Eighth

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Beans n’ Cream Café

 

 

“We’re here.” Minho stepped on the brakes and glanced at Sulli looking outside the window.

 

 

“Wow… is this place new?” Sulli was still looking outside and didn’t notice that Minho was already out front to open her door. She jumped a little when Minho slightly tapped the window.

 

 

Minho opened her door. “I’m sorry, you were saying something?”

 

Sulli stepped out of the car. “It’s ok. I was asking if this place is new. I haven’t been here, considering it’s just minutes away from town.” She said walking beside Minho towards the entrance.

 

 

“Really? As far as I can remember, this was here since I was in high school.”  His brows furrowed trying to recall.

 

 

“Oh, so that explains it. I just moved here when I started college.” Sulli answered casually.

 

 

“I see.” He said.

 

Minho and Sulli entered the place. Near the entrance, on the left side is a mini bar where hard drinks are served; opposite it is a pastry stand. Sulli stopped to see the pastries; she likes to bake and was wondering if she could redo the recipe from any of the ones on the stand. One caught her eye, called Devil’s Heaven, it’s a cake. She noted on the name so she could order a slice later. Minho just stood beside her guessing what flavor she picked. Sensing she was done picking, he led her to the dining area.

 

The place was cozy. It has a pseudo fireplace on the left with a couch facing it with a center table and on the corner a black grand piano. Steel chairs and glass topped tables gave an antique feel to the place. The floor and walls are made of pinewood with pictures of nature hanging, complementing its background. Up front and on the right were sliding doors leading to the veranda.

 

They chose to seat at the veranda so they could view the sunset and the nature surrounding the place. Sulli took a peek down and realized that they were on the second floor. They were overlooking treetops, on the horizon, a lake can be seen, and below them is a garden with a cobblestone pathway leading to a gazebo.

 

The sun was already setting, rays of light hit Sulli’s face as she gaped in awe at the vast scenery of green. Minho, on the other hand, was admiring her unknowingly … from her dark straight hair … to her droopy eyes … her cute nose … her smooth cheeks … he stopped at her parted sweet lips … absorbing it all.

 

“She’s …. Beautiful.” He smirked at the thought.

 

“How did you come to know this place? It’s amazing!” Sulli said stunned, not knowing that Minho was staring at her.

 

“Hmm? … I’m sorry, what was that?” Minho snapped back, obviously his mind was elsewhere.

 

“Are you alright?” she asked giggling “I was asking how you found out this place.”

 

“Well… I kinda know the owner.” He answered, leaning on the table

 

“Wow, you’re really ‘that’ popular huh” she said crossing her arms

 

“Nah, of course it’s not because of that. Let’s just say the owner is close to me.” He said while looking at the menu.

 

“Shall we order?” he asked. The waitress was walking towards their direction.

 

“hmm.. what would you recommend?” she asked still looking at the menu

 

“Ok.. let’s see…” he then turned to the waitress “We’ll both have M&Ms … my blend.”

 

“Ok Sir. Would you like any pastry to go with that Sir, Ma’am?”

 

“Mmm.. May I ask what’s this cake called Devil’s Heaven?” Sulli laughed a little at her question and looked at the waitress

 

“It’s a spicy dark chocolate cake Ma’am” the waitress answered

 

“Oh! Ok… I’ll have a slice please.”

 

“Ok Ma’am. I’ll have it served at once.” The waitress then faced Minho. “How about you, Sir?”

 

“Just coffee, for now. Thanks.” Minho added

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter