Eleventh

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Day of the performance

Backstage

 

“Ok guys listen up. We only got one show. If we get good reviews from this we might do reruns in the following months. Everyone worked hard and I trust you guys will do your best” Kyuhyun said encouragingly.

 

“Alright, everyone, right over left, hold the persons’ hand beside you and form a circle…” Siwon said and held Kyuhyun at his right, Henry at his left. “Let’s pray” He led the prayer for the group.

 

 

 

The entrance opened and audiences started filling the hall. It wasn’t a big hall since it wasn’t a big production. Minutes later, the place was a full house. Soon after, Siwon announced, “Good evening ladies and gentlemen. The show will start in 5 minutes.”

 

Hearing the cue, the artists gone to their positions behind the closed curtain.

 

“Break a leg” Jiwon smiled at Minho while taking their positions beside each other

 

“You too” he glanced at her and turned back to his position

 

 

 

The show ran for an hour and 15. The characters gave their best acts on stage and were received well by the audience. By the end of the show, the characters were introduced one by one from the stage hands, dancers, singers, to the minor roles and the major roles and finally the Directors. 

 

The show ended, the artists once again gathered in a circle and gave their thanks in prayer before heading to welcome the audience. It was a surprise to the viewers to see Minho back again on stage and with a character well-played. Having most of his seniors from the university theater club there, they were indeed proud that he has gained another level of artistry.

 

“What the hell bro! Why didn’t you kiss her on the lips? You could’ve ad lib that part you know!” Nickhun was teasing Minho about the wedding scene where instead of kissing Jiwon on the lips, he kissed her on the forehead… which was written, actually, on the script.

 

Minho just laughed, “you know I won’t do anything like that, besides I don’t want to take advantage of the scene, plus I just got back and I’m still ‘new’ to the company. I don’t want to get the members edgy because of an ad lib”

 

“Whatever bro, you’re too slow. No wonder even in Japan you didn’t get a girl yet. You’ve only had… what… one?” Nickhun still up to tease Minho

 

“Correction!” Victoria, Prof Song, butted in “ he never had a girlfriend, but…”

 

“but… but what?” Nickhun waiting for Vic to proceed.

 

“but he loved only one girl. And I may say, that’s the most martyr kind of love I saw. Just imagine, even after she got a boyfriend, our prince charming here never let go of his feelings for her.” She said patting Minho’s back

 

“Aish, you two. That’s all in the past. I’ve moved on now.” Minho answered with a new kind of glow in his eyes. He too recalled those months of staying by that girl’s side even when she knew about his feelings, she didn’t feel the same way, not more than friends. That girl… would be Yuri.

 

Nickhun and Vic stared at each other. Did they just witness a new Minho in front of them? The two never saw this side of Minho, even way back when he felt madly in love which was never reciprocated. There was more to this ‘moved on’ than just letting go of feelings altogether.

 

“And I think I know the reason why he’s moved on” Onew appeared behind them. He was listening to them, he just didn’t want to in.

 

“Onew!” Vic and Nickhun yelled turning their backs to face and hug him.

 

“Wait, wait… you were saying? You know why Minho’s moved on?” Nickhun restating Onew’s words earlier

 

Minho couldn’t help but smile, his senior still didn’t let go of the topic.

 

“Yup! … and I think she’s coming this way.” Onew said looking at a person approaching them.

 

Sulli was looking for the rest of the lapel the characters were holding. There was only one left and she’s sure its Minho’s. She was looking for him in the audience since she saw him go down the stage and meet people.

 

“Ugh! There he is.” Sulli muttered when she found him with Onew, Nickhun, and Prof Song. She walked towards their mini circle.

 

“Hi Sulli!” Onew waved when he saw her approaching.

 

“Sulli? From my class?” Vic quickly grabbed Minho’s arm whispering. He didn’t answer because Sulli was already near.

 

“Hi Onew! Oh, good evening Prof Song, and uhmm… Nickhun.” She greeted them, reaching their place.

 

“Hi! So you’re Sulli…” Nickhun said nodding, confirming Onew’s thoughts.

 

“Uhmm… yes.” Sulli answered, a little confused since there was more to that statement.

 

“I didn’t know that you were from this theater company, Sulli” Vic said smiling and hugged Sulli. She hugged her back and just smiled.

 

“Great show by the way! And I heard from Siwon you wrote the scripts of some acts of the performance. Good job!” Onew giving her a thumbs up.

 

“Oh Thanks! I’m still working on my writing skills, it’s not yet flawless as it is and I have to personally thank the characters for acting the script well.” She said humbly

 

“Sulli!” Krystal shouted from afar. Sulli looked up to her standing on the side of the stage.

 

“Did you find the lapel?” Krystal asked

 

“Huh?... Oh yes… Minho, your lapel please.” Sulli said placing her hand out.

 

“Oh! Sorry. I forgot to take it off before I went down.” Minho said, but was having a hard time taking it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter