Album No. 22

Play the Keys to My Heart

Album No. 22
:: Prelude ::

“… Be with me,” JaeJoong said and all my nerves rapidly gathered up in chest, making my heart speed up like no other.

Wait a minute.

Was he– confessing?!

:: Track 01 ::

JaeJoong suddenly let go and went over to the couch with an envelope in hand. He sat down, put his legs up on the coffee table and took out an orange invitation.

Uh, what the heck was he doing? Wasn’t he in the middle of asking me to be his girlfriend?
And an orange invitation… that orange invitation… it was…my- HEY!

I ran over and made a grab for what was mine but he pulled his hand away. He held it up high in the air so that I couldn’t reach, even when he was sitting and I was standing up. Sigh, my shortness is saddening.

“So are you going to be with me for this thing?” JaeJoong asked as he waved the invitation card around in the background and it was at that moment my lips curled down and my eyes fell flat. I couldn’t believe it. THAT was what he was asking!? Who-who-who asks things like that? A normal person would just ask ‘are you going with me?’ but no! This Kim JaeJoong! A-A-And that whole hug thing! It was all just to get the letter from out of my pocket?! YAH!

“You ask your questions so strangely!” I shouted at him, trying to hide my embarrassed face. I couldn’t believe that I had thought he’d ask me out for a second. I should have guessed an outcome like this. “Give me back my letter dummy!”

“Wait~ I want to read what Omma wrote,” he said and put it down near his lap. Luckily I took the chance to grab it out of his hands and stuffed it back into the pocket of my uniform blazer.

“It’s private~” I said and stuck my tongue out at him.
“Aw come on pabo just let me read it once~” he whined and extended his hand towards me, clenching and unclenching his fist for the invitation. “What could be so private between you and my mom that I can’t see?”
“Don’t worry about it!” I snapped and then made for the stairs.

“Hey, where you going?” he asked as he stood up from the couch, watching me leave the living room.
“To put this where you can’t find it!” I shouted at him angrily as I stomped up each step.
I noticed that he was walking towards me so I stopped and pointed at him. “Don’t you dare make a move! Stay in the living room!”

JaeJoong then froze and put his hands up in front of him as if he surrendered. He chuckled. “Okay, okay… I’m going to wait for you where the piano’s at. And hurry up all right?”

I huffed as I turned away, sprinting up to my room.

:: Track 02 ::

“Kim JaeJoong is so stupid…” I mumbled to myself as I put the orange envelope on my desk and sat down in front of my vanity mirror.

I looked at how my cheeks were flushing and brought my hands up to rub the apparent redness away.
“I can’t believe I almost fell for that,” I said out loud and let out a long sigh. While staring at my reflection, I squished my small face between my hands.

“Get real BoA,” I whispered even when no one was in the room. “JaeJoong wouldn’t like you… he’s too stupid.”

Then came a knock on my door and I jumped up.

JaeJoong? Uh, didn’t I tell him to stay downstairs?

I walked to the door cautiously and opened it wide enough so that I could peek my head out.

“BoA, what are you doing? Stop playing around.” Ah. So it wasn’t him.
“Omma~” I called and opened the door fully for her to step in. I cleared my mind of my unnecessary thoughts and asked, “What are you doing home so early?”
“Your mother can’t be at her own house without being questioned?” she shot back with a dark smile and sat on the edge of my bed. Her arms were crossed as well as her legs. I didn’t bother to answer. It was obviously one of those rhetorical questions. Gosh, parents.

“Ah so you got the invitation?” she suddenly asked, clearing eyeing the orange envelope on my desk. I quickly stood in front of it, stuffing it behind some things and gave her a nervous laugh.
“Ha… um what are you talking about Omma?” I questioned, pretending that I didn’t know what was going on.
“Stop pretending you don’t know what’s going on,” my mom said. She read my mind. Go figure. “I can see it right there and just because you stand in front of it, doesn’t mean I can’t still see it through the mirror.”

I spun around for a moment and looked at the reflection, feeling like the pabo JaeJoong always calls me.

“So are you planning on attending?” my mom asked with her annoying smile.

Just as I was cooking up an answer, it hit me. How did she know about the Kims’ Thanksgiving dinner? Did she get an invitation too?

“Um… are you planning to go, Omma?” I suddenly questioned without thinking. I almost wanted to take it back but fortunately –
“It’s a free dinner party. I don’t see why not,” she answered, standing up from my bed.

Suddenly it was like the skies cleared and a rainbow formed above my head. “… Really?” I asked with my hands clasped together, hardly able to contain my excitement. She actually said yes! I could actually go to JaeJoong’s dinner and spend Thanksgiving with him!

“Yes dear, and now I am going to head off to practice,” she told me and stopped by the door. “By the way, where is that boy?” My mom looked around the room. “You’re not hiding him in here, are you?”

I dropped my jaw at my mother. “Omma! JaeJoong’s downstairs! I just came up to put something away!”
My mom laughed at me and then left without saying anything else. Good thing JaeJoong wasn’t there to hear this. I’d be embarrassed to death. On the other hand… I’m going to the dinner! I’m going! I’m going! I’m going! YES!

:: Track 03 ::

“JaeJoong! JaeJoong!” I squealed like a little girl as I bumbled down the stairs and dashed into the back of the dining room where the piano was. He was sitting on the bench just like he said he would, reading a familiar-looking piece.

“What are you so excited about?” he deadpanned with a serious face and I breathed out slowly as to calm down.

“I-I’m not excited!” I answered and cleared my throat. “Ahem, I just wanted to tell you that—”
“That you love me?” he shot back as he wrote something on the sheet music with a pencil. “That’s old news, Ms. Pretty Girlfriend. Tell me something that I don’t know.”

As I blushed, I placed my hands on my hips and glared at him. “Hey! That’s not what I wanted to say!”
When he was done writing, he turned to me with a stupidly gorgeous smile. For a minute, JaeJoong seemed like he sparkled. “Oh? Then what is it?”

Ba-dump, ba-dump. Shush, heart.

“Um, I-I could go to… the dinner,” I replied in a small voice. Damn him for being so captivating!
But to my disappointment, JaeJoong furrowed his eyebrows, looking confused. “Oh… seriously?”

I knitted my eyebrows too. “Yeah, why?” He didn’t look too happy about it, or more like he wasn’t expecting that answer.

He soon smiled, contrasting with his previous expression. But somehow it didn’t seem genuine. “Oh, no reason. I was just – surprised.”

I looked at him softly but decided not to ask any further.
“Okay~” I said and sat down next to him on the bench. I stole a glance at the sheet music in front of us and tilted my head to the side. “What’s this?”

“Tch.” JaeJoong then flicked my on the side of my head and I yelped.
“Ow~ what in the world was that for?!” I screamed at him, patting my hurt head.
“You pabo. This is our song for the project,” JaeJoong oh so kindly reminded me. Though he could have done without the violence. “You do realize that we’re supposed to start presenting like in two weeks right?”
I widened my eyes. “Whaaaaaat?”
JaeJoong scoffed and shook his head side to side. “I felt like I said this before but what kind of straight A student are you? And to think that I was going to depend on YOU for an ‘A’.”

I scrunched up my nose and growled at him. “Bite me.”

JaeJoong let out a soft laugh and lifted the cover off of the piano keys. “Ah well, it looks like it’s going to be up to me – the hero – to save this group project,” he said arrogantly as he tilted his head side to side, cracking his neck and then extending his arms to crack his fingers. “Let’s see what you’ve got.”

“Yah what do you mean what I’ve got? Y-you go first,” I insisted since he very well knew that I got – nothing.
He then on his teeth in annoyance and grabbed my hands, placing them on the keys.
“Fine. Let’s go together. Slowly,” he directed and we started.

Luckily it was a short song but even so, it was really difficult! Sigh, I must have messed up thirty times right there.

“Okay, I’m not going to lie. You’ve got some weak spots,” JaeJoong commented and started making markings on the sheet music again. I knew it. “You just got to be careful of your tempo right here, here and here. It’s important for us to be on the same beat and take note of your fingers. Remember that in this section you’ve got to use 1-3-5-4-3-2, got it?”
I nodded my head silently.

“But other than keeping on time and stuff, it isn’t too bad. Also make sure you curve those fingers a bit more and cut your nails would ya?” he told me with a laugh and then knocked me on the head with his fist lightly. I blushed and ran my fingers through my hair. He smiled. “Good job. Let’s keep practicing.”

:: Track 04 ::

Several days flew by and before I knew it, one of the most eventful days had arrived at last. First, JaeJoong and I had to present our piano duet, which I had been totally freaking out about since two nights ago! I’ve been diligently practicing like JaeJoong told me to and I must say that I think I just might be ready!

Second, after school LiYin was going to finally have her fall recital, which she’s only been helping out with and practicing for like a hundred weeks. It was supposed to be held at an earlier time but the first years couldn’t get their piece ready. Rumors are that LiYin became a dictator in place of the violin teacher and tortured them with constant practice the past few days just to get the show on the road. Rumors of course were told by yours truly, Kim Junsu, who stayed everyday to watch and wait for her. Hehe, how cute.

And last but not least, it was the day before Thanksgiving Day! Meaning that after all of today’s jazz, I’d have to prepare for JaeJoong’s dinner party tomorrow!

The strangest thing out of all is that Yoochun hadn’t contacted me for a pretty long while – not that I care all that much but it was weird. He often left me alone for two or three days, but soon after that he’d pop up again and try something on me. The last time I saw him was when he tried to spend my birthday but after I ditched him for *ahem* he didn’t try contacting me since.

Ah well. I guess it was for the better.

“BoA, BoA, BoA~” LiYin called my name when she climbed up to our row in music history class. I was already there, waiting nervously, tapping my foot and drumming my fingers, waiting for stupid JaeJoong to show up before we have to present.

Because of JaeJoong’s reputation of being Ongaku’s number one, we had to go first! Aigoo, shoot me now.

“Are you okay? Are you ready?” she asked me, while looking quite anxious herself.
“I’m so nervous!” I exclaimed putting a hand over my chest. “Yah but why are you looking so jumpy? You already presented and you did great!”

“Yeah, but the fall recital is today!” she exclaimed, shaking her leg in her seat. We both looked like nervous wrecks for sure.
I smiled softly at her and patted her shoulder. “You’re usually not scared about performing. What’s wrong?”

“The FIRST YEARS!” she bursted out and I could hardly contain a laugh. “Those freshmen are so – ugh!” LiYin threw her hands up in the air and puffed. Ha, I should have guessed it. “They have been driving me crazy for the past week. God I just hope they’re going to do fine today!”

“Don’t worry~” I consoled her, leaning my head onto her arm. “I’m sure that your dictatorship has put enough fear into them that they have no choice but to do fine. Better than fine in fact,” I said with a wink and she faced me with a raised eyebrow.

“Who told you about that?” LiYin snapped, pointing her index finger at me and I sat up straight, giving her a nervous giggle.
“One of the first years,” I teased, though it was really her boyfriend.
LiYin gripped her fist and looked like her eyes were on fire. “Ah so they have enough courage to talk behind my back… I swear that when we’re in the practice room again, they’re dead!”

I laughed out loud, feeling a bit relieved. Sadly it only lasted for a second because all the anxiety rushed back into me when JaeJoong walked in. He strolled up to us coolly with one hand in his pocket and the other holding his backpack over his shoulder as usual.

“Sup,” he nodded at us and I made an angry puffy-cheek face.
“Sup? I’ll tell you what’s up! We have to present today dummy!” I yelled at him, giving him a smack on the arm. “And you’re late!”
He tsk-ed and sat back in his chair. “What are you talking about pabo? I’m early by two minutes and plus Ms. Lee isn’t even here yet. Just relax. It’s going to be fine~”

I crossed my arms and stuck out my lower lip at the both of my friends. “I don’t get how you guys do it. You’re so calm when it comes to performing in front of people. It’s not fair.”
LiYin smiled and pat me on the back while JaeJoong leaned in. “Practice makes perfect pabo,” he whispered with a sly grin. “Don’t you worry, with my expertise, we’re so going to get that A pretty girlfriend~”

I stared at him with a wide-eyed expression, feeling the air around me grow warm. Ugh. Teasing me again.
Just then, Ms. Lee came in and JaeJoong, along with all our classmates, stood up for the bow.
“Good morning, Lee Sonsaengnim~” everyone chimed together.
“Yeh,” Ms. Lee acknowledged and set her stuff down by her desk. “Kim JaeJoong and Kwon BoA.”

I perked up at the calling of our names. Why so sudden?
“You two are up. Let’s go,” she announced right away and JaeJoong nudged me.
“Come on pabo,” he said, offering his hand. I stood up feeling my knees buckling and weak already. God! And to think that I thought I was ready. I must have been kidding!

Seeing as to how I wouldn’t move – ahem, COULDN’T move – JaeJoong grabbed my wrist and pulled me forcefully towards the front of the classroom.

I swear I heard a few people gasp and even shriek. What? It’s not like he was holding my hand or anything! Crazy fans.

“Ahem!” JaeJoong cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention. It wouldn’t say it worked perfectly because their attention was already on him anyway. “For our project, BoA and I will perform the piano duet titled 4 Hands Piano. We hope you like it,” he said to the class and gave a wink, killing those fan girls, and even a few fan boys, on the spot.

“BoA~” he whispered in hurried voice and I blinked, turning around to see him mouth ‘get your over here.’ I quickly ran over to hide my embarrassment of looking like a frozen Popsicle in front of everyone and took my seat next to him.

I don’t know what happened but it was suddenly like my mind turned into a blank sheet of paper. Ah, what am I supposed to do?

JaeJoong grumbled and took my hands, placing them in the appropriate positions on the piano. “Must I do everything for you?” he asked and stared directly into my eyes. “Focus. You can do it. You’re ready.”

My heart thumped at how much he believed in me. If he believed in me this much, I’ve got to believe in myself at least a little bit too.

I gave him a firm nod. I’ve got to do this. I’ve got this. “Ready.”

JaeJoong beamed and we both turned to towards the keys, playing our little song.

[The last video I’m going to share of 4 Hands Piano: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWarMtP5V0[/media]
Let’s imagine those hands are BoA and JaeJoong’s :] Kudos to the players in the video! They’re amazing!]

After the last key was played, the room was held in silence for what felt like a century. Eventually the room slowly broke out in to a gradual and pleasant applause.

“YEAH BOA!” I heard LiYin shout amongst the crowd, pulling me back to reality. I couldn’t believe it. Was it over already? Did I really do it?

I gazed amongst all the faces of my classmates and they were smiling. They liked it. They liked our performance. That means that I did it. I really did it. I actually did it?

“We did it,” JaeJoong claimed, as if he heard what I said to myself and corrected me. He let out a short laugh and bumped my shoulder. “Good job, pabo.”

That’s right… We did it!

JaeJoong and I both stood up and stood in front of the class. He held my hand and put up high in the air. Following his cue, we both bowed towards everyone and then returned to our seats shortly.

When we got back to our desks, Ms. Lee adjusted her glasses on her nose. “As expected from Ongaku’s number one,” she said and JaeJoong faced me, wiggling his eyebrow. “And my best student,” she added and I stuck my tongue out at the dummy.

I was glad that I was back on Ms. Lee’s good side but I was still curious as to what our grade was. I looked at her and after she made a mark in her notebook, she gazed at me and said:

“You pass.”

:: Track 05 ::

“YEAH! KIM JAEJOONG PASSED! HE FINALLY PASSED!” JaeJoong shouted to the sky with his fists punched into the air, jumping up and down in the hall.

The entire class was made up of watching the rest of everybody’s presentations – most of which were really impressive and honestly, it never occurred to me how talented Ongaku students were and how much they must practice to do the things that they do. Now that I’ve actually experienced what it meant to be in this place, I admire everyone so much more.

“Seriously, you’ve never passed something before?” LiYin asked as we walked outside after first period, hugging her books in her arms.
JaeJoong put his arms down and gave her a look. “Well I rarely went to class before.”
She shook her head. “That’s true. But you know what passing means in Ms. Lee’s words right?”
I joined in to the conversation with a beam, hanging my arms around both of their shoulders. “It means we got an A+!” I squealed.

“REALLY?!” JaeJoong shouted, turning to me with a cute boyish expression. “I am so awesome!”
He then stared at me with his smiling dark chocolate eyes. “WE are so awesome!” he exclaimed and then picked me up, spinning me around.

“Y-yah!” I squealed, with my legs dangling in mid-air. I really wasn’t expecting him just to carry me like that. I was smiling like mad but man was I getting dizzy and fast.
I locked my arms around his neck and shut my eyes, but that only made the dizziness worse. “I’m going to fall!” I shrieked while giggling and then he placed me down on a ledge, panting as he was grinning over me.

Our faces were so close that we could almost literally feel each other’s happiness flow out, our breaths trying to regain oxygen and our hearts skipping every other beat. It was really, nearly, surely the perfect moment to—

“Oh! Did somebody confess?”
And there was Junsu – and his big mouth.

“Su~” LiYin elbowed him in the ribs and he bent forward holding his tummy in.
“Ah, what did I do?” he asked innocently, fighting the urge to fall over.

I scratched the back of my neck, feeling my body get hot all over. Just stay cool, BoA. Act like it was nothing~

“Tch. W-what are you talking about Junsu?” I asked, half-embarrassed and half-threatening the guy. Much like Yoochun, he simply loved showing up at the wrong places at the wrong times. I almost felt bad when Junsu simply pouted and kept his mouth shut, like he should have done in the first place.

I stole a glance at JaeJoong, who moved back a bit, widening the distance between us. He turned his head to one side to avoid my eyes and it was then that I noticed his ears glow red.

Did he feel it too?
That moment?
Our moment?

“I got to get to class!” he said out loud and grabbed his book bag over his shoulder. Ah, even his face was turning red. Hm, does he – “S-see you guys later.”

I watched as he sped off by himself and then looked back to my friends.

LiYin came close with a smirk and rested her arm over my shoulder. “So~ what was that all about?”
I blinked at her shyly and then hopped off the ledge, letting her arm drop off of mine. “I-I dunno~”

“You two were SO about to kiss!” LiYin exclaimed, pointing in my face again and beaming. “Don’t even try to deny it!”
“Yeah, keywords are ‘about to’ LiYin,” I told her as I walked ahead of them and sighed. “Maybe it would have happened if it wasn’t for some person named Kim Junsu,” I taunted just for fun.

“Oh come on! It so wasn’t my fault!” Junsu shouted back and I had to laugh at his reaction.
“Ah, so you did want to kiss JaeJoong!” LiYin accused and I was suddenly tongue-tied.

I glanced back at my best friend and blushed like crazy. “Do you have to talk so loud?!” I said through my clenched teeth, feeling some intense fangirl stares stab me in the back. “Aish, you two should just get married and make lots of noisy children and then you’ll understand what I’m going through!”

All of a sudden they turned quiet and exchanged timid expressions. Haha, I knew that would cover their mouths. I then smiled at the loud-mouth-and-unable-to-keep-things-to-themselves couple and pranced off to my second class of the day.

Even though we were far from touching lips, an almost-kiss was just as wonderful.

:: Track 06 ::

“BoA… BoA~ Hello~”

I blinked after LiYin waved her hand nonstop in my face and collected myself so I could stop smiling like a doofus.

“Yeah?” I finally responded to her as we were backstage before the fall strings recital and LiYin sighed.
“BoA, I know what you’re thinking about and I’m happy for you but I’m asking you a very serious question here,” LiYin said. I tucked in my lips, hinting a small apologetic look in my eyes.

“Ah sorry, go ahead. I’m all ears,” I told her and she shook my arm.
“Does my outfit look okay?” she asked and I snorted a laugh. She’s too cute sometimes.
“What? Does it look really funny?” LiYin questioned in a worried voice, patting her smooth black dress down in all different places.

“LiYin, you look gorgeous,” I told her with confidence, but for a moment she looked surprised, even emotional.
“Really?” she asked, biting her lip.
“Seriously. Why would I lie? You’re going to be the only one shining in the whole group. Promise,” I told her as she beamed back at me and threw her arms around my shoulder, locking me in a hug.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you~” she said as she picked up her most precious violin and bow. “I’ll see you in the audience?”
“First row,” I winked at her, patting her on the for good luck. “Go break a leg for Junsu!” I called as she trotted away in her 4-inch heels. “Not literally though!” LiYin gave a laugh and disappeared on stage.

:: Track 07 ::

I walked into the Ongaku auditorium, easily spotting the glamorous 2Kim seven feet away from the stage being surrounded by loads of female classmates.

I hated to admit it but I clenched my fist, gritted my teeth and glowered at those hopefuls from a distance.

Oh. Seems like someone’s got to remind them that those two are off-limits.

I stomped over, slamming my feet against the floor as loudly as I could to call attention.

“Hey! The show’s about to start, people. Everyone must get seated,” I told them and even clapped my hands as if I was part of the staff but really there was still about twenty minutes to go. Some girls immediately scurried off, probably because they were scared of me, but a few dared to whine and whimper.

“Yah, just because you’re popular doesn’t mean that you can order us around,” one said with her lollipop stuck in her cheek. Gulp… she looked fierce. Aish, this was not what I was expecting to get into.
“Uh huh, miss popular. Do you think you’re all cool just because you had seven boyfriends?” another taunted and pushed me back on the shoulder.
“Yeah, you think you’re all that?” Push.
“We know what you’re trying to do.” Push.
“JaeJoong and Junsu don’t belong to you.” Push.

I brushed their hands off from me and stood my ground, but I wasn’t going to lie. I was slightly scared. There was five of them and only one me. “Look I’m not trying to –”
Before I could defend myself, JaeJoong suddenly busted out laughing.

“She’s popular? Really?” he mocked in front of the girls, and slowly, one by one, all of them started to laugh too. What? What was going on? “How can this short clumsy pabo be popular?”

I stole a glance at JaeJoong, who didn’t look me in the eye but was pointing and laughing. All of a sudden, it was like my heart dropped to the floor. And I thought… that he would protect me…that he would stand up for me. Junsu then gave him a look, and like me, we did not understand what was going on.

Why did I suddenly feel so low?
I clutched a hand to my chest and feelings of anger and sorrow boiled my blood. I couldn’t control the way my lip started to quiver.

JaeJoong then walked out from being the center of the girls and stood next to me with his hands in his pockets. I stared up at him with dumb tears building up in my eyes.

“Girls, let me ask you, would you consider me to be popular?” JaeJoong asked and the girls nodded encouragingly.
“Of course you are JaeJoong!”
“You’re number one!”
“Ongaku’s pride and joy!”
“You’re the reason of us even going to this school!”
“Ah, yes! We love you!”

He smiled and held up his hands to motion for them to stop their disgusting compliments.

“Well I’d just assume then that whoever I date would be popular too right?” JaeJoong added and the girls exchanged worried looks.
“Well yeah, we suppose so~”
“She must be popular if she’s with you JaeJoong!”
“Ah JaeJoong-sshi, you’re not saying you’re dating someone are you?”
“She must be really pretty and lovable then.”
“Sweet, cute and friendly too!”
“Aigoo, your girlfriend is too lucky~”
“Are you really going out with someone?”
“Who is she?”
“She must be so nice and talented!”
“We’ll respect her as we respect you JaeJoong—”

Out of nowhere, JaeJoong grabbed me by the shoulders and held me close to him with both of us facing the group of fan girls. I gasped and turned to him, seeing his serious face. Even Junsu widened his eyes at the situation.

“Then bow to her,” he commanded and everyone’s expressions changed to confusion. “Right now.” Just as quickly as it fell, my heart picked up off the ground and started beating again. My skin and insides and everything simply grew warm and fuzzy.

“All those things that you mentioned – she is,” JaeJoong told them and gave me a quick glance, but I turned away in shyness and embarrassment. I didn’t hate it but what was he saying? Aish, this dummy… he really knew how to make me feel all funny.

“Yeah, sometimes she may come off as tough, rude, obnoxious, jealous, a total klutz—”
I then dropped my jaw at him and elbowed him where it hurt. He coughed but moved on like it was nothing.

“But she’s the best girlfriend a guy could ever have,” JaeJoong explained hurriedly before I attacked him again but he has no idea what an impact his words have on me.

I put a hand over my mouth, trying to cover up my blushing face.

“She is popular because she is all those things,” he said and then leaned in, touching his lips on my forehead. Oh my god!

“BoA is my pretty girlfriend,” JaeJoong declared to them and secretly winked at me. “Right?”

I pursed my lips and slowly gave him a nod. Even though this wasn’t true, I felt like I wasn’t entirely lying.

“Anyway my point is, don’t ever let me find out that you’re bullying her ever again,” JaeJoong warned, still hugging me close to him. “Or if you don’t like that, then you all can stop your fan girling. The only girl I need is BoA anyway.”

The bunch of fan girls were shocked at how nonchalant JaeJoong was about the whole thing. I bet that they were not only surprised at his confession but because this was a side of JaeJoong that they have never seen before. At once, they all turned their eyes on Junsu, who stared at them like a scared mouse amongst a clutter of wild cats.

With his arm still around my shoulders, JaeJoong dragged me along to sit in our seats for the recital. When we passed the girls, he pulled Junsu by his tie, saving him from the crowd.
“This one’s taken too,” JaeJoong remarked and we got out before things got really out of hand.

:: Track 08 ::

I settled into my seat, being squished in a 2Kim sandwich. JaeJoong finally took his arm off and sighed as he sat back in his chair. Junsu flipped through the program happily and I was still feeling love-nervous.

“Thank god you came over pabo,” JaeJoong said with relief, giving me a casual smile. I didn’t look him in the eye, biting the inside of my cheek, hoping I wouldn’t die of a heart attack. “I didn’t know how I was going to get out of that one without you.”

I shook my foot, tapping my heel on the floor in nervousness. “Um, aren’t you concerned that you won’t have your fan girls anymore?”
“Tch, as if. I’ve wanted to get rid of them since forever,” JaeJoong whispered as the lights dimmed. The show was about to start.

He stretched his arms up and then put one on me again. I jumped at his touch and gulped.
Wasn’t he getting too intimate too quickly? Ah but should I really complain? I stared at his hand and then at his profile. JaeJoong looked at me with such warmth in his eyes.

Then he came close and whispered, “Like I said before, I only need one pretty girlfriend.”

God.

Have I gone to heaven?

:: Track 09 ::

I honestly tried my best to pay attention during the show but my thoughts in one way or another kept floating back to JaeJoong, especially since he was right next to me the whole entire time. Every time I tried to steal a glance at him, he’d catch me and smirk. Darn him.

I did manage to catch LiYin’s solo though, which I must say was absolutely amazingly beautiful. She made me proud to be her best friend and I’m sure that Junsu felt the same way to be her boyfriend too.

When it was over and LiYin came off the stage, Junsu greeted her instantly with her favorite flowers and chocolate.

“You were great,” Junsu told her with a wide smile and gave her a huge bear hug to make it even better.
“Thank you~” LiYin said and squeezed him even tighter. “Did you like it?”
“Loved it,” Junsu answered and patted her on the head affectionately. They were so sweet.

“I must say you were really impressive,” JaeJoong commented, giving her a light encouraging punch to the arm. A guy thing, I suppose.
“Thanks,” LiYin beamed and then she faced me with a hopeful look. “BoA? How was it?”

I held her hands, smiling at her. Like she even had to ask. “Your best performance yet,” I complimented and she embraced me with a squeal.
“Ah, thank you so much! You have no idea what that means to me!” LiYin replied and we rocked left and right on our heels in the hug. I’m so happy that everything went right for her.

“No problem,” I smiled to her when we stood back to normal.
“Not to ruin this whole happy-happy thing but it’s kind of late,” JaeJoong reminded us and we all exchanged looks.

“But Hyung, shouldn’t we at least go out to celebrate for LiYin?” Junsu seemed to plead with his puppy eyes and I couldn’t agree more.
JaeJoong squeezed Junsu’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, we can all do that tomorrow at my family’s dinner,” he said with a smile which again reminded me that I needed to prepare for that!
“Oh yeah~” Junsu said and then faced LiYin. “You’re going to be with me for that right?”

My eyes fell flat and I couldn’t believe he just asked that. Did these awkward phrases only exist within the Kim family or something?

LiYin nodded. “Mhm! I can’t wait~”

“Well okay then. It’s all set. We’ll sleep tonight, party tomorrow. Let’s go home!” JaeJoong exclaimed, and we all went along.

:: Track 10 ::

Finally it was the night of the Thanksgiving Dinner and I couldn’t have been more excited! I had my elegant white dress on, my hair done in wavy curls, my sparkling accessories in place and my pretty shoes on my feet two hours before my parents and I were to leave.

Gosh. I still couldn’t believe that my mom had agreed to this. Ah, I’m so excited! I can’t wait!

“You’re ready already?” my mom asked with marvel as she entered my room. I was just finished with powdering my nose and hopped up from my seat.
“Yep! Are we going yet, Omma?” I questioned happily, holding her hands softly with my own.
She gave me a gentle smile and moved a strand of hair from my face. “I don’t know why you are so thrilled about this but… I’m glad to see you this beautiful and happy, dear.”

I blushed a little and beamed back at my mother. “Thanks, Omma.” She patted me on the cheek and I tilted my head into her palm. “So, are we going yet?”
“BoA, we still have two hours. Be patient, I still need to get dressed~” she told me with a short laugh and then spun around to leave my bedroom. “Be downstairs in a bit, okay?”
I nodded and then sat back on my chair in front of my makeup table. I stared at my reflection and let out a girlish giggle.

Tonight will have to be the best night of my life.
Maybe if I’m lucky, something good – extremely good – might just happen.

:: Track 11 ::

“Oh honey, you look beautiful,” my dad told me when I came down the stairs and pecked me on the forehead.
“Thanks dad,” I said and smiled with my dimples showing. “Not too shabby yourself,” I commented, flapping the collars of his sleek black suit.
He gave a chuckle and then patted me on the head. “Let’s get going.”



About thirty minutes later, we reached the outside of a grand, classy venue. The building looked exquisite and the exterior was decorated with elaborate ornaments and details. Gold and silver balloons circulated the place and the fountains were simply admirable. What looked like a hundred people were out in the open, enjoying the fresh air, chatting with expensive drinks in their hands and sitting near the lush grass. If the outside was this fascinating, I couldn’t imagine how wonderful it was going to look inside.

I eyed the crowd as we drove up to the valet, trying to spot my friends and well, JaeJoong of course since it is his family dinner after all. Cough, cough*

We soon got out of our limousine and I clicked my heels around, searching for those familiar faces.
“BoA, stay close. We don’t want you to get lost sweetie,” my mom said and grabbed hold of my forearm.
“It’s okay Omma. I want to go find LiYin,” I told her and she quickly furrowed her eyebrows.

“LiYin? She’s coming to the dinner?” my mom asked me and I slowly nodded.
“Why? Is there something wrong? She knows JaeJoong too,” I said and my mother looked even more dazzled.
“I don’t understand BoA,” my father joined in. “What does knowing JaeJoong have to do with all of this?”

I opened my mouth but was at a short loss of what to say. “Um… mom, dad. Isn’t this—”
“Hello BoA.”
I spun around and saw the last person that I wanted to see here.

“Oh hello Yoochun~ my you look dapper tonight. Where are your parents?” my mom said to him and he smiled back politely.
“You both look great, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon. My parents are over there greeting the Yoo family,” Yoochun answered, pointing the way.
“Oh great. We will say hello. Stay with BoA, will you Yoochun dear?” Omma said as she left with my Appa. Yoochun nodded in response. “Thank you very much. Have fun kids!”

“Yoochun, what’s going on? What are you doing here?” I asked him, trying to keep my head cool.
He gave me an unnecessary laugh and explained. “This is my family’s Thanksgiving dinner party, silly. Why won’t I be here?”

Um.



What!?