Album No. 23

Play the Keys to My Heart

Album No. 23
∫ Track 01

How was this possible?

“Um, Yoochun… was the invitation to this party by any chance… orange?” I asked, thinking that it was the only link to this whole misunderstanding.

He slowly nodded looking half-confused and half-amused. “Yes it was. Why?”

NO WONDER!

Yoochun chuckled. “I thought you would have read it since you came to the party.”
I smiled nervously and tucked my lips in. “Y-yeah, never mind. Silly question.”

I should have known.

What had probably happened was that my mom thought that my JaeJoong invitation was a Yoochun invitation, which is why she agreed to go to the dinner party in the first place. Now it all makes sense.

“By the way BoA. I have a surprise event that I prepared for you so—”
RING~ RING~ it was my cell phone.
“Ah, sorry Yoochun, I’ve got to take this,” I said and quickly walked away to a quieter place.

Without looking at the caller ID, I answered.
“Hello?”
“Pabo-yah~! Are you on your way?" JaeJoong’s voice played into my ear and tingles ran up my spine. Isn’t it sad that even now he still affects me this way? “Hey-yo, are you there?”
“Oh,” I muttered and looked around to check if anyone was nearby. When I was sure the coast was clear, I explained.

“JaeJoong,” I said in a serious voice, trying my best to speak to him normally as I could. “I… I don’t think I can make it.”

It didn’t seem to make sense but I thought I heard him laugh.
“Stop kidding around BoA,” JaeJoong said, making me even sadder that he didn’t believe me. “Are you trying to reenact what I did on your birthday? It’s not funny the second time around.”

“No, no~ I’m not,” I replied but trust me; I wished I was kidding too. “…My parents decided that they wanted to drag me off to another party.” I then paused to see what he would say but all I could hear was his gentle breathing. “I’m really sorry JaeJoong~ I really wanted to go to—” CLICK.

“Uh. J-JaeJoong? Hello? Hello?”

I can’t believe it. He hung up on me.

Oh god.

Just as I was thinking about if I should call him again, Yoochun appeared. I hurriedly put my phone away in my purse.
“Is everything okay?” he asked, handing me a drink. “Did something happen?”

Yeah Yoochun. I’m here playing around with you instead of spending the holiday with my pretty boyfriend. That’s what’s happening.

I stared at him, with my fist clenched by my side, almost letting out what my heart really felt but—I stopped. I can’t be like this to him. Yoochun wasn’t the one who caused this. It was my stupid mistake to believe that my parents would actually go to a Kim family Thanksgiving Dinner. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I can only hope that JaeJoong will accept my apology later.

I forced a smile and accepted the sparkling apple cider Yoochun offered. “I’m fine.”
He beamed back. “Oh. Good,” he said and then started to walk me across the courtyard. We walked on the grass and I could hear the crispiness of it crunch under our feet.

“I’m really happy that you showed up BoA. I was surprised to hear that you were excited about tonight.” Geez. My parents must have told him that – never mind, it was probably just my mom.

“Oh? Oh yeah… I was,” I lied, not wanting to make him feel bad. “It’s been a while since we’ve hung out, you know.” It really amazed me at how I can still smile at a time like this.

Yoochun scratched the back of his head shyly. “I’m sorry. I’m always coming and going—”
“Don’t worry, I get it. You’re a busy guy,” I said nicely, which was a true statement.

Yoochun smiled bashfully at me. “You’re always so understanding. I really like that about you.”
I faced him and blinked a few times. It was a very DongHae-like thing to say. He then covered his eyes in embarrassment.
“S-sorry. I shouldn’t say things so directly. It’s rude, isn’t it?” he said, avoiding my gaze.

Ah well, I was used to it.

I even laughed a little. Aish~ might as well try to have a decent time since I can’t get out of this place. Yoochun deserved at least that much.
“It’s not rude~” I even laughed a little at how upset he at himself he was. “You know, you don’t have to apologize for every little thing. I’m okay, really.”

“You sure?” he asked, peeking an eye out from behind his hands. “I just don’t feel right if I don’t say sorry. I don’t want you to think that I’m a bad person.”

“You aren’t,” I told him genuinely. “Besides, we’re friends aren’t we? Friends don’t say sorry in every other sentence to each other. Just… relax. Be cool.”

Yoochun eventually dropped his hand from his face and slowly grinned. “Okay… I’ll try my best.”
I couldn’t help but laugh at his innocence.

“So what were you saying before?” I brought up, for a lack of a better topic of conversation.
“Before…?” Yoochun asked and I never noticed how clueless he really was.
“Yeah. Before my phone went off,” I reminded him and he made an expression of realization.
“Oh yes. I have… a surprise event for you later,” he repeated and I tilted my head to the side.
“A surprise?” I asked. Now this I was a bit curious of.
Yoochun’s face suddenly reddened and he smiled timidly as he always does.

“You’ll see.”

∫ Track 02

I tried my best to carry on the conversation but really there weren’t many words to exchange with Yoochun. It’s ironic but I wish that I had more to say so at least our friendship didn’t have so many awkward moments.

We soon went inside the venue and sat down at one of the main tables. We started the eight-part dinner course and only said about three lines between the both of us.

Sigh, I’d even rather have something to bicker about with him then to sit and say nothing at all. Smiling at each other awkwardly is just so – awkward.

My phone vibrated in my purse and immediately stopped sipping my soup to check who texted me.

[BoA! I can’t believe that you’re not coming to the dinner! Do you know how mad JAEJOONG is?]

My eyes fell flat and I shook my head. That LiYin. She really knows how to get me.
“Sorry.” I excused myself from the table and texted back outside the hall:

[Trust me, I’m just as shocked as you are. You know I didn’t plan this! So, is he really mad? TT]

[Actually… he seems fine.]

My eyes flattened and I didn’t know whether to be relieved or disappointed.

LiYin then sent me a second message:

[He did seem kind of sad before though. I know JAEJOONG really wishes you were here.]

Sigh, I wish I were there too.

[Thanks for keeping me updated. Talk to you later?]

[Yeah, ttyl and have fun with “Y” ;P]

I let out a short laugh at LiYin’s last text. Even she could figure out that I was with Yoochun.
… Huh. This makes me wonder. Did JaeJoong figure that out too?

“Sweetie, everyone is looking for you,” my dad came by, beckoning for me to go back to the tables.
“Me? Why?” I asked as we returned to the dining hall and the moment I walked in, I could feel a million eyes staring at me. Unexpectedly, Yoochun was already waiting right at the entrance with his hand held out but his eyes were clearly avoiding mine.

And clearly I was unable to refuse his offer. I slowly placed my hand in his and he smiled, joyfully dragging me along to a stage-like structure.

Was this the surprise he was talking about?

When we stood in front of everyone on stage, he spoke into a microphone: “Dear family, friends and honored guests. I’d like to introduce to you all to my…” Yoochun paused and gave me a gentle look. “My f—”

Oh god, don’t tell me that he’s going to say fiancée. Don’t say fiancée, don’t say fiancée!

“My friend BoA…” Phew. He had me there.

I then gazed at Yoochun as he continued his speech. “Um, it was her birthday a while ago but I never got the chance to personally wish her a happy birthday and present to her a gift,” he announced in a surprisingly steady voice and a person that looked very much like a butler who was probably a butler came out holding a cushion with a small black box sitting on top of it.

I watched when the butler person approached us and Yoochun took the box from him. He opened it and revealed a heart-shaped silver necklace. I must say that it looked really beautiful, but I touched my chest and felt my treble clef necklace already there. Yes, it was the one from JaeJoong. I hadn’t taken it off since I put it on.

“BoA, can you do me the honor of letting me put this on for you?” Yoochun asked softly with a coy smile and I almost couldn’t refuse.

I moved the microphone away from our faces and I whispered to him, “I’m already wearing something though, it’s okay.” I put my palms out to receive the necklace in my hands.
To my surprise he shook his head. “That’s fine. I can just take that one off and put this one on for you. It’s not a problem.”

I then held the treble clef pendant to my chest and backed away from him. “Um, it’s okay really~” I told him but Yoochun then took a few steps toward me.
“It’s no big deal,” he insisted, which started to kind of piss me off but I couldn’t show it in front of all these people. That would only trouble things for the both of us.

I played with the treble clef pendant in my fingers and looked to the crowd.

I guess I have no choice.

I stared back at Yoochun and he started to look worried. “I-I’ll take the necklace off myself,” I said and very really reluctantly did. Sorry JaeJoong. It will only be for a few minutes… I hope.

Yoochun gave me a goofy grin and then I turned around so that he could put his necklace for me.
Once it was on, the room filled with applause, just like yesterday when JaeJoong and I performed, but the feeling – this feeling – is so different. This is painful and embarrassing. Ugh.

“Thank you,” Yoochun quickly said into the mic with his childish smile and then held my hand to drag me off stage.

I widened at my eyes at how tightly he was holding me and even more surprised that he was still doing so when we went back to our table.

“Aww, you both make such a good couple,” my mom jeered when she saw us.

HEY. Why are our hands still intertwined?!

I tried to somehow shake Yoochun off but I think he drank too much happy juice and didn’t even notice what I was trying to do, only holding on tighter.

“Thank you, Mrs. Kwon,” he said and I so badly wanted to roll my eyes. Yoochun! I said that we could be friends, man! This is going a little bit overboard…

My mom nodded approvingly and as she smiled she whispered into my ear.
“Stop fidgeting dear, you look like you have a problem.”

I parted my lips and glared at my mom. I do not! However THIS was a problem.

I then stopped trying to escape and let him harass my poor, poor hand.
JaeJoong doesn’t even hold me like this…

“I’m glad that everything went well tonight,” Mrs. Park remarked and I simply smiled, hoping that she didn’t catch me death-glare her son.
“Do you like the gift that Yoochun picked out?” Mr. Park asked me, catching me by surprise.
“Oh um, yeah,” I said but they didn’t look convinced. I smiled extra-prettily for them and held the pendant with my FREE hand. “It’s perfect.”

Yoochun then beamed like a kid that was just given a huge rainbow-colored lollipop. He scratched the back of his head and glanced at me. “I’m happy you like it.”

“Keep it on forever then~!” Mrs. Park joked with a laugh but something about her face seemed serious. I awkwardly laughed along and in the process tried to shake my hand away again.

Aish.

Shake.
Shake.
Shake.

Why doesn’t this work?!

∫ Track 03

Soon enough, the party was pretty much over and people started to flood out of the place in waves.

“Thank you so much, Mr. and Mrs. Park,” my father said to Yoochun’s parents as we waited for our ride to show up. “Our family had a great time.”
“Yes~ thank you very much for having us,” Omma added and I nodded along with her respectfully.

“Yoochun and us were happy to have you,” Mr. Park said, gently pulling Yoochun to their side, which finally freed my hand from his grasp. HA! I never thought I’d say this but thank you Mr. Park~

“We should have more meetings and dinners like this since we will soon be family,” Mrs. Park commented and I cringed on the inside.
The parents all laughed heartedly together and Yoochun passed me a shy, embarrassed look but I could tell he seemed happy about that. My eye twitched.

“Anyway we should get going~” I said, breaking up the warm exchange fest when the driver pulled up. “Good night everyone!” I turned to the car, fiddling with the door so that I could jump in.

“Wait BoA—” I spun around at Yoochun’s call and unexpectedly ended up in his arms.
“Oof!” I muttered and I stared around wide-eyed at the fact that Yoochun was hugging me. What was with all this bravery all of a sudden?

“Aww~” the mothers cooed and I felt sick, like really sick. I’m sorry Yoochun. I do not plan on returning the embrace. He soon let me go, probably feeling how tense I was. I didn’t know what to say, how to react nor could I look into his eyes.

I noticed that he frowned a little but what can I do? I couldn’t force a smile anymore.

“Miss, are you ready?” the driver said and I turned around, quickly nodding. I needed to get out of here and simply hopped in to the car without another word.

∫ Track 04

Luckily my parents didn’t seem to notice the awkwardness at the end of the night. I think it must have only been Yoochun who sensed it. The adults probably took it as me being embarrassed and good thing too.

I stared out the window on our ride home as my parents chatted together about the random events that went on during the party. As I tuned out their voices, I thought about how Yoochun was actually being really nice to me but in return, I am like this to him.

It’s not like I don’t want to like him but – I just can’t. Trust me, I’ve tried – many times in the past. But we’ve known each other for so long, been in each other’s companies for so many years and we can barely have a comfortable conversation. What’s with that?

And now I have JaeJoong… and I really, really like him. But with this engagement thing and stuff, can I really run away and be with him?

I closed my eyes and shook my head. All these things were making my head hurt.
I pulled out my phone, flipped it open and stared at the call log. JaeJoong… I guess I should at least call him and try to apologize first. He’s probably going to yell at me but at least, I can hear his voice.

Just as I was about to press send, a call came in. I answered it with curiosity. “LiYin?”
“Yeah, it’s me!” she exclaimed and I had to hold my phone from my ear for a moment. “Where are you? Are you still at that party?”

“No, I’m going home now,” I told her and raised an eyebrow. “Why? How’s everything over there?”
“Oh nothing much, still going on. We’re good. It’s just that JaeJoong is missing—”
“WHAT?” I shouted and my parents suddenly stopped talking and stared at me like I grew horns.

I calmed down a bit and whispered with my hand over the phone. “What do you mean by ‘he’s missing?’”
LiYin giggled as if she wasn’t worried at all. “I think you’ll find out soon~” she sang and then hung up the phone.
“What? LiYin. LiYin!” I spoke into the phone but it was too late.

I’ll find out soon?

The car then pulled up to our house and oh my god. Soon was REALLY soon.

“JaeJoong,” I muttered under my breath and immediately got out of the car. I walked up to his dark figure standing right near the gate, holding a helmet in his left hand.

My parents were close behind me but once they were assured that the guy was JaeJoong, they walked on by to give us time alone. I ignored my mom’s last second glare.

Staring up at JaeJoong in his handsome suit, I didn’t even try to hide the fact that my heart was smiling wide. “…Hi,” I said but he only glared at me quietly and poker-faced with those dark brown eyes. “Wha-what are you doing here?”

Not only did he not answer my question but he didn’t even blink, only staring at me like he wanted to burn a hole in my forehead. Did he not hear me correctly? Or was he just pretending not to hear me correctly?

“Oh… I guess you’re mad about me not showing up,” I stated, like a genius. I then bowed at a 90-degree angle to apologize. “I’m really sorry about that! I didn’t know that my parents would misunderstand.”

Again I was met with silence but fortunately it was brief. I heard JaeJoong scoff so I instantly picked up my head to see his reaction. His head was turned away slightly, showing his perfect profile. Ah~ he really is every girl’s dream.

“I know… It’s not your fault,” he answered and then placed a hand on my head. Yeah. Bring on the butterflies~

JaeJoong let out a long sigh, putting his hand back in his pocket. “It’s obvious that the pabo was fooled.”

I guess I’d usually fire up at that kind of comment but tonight I just laughed. I was just happy that he wasn’t mad.

Then it was quiet for a long moment. When I looked up again, his face was right in front of mine, making my heart jump out of my chest. At the same time, I didn’t pull away – I didn’t want to and surprisingly, he didn’t either. He just kept on staring at me. These are the moments when one wonders if there is something disgusting and ugly on one’s face. I hope not!

“Y-yah, shouldn’t you be at your party? What are you doing here?” I smacked him a little playfully on the shoulder, trying to act as normal as I can. He only raised his eyebrow at me.

“Tch. It’s over, duh,” JaeJoong answered and then leaned back on the gate, putting his hand in his pocket. Hm, was it really? That’s not what LiYin said…

“I came by to think of a punishment for you.”
Huh? A punishment? I repeated in my mind and made a sour face. “What? Why~? It’s not my fault that—”

JaeJoong then threw his hand over my mouth, not letting me finish my sentence. His dark chocolate eyes peered deep into mine but again I couldn’t read them.

He soon softly smiled and covered my eyes too. Then I felt his hand push more firmly on my mouth for a second and if I wasn’t mistaken, I heard a chu~ sound. D-did he just indirectly kiss me through his hand? KYA~!

After a minute, although I couldn’t see him, I could feel him move near my ear.

“Can I have you?” he whispered in a hot breathy voice and my insides tingled. Oh my god~

Then he took both his hands off of me and pulled out a sheet of paper from his pocket, handing it to me. “Seriously. Can I have you do my homework for me? I don’t get it, so I made it part of your punishment,” JaeJoong smiled cheekily, trying to push the assignment towards me.

“NO,” I yelled back, heating up in the ears with embarrassment that I misread his meaning – yet again. Damn him and his bizarre way of saying things!

JaeJoong rolled his eyes and then pulled more sheets of paper from behind his back. Were those there the whole time? I stole a glance at what it was and it was music.

“FINE, I knew you’d say no so do this. This is your real punishment. Figure out and label all of these notes by tomorrow – or else,” he threatened.

“What?! What is this?” I asked, staring wide-eyed at the papers. “This is going to take me the whole night!”

“Then you can tell people ‘JaeJoong kept me up the whole night,’” he teased with a wink. Ah, heart attack! I smacked him with the roll of sheet music and he laughed.

“Hey! Be careful with it! It’s our next piece,” he explained after poking my flustered face and pointed to the title on top of the composition.

“…River flows in you,” I read aloud and JaeJoong nodded.
“Yup, it’s a nice one. Might be tough for you but at least it’s repetitive and it’ll be good practice,” he said. “So there you go. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

What, that’s it? I wondered but I suddenly blushed at the thought of being able to see him so soon – ah tomorrow~ God, what is the matter with me?

JaeJoong walked away, swinging his helmet in hand but at the last moment he turned around.
“Remember,” he said in a firm voice, pointing in my direction. “Or else.”

I tsk-ed and gave him an annoyed face. “Oh just go home and sleep!”

So that we can both wake up soon and see each other tomorrow ASAP!

JaeJoong laughed, shaking his head. “Good night, pabo!”
I gave him a small wave, whispering “…’Night.”

∫ Track 05

After JaeJoong left, I went inside seeing my mom sitting on the sofa, staring at me with crossed arms. She kind of looked like she was going to scold me, except for the fact that she had a creepy smile on her face.

“So~” she started with a light and overly happy voice. “What were you and JaeJoong talking about for twelve minutes?”

Oh my god. She counted?

“Omma~” I whined, hoping that she would cut the conversation. “It’s nothing. Look, he just wanted to give me homework.” I showed her the piece that we were going to play.

“Giving you your homework takes him that long?” she asked, still smiling in her eerie way.
“Omma, stop it. JaeJoong’s just – a friend,” I told her, wanting to escape upstairs already. I still needed to shower, change and do my punishment assignment–

“For once I’m actually worried,” my mom admitted and I turned to her with a confused face.
“What?” I asked and she sighed, letting go of her smile.
“I think you might seriously like this boy,” she continued and I only warmed up like crazy in the face.

At first, I tried to deny it. “What? What are you talking about? I—”
My mom held up a hand, quickly quieting me. “No need to lie, BoA. I’m your mother, I can tell.” She paused to sigh. “None of this worried me before but I feel like… like JaeJoong is something else. He’s not like your other playboys—”
“He’s not a playboy,” I argued and my mom gaped at my defensiveness.
“See? I knew it,” she said and I turned the other way so that she couldn’t make fun of me about blushing. “I knew that you had feelings for that boy.”

“Well I did try to kind of tell you this before but you didn’t listen,” I turned the tables and admitted. “You don’t believe me when I say that I don’t like Yoo—”

“BoA, what’s not to like about Yoochun?” my mom dared to question and I huffed in amazement at how stubborn she could be. She knows the truth and yet she’s still trying to push me in the opposite direction.

“Omma! I just don’t like him, okay?” I shouted at her and shook my head furiously. “I don’t get it! Why do you always have to push me towards him? Why do I have to marry him? Why Yoochun? The one I like – you know the one I like is JaeJoong! I like JaeJoong, mom. I really, really like him!” I confessed, breathing heavily out of anger at the same time. It was an unexpected intense moment and we both didn’t say anything for a while just to calm down. I was even surprised at myself.

I eventually sat near my mom and held her arm. “…Omma, I’m sorry but – I can’t like Yoochun. I’ve tried and I really can’t… I think – I think JaeJoong might be—”

“Stop talking about that JaeJoong,” my mom said straight-faced, in an almost emotionless tone but I could feel her disappointment.
“Why? What is wrong with him? Why can’t it be JaeJoong?” I defended and I watched as my mom closed her eyes softly and sighed.

She then faced me, staring at me straight in the eye. “Is JaeJoong the son of your parents’ boss?”
I frowned, knowing what she was trying to get at and slowly shook my head side to side.

“Is JaeJoong the one who has liked you since you were kids? Is JaeJoong the one who asked your parents for your hand in marriage? Is JaeJoong the one who is hopelessly in love with you? The one who stayed loyal to you for all these years and wants to have a future with you? Who has proven to us, your parents, that he is able to take care of you?”

“…” I simply looked to the floor and didn’t answer. Yes, this was all true for Yoochun but what good is it if I don’t have feelings for him? Would Yoochun be satisfied with a one-sided love? God. What am I thinking? Even if he was, I wouldn’t want to marry him!

I stood up, biting my lip. “But what about my feelings, Omma? What about what I want?” I asked and she only looked on as I continued. “I’m not going to be happy if I marry him having only these kinds of simple feelings for him. I’m not! Doesn’t that matter to you?”

Still she only stared.

“I’m your daughter, Omma. You should be wishing for my happiness, not for someone else’s. I mean I get it. I get that he’s been faithful to me and that he’s a reliable person but—that’s not all that matters! It takes two people to be in a relationship, Omma. It takes two people to like each other—!”

“Then does JaeJoong like you?” my mom said and she got me there. “Will he make you happy? Will he marry you?” I thought about it for a while before I gave a logical answer.

“I-I don’t know! But it doesn’t even matter Omma! If it’s not JaeJoong, then it can be someone else!” Though that is very highly unlikely.

“I just know that it isn’t Yoochun!” I shouted in anger and my mom too stood up in haste.

“Fine, do whatever you want. I don’t care,” my mom said in such a dark voice that I was even a bit scared. She’s never been like this to me before. “But I’m letting you know that I’m not calling off the marriage.”

We were back to square one, but at least she isn’t preventing me from seeing JaeJoong and still this will buy me more time. I just need some more time to convince them that JaeJoong could be the one – that JaeJoong IS the one.

I watched silently as my mom walked to the stairs. I soon murmured “… Thank you.”

But she didn’t look at me.

∫ Track 06

The next few days were tense between my mom and I but it wasn’t like we were mad at each other, just not happy-happy to be in each other’s company if you get what I mean.

However, JaeJoong and I were fine, which makes my life a whole lot better. He’s been trying to teach me River Flows In You and while I’m still confused about a lot of things, I must say that I really love the song. JaeJoong even played the whole thing for me after I did some cute expressions for him and his rendition really inspired me to take the challenge on. I hope that I can practice and work hard to play it as well as him one day.

… Yeah, that’s pretty impossible, but a girl can hope!

Before I knew it, we were back to school on Monday and I couldn’t have felt more out of place.

As I was walking to school and got close to the Ongaku campus grounds, all I could see, hear and feel is a ton of people staring and glaring at me, at the same talking and whispering in front of me and practically gluing their eyes on me, not even blinking twice.

Honestly, what the heck happened?
Did someone die and I’m the last one to find out?
Scratch that, I hope not!

“If it isn’t the talk of the school, as always.” I heard a familiar voice and saw DongHae and his friends walking towards me. It was the first time I’ve seen them in a group at school, which was interesting but what was more interesting was what Eunhyuk said.

Eunhyuk added, “Girl, you broke my best friend’s heart bad.” Eunhyuk slyly grinned and threw an arm around DongHae, who laughed and pushed him back.
“Come on, I already guessed it,” DongHae said with a smile. “Stop making fun of me.”
“Well, congratulations BoA! I’m happy it’s official!” Dana chimed in, grabbing my hands and jumping up and down.

I knitted my eyebrows at them. “Eh? I don’t get it. Happy for what? What happened? I’m not following.” They all laughed and exchanged glances.

“Don’t be shy about it silly. Everyone knows already~” Dana said, smacking me on the arm, which kind of hurt actually.

“What?” I asked again and I think the guy’s name was Sungmin, who was sipping on a lemon tea juice packet and shot me a look.

“You’re officially going out with Ongaku’s number one, Kim JaeJoong. Did you really need someone to spell it out for you? That’s what everyone is talking about. You’ve got a fan club by the way.” Talk about a fast update.

“Whoa~ wha-what? I – we – didn’t— wait, I have a fan club?!” I spat out in disbelief and again it was Sungmin who answered me, since the others were cracking up at my reaction.

“No,” he replied. “You and JaeJoong do. Something about a BoJoong, whatever that is.” Sungmin shrugged and then walked away sipping his lemon tea again. The juniors Kibum and Ryeowook scurried away with him and yes, they were still reading up on those musical manuscripts. BUT! A bigger matter was on hand!

“Guys, I think there’s got to be some kind of misunderstanding,” I defended and noticed my own friends walk towards us.

“BoA~~~!” LiYin squealed, bouncing up and down on her feet in clear excitement. “I just joined your fan club!”
“So I was right! Someone did confess!” Junsu proudly announced and I literally face-palmed.
“Uwa, you and JaeJoong finally have a happily ever after~!” LiYin exclaimed as she hugged me, making the situation even worse.

“Guys, guys you know that is isn’t—”

“Yo, pretty girlfriend!”
We all turned around, seeing JaeJoong with a big beam on his face, coming from across the street waving. Speak of the devil, I spoke too soon.

“KYAAAAAAA!” the whole Ongaku campus boomed with shouts and screams and I couldn’t believe all the commotion that the rumors were causing. I’d hate to see their faces when they find out that this wasn’t real. And literally, masses of people rushed towards the entrance when JaeJoong approached it and some girls pushed and dragged me all the way over to him.

He scoffed with amusement when they shoved me into his body. They all seemed to swoon when I fell into his arms and he caught me perfectly.

“Ah, so cute!”
“What a gentleman!”
“They’re so lovey dovey!”
“I’m so jealous!”

I winced and tried my best to whisper with the crazies buzzing around us.
“Sorry, I don’t know what happened…” I apologized and blinked nervously at him. This was so awkward, having people surrounding us and supporting us as boyfriend and girlfriend when we weren’t. “They think that we’re… a couple…” I shyly said and to my surprise, JaeJoong smiled.

“Really?” he asked cheerfully and without hesitation he held my hand. Squeals went off in the audience.

“Then let them think it,” JaeJoong stated and dragged me off towards first period. “Let’s go pretty girlfriend~♥”


God. Kim JaeJoong.
You kill me.