Ninth

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed, Minho and Sulli grew closer. A simple ‘Hi’ led them to a newly found friendship. Not one of them spoke of their true feelings as they were afraid it might complicate things between them. They were contented of what they shared, for now. Their closeness even brought the group to a deeper level of camaraderie. It helped a lot since they were planning for a mini concert during the last quarter of the year.

 

Settled with their respective schedules, the group is now busy preparing for the concert.  The concept is about a man’s passes through life… from being born to the hours of death. The group is now divided into sub groups, one doing choreography, another doing the props, other writing scripts, and other for the stage direction. This is what made this group special, they are the production crew at the same time the artists of the concert, this made them appreciate the world of performing arts as they get to experience the feel being behind the stage and in front of the lights. It was tradition; it’s been done from the pioneers of the group having passed on to the succeeding batch. For almost 8 years, the group surpassed the challenges of their world, on and off stage.

 

 Minho witnessed all this in the sidelines. He wasn’t part of the company or any company for that matter, yet he was close to the people in it. Due to his passion in performing, he decided to join the theater club in the university rather than to be labeled to a certain company. However, things changed since he got back from Japan. It was a break that he needed to finally choose to stay with a company. For its uniqueness and partly of a certain ‘love interest’, he auditioned as an artist for the CCA theater group, Kyuhyun’s group.

 

 

 

“You will be the lead character” Kyuhyun faced Minho as several senior members joined them in a circle brainstorming.

 

 “We’ll choose for the other roles later as we go along with the rehearsals.” Siwon added

 

Meanwhile, Sulli was busy with the costumes and script writing, the director casted her on a minor role so she could focus more on the scripts of the lead artists.

 

She was at the backstage writing on a “proposal scene” where the lead character, after getting into a relationship, would now plan for a lifetime commitment. She was trying to imagine it so it would be easy for her to write. She stopped for a while placing a hand on her forehead, thinking.

 

“Hey Ssul!” Krystal was holding a dress, which seems to be a wedding dress for the ‘wedding scene’

 

Sulli looked up.

 

“Would this work? I found it in the old cabinet where some old props were stored. We could just make a few adjustments for whoever will be the ‘bride’, what do you think?” she asked holding up the dress

 

“Hmm… It looks pretty old though… maybe we could turn it into a modern gown so that it would complement with the other costumes… like taking off the sleeves, we can make gloves out of it, then tighten the waist area a bit so the figure would show..” she was turning the dress while Krystal noted on the details to be done.

 

“Did you find the school uniforms?” she asked Krystal when they were done with the dress.

 

“Yup! They’re ready!” She said cheerfully then left Sulli to finish what she’s writing.

 

“Ugh!... focus Sulli… focus…” talking to herself now placing two hands on her forehead. Just as she was about to put the pen and pad down, she heard someone playing the piano. It was a theme song from a movie. She got curious on who’s playing. Gathering her things, she stood up and walked to the left wing of the stage to just peek at who’s playing.

 

It’s Taemin.

 

He and Jonghyun got in after they auditioned. They too, were surprised to see Minho audition with them.

 

 

Sulli’s POV

 

I just wanted to take a peek on the pianist and learning it was Taemin, I came out from my hiding. I didn’t notice Krystal sitting beside him on the piano bench. She sang the lyrics of the song. I sat near the edge of the stage to listen to them. Taemin joined Krystal singing. That’s when ideas came flowing to my mind. Inspired by these two in front of me, I wrote the proposal scene again. When the playing stopped, I looked up from my pad and saw the two sweetly staring at each other. I smiled.

 

“You two look cute together. I think I might include something like that on the script.” Smiling mischievously, both of them blushed and looked awkward when they found they were caught.

 

“Uhmm… I’ll be at the backstage.” Krystal stood up, placing a hand on Taemin’s shoulder as she left. Taemin followed her direction as she vanished behind the curtain then faced me looking at him with a bright smile.

 

“Stop staring at me like that… I’m melting now, you know” Taemin said as he bowed his blushin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter