Love Conquers All

My Everything

Warning: Cliche' chapter. Also, there are lyrics from EXO's Don't Go featured in this chapter. You could listen to either M's or K's version while reading it. I  have not proof-read, so if there are any mistakes don't mind me. I apologise for also being away for two months, school is literally killing me. If its great news to you: I've also decided to write another story, stay tuned! ;-)

- RinRin^^

-----------------------------------------

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

**********************

Kai’s POV

“Hana’s dying”

It felt as if all my senses had gone numb. Black spots were clouding my vision, I blinked a couple of times, and trying to process what he had said.

“How?” I whispered, barely audible but loud enough for Sehun to hear.

“We don’t know exactly, but the doctor called an hour ago. Her heart’s failing and her breathing is slowing down. I think we have an hour and then she’ll-“

“Don’t you even dare to finish that sentence. She’s not going to die, do you understand me? I won’t let her die.” I cut him off with a stern tone. I had no idea if I was convincing him or myself.

“Yeah, but you need to get here, now,” said Sehun, the tine of urgency in his voice.

“I’ll be there,” and I hung on him. I clenched and unclenched my fists, trying to steady my breathing. My whole body felt as though it was on fire and beads of swear formed on my forehead.

I took the car keys and in a flash I was at the door, walking outside. There wasn’t a second to spare. Time was running out and Hana was on the bed dying. I got in the car and started the engine, keeping my hands firmly on the wheel. The road was empty and I had to restrain myself from going on full speed. I struggled to take deep breaths to keep myself concentrated on the road ahead of me. At the rate I was driving at I could arrive at the hospital in less than ten minutes. I just hoped I wasn’t too late. She can’t die; I’m not going to allow it. I’ve had enough of this.

People leaving me.

I couldn’t bare the thought of her dying. I had to see her, I had to see-

Hana.

That was the last thing on my mind before a car rammed into me.

*****************************************************

Sehun’s POV

“Where is he, why is he so late?” I paced back and forth. I stood at the hospital’s entrance waiting for Kai. It has been half an hour since I last called him, and he didn’t pick up my calls.

There was an ambulance driving into the hospital, the nurses rushed towards the ambulance and laid the injured man on the bed before wheeling him away. I looked at the injured man before turning away.

No, it can’t be.

I ran towards where the nurses were wheeling the man away.

It is him.

Kai was bleeding from his head; he had a few scratches on his face and arms. He was breathing and he grabbed my hand, looking at me.

“Is she okay? She’s still alive isn’t she?” he asked me, shaking my hand.

“How did you get into an accident?  Why? Hana is already here and now you…” I trailed off, tears forming in my eyes.

“I’m okay, I’ll get my head bandaged and then come to Hana’s room,” he patted my hand as the nurses wheeled him away.

I walked towards Hana’s room and I sat outside the room, waiting for Kai.

************************************************************

Kai’s POV

“You may go, please don’t put too much pressure on your head and be careful,” the nurse said after bandaging my head.

I was busy thinking of Hana just now that I didn’t notice the car and rammed into it. I only had slight injuries. The most important person in my life was dying and I had to see her.

I stopped when I was saw Sehun’s and Hana’s mother. Sehun was seated on a chair where as Hana’s mother was crying. She was devastated, her hair disheveled, face completely red. Her gaze was on the ground.

I took a deep breath and turned to the glass panel revealing Hana. My heart almost stopped seeing her, she was thinner than the last time I saw her, which was yesterday. Her face was white, her eyelids shut. A tube was connected to .

My eyes watered, a waterfall of tears freely streamed down my face. Looking at her everything hurt. She was so frail and the fact that I could lose her in seconds dawned on me. My eyes flickered to the heart rate monitor, the line kept slowing down.

Hana was dying.

Dying.

I looked at the doctor, Doctor Nam. The same doctor who dealt with my grandmother.

“How long?” I questioned.

“A couple more minutes,” he answered.

“Can I go in?” I asked. He shook his head.

I turned and kept my eyes on her, staying in that position. I willed with all my heart for her to open her eyes. We all stayed in complete silence except for the sobbing. I had stopped crying.

I feel numb.

Memories flashed in my head. The first day when I saw her, the way she’d awkwardly thanked me for catching her. The day at the park, the way she’d slept on my shoulder. The way she laughed about everything. The way we kissed, the way she made me feel over the clouds. The way she jumped in front of me and took the hit.

The way she made every simple little thing so beautiful.

My heart beating and her heart barely making the machine beep were the only sounds I could hear. Her heart was slowing down too fast. There were only seconds left.

“Please don’t,” I murmured repeatedly, my hands on the glass separating us. Her chest went up for the last time as though she was letting out her soul.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

The machine announced its end. Hana’s body went limp. I lowered my head. The tears did not fall, my eyes already pained excruciatingly from excessive crying. My throat was dry.

“Hana!” screamed her mother, crumbling to the ground. Convulsive sobs racked her body. Sehun was letting a few tears escape his eyes.

“Why are you both crying? She’s not dead, okay! She’s not dead, stop crying!” I screamed.

“I’m sorry for your loss” he patted my shoulder. I grasped his hand.

“Can I try something? Please? Can I go in?” I begged. He nodded.

I walked into the room, my heart beating a billion times faster. I sat beside her, looking at her beautiful features. I felt tears spring into my eyes at her sight. I took her hand in mine, keeping my gaze on her face, I did what I felt right. I leant into her ear.

“Hana, listen to me. Please come back to me” I said my voice thick with emotion.

I closed my eyes and let every memory of us into my mind, they seemed to be playing inside my head like a movie. I put all my emotions into the song.

Our song.

“Omyohan geudaeui moseube neogseul noko hanappunin yeonghoneul ppaetgigo
Geudaeui momjise wanjeonhi chwihaeseo sum swineun geotjocha ijeobeorin nainde”

The day she tripped over her body and I caught her before she fell. That same day she hugged me for the first time.

“Well uhm, Kai, thank you again”

“Nal annaehaejwo
Yeah geudaega salgo inneun gose nado hamkke deryeogajwo
Oh, sesangui kkeuchirado dwittaragal teni
Budi nae siyaeseo beoseonaji marajwo achimi wado sarajiji marajwo oh”

“Birds fly in the sky and they seem so free. They’re almost never alone. Would you be a bird with me, Kai?”

“I’m fine Kai! Is it illegal to see you?”

“Nan myeot beonigo banhago
Sarangeun ireoke nado moreuge
Yegodo eobsi bulsie chajawa”

The way she told me she loved me.

“I might be in love with you too.”

“Natseon goseul hemaenda haedo gireul irheobeorindaedo nuguboda soljikhan naui mameul ttareulgeoya
Joyonghi nune ttuineun momjit ganghago budeureoun nunbit
Geobuhal su eomneun nanikka yeah”

The way she saved my life.

“No!”

I continued to sing until I finished the song. I felt as though the whole world collapsed on me. It was over. There were no hopes in her waking up again.

“I love you so much Hana. I’m so sorry,” I spoke, kissing her hand and tightly clutching it. The tears kept falling; there was no way to stop them. The amount of guilt that had built up in me, everything came out. I kept my stare on her, refusing to let go of her.

Suddenly my heart skipped a beat. Was I imagining or did it really happen?

The hand I was holding squeezed mine.

I’m probably hallucinating.

Squeeze.

This time it was real, I saw it with my own eyes.

I felt my heart leap at the sight of the lines going up at a perfectly normal rate. I lifted my gaze to her face and sensed a tide of happiness wash over me.

Eyelids fluttered open and blinked a couple of times. Confused but breathtaking chestnut brown eyes met mine. That familiar sparkle of recognition and love that were in her eyes.

Hana’s alive.