Album No. 3

Play the Keys to My Heart

Album No. 3

:: Track 01 ::

“Y-you! You’re-you’re K-Kim JaeJoong?!” I yelled out of disbelief and pointed my manicured finger at his stupidly good-looking face. I didn’t know why but my arm started shaking in the air and my heart was racing out of control. There was no way that this was happening, seriously no way!

He simply stood up, slipping his hands into his jeans pockets and scoffed to the side. I watched as the corner of his cherry lips rose into a smirk and then he turned back to me with an ‘of-course-I-am-shouldn’t-you-know?’ kind of look. Geez, what a jerk!

“Yes BoA, this is Kim JaeJoong,” my mom repeated with her signature smile and walked calmly over to me.

Did she not find a problem with the way I reacted? Or with the fact that he called me crazy?!

“He’ll be helping you with your piano playing from now on,” she gladly told me as she patted me on the shoulders to calm me down. But I was far from being calm! I was breathing louder and heavier than ever and my face turned to a bright tomato red.

I snapped my head at my mother who was still smiling gently at me. Was my angry face really not that effective?!

“Yah, Omma! Why does he have to be my teacher, huh?! Why him?! Why can’t we choose somebody else?!” I screamed at her as I watched my dad slowly back away. He never really did like to get involved with me and my mom’s one-on-one flip outs and I didn’t blame him.

My mom simply smiled again and I shook her hands off of me, letting out a huff. I took a quick glance at that stupid Kim JaeJoong from the corner of my eyes and all he was doing was staring at me and grinning. Gah, looking at his face made my chest feel funny!

My mother then pulled me to the side and spoke to me privately.
“BoA, he goes to Ongaku with you so it’d be easy for him to come over after school and teach you. Besides, he seems like a good boy and I hear that he is the best pianist in the whole school. He’s ranked number one.”

Did she just say that he was a good boy?! What part of him looked it?!

“Omma~~~~~! Omma, I-I have issues with him!” I exclaimed out loud on purpose but when I looked behind my mom, I saw that JaeJoong had a big pair of headphones covering his ears. He wasn’t even paying attention anymore. I should have known that he didn’t pay any attention to anyone except for himself.

“Issues or no issues, he’s going to teach you,” my mom decided and crossed her arms at me.
“BoA, you want to impress people, don’t you? You want to know how to play well, don’t you?”

My worked-up expression gradually fell as she was getting to my core. I really did wish I could do something – play something – anything – right. I hated that I was so scared to perform in front of other people. It bothered me that I couldn’t even play the piano in front of my own friends.

Whenever we had practice sessions at Ongaku, I always hid in my own classroom to do it. I never played for anyone but my teacher and my parents and though they never openly criticized me, they were quite obvious in their ways of showing that I was horrible. That’s why I never played for any of the past school recitals and that is also probably why I didn’t know Kim JaeJoong.

But most of the time I didn’t even practice. I just pretended to while I listened to the beautiful music that LiYin created with her violin. That thing is her prized possession and she doesn’t let anyone touch it. I hated to admit it but I was always a little jealous that she was really good at what she did with it.

I picked up my head and turned to see Kim JaeJoong. Though he could be arrogant and mean at times, I guess that he could also be nice. After all, he did sneak me into Ongaku and didn’t ask anything in exchange for it.

I let out a long sigh and faced my mom. “Fine, Omma. I’ll do it,” I told her solemnly… like I had any other choice. I swear, the woman doesn’t give up until she has her way.

She smiled again and then patted my bangs down, fixing some of my light brown hair in the process. “That’s my good girl,” my mom said to me and turned back to JaeJoong. He took his headphones off and stood up when my mom opened to speak.

“JaeJoong, BoA is all yours,” she announced proudly. My eyes fell flat and I looked down at my feet. Gosh, why did she have to say it like that?

“Neh, kamsahamnida ahjumma,” JaeJoong answered in his sweet airy voice and then I glanced up when I heard my mom clicking her heels away.

“Ommeoni, where are you going?” I asked her with worry and held my arm up in front of me. I looked like I was ready to grab her but she was far from my reach.

“Oh I forgot,” she suddenly brought up and put on a suspicious smile. I narrowed my eyes at her with confusion and my insides immediately felt uneasy.
“Your father and I are going to play in Tokyo. We’ll be away for one week.”

:: Track 02 ::

I sat at the piano in the back of the dining room with a lost look on my face. I couldn’t believe that my parents didn’t tell me that they were going to leave! And for a week! An entire flipping week! Seriously, why don’t I have parents that tell me important things ahead of time? WHY?

“Ahem,” Kim JaeJoong coughed and I turned to him with depression and anger pouring out of my eyes. It wasn’t fun to be left alone and on a side note, it was even weirder to be left alone with him. Erg, he had better not get any strange ideas…

Kim JaeJoong watched me with his dark chocolate eyes as he rested his head on his hand. His arm was propped up on the ledge of the piano where the sheet music was supposed to be and he gazed at me blankly. He seemed to be waiting for me to do something other than sitting and mumbling to myself.

“I can watch you all day if you want,” Kim JaeJoong said in a taunting manner. His cherry lips began to rise into a smile. “I get paid either way.”

Ugh, the nerve of him. He wasn’t going to just take my parents’ money for nothing!

“Yah! Do what you’re paid to do!” I picked up from my sappy state and yelled at him. My high voice echoed throughout the house and it was even louder now that it was empty. I watched as he covered his mouth and laughed to the side. It almost seemed like he did that on purpose to perk me up… pft, who am I kidding?

“I’d be glad to,” he answered suddenly, catching me off guard, and sat up from his leaning position. He then flipped up the cover on the piano to reveal the shiny, untouched black and white keys. Out of nowhere he clapped, causing me to flinch, and I snapped my head at him.

“So first thing’s first,” Kim JaeJoong said with a proud grin as he faced me with his hands still clasped together. I then noticed that he was sitting on the piano bench with me and the super closeness was kind of freaky. I glanced to my left but there was no room left to scoot over and glanced back on his side. There was no space either! Stupid guy, couldn’t he have pulled up another chair or something?

“You should always address me as sunsaengnim,” he stated very seriously and I widened my eyes at his demand, putting the distance problem aside.

“What?! Why do I have to call you teacher?” I bursted out in disbelief but he kept his teasing grin.

“Because technically, I AM your teacher,” Kim JaeJoong answered plainly. “A piano teacher, but a teacher nonetheless.” I hated that cheeky look on his face.

“No way, Kim JaeJoong! The day I call you sunsaengnim is… is the day I fall in love with you!” I stood up on my feet and exclaimed. I had my finger pointed at his stupidly perfect nose again but suddenly my heart started to beat irregularly. Why the heck did I scream out such a thing?

Kim JaeJoong scoffed to the side like he always did. He looked up at me with an amused smile and nodded his head. “Then call me sunsaengnim.” The heck? Wasn’t he listening?!

He then unexpectedly got up, making the bench skid back and leaned in next to my face. I tried my best to inch away but I couldn’t! The fairness of his skin and the power of his eyes left me frozen. Uh… did I just say that?

“Because I know you’re already in love with me,” he whispered softly and I slowly widened my eyes at him. If I didn’t hate him so much I would have melted at his words. I repeat, would have, but didn’t!

After a second, I regained my senses and pushed him back with all my strength. He landed with his on the piano bench but he was still grinning! Why doesn’t anyone get mad when I’m mean?!

I peered down at him with my ultimate glare and put a hand on my hip as I used a finger from the opposite hand to point and shake at his stupid face.

“YAH! In love with you!? I am SO not in love with you! Get a grip on reality! Who-who-who the hell would fall in love with you?! Yah! You’re-you’re really unbelievable, you know that?! In love with you, my ! AISH~ you get me so mad! One look at you and my insides flare up because I get so mad! Kim JaeJoong, really! Who do you think you are thinking – thinking that I, Kwon BoA, am in love with – with you! You’re crazy, you’re seriously messed up in the brain, you know that?! Chongmal micheoseo! You- you’re good for nothing! You don’t know how to do anything! You’re like the worst person to fall in love with! Are you like mental? Do you take drugs? You probably do because you think I love you! You know what?! In your dreams, Kim JaeJoong! In your dreams!”

When I finished my rant I was breathing heavily, glaring at him with my teeth clenched and my fists tight and shaking. I didn’t know why but the room got much hotter and my face was probably all red too… from the heat and the rage that is!

I was waiting for a comeback but all Kim JaeJoong did was gaze at me in a bored manner. He was back to resting his chin on his hand again and blinked at me innocently.

“Are you done?” He asked and the question kind of caught me off guard. I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded back.

Kim JaeJoong then put seven fingers in front of his face and smiled with all his straight perfect teeth showing. Gah, his stupid expressions! They killed me!

“Seven times, Kwon BoA,” he spoke at last and my heart thumped hard against my chest. It was probably because of the way he said my name… Wait, what?! “You mentioned the word love seven times in that whole thing.” …WHAT?!

I knew that this time I was blushing awfully hard in the face. I hung my head down to hide my embarrassment and didn’t dare look him in the eyes. … I can’t believe he counted.

Then, all of a sudden, he started to break out into a light and contagious laughter. I glanced up with my cheeks glowing red and raised an eyebrow at him.

“Yah… are-are you here to teach me or to make fun of me?!” I scolded Kim JaeJoong to make him forget about what happened and stamped my foot hard on the floor to get his attention. Some of my hair fell in front of my face and I quickly jerked my head aside to move it away. When I saw clearly again, he wasn’t laughing anymore and his back was facing me.

I tilted my head to the side a bit to see what he was doing. He seemed to be taking some papers out of his bag and flipped through the pages to check if they were right or something.

He then swiveled his body back towards the piano and set the papers onto the ledge he loved so much to lean on. I slowly sat back down again, curious to see what he had brought and noticed that they were sheets of music.

“Yah, I don’t know what level you’re up to but try to play this,” Kim JaeJoong told me. It was kind of weird how he was all serious again but at least he wasn’t teasing me.

I glanced from his face to the sheet music and after a brief moment, back at his face. The notes were all a bunch of gibberish to me!

Kim JaeJoong stared at me with his dark chocolate eyes waiting for my next move. I could tell from his stare that he was already starting to get impatient. I then swallowed a huge lump in my throat and decided to tell him the truth.

“I… I can’t read that… I-I can’t read sheet music.”

:: Track 03 ::

Kim JaeJoong widened his eyes once I confessed that I was sight-reading-illiterate. Whenever I practiced, I always had the letters of each note written down on top. Never once did I play a song without those helpful little hints.

And I wasn’t going to lie. To tell me to play this piece right off the bat was like telling a one month old baby to stand up and run. And you don’t run until you learn to walk. Heck, you don’t even learn to walk until you crawl!

“Pabo,” Kim JaeJoong called me and I dropped my jaw at him. Who was he calling a fool?! Gosh, didn’t I tell him that I was no good at this?

I watched as lips curled into a small smile and he ruffled my light brown hair. My cheeks grew warm at his touch and once again I couldn’t respond. Gah, why did he keep on making me feel this way? All prickly and tingly? It wasn’t funny!

“I had a feeling that you didn’t,” Kim JaeJoong stated bluntly and my eyes fell flat once again. Just when I thought he was okay, he turns around and offends me!

“Here,” he handed me an extra piece of paper that paired up the notes and their letters from A to G. Weird, I hated to admit it but it was actually quite neat. He even made practice problems on the back where he drew random notes on the staff lines and gave me blanks to fill in which was which.

“You should study this before we start to play songs like this,” Kim JaeJoong continued and he began to take the sheet music of the ledge, page by page. He put them all together and shuffled them a bit to make them sit in his red folder at the same level.

He then let out a short laugh and shifted his gaze up at me. I simply stared back with a dumbfounded expression. “I’d love to hear it,” Kim JaeJoong said but I didn’t quite get what he meant. I tilted my head to the side and he smiled.

“I mean I’d like to hear you play this one day,” he began to be clear and put his book bag on his lap. “It’s mine. It’s my song.”

I parted my mouth a little in surprise that he also composed music. When the school ranked him number one as a musical genius, they weren’t kidding.

“You… you wrote it?” I asked out loud, pointing to the red folder in his hands that I couldn’t keep my eyes off of. I began to feel curious. What did it sound like? What was the feel of it? Were there any lyrics? What was the meaning behind it?

Kim JaeJoong nodded and put the folder carefully away in his bag and stood up. “If you’re thinking about how it goes, you’ll just have to wait and see,” he claimed and gave me another one of his playful grins.

I didn’t know what was wrong with me but I simply stared at him quietly and slowly nodded my head.

“Yah, Kwon BoA, I’m going to get going. I’ve got somewhere to go so I’ll see you in school Monday,” he told me as he walked out of the living room.

“K-Kim JaeJoong!” I yelled out and jogged over to him to catch him before he took his leave. When I stood in front of him I suddenly felt nervous and twiddled my fingers. “Um… can I ask you one thing?”

“Oh? Yeah, what?” he wondered with a confused expression and I gulped.

“…What’s the title of your song?” I asked as my heart began to race. I didn’t even know why that was happening. Maybe because it seemed like his song was a secret. Maybe he wasn’t even going to tell me. Maybe –

“Why did I end up falling for you.”

“H-huh?” I could tell my cheeks grew red and I took a step back from him. He was all serious again and it seemed to me that he was even a bit sad.

“That’s the name of the song,” Kim JaeJoong stated but he let up a small smile. I kept my eyes on him and was surprised that it was what it was named. Hm… why did I end up falling for you? It sounded…. Beautiful.

“If that’s all, I’m going to go,” Kim JaeJoong said and I nodded again without a word. He his heel but a second later, he turned his head back to face me with a wide smile. “See you, pabo.”

RAWR! Why does he call me that?!

:: Track 04 ::

I didn’t know how I did it but I survived the rest of the weekend all by myself. Well truth be told, I spent Saturday and Sunday at LiYin’s house and eating off of her. Yes, I freeloaded. And today we were back at school, and heading to the first class of the day: music history with Ms. Lee.

LiYin and I walked in, arm in arm, and skipped to our seats happily. We were still smiling from all the fun we had staying up late doing each other’s hair and nails and talking about how LiYin fell in love with her crush, Junsu. It was really too cute that he had saved her from being attacked by a volleyball. Turns out they had gym together.

In exchange, I told LiYin all about how my parents ditched me and how Kim JaeJoong became my piano teacher. She got really ecstatic when I said it and she told me I was lucky but we’ll see…

“Everybody rise,” the class president said when Ms. Lee came running in. The whole class got up at the same time and bowed, greeting her with a loud and polite ‘good morning’.

Ms. Lee went to her desk in front of the classroom and banged her favorite ruler against it. “Okay, good morning class! I have an important announcement to make!”

Everyone took their seats again and quieted down to listen. I think everyone was wondering what the news could be. It was pretty rare to see Ms. Lee this excited to tell our class anything.

“Today we have a new student joining us,” she claimed and clapped her hands together. New student?

“Well he’s not new to Ongaku but new nonetheless. Everyone please warmly welcome… Kim JaeJoong,” she extended her arm towards the door and there he was.

My first thought: What. In. The. World. Again?! Did Kim JaeJoong just love to intrude into every part of my life or something?

He stepped in with his navy blue Ongaku school jacket, the familiar pair of dark denim jeans and dark blue Converse. One of his hands were in his pockets and he used the other to scratch the back of his head, moving some of blatant brown hair in the process. I saw his book bag hanging off his one shoulder again. He always dressed the same.

“Hello. My name’s Kim JaeJoong,” he said in his airy voice and even bowed. I was surprised he seemed so formal and polite. If I didn’t know any better I would have thought he was a really simple and nice guy. Too bad I knew otherwise.

I spun around when I heard some of the girls in my class giggle. They seemed to be blushing and covering their mouths in shyness. Pft, whatever.

“I know I never really came to class but from now on… I will,” Kim JaeJoong explained and for a moment I thought we met eyes. It turns out he belonged to music history all along, just that he always skipped out on it like he did with the rest of his schedule except for the practice sessions.

“I hope we can get along.” He flashed a smile and I swear I heard the girls behind me swoon. God, it’s like they never seen a boy before. Pft, Kim JaeJoong wasn’t THAT good-looking… but when I looked ahead, I saw that even some of the guys got excited. How strange. Was he that cool?

“Okay JaeJoong, please take a seat. You can pick wherever you want to sit,” Ms. Lee beamed at him. Gah, was she captivated by him too?

Kim JaeJoong nodded and wasted no time to look for a free desk. I then quickly looked to my left and gasped. It was empty. He wasn’t going to sit next to me, was he?

The next thing I knew, JaeJoong was walking up the steps to the level my desk was on. LiYin, who was beside me, hit me repeatedly on the arm in excitement. Geez, what happened to Junsu? Did she forget about him already?

When JaeJoong got up to where I was, he squinted his eyes and then grinned. I guess he was confirming the fact that I was in his class. Or rather he was in mine. I watched him with a glare as he stood still and gazed around. He then looked at the empty desk next to me but after a moment, turned away to walk up again.

My heart suddenly sank to my stomach. It must be because I was glad that he didn’t sit there… right?

I kept facing ahead at the chalkboard, not bothering to know where he chose anymore. I was just glad that he wasn’t next to me. But one of the girls in the class squealed and made me turn around. She was screaming because Kim JaeJoong was sitting next to her. I narrowed my eyes at him and he simply waved back with his twiddling fingers and flashed another smile. His seat was directly behind mine.

:: Track 05 ::

Once the bell rang, I quickly gathered my things and sprinted down the steps.

“BoA~ wait up!” I heard LiYin yell as I continued my rushed exit. I didn’t stop speed walking until I was outside of the classroom and leaned against the wall. I was breathing heavily out of anger – and frankly I didn’t even know why I was so angry. I just was and all I understood was that it was that Kim JaeJoong’s fault.

When LiYin came out she looked worried but when I tapped her on the shoulder, she fell back to relief. “I thought you left without me,” she said and dropped her enchanting smile. She rested a hand on my shoulder and pouted. “BoA, are you okay?”

I stuck out my lower lip and shook my head. “I don’t know… I’m feeling really weird.” I blinked when JaeJoong came out of the door and he almost walked away. However, at the last second, he backtracked and turned to face me.

“Looks like we’re new class mate buddies,” he tried to spark a conversation between us and grinned but I averted my gaze. I didn’t feel like looking at him or talking to him either.

“Is this your friend?” Kim JaeJoong asked and he probably waved to LiYin or something. “Hey, I’m JaeJoong.”

LiYin coughed and shook me by the arm. “Um, I-I’m LiYin.” I saw her shadow get close to me and she whispered next to my ear, “BoA~ the plan~”

Oh right, the plan. The nights that I spent at her house, she had told me about how much she liked Junsu. She eventually figured that I could possibly help her out by getting Kim JaeJoong to introduce her to him since they were best friends.

I glanced up a bit just so that I could see LiYin’s face. Her brown eyes were pleading me to ask and I couldn’t turn her down. She was my dearest friend and if she could keep her feelings bottled inside for my sake, so could I.

I cleared my throat and gazed up confidently at Kim JaeJoong. “Yah, what class do you have next?”

He grinned again, apparently happy that I finally talked back to him. “Why? Are you planning to stalk me?”

I narrowed my eyes at him and gritted my teeth. “…No,” I replied as he let out a short laugh. I actually didn’t know why I even asked him that. It had nothing to do with Junsu. But honestly, what was I supposed to ask?

I glanced over at LiYin who nodded her head. Her language was telling me to continue.

“Um…” I began, moving my eyes left and right in thought of what to say.

“Did you finish the homework?” Kim JaeJoong questioned and pulled his book bag up on his shoulder. “Do you know how to read the notes yet?”

My eyes widened and I grasped onto my knapsack. I had totally forgotten about that!
“Oh my god! I left it at home! I didn’t bring it with me when I went to your house, LiYin!” I turned to her to say and she tilted her head. She obviously didn’t know what we were talking about.

I mentally smacked myself on the forehead and then he make ‘tsk tsk’ noises.
“See, I knew you were going to forget, pabo,” Kim JaeJoong told me and ruffled my light brown hair.

“Hey!” I exclaimed and blushed in the face. It really wasn’t like me to miss an assignment but I guess when it came to music I just didn’t pay as much attention. “I-I’ll do it tonight! And I bet you I will remember all of it by tomorrow morning! You can even test me!”

Kim JaeJoong scoffed to the side. “Really? Then what are we going to do today? I’m not going to come over just to watch you memorize.” Aw man, he was right. If I didn’t know how to read the notes, how were we going to start playing anything? God, why did I have to forget?

“Well you don’t have to come over today then! Consider it your day off!” I exclaimed loudly and grabbed onto LiYin’s wrist. “Come on, LiYin. Let’s go to our next class!” I purposely walked in Kim JaeJoong’s direction so that I could brush him off as we passed by.

Who knew that he was smart and that he was going to move aside?

I tripped and nearly landed on my face but that stupid guy caught me just in time…by the … ahem, waist. I mentally sighed at my misfortune. Why did things like this always happen? Like seriously? And worse, that funny feeling was coming back again.

“Yah! Get off of me!” I yelled even when he just saved my life. Not only did he not listen but he even helped me stand back up. When I was balanced again, I quickly pushed him away with all the force from my tiny arms. LiYin was by my side, helping me adjust my skirt right.

Kim JaeJoong laughed and put a hand over his mouth. “You’re so clumsy,” he remarked and that earned him a cold glare. Did he think it was very funny?

“Shut up!” I screamed and was about to storm away.

“Wait,” Kim JaeJoong spoke and I spun around, still glaring at him. I wasn’t amused that he kept on catching me in embarrassing situations and that he kept making fun of me!
“I’m coming over.”

My angry eyes instantly dropped and I gave him a clueless face. But I thought he said –

“I’ll help you memorize. It’d be faster,” he added and then pulled out his phone from his pocket. “I’ve got class in a few minutes. See you later,” he ended the conversation and left.

The things he said always left me dumbfounded. Why was he suddenly being so nice? And why did he actually care about class? That Kim JaeJoong is so confusing. I then felt LiYin shake me again and she moved her head.

“We’ve got to go too,” she told me and I nodded back. We couldn’t risk being late for class! Or at least I couldn’t.

:: Track 06 ::

After our day was over, I let out a long sigh. I was glad that Kim JaeJoong didn’t show up in any more of my classes but I had to hurry home so that I could get started on learning those notes. Just as I was about to walk out of Ongaku, LiYin caught up with me and she was jumping up and down excitedly.

“Omo! BoA! BoA!” she exclaimed as she continued to spazz. She was smiling super widely, which made me smile too.

“Haha, what is it?” I asked without thinking but I should have known. She spun me by the shoulders and I saw Kim JaeJoong and his friend, a.k.a. LiYin’s crush, Junsu. They were both walking through the courtyard with their book bags hanging off their shoulders in the same way. I tilted my head to the side as I stared. They really did have a attractive aura to them.

I continued to look at them as LiYin squealed by my side. Eventually, I widened my eyes when Kim JaeJoong caught me and grinned.

I quickly turned away as I blushed and covered my face with one hand. I hoped that he was just smiling at someone else in front or behind me. It would not be pretty if he really did see me staring at him.

“Yah! Pabo Kwon BoA,” he called and approached me with his teasing smile. He poked me on the head, hoping that I would look up. Pft, like it’d be that easy.

“What?” I asked him in a frustrated sounding voice but kept on focusing on my feet.

He then let out a laugh. “What do you mean what? I need to follow you home, don’t I? Remember? Piano lesson?”

I then glanced up with my hands covering my cheeks, just in case I was still blushing. I nodded at him. “Oh right,” I replied, glad that he didn’t bring up the staring thing. I then looked to his left and saw Junsu standing there. I’ve got to say, he was really cute and on my side, LiYin was totally going red in the face.

“Hi!” he waved with a cheerful look on his face. Heh, he reminded me of LiYin and her bubbly-ness. How funny.
“My name is Kim Junsu. You must be BoA. YoungWoong Hyung has told me a lot about you.”

YoungWoong? Didn’t that mean Hero?
Junsu let out his unique laugh when he caught me with a raised eyebrow. “Sorry, I forget. YoungWoong is what I call him. I’ve been doing it since we were little.”

I put a finger on my lower lip and nodded in understanding. Kim JaeJoong was still grinning and then I saw Junsu fixate his eyes in the direction next to me. Oh! LiYin!

“Um Junsu,” I brought up and linked arms with my best friend. “This is LiYin!” I introduced her and I watched as Junsu waved adorably.

“Hi LiYin, nice to meet you,” he replied and gave her a warm smile. LiYin must have been mesmerized because her lips were quivering. She seemed like she wanted to say something but the words weren’t coming out. I knew what she was feeling – happened to me all the time.

Junsu then cocked his head to the side and shot me a questionable look. “Is she okay?” he asked with a light laugh and pointed at poor LiYin.

“Yeah, she’s just a little nervous. She doesn’t get out much,” I explained but apparently I said the wrong thing because LiYin finally responded and elbowed me in the ribs. I bit my lip from the sudden pain and started to laugh shyly in front of them.

“You girls are interesting,” Junsu remarked and I smiled back at him. He was so sweet unlike the jerk of a monster his ‘Hyung’ was.

“Pabo, I think we should get going,” Kim JaeJoong said and I looked over to him to see him with his palms facing the sky and his eyes gazing up. “Looks like it might rain soon.”

A pang of thunder suddenly striked and I shuddered. I’ve always hated the noise of thunder.

“Are we going by limo?” Kim JaeJoong wondered and that’s when I remembered. When my parents left for Tokyo a few days ago, they freaking took the house staff with them. Kangta the driver wasn’t here in Korea! I didn’t realize because I had been with LiYin!

I pouted with worry and shook my head. How were we going to make it home? On foot? But I was scared of thunder!

“I could give you guys a ride,” Junsu brought up the offer and I wasn’t going to decline. LiYin looked to me with hopeful eyes and smiled.

“Can LiYin come too?” I asked for her and Junsu nodded with a grin. The four of us hurriedly ran to Junsu’s red sports car with our book bags over our heads because the sky started to drizzle.

Ah, for once, I felt like thanking God for making these things happen.