Thirty sixth

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

At the company

"You look different today..."Amber said while studying Sulli eating. They're in the pantry having lunch.

"different? why?" she asked puzzled

"really... you look like you're ... I don't know how to say it... uhmm... glowing? blooming?" Amber tried to find the best description for what she's seeing in her friend.

"Happy maybe? Minho's back... that's the reason" Sulli shrugged and continued eating.

"Oh he's back? that's a surprise..." she answered taking a bite on her lunch.

"Yeah, he and Taemin created a scene yesterday at the department. They even met my boss" 

"Woah! then what happened?"

"Nothing... they just met him..." 

"Psh... in other words Minho trusts you enough to not feel threatened" Amber said shaking her head

"There's no reason to be... besides I'm all his now" Sulli said with a funny smile, and that caught Amber. Even in the way Sulli smiles, there was something different. Amber was starting to make assumptions in her head, but she needs more details to conclude things.

"Mmm... I see... did you sleep at his place last night?" Amber asked, trying not to sound obvious on what she had in mind.

"Yeah" was Sulli's short reply. 

"I knew it!" Amber exclaimed as if she just hit the jackpot. Her reaction confused Sulli who just stared at her.

"You two had..." Amber softly said grinning and wiggling her eyebrows teasing Sulli

"Had what? I don't know what you're talking about" Sulli perfectly knew what Amber was saying but wanted to ignore it. But her reaction betrayed her as she started to blush then she ended up sipping her drink hastily.

"Gotcha!" Amber was grinning the whole time seeing Sulli's reaction and she knows Sulli was shy discussing that matter.

"No wonder there was something funny by the way you walk and sit" Amber said chuckling, knowing that that would make Sulli feel more embarrassed "looks like you had a good time" she added leaning further to Sulli

"Aaaambeeeeer....." Sulli couldn't help it, she whined as she can't control the giddiness she was already feeling. She was blushing big time while she imagined what they did last night. She buried her face in her hands hoping that she'll calm down a bit.

Sulli's head shot back up when her phone rang, it was Minho calling. She didn't want to answer it at first, looking at Amber, the latter signaled her to answer the call.

"Hi Love" Sulli said rather softly and sweetly

"Hi Love, are you having lunch?" Minho too sound sweet on the other line

"Yes, I'm having lunch with Amber. You?" 

"Still waiting for the orders. Kyu's with me." 

"That's good, tell him I said 'Hi'"

"Sure, tell Amber I said 'Hi' too"

"Will do"

The call was short and sweet and while Amber was digging her lunch while waiting for Sulli to end the call she too remembered that it wasn't only Sulli and Minho who had their share of 'adventure' last night.

When she saw Sulli put down her phone she asked her...

"Ssul, your birthday's in a week... any plans?"

"Hmm... I don't know... I actually am not planning to celebrate it coz we're all busy that time"

"Surely Minho will prepare something" Amber said smirking

"Looks like you know something" Sulli narrowed her eyes

"No, just saying... you and you're fiance loves to surprise each other so ... I just have that feeling" Amber shrugged

Though Sulli wasn't expecting anything from Minho, Amber had a point, they both do love surprising each other. Lunch was over and they both gone back to work. 

 

A week later...

"Happy birthday" Jongin greeted Sulli in her desk.

"Thanks boss" Sulli looked up from her work and smiled then turned to her work again on her computer.

"Sorry to keep you here in the office in your special day" Jongin said. Most of their staff got sick over a group outing and caught some virus, and that leaves almost half of them working double time to meet their deadlines.

"That's ok boss, nothing to worry about" she waved, Jongin took that as a sign that she's busy so he just left her to work.

Minho and Sulli just had a short conversation earlier that day, and due to work, they were not able to talk after that. Sulli lost track of time as she tried to finish the documents handed to her one by one. It was already past 9pm when she and the rest of the staff finished their work.

Sulli head down to the lobby with the rest of the team. Just then that she got hold of her phone to check any calls or messages. 

She received 3 missed calls and 1 message from Minho. 

 

From: Minho (at 18:36)

Been trying to call you, but you're not picking up. I know you're busy.

Will meet you later for dinner? Call me.

 

She was about to call him when Amber called her from the other side of the lobby

"You're still here?" Sulli asked

"Yeah, had problems with the system so I had to see how they manage things like that. It's just now that they fixed it." Amber explained

"Oh I see. We too had some problem so we got delayed a little"

"Yeah I heard that... some virus thingy? wish it won't spread in the office though... Oh yeah, Minho called, he got worried when you weren't picking up. I told him you were also busy. He said he can't make it to dinner as well since he had to an emergency meeting as well with a client online."

"He did? I was about to call him when you came... I'll just send him a message that I'm going home so I won't disturb him." She started texting him.

"Ms. Sulli, need a ride home?" her boss offered as he was the last one to leave the office.

"Uhmm.."

"No need Sir, we're leaving together" Amber said politely and gave him a smile

"Oh... ok. You two take care then. Happy birthday again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter