Album No. 27

Play the Keys to My Heart

Album No. 27
∫ Track 01

“J-JaeJoong… I—“

He suddenly slammed on the brakes, making our bodies jerk forward then back within a second. I hit my head on the seat hard and my neck felt like it almost snapped off!

Talk about PAINFUL… and to think that I was just about to make my confession… is this a sign telling me that I shouldn’t? Because it was pretty convincing~

“Are you okay?” JaeJoong asked and I winced at him while rubbing the back of my neck. I heard him take his seatbelt off and opened my eyes fully to see him leaning over, making sure that I was okay. Our eyes met for a brief moment before he quickly bounced back literally and started coughing. His face was reddening again, probably remembering the scene that I couldn’t stop thinking about either.

Can I just say it one more time? Because – we kissed.

Hehe~

“Yeah I’m fine,” I assured him, even though I was kind of hurting but I noticed that we were outside my house already. Ah, I guess I had to tell him next time.

I then squinted my eyes, making sure that I wasn’t just seeing things. “Look. There’s a limo parked in my driveway.”

I glanced back at JaeJoong who gripped the steering wheel and turned away from me.
“Uh, you should go,” he said, giving me the back of his head to look at.

I didn’t really understand the correlation between the limo and me leaving but I slowly reached for my seatbelt, unbuckling it and reached for the door anyway. I was almost saddened by the fact that he wanted me to go but –

“Night,” he said at the last moment right before I closed the door and I smiled.
“Good night.” I then got out and stood on the sidewalk, waiting for him to drive away. However he stayed.

He eventually rolled down the window and shot me a look. “Yah. Go inside already. I don’t want you to get sick from the cold and blame me for it, pabo.”

I beamed even wider, not being able to control the crazy amount of happiness that was building inside. He wanted to make sure that I went inside safely right? Ahhh~ I shook my head. “It’s okay. I want to see you leave first.”

JaeJoong gave me the most obvious WTF-face. Aish, I probably shouldn’t have said that out loud. How embarrassing~ “What’s wrong with you? Go. Inside. Now.”

“You go first, I’ll be okay,” I smiled back at him, covering my cheeks with my palms. Can’t he tell how much I like him?

JaeJoong then let out a frustrated sigh. He rolled up the window halfway. “I’m going to call your house phone in twenty seconds. You better be inside,” he threatened and then shut the window completely. Just as quickly, he drove off onto the road.

Right when he went down the block I raced towards the house smiling wide.
I love his indirect way of showing that he cared.

When I reached the doorstep, I knew my parents or someone had to be home since the living room lights were on.
“Omma! Appa!” I knocked on the door repeatedly. If I took out my keys to open it myself, I know I’d miss JaeJoong’s phone call for sure.

Luckily, my dad answered in about two seconds leaving me with about eight seconds to get to my room.
I rushed in and darted up the stairs blindly, not even taking off my shoes.

3

2

1

Ring~

Just on time.

“H-h-hello?” I panted into the phone – my tongue sticking out to the side.
“Pabo,” JaeJoong scoffed in that airy sweet voice of his and I literally swooned, falling onto my Hello Kitty bed sheets. I couldn’t answer. I was dying from his hotness and still catching my breath.

“Yah, the light turned green. I have to go,” he added and I pouted. I forgot that he still in the car.
“Oh, okay. Um… good night,” I told him, feeling my body grow warm all over. “D-drive home safely!”
“Yeah, I got it. G’night.” Click, and the call ended.

It was probably one of the most pointless phone conversations ever but I couldn’t help feeling stupidly excited.
“Kyaaaa~” I squealed, as I hugged the phone to my chest and flailed my legs.

My bubbly happiness soon came to an end when my mom wailed for my name from downstairs.
“BOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

I jumped up, almost scared of the tone she was using. I then placed my phone back on its little stand and went downstairs to see what else was bugging my mom this time. Which reminded me that I had a score to settle with her about cancelling my JaeJoong-piano lessons! Hmph!

“Yeah Omma,” I said casually with a tinge of attitude but still respectful enough. As I descended the steps, I realized that my parents were not the only ones sitting in the usually empty living room. Wait, was that person there the whole time? When I rushed in and flew upstairs and everything? Geez.

But wait – that back of the head… was oddly familiar… a dark bowl-ish haircut and that navy blue uniform… AH, don’t tell me—!

Yoochun stood up and turned around, giving me a sad smile. Aish, It really was him…
Oh that whole plan to meet me after school thing! He must have been so confused by the way I just left and who knows what Junsu told him! Ergh, I knew I shouldn’t have left it up to him! Darn, what am I supposed to say to Yoochun now? I can’t think under pressure so suddenly!

“Yoo-Yoochun,” I stuttered as I got closer. My first instinct was to apologize. “I am so sorry about today. I—“
“It’s fine,” he said but his face told me that it was anything but that.
“No it is not,” my mom cut in and I hung my head low. I didn’t want to say anything back to her when Yoochun was here. “I can’t believe you BoA. What has gotten into you lately?” As much as I wanted to say something back, I kept quiet.

“I even cancelled your piano lessons so that you would have more time to spend with Yoochun and you go running off doing things on your own—”

I widened my eyes at the fact that she would even mention the words ‘piano lessons’ right now. I thought that he wasn’t supposed to know.

“Omma—!”
“Yoochun knows,” she said firmly and I looked to Yoochun for confirmation. He nodded.
Well, if he knew about them, did he know that JaeJoong was the one teaching me too?

“Besides what was with you rushing up the stairs just now? Didn’t you see Yoochun here? He’s been waiting for you since after school outside. It wasn’t until an hour ago that your father and I got home seeing him standing at our door all alone. Where have you gone to? What were you doing–”

“Omma can I talk to Yoochun in private?” I asked abruptly. Seeing Yoochun look this sad made me feel guiltier than ever. Even if I had my reasons, I shouldn’t have abandoned him without an explanation.
“BoA—”
“Mrs. Kwon, if you don’t mind,” Yoochun said to her. She looked between the both of us and sighed.

“All right…” she gave in and nudged my dad, who hadn’t said a word since I got home. He was always quiet while my mom did all the babbling. I watched as they both retired upstairs and then turned back to Yoochun.

We both sat down across from each other feeling an unnatural tension in the air.

“…Did you really wait at my house for that long?” I asked and he slowly nodded. I felt so bad that he was all by himself in the cold. He could have at least waited in the limo.
“Yoochun, you didn’t have to. All these things that you do – you don’t have to—“

“I know,” he said, giving me his usual smile. “But I wanted to BoA.”
I tucked in my lips and couldn’t have felt worse. Why does he treat me so well?

“Yoochun—”
“So where did you go?” he asked, cutting me off from what I wanted to say. But wait, if he was asking that means Junsu didn’t tell him. Memo to self: don’t kill Junsu.

“I… I went to go find someone…” I told him and felt a weird pressure pushing on my chest. “S-sorry I didn’t have time to tell you.”
“I see. That’s okay but it was weird. You didn’t pick up when I tried calling you,” Yoochun stated and I furrowed my eyebrows. I checked my pocket for my phone and pressed the button to turn it on but it won’t.
“I think my battery died,” I said, giving him another apologetic look. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine,” Yoochun complied and sighed. “I was just worried something bad might have happened to you because Junsu said you had an emergency and then he ran off with LiYin too. So I thought I’d feel better if I waited here to make sure you got home safely.”
“You weren’t the only one…” I mumbled and he leaned his ear in closer.

“Eh?” Yoochun asked and I shook my head quickly.
“Ah, nothing,” I answered and then twiddled my fingers. The environment got quiet again and I sighed. Maybe I should tell him.

“Yoochun—”
“BoA, I really like you,” he suddenly confessed and I choked on the air between us.
I covered my mouth, blinking my eyes rapidly as he sat beside me patting my back.
“Um, are you all right?” Yoochun inquired and I nodded, catching my breath.

I mean, I’ve always known that but to actually hear those words come out of nowhere and from Yoochun himself – it really surprised me.

“…Y-Yoochun, I…”
All of a sudden he put his arms around me and placed my head onto his shoulder.
“I don’t know what I can do anymore to convince you that I really do care about you,” he continued and his voice was getting really sad. Why was he doing this all of a sudden? “BoA, I like you so much. I like you.”

I breathed calmly, taking in the words he was saying. Even when he confesses so passionately like this, the truth is that I can’t accept it.

I slowly broke away from his embrace and stared directly into his eyes. He needs to know.

“Yoochun, I’m… really sorry but…” His face was possibly the saddest face that I ever saw. I closed my eyes gently so that I could push myself to say the rest, “I can’t accept your feelings.” I clenched my fists and exhaled. He has to know.

“The truth is – I like someone else.”
Suddenly everything inside me began to tingle. I couldn’t believe it. I actually said it. I told Yoochun what I’ve been trying to tell him all along. I said it!

I soon opened my eyes and looked at him tenderly. Yoochun stopped all action and stared back at me blankly. He didn’t look that shocked but to say that he was expecting this all along would have been a lie.

I suddenly wanted to tell the world. “He’s... special to me and… I really think I like him. Yoochun, I’m sorry. It’s—”

Yoochun stood up quickly, knocking his leg into the table in between us. It was the first time I saw him look this upset. Even more so than the last time I tried to tell him that our relationship wasn’t going to work out. I guess this time it was really hitting him hard. Even though it’s mean to say, this was good for him – for the both of us. I couldn’t possibly lead him on anymore.

Yoochun gave me one last teary gaze and grabbed his bag, going for the door. Without a ‘bye’ he left and I was baffled.

Did I overdo the whole thing? Was it too soon to tell him that I liked someone else?
Aish… either way, it was too late to take anything back.

“What just happened?” my mom questioned coming down the stairs.
I stood up, racking my brain for an explanation. “Nothing…”
“Where’s Yoochun? Was that him slamming the door?” she asked and I guess I couldn’t hide it.
“Y-yeah,” I told her and combed my hair behind my ear. “He left.”
“Left?” my mom repeated and she was in disbelief. “Why did he leave so fast? What did you talk about?”

“Omma. I’m tired, I have to go to sleep,” I told her and passed her on the steps to go to my room.
“BoA. BoA~” she called but I ignored her. I really didn’t want to talk to her about any Yoochun business right now. She should just be happy that I didn’t bring up her problems.

I went inside my room, locked the door and plopped on my bed. I stared at the ceiling, hugging my Hello Kitty and sighed.
Despite feeling horrible about hurting Yoochun, it was good that he knew the truth now. It was impossible for me to ever get married to him anyway. This, I knew from the start.

I then got up and walked over to the window, moving the curtain to take a peek outside.

Sure enough the limo was gone.
Goodbye… Yoochun.

∫ Track 02

The next day at school I felt nervous about bumping into him. Yoochun probably didn’t want to see me right now and the chances are that we wouldn’t bump into each other anyway but still – the thought just made me nervous.

“Hey kid,” I heard someone call and I jumped at the familiar voice.
I turned around with a hand over my chest. “DongHae!”
DongHae laughed and waved his hands in the air. “BoA! Haha, are we playing the name game or something?”
“No…” I said with a sigh of relief. “You just scared me, as usual. Popping up out of nowhere…”
“Is it just me or do you always say that?” DongHae replied, folding his arms behind his head as we walked across the yard. I didn’t reply. “Hey, you okay?”

I then stopped in my tracks and bit my lower lip. “Well~ kind of~ and kind of not..”
“Ah, something major must have happened then,” DongHae predicted correctly and I curved my lips into an O.
“How’d you know?” I was amazed at his intelligence.
He huffed on his fingernails and brushed them on his jacket. “Skills,” DongHae boasted and then laughed.

“Nah, it’s like I said. You’re just easy to read. Want to tell me about it?” he offered his ear and sat down on a bench. He patted the seat next to him telling me to sit down.
“I can’t. I mean I want to, but I’ve got music history soon,” I told him with a pout.
“Oh right. I remember that time you missed first period and then we almost bumped into scary JaeJoong sunbae-nim,” DongHae recalled and shook his head. “I don’t even want to think about that again.”

I blushed and touched my lips, suddenly remembering yesterday. Okay, I’ll say it just one more time. We kissed~

DongHae then coughed, bringing me back to reality. “Speaking of which, I think you should get going or history will repeat itself again.”
“Huh?” I asked cluelessly, turning around to see JaeJoong shooting daggers out of his eyes. I then looked back to the bench but it was already empty. Further away I could faintly make out DongHae’s figure running off. That guy…

Before I knew it, JaeJoong approached me, grabbing my wrist, and pulled me towards class.
“Y-yah!” I shouted, struggling to get out of his strong grip. “JaeJoong!”
I know that he was angry that I was hanging around DongHae again but he didn’t have to hold me so hard.

“Let go! It hurts!” I shouted.
“You don’t listen to my words, why should I listen to yours?” JaeJoong childishly yelled back and I got mad.
“Yah!” I dug my heels into the floor, trying to stop him from walking. I even hit the back of his hand so that he would let go. Eventually he did.

I stumbled backwards knocking into a huge tree so I didn’t fall. I held my wrist to my chest and rubbed it. Stupid JaeJoong and his stupid muscles.

He walked over with his hands in his pockets and his jaw clenched. I hated to say it but he really looked so cool. Aish~

“W-what?” I spoke up bravely at him and he slapped a hand high on the tree bark behind me. I flinched. He leaned in closer with his eyes glowing with fire. Just as it seemed like he was about to yell at me or do something unexpectedly dramatic, his eyes changed and a shade of dark pink grew under his eyes. He then backed away and started walking off by himself to class.

What’s up with that?

I then gripped onto my knapsack straps and caught up to him. We were going to the same class after all.
“Weird person,” I muttered under my breath and JaeJoong rightfully glared at me. “My wrist still hurts you know,” I said out loud on purpose and then he walked a bit faster, distancing himself away from me.

“Yah~” I called him and ran up to him again. However the closer I tried to get, the further he would step away.
“Don’t get so close! You’re annoying,” JaeJoong then yelled and I caught his reddening face before he turned around and sprinted towards music history. Geez, what was up with him?

∫ Track 03

During class JaeJoong ignored me the entire time, to the point that even LiYin was suspecting that something was strange.

At first I was confused and pissed that he dare call me annoying. But after hearing it replay in my head, I only grew sad at the situation.

I stole a glance at the dummy who looked like he was about to doze off and huffed. Did he really think I was annoying? And to think just yesterday, we kissed. Yah, Kim JaeJoong we shared a kiss!

And what was this deal with him getting mad about DongHae all the time anyway? There must be something about him that he hated a lot but I couldn’t think of something that was possible. DongHae was such a great friend.

Then it must be because he’s jealous. He’s jealous to see me with DongHae but then why does he call me annoying? Arg, he’s annoying! Always keeping me guessing and never clearing it up nor letting me ask the questions. Stupid. Stupid annoying dummy Kim JaeJoong! Why do I even like him?

And I was going to ask DongHae about how I should confess... tch.

I glanced at JaeJoong again, who looked like he was about to fall asleep listening to the lecture. He was leaning his cheek on his fist and his head was tilting to the left. I swear if you paid attention closely, you could hear him snoring, just lightly. Aww, he was adorable- wait no. NO, BoA. Shake out of it. He called you annoying. That’s right. He doesn’t like you, you’re annoying.

I pouted and felt sad again. Aigoo when will all this stop? Ah- it’s so annoying!

∫ Track 04

“DongHae!” I called into the secret basement and I went down the steps. I had let myself in since the door wasn’t locked and I figured that he might be here.

I glanced around and though the space was quite wide, I could tell that he wasn’t here nor was anyone else.
I then gave up and walked back upstairs only to bump into the person I was looking for.

“Hey kid,” he greeted casually with that natural smile of his.
“Oh. I was just looking for you,” I told him as he redirected me back down to the basement.
“I figured that,” he laughed and presented me a plastic bag. “That’s why I got us some food.” Aww, how thoughtful.

“How did you know that I haven’t eaten yet?” I asked as we touched our feet to the smooth wooden ground and threw our book bags to the floor, sitting against the wall in front of the tall mirrors.
“Because this is your lunch period and it’s just three minutes in so it’s not possible,” he reasoned smartly. “I usually have lunch before this but seeing as how I knew that you would come feed off my wisdom, I waited.”

DongHae opened the plastic bag, taking out two boxes of kimbap and two bottles of soy milk.
“Thanks,” I said with a smile as I took the chopsticks and opened the box. It smelled so good.

DongHae immediately stuffed a piece in his mouth and chewed. He seemed hungry. “So LiYin’s got practice again huh?”
“Mhm~” I answered, taking a bite of the kimbap as well.
“That teacher is really taking advantage of her, isn’t she?” DongHae asked and I nodded.
“Yeah well. LiYin is great at the violin and she enjoys it,” I said and drank some of the cold soy milk.

“By the way, how is piano going? I heard that JaeJoong called off the rumors. You okay?” DongHae brought up and I snapped my fingers. I can’t believe how much he has missed.
“Oh my gosh, I have so much to tell you,” I said and started a whole rant about what happened in my life so far.

I filled him in on how Yoochun tried to propose to me, how I tried to let him down gently but he took it the wrong way and decided to chase me ‘seriously’, how JaeJoong suddenly dismissed the rumors which was why I danced my off the other day due to built-up frustration, how my mom wasn’t helping and then she cancelled my piano lessons leading me to ditch Yoochun to find JaeJoong to ask him about them, how JaeJoong got mad at me at first, strangely insisting that I had somewhere else to go but then settled on this whole new piano-tutor exchange, how Mrs. Kim/Ommeoni had me stay for dinner and then had JaeJoong drive me home and then-

“We kissed,” I admitted shyly and DongHae dropped his piece of kimbap on the floor.
“What~?” he exclaimed with an amused expression that showed that he was excited for me. “No way. You and JaeJoong sunbae—” DongHae puckered his lips and made the ‘chu’ sound to teach me.

I nodded with an obvious blush spreading in my cheeks. I could see myself in the mirror and I quickly covered my face.
“Ah it was an accident though~” I argued and DongHae wagged his finger back and forth.
“Nu-uh, It still counts! So what did he say after that?” he questioned curiously and it was funny how interesting this was to him.

“JaeJoong said, ‘Pabo, do you want to die? Put on your seatbelt!’” I mocked and DongHae busted out laughing. He rolled on the floor, holding in his stomach. “Hey, it’s not that funny!”
“Haha, you’re kidding!” DongHae continued to laugh out loud and I scrunched my nose at him.
“No~ he really said that,” I answered with a depressed tone and hung my head down.

DongHae soon stopped laughing. “Okay, okay. That’s just because he was embarrassed and shy about it. You can’t blame him. That’s his personality,” he reasoned and I glanced up.
“That’s what I thought too~ and afterwards he was being all caring and telling me to go inside first and that he was going to call my house in twenty seconds to make sure I was in the house—”

“Wow you sure remember his words very clearly,” DongHae remarked and I smacked him on the leg.
“Stop teasing me~”
“Haha, okay, okay continue.”

“And THEN Yoochun appears out of nowhere at my house and confesses to me AGAIN,” I said and put my hands over my head.
“Damn. That guy has got it bad for you,” DongHae said and I nodded strongly.
“Yeah I know. So I finally… told him,” I stated in a small voice and watched as DongHae widened his eyes.
“No...” he responded, not believing me at first but I nodded. “You told him that you liked JaeJoong?”
“Well I didn’t tell him that it was JaeJoong~ but I did tell him that I liked someone else and that – I can’t accept his feelings,” I said and hearing it myself for the second time made it really sink in.

“Wow, I’ve got to give you props for finally telling him,” DongHae said and punched me very lightly on the arm in a friendly way. “Good job, kid. I’m proud of you.”
“Thanks,” I beamed back at him and shook the bottle of soy milk, realizing that it was done. I must have talked a lot and drank so much to quench my thirst from all the conversation that I didn’t even notice.

“So I don’t get it. What’s the issue now? You told Yoochun the truth already so… are you saying you’re going to confess to JaeJoong sunbae?” DongHae questioned and my face warmed up again.
“Ah, I don’t know. I mean, I thought about it and I was about to say it right after the… kiss… but I just couldn’t. I guess I wasn’t ready but I had been thinking about it…” I said and bit my lip.
“So just do it,” DongHae suggested. “You already mustered up the courage to tell Yoochun how you felt, it shouldn’t be so hard to tell JaeJoong right? You can totally do it. ‘I – like – you – JaeJoong.’ See?”

“Ah but he called me annoying!” I exclaimed and hugged my knees to my chest.
“Really? When?” DongHae asked and I poked my cheek.
“This morning… he saw us together. Then he made me almost fall but good thing I landed against a tree. Then he leaned in close, like an inch away from my face and looked like he was about to give me another lecture or something but then he pulled away looking all weird and called me annoying,” I explained and DongHae abruptly clapped his hands together, making me jump.
“Well that explains it,” DongHae stated. “First of all, he’s jealous.”
“And he told me not to get close to him either,” I added with a frown and DongHae pushed the side of my head with his index finger.

“Geez BoA. How dense can you get? He’s obviously embarrassed,” DongHae told me and I raised my eyebrows at him.
“Embarrassed about what?” I questioned back. “Because he showed his jealousy? What’s there to be embarrassed about? It’s not like I haven’t seen it before.”
“That’s just how he is~ And not only is he embarrassed about being jealous but because he’s probably constantly reminded of your kiss,” DongHae reasoned and I picked up my head, widening my eyes. “That’s the only thing that would explain why he says not to get close to him. Kind of like that time when he got —”

“Ah! Oh my god! Shut up!” I yelled and I inwardly laughed about the thought.
“All right, so do you get it? Are you happy now?” DongHae asked and I smiled widely, nodding.

“Yeah~ thank you for listening and clearing everything up for me,” I said and stood up, giving him a 90-degree bow.
DongHae laughed. “You’re welcome. We should do this more often so I get worshipped more like this.”
I pretended to charge at him and kick him and we both laughed.

DongHae then picked himself off the floor, patting his clothes off. “So all that’s left there to do is to get your man.”
I pushed him on the front of his shoulder, trying not to grin like an idiot. “Shut up~”
“Everyone, Kim JaeJoong is Kwon BoA’s man~” DongHae sang, prancing around the basement in circles.

I chased after him but really with no success.

Hm, the sound of that. JaeJoong? My man? Hehe~ I hope.

∫ Track 05

“JaeJoong!” I shouted and plopped down from the ledge I was standing on after school, surprising him.
“Pabo! What the heck?” he yelled in a husky voice and I knew that I scared him. Haha, his reaction was undeniably cute.
I smiled at him, ear to ear and felt my heart skipping. I held his wrist at arm’s length because he still insisted on staying away from me but I didn’t care.

“JaeJoong… I want to tell you something,” I began shyly and glanced around the campus. No wait. I second guessed myself. I couldn’t do it here~ too many people!

“What?” He asked suspiciously, looking at me from the corners of his dark chocolate eyes. I was just about to answer with a ‘never mind, maybe later’ but then other people started interrupting.

“Omo, BoA and JaeJoong!” Someone exclaimed and we both turned to the source, seeing a random student pointing at us and taking a picture.
“Are you guys back together?” someone else asked and I tucked my lips in, feeling shy in front of them.
“N-no, we’re not,” JaeJoong stated, denying the claims. He pulled his wrist out of my hold and I hate to say it but it made me a little sad. I understand why he said it though – it was the truth.

The other people seemed to reflect my feelings and some shrugged, continuing on their way.

“BoA, JaeJoong!” a voice exclaimed again and I thought I had to feel this sadness again. No~
“YoungWoongie Hyung, BoA!” another voice called and then I knew that that was Junsu. We turned to see them running by and the pair of them looked like they had something exciting to say.

“Guess what?” LiYin told us but I shrugged.
“What?” I asked her back and she grabbed my hands. I winced a little, feeling the pain from JaeJoong pulling me this morning. I tried not to show it.
“Junsu’s parents want to meet me~!” LiYin squealed and bounced up and down.

I smiled for my best friend and gave her a big hug. “That’s so awesome! I’m happy for you, LiYin~ When?”
“Thanks! Next week but you’re coming with so we’ll both be happy!” she announced and I backed away from the embrace, giving her a weird look.
“What? What do you mean?” I asked and she tugged on the back of Junsu’s jacket.

“Su, give it to her,” she told him and he hurriedly dug into his back pack to fetch something.
“Here. I just gave one to YoungWoongie Hyung too,” Junsu said and handed me what looked like an invitation letter.

Even before I opened it, I knew what is was. “Ah~ it’s for your birthday right?” I said as I read the baby blue colored note. “I remember LiYin saying that it was coming up on the 15th.”
LiYin and Junsu exchanged smiles and then JaeJoong spoke up.

“I thought Kim ahjussi didn’t want to throw another big party after your huge sweet sixteen last year,” he said and Junsu shrugged with a sheepish smile on his face.
“I didn’t know either. LiYin and I were figuring out what to do but then my parents decided they wanted to do this so we went with it,” Junsu claimed, hanging an arm around LiYin’s shoulder. “Their idea beat ours so we figured why not.”

“What idea did you have?” I asked innocently and Junsu stuck out his tongue.
“No idea, hehe. That’s why theirs beat ours.”

I giggled. “So I see. Well, this looks fancy,” I told him, flipping the invitation note around. “Is it a fancy party?”
LiYin nodded. “Yup! We’re going to be able to dress up in evening gowns and everything~ it’s going to be fun!”

I nodded. So it was going to be like Ommeoni’s – I mean Mrs. Kim’s – birthday bash. I wonder…
“Ah and the requirement is that you must come with a partner!” LiYin said like she read my mind.
Out of instinct I glanced to JaeJoong but he turned away.

“Oh come on, you two have to go together,” LiYin encouraged but I didn’t know what to say. JaeJoong didn’t look like he wanted to deal with me.

I suddenly felt my feet shuffle against my will and at the same time I noticed Junsu pushing JaeJoong towards me. Eventually we collided into each other awkwardly and I looked up, seeing JaeJoong covering his lips.

So what DongHae said must have been true! He’s still thinking about the kiss right? Heh~
I smiled like a pabo.

“So what do you say Hyung? You’re going to need a partner~” Junsu teased.
“Yeah okay, okay. We’ll go together,” JaeJoong confirmed and I bit my thumb, trying my best to contain my happiness. I don’t even know why it made me this excited. He was only being forced into it.

“It’s not like I’m going to go with some random girl anyway,” he muttered and it made me feel a bit better.
He looked at me, widened his eyes and then covered his mouth again.

Aish, silly Kim JaeJoong~ ♥