung me back – right smack into him! Our bodies collided, though not strongly, and I had a feeling I was going to fall backwards on my .

“Kya!” I accidentally let out a high-pitched shriek as I closed my eyes, thinking that the next thing that was going to happen was going to hurt. When I didn’t feel the crash I opened my eyes again and saw that my chin was resting on Kim JaeJoong’s shoulder. His arms were wrapped around my back and waist and I could feel my chest move against his as we both heaved from the sudden moment. Should I be thankful or really creeped out that he keeps on saving me?

I immediately felt the awkward yet unexplainably comfortable tension and pushed him off.

“Yah, Kim JaeJoong, what’s the meaning of all this?” I managed to blurt out as I took a few steps back to look at him from a distance. His eyes were giving off a slightly different aura as I stared directly into them.

As usual, he smiled innocently and then scoffed as he slipped a hand into his pocket and used the other to adjust the book bag strap over his one shoulder.

“Is this how you treat the person who just saved you?” Kim JaeJoong asked and I immediately became belittled. He was technically my hero for the day, or ‘YoungWoong’ as Junsu puts it. He then slowly walked over, peered his dark chocolate eyes down at the shorter me and dropped his cheerful expression.

I blinked furiously at the way he was looking at me. Why was I getting so nervous?

“Y-Yah! You-you said you-you-you were my-my boyfriend!” I exclaimed up at him as I gripped tighter onto my knapsack straps and he only smiled wider.

He then tucked his lips in and nodded once casually as if it was the truth. And it wasn’t!
“Yes I did say that,” he answered and tilted his head to one side cutely. “Why? You don’t like it?”

I swear if my heart beat any faster than it was now, I would die on the spot. This is what you call scared to death, wasn’t it? Except a different kind of scared…

I glanced down at the clean white floor of the school and started to think. Did I not like it? Did I not like the fact that Kim JaeJoong said he was my boyfriend? Somehow… strangely…

Kim JaeJoong took his hand out of his pocket and raised it over my head. I blinked rapidly when he used his slender fingers to touch my light brown hair. He ran his fingers through it a few times and then helped me fix my uniform collar. I bet I looked like a mess from what Geun Suk did.

“You…” Kim JaeJoong said softly and I stole glances at his perfect face every nanosecond and then as he continued to straighten me out. “If you ever get into trouble, tell me.”

My face, though it was already radiating heat like the sun, got even hotter at his sentimental words. He was really getting to me… Kim JaeJoong stop making me –

“After all, I am your teacher and teachers protect their students, right?” he added with a cheeky grin and tilted his head down so that our eyes were on the same level. Gee, and I was thinking that he was thinking about… something else… ugh.

Is that all our relationship was? A student – teacher relationship?

He seemed to catch that I was disappointed. Why was I disappointed anyway? Pft.

I watched quietly as he made his soft lips into a smirk. “Or… how boyfriends should take care of their girlfriends.” Oh! He said it! Again!

My eyes widened and I felt my heart rev like an engine. Does this mean he – and I – we …? What was going on?! What are you thinking, Kim JaeJoong?! I need to know!

Just as I was about to clarify, the classroom door flew open with a loud booming noise after it hit the wall. Someone was angry…

“Kim JaeJoong! Kwon BoA!” It was our young music history teacher Ms. Lee who was screaming like a mad woman. She poked her head out of the door just in time to kill the drama. “What are you two doing outside? You’re late! Get in here now!”

We both exchanged looks of caution and scrambled inside. I didn’t hesitate to run directly to my seat next to LiYin who was shaking her head at me. Of course she was playing around and was smiling as she did so. I felt the heads of the other students turn to look at me and probably Kim JaeJoong too, as we hurried to our desks.

Once I sat down, I swung my beige knapsack off my back and put it on the desk so that I could take my books out. I let out a breath and turned to the corresponding pages in the textbook but something felt weird.

Thinking that my classmates were still staring, I looked up and found that they really were, but not at me. They were staring at the spot next to me…

I turned my head swiftly to the side opposite of LiYin and caught sight of Kim JaeJoong with a single sheet of loose-leaf paper on his table. He tapped the end of his blue pen against the wooden surface and then faced me with knitted eyebrows.

“What’s wrong?” he asked and stared at me like I was an alien. Ch, I’ll tell you what’s wrong Kim JaeJoong – that’s not your seat!
I started jerking my head in the direction behind me where Kim JaeJoong was supposed to sit. I suppose I shouldn’t have done it like that because he only looked more confused and weirded out.

“…Is something wrong with your neck?” he asked while pointing to his own and let out a light laugh.
My cheeks turned hot on the spot and I smacked myself mentally on the forehead.

“No~” I hissed in a whisper when Ms. Lee continued the lesson about Beethoven. “You’re supposed to be sitting over there~” I pointed and glanced behind me, seeing his “fan girls” pout at the fact that Kim JaeJoong was not with them.

Kim JaeJoong grinned playfully and rested his chin on his hand that was propped up on the table. He stuck out his lower lip a little and shook his head slowly. “It’s okay. I want to sit here,” he told me with a smile and once again, funny feelings! He casted his gaze to the front of the classroom where the chalkboard was and then turned back to me. “The view here is better,” he added and then - I swear - he winked at me! Oh. My. God~

:: Track 02 ::

Throughout the entire lesson, I couldn’t focus on what Ms. Lee was blabbering about. Usually, I ended each class with four full pages of purple-inked notes but this time I had a mere four sentences. Oh God, this always happens when…

“BoA, BoA!” Someone called me but I couldn’t figure out who it was. The person had to shake me twenty times on the arm for me to respond and after a moment, I snapped out of my thoughts.

“Wha-what?” I asked and turned to my right. It was none other than LiYin and she looked worried as hell.

“BoA, I called you like a hundred times. Are you okay? You seem really out of it,” LiYin said and gave me a pouty face as she held my arm. “Out of it” didn’t even begin to describe what I was feeling… My feelings… they were all mixed up and mushy like melted Neapolitan ice cream.

“Yah, pabo. The whole world is waiting for you,” another voice said and I spun around in my seat to see Kim JaeJoong standing up over me. I did a little jump in my chair and gasped when his dark chocolate eyes met mine. “Don’t you have a class next too? Come on, let’s go~”

I can’t believe it. Kim JaeJoong was waiting for me? Why did he have to wait for me? It’s not like he was my –
“Do you keep all your boyfriends waiting like this? No wonder they break up with you,” Kim JaeJoong said and narrowed his eyes at me.

“Yah!” I stood up and pointed at his stupid face. “If you don’t like to wait, then don’t wait! ‘The whole world is waiting for you?’ Do you equal the whole world, Kim JaeJoong?”

“No, but I am that important,” Kim JaeJoong expressed with a cheeky smile. I shot my mean glare at him and crossed my arms.

“Wait a second…” LiYin said anxiously in her enchantingly smooth voice. “Are you two going out?”
That’s what I would like to know! Stupid Kim JaeJoong always mentioning boyfriends and whatnot. If he wasn’t going to answer me, he was sure to answer LiYin right? Kim JaeJoong and I both exchanged serious looks with each other and then he looked at LiYin.

I stared at him with a half-mad half-curious expression. I could hear my heart beating louder again but I tried my best to ignore it. I didn’t even know what to feel at this moment.

Kim JaeJoong rose an eyebrow and scratched the back of his head with a laugh. “Not really.”
I opened my mouth and I wasn’t going to lie – my heart felt like it halted to a stop and just died. So he was joking all along. Pft, what was I expecting from a guy like him?

“Oh okay,” LiYin responded with a slight blush for being wrong. She combed her long wavy brown hair behind her ear and then tapped my desk lightly. “Let’s go BoA~” she told me and pulled on my wrist but I didn’t feel like moving.

“Yah, Kwon BoA. What’s wrong with you?” Kim JaeJoong so kindly asked and I narrowed my eyes at him again. It was all his fault that I was feeling so pissed off.

I quickly grabbed my knapsack from my desk and stormed down the steps of the room. I made sure to slam the door hard to make my dramatic exit.

:: Track 03 ::

I knew that they were going to come after me so I ran away as fast I could - as fast as my short legs could carry me. I was feeling all types of different emotions meshing together in my body and not one of them was positive or good.

The school bell was going to ring any minute and being the nerdy me, my heart jerked to head to class. But at the same time I just wanted to run into a corner and have a good cry.

Cry… I, Kwon BoA, only cry if I get scared or I get hurt… so was that what I was feeling? Scared? Hurt? Why?

I turned a sharp corner to the girls’ bathroom and locked myself in one of the stalls. I threw my knapsack on the tiled floor and sat on top off the covered toilet seat with my legs curled up tight to my body. I hugged my legs and slowly leaned the side of my face into my knees.

As much as I wanted to burst out in tears, I also wanted to stay strong. If I cried now it only meant that I fell. And I promised myself this year that I wasn’t going to fall!

The stupid image of Kim JaeJoong flashed through my mind and I bit the inside of my cheek. Hmph, I wasn’t going to let him get to me! So what if he was just kidding? That was even better! I don’t need him! I could care less about what he was to me! Kim JaeJoong, you’re nothing to me!

I glanced at my white jelly wrist watch and saw that I had thirty seconds to get to gym. Ugh. The smell of sweat and socks - just what I needed to look forward to.

:: Track 04 ::

For the bulk of the day, I didn’t see LiYin or Kim JaeJoong at all. I knew that LiYin was going to busy for the next two weeks, helping Ms. Koo with some special violin only recital for the fall showcase and well, I didn’t exactly want to see Kim JaeJoong.

Before lunch, I passed by Junsu on the second floor when I went to my locker to get my bento but we only exchanged hellos and quickly went our separate ways.

I never experienced it before but now I knew that it really to eat alone. Though some of my other classmates told me to me join them at their table, I didn’t feel like interacting with them, at least not today.

“BoA!” an enthusiastic voice called but I didn’t glance up. I simply continued to pick at the crust of my self-made ham and cheese sandwich as I leaned my chin on my hand. Why didn’t I ever get any time alone?

I felt a small gust of wind as the person sat across from me at my desolate lunch table in the courtyard.

“BoA, I’m so sorry that I didn’t tell you where I was for these few days,” the person said and I instantly recognized who it was. Yoochun.

I gazed up at him and gave him a blank expression. Now that I thought about it, I hadn’t seen him for a while. Not since the time he was at my house for dinner.

A little curious, I moved my head to the side and sat up straighter. “So… where’d you go?”

Yoochun must have interpreted my question in the wrong way because he smiled really widely as if I asked because I had been thinking about him.

“I had to go to Tokyo over the weekend with my parents. Your parents were on the same flight too!” he answered me happily and I nodded with my mouth in the shape of an O. Sometimes, Mr. and Mrs. Park dragged Yoochun along on their business trips so that he learned about their work. I suppose that he was going to inherit their positions one day.

“I got to come home early because mom and dad didn’t want me to miss too much at Ongaku,” Yoochun added and then he randomly blushed. He looked down at the lunch table and moved his fingers around in circles on its surface. “So did you get my postcard?”

“Ha?” I made a questioning noise because I didn’t know what he was talking about. Obviously, I hadn’t received this “postcard” that he supposedly sent. Besides, what was the point? He was only gone for like three, four days. Boy, the things Yoochun does… A little too much, no?

Yoochun seemed to frown and it didn’t make me feel good to see him down. “Maybe I’ll get it today,” I quickly said and just as I thought, Yoochun perked up with a glow in his eyes. I smiled softly at him and then closed the lid to my bento. I didn’t feel like eating after all.

“BoA, you look sad…” Yoochun pointed out and I averted my gaze. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

“You…” Kim JaeJoong said softly and I stole glances at his perfect face every nanosecond and then as he continued to straighten me out. “If you ever get into trouble, tell me.”

I didn’t even know why I suddenly thought of that. It didn’t even relate! Out of nowhere I felt really angry again and stood up abruptly from the lunch table. Stop intruding my thoughts, Kim JaeJoong!

I squeezed my head in between my hands and then yelled at the air. I’m sure the other people were staring at me like I was a crazy person but I didn’t care. I needed to get that stupid Kim JaeJoong out my head.

“BoA…” Yoochun whispered as loud as he could with one hand cupped around his mouth and waved his hand downward to get me to relax. He was probably feeling awkward with the way I was acting and how the other students in the courtyard were looking at us.

I then caught my breath and started to calm down. I felt kind of bad that Yoochun was stuck here dealing with me. He usually isn’t seen with students like us. He was part of the elite group at Ongaku and they attended class in another building of the school.

“Sorry, Yoochun,” I said to him as I sat back down. I gave him a weak smile. “I’m crazy, aren’t I?”

He then let out a light laugh. “It’s okay. And no, you’re not crazy.” Even if I didn’t want him as a husband, he was still a good friend.

:: Track 05 ::

After the short encounter with my favorite person Yoochun, it was my last period class and I knew I was going to see LiYin.

“Hi BoA! Did you miss me?” she asked with a pretty smile and sat down at her desk beside me.

I stuck my tongue out at her and turned back to my notebook where I was writing the heading on the top of the page.

LiYin slipped her arm around my shoulders and leaned her head on my arm. She looked up at me with her big hazel eyes and batted her eyelashes. “Aw come on don’t be mad. You know I had to -”

I then let out a soft giggle and nudged her head off of me. “I know,” I told her with a small smile. “I’m not mad.”

LiYin clapped her hands together with an open-mouthed grin. “Yay~” she said in a sing-songy tune and then she puffed up her cheeks with her eyebrow risen. “Oh yeah. JaeJoong and I were looking for you after you left this morning. What happened? Are you okay now?”

I dropped my smile but I didn’t look upset. “Mhm~” I answered and twirled my pen with my fingers.
To be honest, I still felt kind of angry but I didn’t want to worry anyone, especially LiYin. If I was going to forget about what happened, I was going to have to move on. It’s not like I really fell for Kim JaeJoong, anyway so things like this shouldn’t affect me… right?


For the rest of class, LiYin and I worked diligently on our note-taking and before I knew it, the last bell of the day rung. I’d be happier to be freed from school but I knew that in a matter of minutes, I was going to see Kim JaeJoong. Oh joy to the world.

“BoA, are you going to meet up with JaeJoong today?” LiYin asked with that bright smile of hers as she hugged her books in her arms. She was thinking exactly what I was thinking. We were both walking out of the back door of the classroom as we talked.

“…Yeah, unfortunately…” I replied dully with a long sigh and pulled on my knapsack straps to make them tighter around my shoulders. “I have to see him everyday except for Sunday.”

“Oh, that’s awesome,” LiYin replied with an almost convincing smile but obviously, she didn’t know what it was like to be around Kim JaeJoong. It was way far from awesome. It was like… not… awesome.

LiYin then suddenly decided to jump in front of me and my eyes grew large from the surprise. My best friend leaned in towards me and batted her eyelashes. “Hehe, do you think Junsu is going to be around?”

I let out a short giggle and shook my head at her. She was so cute, always trying to find opportunities to meet with him. I couldn’t blame her though. Junsu seemed really sweet and nice.

I shrugged playfully in response. “Maybe~” I said and started to walk backwards out of the Ongaku building. “Maybe not~” I added with a light laugh but I soon stopped when I hit something with my back.

I swiftly turned around on my heel and gasped. “I’m so sorry –“ I began to apologize but the person then grinned at me. He swatted his hand down in the air, passing it off like it was nothing.

“No problem, BoA,” Junsu said and I heard LiYin hold her breath. She completely stopped walking and stared at him like he was a God that just descended down to Earth. I’d say, speak of the devil.

“Oh hi Junsu!” I perked up when I realized that it was him and dragged LiYin next to me. I squeezed her arm tight by my side but she kept on pulling back. “LIYIN and I were just walking home~”

“Heh, I see. Hey LiYin,” Junsu waved with a lovable smile and LiYin weakly waved back out of shyness. “Oh by the way, I came to tell you something. You don’t have to wait for YoungWoong Hyung. You girls can leave first.”

I combed my light brown hair behind my right ear and stared back at him with confusion. What was Junsu talking about? From what I was hearing, it sounded like Kim JaeJoong was in trouble. And who was waiting for him?!

“Why? Why can’t he just come over now?” I asked straightforwardly because I wasn’t going to lie – I started to get worried. I tapped my foot repeatedly against the concrete floor with my hands gripped around my hips.

“Oh…” Junsu purposely averted his gaze and cleared his throat uncomfortably. He pulled on the collar of the Ongaku school jacket and then slowly looked back at me. “He’s kind of, um, at the nurse…”

“Kind of?” I questioned and thought about what could possibly get him landed at the nurse’s office. It couldn’t be that he got into trouble with Geun Suk, did he?
“Junsu, what happened?” I looked at him with curious eyes but he wouldn’t look back at me.

“YoungWoong Hyung told me not to tell you. I’ve already said too much,” Junsu answered as he scratched the back of his head and glanced up at the sky. He couldn’t have picked a worse time to be ambiguous.

I grumbled and brushed past him to find Kim JaeJoong. If that stupid guy was hurt because of me, I wasn’t going to be able to live it down.

:: Track 06 ::

I sprinted around the campus, frantically looking for the nurse’s office. I should have asked Junsu where it was but at the moment, I thought, hey four years in this school, I should know where it is! But no. I had absolutely no flipping idea. Why am I so dumb? And to think I was a straight A student…

I dodged my eyes back and forth, here and there, and even went around the building in circles a couple of times. Frustrated, I cupped my hands around my mouth and yelled.

“Yah! Kim JaeJoong, where are you?” Answer = silence. Pft, was I expecting a response?

I rolled my eyes and adjusted the knapsack straps over my shoulders. I began to jog down another hallway that I usually never walked through. I zoomed past a room and something about it called out to me. I quickly backtracked and let out a sigh of relief when I finally found him.

“I thought I heard a pabo calling me,” Kim JaeJoong laughed when he saw me enter the nurse’s office. I wonder how I looked. Did I looked worried? Because I sure as heck didn’t want to look that way in front of him.

“Shut up,” I said and swung my knapsack off of my back. I laid it on the nurse’s table because apparently she wasn’t in the room.

I cautiously walked up to Kim JaeJoong, who was lying on a bed with a bandaged hand and a patched up knee. I could even see a three-inch cut across his cheek right under his eye and the bubble of blood over it was still fresh. And yet, he was still smiling.

“…Who’d you get into a fight with?” I asked even though I kind of figured and I pulled up a white chair next to him. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of his face that was damaged – probably because of me. My heart softened at how painful it all looked and I hung my head low in shame. At the same time I pulled out a tissue that I had from my pocket.

“Nobody important,” Kim JaeJoong responded with a casual shrug. “Why’d you come looking for me anyway? I thought I told Junsu not to say a word,” he added and sat up straighter in the patient bed.

I gave him a teasing smirk as I stood up to my feet again. “I have my ways,” I told him and leaned closer, bringing the tissue up to the wound under his right eye.

“Yah!” Kim JaeJoong yelled when I grazed the spot and he even turned his face completely away. “Don’t do things like that without a warning!” he yelled but I let out a laugh when his voice cracked at the end of his exclamation. I turned his face back, holding him still by the chin and dabbed the tissue over the cut again. He hissed with gritted teeth as I wiped the blood away and blew on his face to ease the pain.

“You so owe me one,” he mumbled and stared at me with dark chocolate eyes. For a moment, it got really quiet between us and I simply stared back at him. He was right. All this was my fault and he only got involved because I was in trouble… but he didn’t have to help. Why did he have to help?

My eyes then flickered as the temperature of the room got hotter. I suppose I was idiotically blushing again from the staring contest we had and I crumpled up the tissue in my hand.
“Who told you to in?” I brought up in my defense and tossed the red and white tissue into the nearby garbage bin.

Kim JaeJoong scoffed to the side with an amused expression. “Like you could have saved yourself.”
Again, he was right. If he wasn’t there, who knew what would have happened?

“So you did fight with Geun Suk,” I said in an accusing tone and put a hand on my hip. I saw Kim JaeJoong puff up his cheeks and shift his eyes around the room like he didn’t know what I was talking about. “How did he manage to get you beat up this time?” I wondered out loud, recalling that just this morning, Kim JaeJoong totally beat the crap out of him.

“Friends,” he answered and scratched his ear while looking down at his patched up knee. I couldn’t believe it! Geun Suk got his goons to gang up on him?! How dare he!

“What! That’s-that’s so wrong! I’m going to report this to the principal!” I screamed from the sudden fury but just as I was about to storm out, Kim JaeJoong grabbed me by the wrist with his free, unharmed hand.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s nothing,” he said and gave me a gentle smile. “Besides, I fought back.”

“Yeah~ but that’s out of self defense!” I argued and stamped a foot on the floor. Kim JaeJoong then gave me a wince.

“Well… it’s only self-defense up to a certain point,” he told me and then seemed to be reaching for a cream-colored curtain that I hadn’t noticed in the background. I quickly walked over to him and helped him pull it open.

I instantly dropped my jaw when I saw about five guys lying in their own beds, with bandages and casts all over their bodies. One of the guys even had a plaster mask covering his entire face! It was like they were victims caught in a war between the most dangerous gangs of the country! No, the world! Don’t tell me that Kim JaeJoong did this!

I swiveled around and glared at him. I think I probably whipped his face with my long hair because he started to hiss again and held the side of his jaw.

“You took on all of them and made them end up like this?!” I shrieked out of disbelief that he could have handled them. Sure, he was hurt but he still – clearly – handled them.

“I kick , don’t I?” Kim JaeJoong asked rhetorically and flashed me an adorable smile. He looked just like a little kid, proud of his work, except little kids wouldn’t be capable of this level of violence.

“Kim JaeJoong,” I began and paused to scoff to the side. “You really are unbelievable.”

He let out a laugh and stared at me with his dark chocolate eyes. “I know.”

:: Track 07 ::

Junsu came in just on time to help me bring Kim JaeJoong to my house. Seeing how hurt he was, I told the stupid guy to just go home and forget about the piano lesson but he insisted on coming over.

“You owe me one so I want to redeem that point now,” he told me as Junsu put Kim JaeJoong’s arm around his neck to lift him up from the bed.

“What? You don’t want to go home?” I asked as I grabbed my knapsack from the table. I quickly put it on and when I looked up, I was faced with silence. Kim JaeJoong was peering down at the floor and Junsu was shaking his head ‘no’. Obviously, Kim JaeJoong and his family was a touchy subject. I should have known since the last time we danced around the topic.

I coughed into my fist as a way to move on in discussion. “So how are you going to be teaching me with a broken hand and a messed up knee? You can barely walk, dummy,” I said and poked him in the rib.

Kim JaeJoong shrunk away from me and smirked. “I have my ways~” he retaliated and I was once again struck at how he was able to turn my words around against me.
“Dummy, huh?” he asked, referring to how I insulted him. “I like it. Dummy and pabo. It sounds nice, doesn’t it?” I flattened my eyes as he and Junsu laughed on the way home.


Once we got to my house, I threw my keys on the coffee table in the living room and watched as Junsu lowered JaeJoong carefully onto my velvet red couch.

“Hyung, do you need me to stay?” Junsu offered, being the sweet guy he was.

Kim JaeJoong shook his head and waved his unhurt hand up and down. “Nah, you can go. Thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow, man.” They did a quick handshake and Junsu waved goodbye at me.

I pursed my lips as I walked Junsu to the door. Once again, Kim JaeJoong and I were going to be alone. I was hoping that Junsu would stick around so that he could at least take care of the dummy but of course, Kwon BoA never gets her way.

“Bye Junsu…” I sadly bid him farewell and closed the door right after.

“Pabo,” Kim JaeJoong called me over and I went back to him reluctantly. I stared at him with a disappointed expression. “Do you like Junsu or something?”

Whoa. Talk about a blunt and very, super random question.

“What! No~” I answered and put my hands on my hips. “Why would you even think that?” I blinked at him, demanding for an answer but all he did was blush. Hey… he blushed!

“You always seem so happy to see him and when he leaves, you’re all upset,” Kim JaeJoong replied as he looked at my keys on the table in front of him.

For some reason, I felt good that he looked worried. Or at least, I was sensing that he was worried. I crossed my arms tight to my chest and swung my body side to side.

“Why? Are you jealous?” I brought the confidence up to say because I felt like I had an upper hand whenever Kim JaeJoong looked embarrassed.

“Hell no~” he responded but his words didn’t seem to match his expression. Suddenly, he switched back to Mr. Cool and smirked at me. “Just wouldn’t want your parents to be worried. You are doing all this piano stuff to get married to a special guy, aren’t you?”

Special guy?! Yoochun?! My parents told him about that?!

It was then my turn to blush hard in the face and get all nervous and embarrassed. “Who told you?!”

“I have my ways,” Kim JaeJoong said once again and I’ve got to say the punch line was already getting old. “So you really like this guy, huh? Your husband-to-be?”

I unknowingly sat down next to the dummy and sighed. “To be honest, I don’t have one ounce of feeling for him. This whole thing… it’s pretty much forced,” I admitted. I didn’t even know why I was confessing such a private thing about myself to him. It just seemed to flow out and my mind was telling me I could trust him.

I could see Kim JaeJoong stare at me from the corner of my eye. He carried a tender expression and genuinely looked pitiful for me. He came in closer and I turned my head to face him. His dark chocolate eyes were soft and gentle.

“So you don’t like him?” Kim JaeJoong asked with a puzzled look on his handsome face. Even when he had a cut across it, he was still good looking. I slowly shook my head with a small frown.

“So… do you like me?” Kim JaeJoong asked out of nowhere and I felt my entire face get hot. God, why was he asking this? All this stuff about liking him and him and HIM?! My heart started up like he just put the key into its engine.

The next thing I knew, he broke into a smile and started laughing. Was he joking again?!
“Come on, let’s start on your lesson,” he said, moving on like it was nothing, and started to limp to the dining room. Honestly, he looked ridiculous.

“W-wait!” I called out when I got up to my feet. Kim JaeJoong turned around a little and gazed at me with a straight expression. “Don’t… don’t you want to know?” I asked but immediately regretted it. I closed my eyes with a wince once I realized that it definitely sounded like I liked him. Which I do not! God, what a bonehead thing to blurt out!

Kim JaeJoong rose his cherry red lips into a smile. “Don’t worry, Kwon BoA,” he began to answer and he definitely winked this time! “I already know.”

Just like that, he turned away and walked further into the depths of my house. He knows?! Wait, what does he know? I don’t even know! I-I don’t like him if that’s what he’s thinking! I did not fall for you, Kim JaeJoong! Did not! Yah!!! Kim JaeJoong!