A New Beginning

My Everything

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

******************

Kai’s POV

I felt like I could explode any moment. My mind was filled with a million thoughts.

I couldn’t lose her.

I just couldn’t. Grandma is and will always be the only person in the entire world who understands me better than anyone. She can’t leave me.

I won’t allow it.

If she left me, I would be alone. I’m not counting Hana of course. I cared for her but I think she just pities me. I was the silent guy who just exists. Frankly, I was surprised to see her so worried. I expected her to ditch me and go back to the dance. But she was Hana, ever so unique and beautiful.

I had to control myself from speeding too fast. I had to get there as soon as possible. I took deep breaths to calm myself down when the lights turned red. I avoided looking at the girl observing me from her seat.

Finally, I pulled up to the entrance. Taking the keys, I closed the car door, forgetting the girl that was with me.

“No running in the halls!” called a nurse. I paid no attention to her. Without looking back, I ran and ran through what seemed like a million halls, a maze never ending. I knew the way to her room by heart. After all, I came here everyday after school, my most hated place.

I walked to a stop in front of her door. I can’t see her die before my eyes. But I had to. My hands shaking, I turned the knob. Instantly I regretted doing so.Tears came out of my eyes without stopping. Through my tears, I managed a small fake smile so she’d think that I was alright.

There she was lying on the bed, a million wires connected to every part of her body. Trembling, her lips managed a small smile. She looked older, every wrinkle in her face visible. In a flash I was sitting by her side, holding her hand as gently as I can. She let go and wiped her hand on my cheek like every time I cried.

That soft and motherly face that would comfort me. How am I going to live without her?

“My little boy,” she whispered her voice cracking. I stayed silent.

“It’s me,” I muttered. She patted my hand in happiness while I widened my eyes while touching my throat. Yes, I can talk. But I chose not to talk after finding out that my whole family died in a car accident. I went into severe depression and decided to stop talking. I felt that there wasn’t any need to talk to anyone.

“Don’t cry, Kai. Everything’s going to be alright,” her gleaming eyes were smiling at me.

“H-how can you be so sure? You’re going to leave! You’re everything I have left!” I exclaimed, crying harder.

“You found your voice back, isn’t that a good thing? It’s been years since you last spoke to anyone, I’m happy.” She said smiling happily.

“How’s Hana?” she asked. Strangely a blush rose to my cheek. I lowered my gaze.

“She’s fine,” Grandma stared at me with a secret smile.

“I think I might be in love with her,” I confessed. Her smile widened.

“Why do you say that?” She questioned teasing me.

“I-I don’t exactly know. Honestly, I have no idea. I love the way her eyes sparkle when she’s happy. She has her way of making the simplest of things special, you know?” I found myself smiling.

“I adore the way her nose twitches when she’s sleeping. Her laugh is contagious. Seeing her smile makes my day. It’s like she stole my heart and locked it away. I love it when she blushes, especially when I’m the reason. If I continue talking, I would never stop because- I can write a book about her.” My grandmother genuinely smiled at me.

“Does she know?” she asked, serious. I put my head down ashamed.

“Promise me you’ll tell her. She deserves to know. She also deserves to hear your beautiful voice,” that brought the tears back.

“I promise,” I managed to blurt out hoarsely.

“I love you, grandma.”

“I love you more, Jongin.”

We stayed like that, in silence. Suddenly she squeezed my hand. I looked at her, her skin looked pale. In some way she looked calm.  

“Kai, promise me I’ll get buried beside your grandfather. I love you Kai,” she said, a fear spread through me.

Is this what I think it is?

“I promise.”

Grandma smiled at me for the last time and closed her eyes. Her face was frozen yet peaceful. She looked younger. Her hair was spread around her head, her features soft. Her lips were pulled up in an innocent delicate smile. The beeps went off. I gently kissed her forehead. I snuck a last peek at her. I smiled even though my face was wet with fresh tears.

“I love you, Grandma. I always will. I promise to do everything you said,” I whispered closing the door. I sighed, making the tears fall harder.

“Do you promise to tell me that you can speak?” exclaimed a very emotional Hana. Her lips were pulled up in a smile, with tears streaming down her face. I gasped.

“I’m really sorry-“I started before being cut off. She held my face with her hands. Tears streamed down her face, a sad smile on her beautiful face.

“I forgive you, because your grandma was correct,” I was confused.

“Your voice is the most amazing and beautiful thing I’ve heard in my life-“she stopped intently gazing at me. I waited.

“And?” I felt my heartbeat fasten and all breath knocked out of my body.

“I might be in love with you too.”

And she crashed her lips on mine. 

---------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

And chapter 14 is up! :)

At the start when I thought about writing this story, I didn't want to make Kai speak until the very end. But as the story came along, I thought it might be better if he started speaking. So I did a research. It is not possible for you to lose your voice if you don't speak for years. But if you force yourself to think that you are mute and if you choose not to speak for years, you have the chance of losing your voice temporarily. So, I decided to make Kai speak. 

The picture above is Kai at the Melon Music Awards that was held yesterday, 14/11/2013. My poor baby cried. :( So imagine that as the Kai in this chapter who was crying. 

But congratulations to EXO for winning: Netizen's Popularity Award, Top 10 Artist and Best Song Of The Year! We did it yay! :D

Let's have some gifs of their twilight inspired stage yesterday! 

That's all for now folks, till the next chapter! ;) Thank you for reading! 

Love you all, (And the guy above)

- RinRin^^