I Need Your Love

My Everything

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

**************************************

Hana’s POV

Vanilla, which was all I could think.

My senses were numb; my heart seemed like the only organ in my body that was properly functioning. My heartbeat was thumping in my chest. I felt happy and shocked at the same time. Shocked, because the boy I loved could speak. The first time I heard his voice was amazing. It sounded full of softness and kindness. The first words I’d heard him say: ‘I might possibly be in love with her.’ I knew he meant me because she asked: ‘How’s Hana?’ Kai couldn’t have possibly talked about another Hana. I could explode with joy at any moment because the boy I loved, Kim Jongin, loved me back.

He broke off, stepping back. I felt disappointment wash over me. He shook me off, making me gasp in fear.

Does he hate it? What if he…

My paranoid thoughts were cut off by him firmly squeezing my cheeks together. I tilted my head, utterly confused.

“If you look at the time, its past one in the morning. Let’s get you home, okay? We both are tired,” he smiled at me.

He held my hand, entwining it and we walked out of the hospital’s front door. I felt the cold breeze of winter bite my cheeks. I looked at him, only to meet an intense gaze. His tear-streaked cheeks were a faint red. Feeling self-conscious under his eyes, I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. The weather didn’t really matter right now, because the warmth radiating off his stare was enough to set my body on fire. My eyes met the ground, shyness overcoming me.

I lift my eyes only to meet his sad but smiling eyes. His lips pulled up in a slight smile. A dry deep chuckle escaped his mouth. His arms wrapped themselves around me, I felt safe. He stayed silent, as if he was contemplating whether he should say something.

“Tell me Kai, I’ll listen to you” I said, nervously biting my bottom lip.

“Really?” I nodded.

Out of nowhere, he let me go and turned away. His already messy hair was run through by his hand. I held my breath sensing that I was about to witness a completely different side of Kai.

“I-I’m so messed up,” I patiently waited, understanding that there were a lot of words to say.

“I-I hated everything and everyone after they left. I felt numb and broken, nothing could help. I used to cry myself to sleep, but now I just lay there blankly staring at their picture. Sleep doesn’t come anymore,” he turned to face me, his eyes looking sad and tired.

“I was like a zombie, not living just existing. I prohibited myself to love anyone because there was nothing to love. I was about to end it all, I had it all planned out and everything. Grandma was at the hospital since a week. We’d only recently discovered her sickness. She had coronary heart disease. You saved my life, Hana. If I wasn’t alive I wouldn’t be able to see you now. I got scared, no, horrified from the thought of getting hurt even more,” I nodded comprehendingly. I reached out and hugged him tightly. I wiped some of the tears falling.

I saved him just like he saved me.

“Park Hana, thank you. You’re beautiful in every way, don’t leave me please.” He whispered. I nodded, crying.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he automatically placed his hands on my waist.

“I promise I won’t leave you.”

*****************************

Kai’s POV

“I need to get back, Mom’s going to kill me!” she exclaimed.

“Absolutely not, the snowstorm outside is very dangerous for you to be walking home in. Sleep over, I don’t mind” I said in a strict voice.

“No,” she disagreed.

“Yes,”

“No,”

“Yes,”

“Absolutely not,”

“Yes,”

“Yes,’

“No,”

She smirked as I groaned. I was careless to fall for her trick.

“Stay,” I said, a pleading expression in my eyes.

“No,” her expression softened a little.

“Please stay,” I begged.

She sighed and called her mom, informing her that she is sleeping over. She took the covers and covered herself on the sofa while she lay down.

Can I sleep next to her?

Not to make her uncomfortable, I slipped in bed, the lights still on. After an hour or two I gave up. I had to be careful because the wood would creak at any touch. The basement looked like the coziest-loving place. The creaking of fire was the only sound heard. Hana was snuggling on the sofa.

Eyelids closed and her breathing deep and relaxed, she was at peace. She twitched her nose, just like the time she slept on my shoulder at the park. Innocence shown on her sleeping face. Her soft breathing made the world seem to stand still. I slowly lay beside her and pulled the covers on us. I wrapped my arms around her, and I felt complete.

I immediately froze when her thick eyelashes fluttered to reveal sleepy chestnut brown eyes.

She snuggled up closer to me. Pink lips pulled up in a small smile, and I saw adoration in her eyes. I closed my eyes, resting my chin over her head.

“I love you, Kai.” Soon the only movement was the rising and falling of her chest. I closed my eyes and fell into the deepest sleep I’d ever have in a long time. I knew that my heart felt peaceful and truly happy for the first time in years.

*******************************************************

(The next morning)

Hana’s POV

The warmth of Kai made me feel like a small baby. Safely reined over me, I fit perfectly in his arms. I didn’t want to open my eyes, I wanted to cherish this moment. Looking at the time, I decided it was time I headed back home.

I gently took Kai’s arms and placed it by his side. He frowned slightly in his sleep.

Where is the bathroom?

I traveled my way around the house. I reluctantly turned the door knob of a random room. At the sight of an oven, a refrigerator and a dishwasher, I realised I was currently in the kitchen. Sighing, I walked out of the kitchen and headed to the other doors on the right.

I found a room with a lousy ‘KAI’ written in permanent marker. I smiled, imagining a tiny Kai writing this on his door. I opened the door and went into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. My hair was everywhere, my eyes were puffy and I looked really tired and dull.

I entered Kai’s room. I hope he didn’t mind. Kai’s room was organized. His laptop was closed and set on his desk. His desk was clean, not even a speck of dust was visible. His sketchpad caught my attention, the same one he had when I met him at the park. I didn’t want to intrude his privacy but curiosity won over me.

The first sketch was of a family at a picnic. Everyone looked happy. The father’s features seemed soft and smooth. The mother had an absent smile on her face. The little girl’s expression displayed pure innocence and happiness. There was a young boy smiling while looking at his parents with a loving expression. I turned the pages, most of them portraying his family. Some of the pages were tear-strained.

Some sketches were of him or his grandmother. I fell upon the first drawing of me, a girl with curls hiding her face between her knees. He had put a small heart beside the girl. The next sketches were mostly of me. The last sketch tore my heart apart. His grandmother was seated on a couch; her expression was relaxed and peaceful. She smiled happily; he portrayed every detail so perfectly. This page was dry and slightly crumpled.

This is how he wanted to remember her.

Out of nowhere, a pair of arms wrapped themselves around me. I turned to see Kai. He was smiling with grief his eyes tearful.

“Kai?” I asked nervous.

He averted his eyes, blinking rapidly.

He didn’t want me to see him cry.

I cupped his face in my hands and kissed his forehead. He was in extreme pain, I could feel it. He closed his eyes, total peace and serenity washing over him. He opened his eyes and bored them into mine. His pupils dilated and his eyes were gleaming with fresh tears. I hugged him and let him cry. He sobbed letting everything out. I tightened my grip on him, knowing that it always made me feel better when I was crying.

Before my eyes I did not see a man. I saw a broken boy who lost everyone and he is almost losing himself.

Was he worth it? Was he worth saving? Was he worth loving?

Absolutely

***********

“Hello?”

“Hello darling,” My mom’s familiar voice sounded on the phone. She sounded frantic.

“Hey, Mom. What’s up?” I cleared my throat.

“Well I have a visitor over here. You need to come home as soon as possible.”

“Just tell her that her older brother’s home,” said a strange masculine voice I didn’t recognize from the background.

My eyes widened and I paled.

Brother?

-------------------

Author's Note:

Firstly, I want to apologise because I've really been very busy this few weeks. I'm really very sorry. I hope you would forgive me.

On the other hand: Are you guys excited about the next chapter? :]

Till the next chapter. :-)

Love you all 

- RinRin^^