Like You Want To Be Loved

My Everything

CHAPTER NINE 

*****************************************

(Hana's POV)

The friendship between Kai and I grew stronger. It has been three months since we became friends. I still have yet to get a job and my mom has been disappearing a lot these days ‘sorting out some matters'. 

The winter dance is coming up in three weeks. 

Would Kai ask me?

****************

“Kai, meet me in the park asap” I pressed on send, excitement flowing through me. I checked the weather and my suspicions had been right. I put on my jacket and mittens.

Today would be a great day.

My camera was on my neck, I felt happy. I walked to the park and saw Kai pacing back and forth worriedly.

“What’s wrong, Kai?” I asked worriedly.

He mouthed: ‘Are you okay?’ I furrowed my eyebrows.

Just because I wanted to see him that did not mean that I was sad. 

“I’m fine Kai! Is it illegal to see you?” He let out a breath and his shoulders relaxed. I smiled, I was happy that he cared.

I suddenly started running. I felt a surge of adrenaline. I felt a bead of sweat roll down my forehead, but it evaporated quickly. Before I knew it, I was the first one to reach the empty space.

“I won! Yay” I grinned. I looked at Kai, who had his arms crossed in annoyance. He was slightly panting. I stuck out my tongue at him and walked towards him. I cupped his face in my hands and said, “Poor little baby.” He shook of my hands and glared at me.

”Love you too” he smiled at that. An emotion flickered in his eyes but I couldn’t identify it. I took a peek at my watch.

Perfect, any time now.

I spread down on the grass and closed my eyes. He lay down beside me. I stayed there for a while, patiently waiting for my event to happen.

Then it touched my cheek. I grinned and opened my eyes. He had his eyes closed. I put pressure on his stomach, nudging him to open his eyes. For a second I got lost in his eyes, they looked beautiful. I stood up and spread my arms. The first snowfall of the year.

Large snowflakes fell from the sky. The snow was cold and the wind was sharp but nevertheless cooling. They fell one by one, each at a different place. I took my camera and captured the beauty of nature. He stood there with a genuine smile plastered on his face.

I went closer to him. Out of nowhere he picked me up and spun me around. All I could see was his brown eyes dancing with joy. His face was flushed with delight, his lips red. I felt my heart skip a beat. He then put me down.

He tilted his head back and laughed heartily, a deep mellow sound. It was calming, like a deep river. I joined him, laughing happily. I was with Kai and that was all that mattered. I remembered something.

“Kai, I want to take pictures with you. I’m creating a scrapbook. I want you to be in it, because I care about you”

Why are you speaking so quickly Hana? Calm down!

He nodded. We took endless pictures together. I took pictures of him smiling without him noticing me.

“Last one!” I gave him the camera, so that he could capture it. I put my arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his cheek. His skin became redder and he put his head down.

Was he embarrassed?

“Aww” I cooed. “Kai is shy because his friend kissed his cheek.” That seemed to get him back because he chased after me with full speed. Taken aback, I didn’t have the time to react. But that didn’t seem to stop him and he attacked me.

Our weight was too heavy and we both lost our balance. I ended up lying on top of him. I tried to wriggle out, but his grip on my waist only got stronger. I giggled and he smiled a soft smile.

His eyes were observing me. I looked into his eyes and melted. I felt at home when I looked into those eyes. It was remarkable how there were many different shades of brown hidden in his eyes. I felt like I was in a different world. His eyes flickered to something on my face; I wasn’t sure what it was.

All of a sudden, I was on the ground, and he was hovering over me, supporting his weight in his arms. He started leaning in, his eyebrows looking more concentrated than ever. He was centimeters away from my face; I could feel his warm breath fanning across my face. 

(To be continued)

----------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

Do you guys hate me? I'm sorry but you will know if they kiss the next chapter. 

Chapter nine is up! :D 

Thank you for reading, I would really appreciate your comments!

Love you all 

- RinRin^^