The After Story (Summary)/ Epilogue

Play the Keys to My Heart

The After Story

 

After that day, Yoochun never confronted Boa and Jaejoong head on like that again. He thought that by revealing Jaejoong's intentions concerning Boa he could potentially drive Boa away from him. Clearly that didn't happen. Yoochun also sees how well Jaejoong treats her, and he eventually accepts the fact that Boa's heart belongs to Jaejoong, and not to him. He silently gives up on her, though he outwardly vows that he could never give them his true blessings. Yet in his heart he has already forgiven them- they were once after all his closest friends.

 

Boa and Jaejoong on the other hand tried to contact Yoochun to try to talk to him with prepared apologies and everything. But he never came through. They are still holding onto hope that they will get through to him one day.

 

As for other matters, Jaejoong still never truly approved of Boa participating in the dance competition with Donghae but eventually did come to terms with it after seeing how excited she gets about dancing. He watched them practice once and couldn't ever watch again because his nose wouldn't stop bleeding.

Boa and Donghae didn't win the competition in the end, but placed third, which was a great enough accomplishment for them.

 

Boa and Jaejoong go out for a month more before they asked for Boa's parents' blessings. At first, Boa's mom was reluctant to accept them as a couple but after learning Jaejoong's family background, she "gave in."

 

Both Boa and Jaejoong work hard to prepare for the London competition, in which Jaejoong tells Boa that he doesn't need to participate in anymore. Not knowing what his original intentions for participating were, Boa pushes him to do it anyway.

Jaejoong refuses, but after learning that the prize of the competition was a trip to London for not only one, but TWO, he complies with a plan in mind.

Boa works really hard to place in the competition but the other participants were honestly way out of her league. Nevertheless, Jaejoong is proud of her for her determination and bravery. He knew that she couldn't have won -that would take a miracle- but even one of the judges notes to her after the competition was over that she has a unique sound to her piano-playing.

As for Jaejoong, there was no doubt that he was going to win, and with an almost perfect score at that. He claims his first place prize and takes Boa along with him to London.

In London, there is a "mix-up" with the hotel rooms, leaving our couple with just one room and one bed. It is clear that it was Jaejoong's doing but Boa is oblivious to the fact and worries about what might happen in a hotel room with just the two of them.

After Jaejoong performs with the royal orchestra in London, he bumps into his first love Stephanie backstage who was preparing for a ballet recital. They are surprised to see each other again but it appears that they have no hard feelings since so much time has passed since they were last involved with each other. Stephanie confesses that she didn't mean to steal his family's business plans and Jaejoong tells her that he's always believed in her.

Stephanie reveals that Jaejoong was also her first love but she can tell that Jaejoong has now found his true love.

 

Boa had spotted Jaejoong and Stephanie catching up backstage all smiles and ran off to the hotel room to wait for him. When Jaejoong arrives, she seems upset but she wanted to believe that Jaejoong is faithful to her and that his heart didn't change as a result of seeing his old love.

Jaejoong tells Boa that he was really happy to see Stephanie, which puts Boa a little on edge, but finishes his confession with the fact that seeing Stephanie confirmed his feelings for Boa. He tells her that when he saw Stephanie he didn't feel anything like a boy in love anymore. He relays what Stephanie told him- that although Stephanie was his first love, Boa is his true love. They kiss and fall asleep together, cuddling.

The next morning, Jaejoong guides Boa on a fun-filled day trip around the city of London and leads up to some kind of proposal. He tells her that they're too young to get married but he swears that he is sure that one day Boa will be Kim Jaejoong's bride.

Jaejoong reveals to her that he secretly applied to a top music university in New York and that he had been accepted. Upon hearing that news, Boa is distraught that they will be separated for four years, leading her to believe that this was the reason why he made his future marriage proposal. Though she is reluctant to let go of him, she gives Jaejoong her best smile and support because she knows that it's important for him to realize his dream.

Jaejoong seems relieved and hugs her with all his might. He says that he really did find his true love, and makes another proposal.

 

"Boa, will you go to New York with me?"

 

Boa is puzzled because Jaejoong should know that she already plans to go to Seoul National University for education. Jaejoong then reveals to her an acceptance letter to Juliard with Boa's name on it. It turns out that he had also secretly applied for her to Juilard in the department of dance, and she was accepted. Boa throws her arms around her boyfriend, and agrees to go to New York with him.

 

/////////////////////////////

EPILOGUE

Boa and Jaejoong graduate at the top of their classes in New York, and got married soon after. Jaejoong becomes a famous pianist and composer. Boa becomes a valuable dancer in the New York City Ballet. They often have tours all over the world and don't see each other too often. But when they do, they are sickeningly romantic and lovey-dovey with each other.

 

After seven years of living out their dreams on stage, they started a new dream together, settling back in Korea to start a family. Jaejoong regularly has piano concerts nationwide, and often invites Junsu, a now successful musical actor, to join him in piano playing and singing too.

With time Yoochun got over himself and became reunited to his friends (Boa, Jaejoong, Junsu and Liyin) when he was seen attending one of Jaejoong's concerts. In his eyes, Jaejoong was always a worthy rival and an older brother figure. Junsu jokes about the three of them forming a trio named JYJ, but Jaejoong just hits Junsu whenever he brings it up.

 

Boa opens up a private dance school for children in Seoul, where she teaches ballet and pop dance, and Donghae helps out from time to time with hip hop classes when he is not touring with his dance crew, Super Junior.

 

Boa and Jaejoong add a daughter to their family, whom Jaejoong dotes on to death.

 

And so they live happily ever after.

 

The End.