Thirty fourth

I Loved You First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Days passed, the 2 week vacation of Sulli, Krystal and Taemin ended. Minho and Sulli had their fill of moments to ease their longing. They still had to wait another month before they can be reunited.

 

Airport (JFK)

 

"I'll see you in a month." Minho kissed Ssul's forehead which made the latter smile

"Take care, Love... and please, don't leave your phone on whoever's desk next time... I hate hearing a woman's voice answering my call" Sulli pouted. She mentioned that since whenever she calls him during his break, it's either his secretary or someone elses clerk from another department will answer her call saying that he must've left the phone and hurried to a meeting. Though she wasn't that jealous, but sometimes she wanted to act all sweet to her fiance but turned out she was talking to a female instead of him.

"Now don't be jealous, ok? I've told you before, I just sometimes run to an emergency meeting or running late for an appointment that's why it happens" he touched a finger to her nose. 

"I know I know... I trust you... Just... ... don't give me reasons to be jealous..." she continued pouting

"Come here..." he hugged her comfortably "I'm all yours... and yours alone" he softly said against her ear. Those words made her smile widely and hugged him tighter.

"Uhmmm... sorry to interrupt, Ssul we should be going" Krystal cleared to get their attention, soon after the hugging couple let go.

Saying their 'goodbyes' the couple didn't cry anymore, they knew in their hearts that one day they would be together again.

 

 

More than a month passed

First semester

 

"Ssul, for the last time, stop worrying! He'll come back!" Amber was trying to comfort Sulli who was wiping her tears falling non-stop. Her father told her the news that he needed Minho to see through their business venture that's why he won't be back just yet. Although Sulli whined and argued that Minho can take care of the business through online, her father countered her with a far more better argument on her childish issue. 

From that day, she wanted to busy herself with work at the theater and her internship. Amber was also in the same company as an intern at the IT department, while Sulli at the finance department. Relieved that she had someone to talk to during break time, Sulli constantly poured her sentiments on Amber.

"I'm not worrying... it's just that.... lately he's not calling everyday like he used to... sometimes he texts me that he's busy or the site that they'll be visiting has no network signal so he can't call" she didn't mind crying in a public place, since the cafe where she and Amber usually goes to is nearly empty by that time of day.

"Wow.  You guys act mature enough to handle your relationship, but I didn't know that distance can turn you into... this!" Amber slightly laughed at her friends sulking.

"I'm sensitive too, you know." she said... and now stopped crying

"Tsk... Ssul... you know that when Minho comes back, he'll make up for the time you aren't together. Who knows, he might just want to surprise you" Amber smiled

"Psshh... I don't need surprises... I want the real Minho..." she continued sulking

"You're that possessive huh?'' Amber chuckled. Sulli didn't reply instead just took a sip from her smoothie.

"You'll be fine... in the meantime, focus on your work, and by the way, I heard some rumor from your department saying that one of the assistant managers likes you." Amber switched subject as that rumor too was also her concern

"Tsss... just a lousy rumor... besides, maybe it's about how I do my job, you know how I don't take work matters lightly" she answered slightly recovering from her sulking earlier.

"I don't know, but, if you feel anything fishy from any of the staff there, just tell me." Amber said

"It's just work... not a big deal. The staff knows that I'm engaged, so I don't think rumors like that are to be taken seriously" she shrugged it off. 

They ditch that subject and talked about other things instead while having their late dinner.

 

 

"Can we talk about these proposals over lunch? I know a good place where we can completely resolve this matter." Jongin, her immediate supervisor and one of the assistant managers of their department invited Sulli out. Since, she really wanted to get over the proposals for the directors to review later that day, she agreed to have lunch with him.

 

At a restaurant...

 

After reviewing all the proposals and was satisfied of the outcome, Jongin and Sulli shared their delicious lunch in peace. 

"Looks like what we heard about your work ethic is true Ms. Choi, I'm proud of you" Jongin stated while waiting for their bill.

"Thanks boss. It's all part of learning and work" Sulli replied.

"I'm sure t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter