Don't Let Me Go

My Everything

CHAPTER NINETEEN

********************

(Kai’s POV)

Hana fell to the ground with a thud, her head was oozing a lot of blood and her eyes were shut. Her features were etched with pain, she was unconscious. Tears sprung in my eyes as I took her in my arms. I began running towards the door, blood was wetting my shirt but I didn’t care.

“Where are you going?” exclaimed Sehun. I didn’t even stop as I answered.

“To the hospital, no way in hell I’m losing her.”

******************************************

“Open the door, please! Tell me if she’s okay! I want to see her!” I pounded my already bruised fists with all power that I could muster on the ICU doors, which were locked.

My heart was shattering with worry. The quantity of blood oozing from her head wasn’t a good sign. As soon as the hospital’s nurse had seen her, they wheeled her away in a flash. The way her skin has lost all colour to it and the loss of body heat in her scared me to death.

I can’t lose her.

It’s been two hours, a hundred and twenty minutes of hell. The nurses wouldn’t let me in. After a while, they just locked the door and kept me out. I kept on pounding on the doors, anxiety giving me adrenaline. The old mute Kai would’ve just sat in a corner and cried but that was before Hana came into my life. I won’t give up on her; I wasn’t going to just let her go from me.

After one last pound on the door, I figured the possibility of them opening the door was minimal. I dragged myself onto the nearest chair and placed my elbows on my legs, burying my head in my hands. Closing my eyes helped the massive headache knocking in every corner of my mind. I took a deep breath, the fresh air circulated in my lungs which relaxed me a little.

A hand placed on my shoulder, startling me. I lifted my head to see Sehun, pity and sadness seeping from his eyes. He had bruises around his neck and a broken arm. I only had bruises on my face, stomach and chest.

“It’ll be alright,” he said, patting my shoulder. He sat down on the chair and looked at me. I shook my head.

“No, you don’t understand. I’ve lost every single person whom I ever cared about. I can’t lose her, I just can’t,” my voice was trembling with fury and desperation.

Sehun laid his head on the wall behind him. His tired expression showed that he was thinking about a lot of things, Sehun had just lost his mother too. Thinking about that made me think about my parents’ and sister’s death. Their death had always made me feel incredibly guilty. That day, they had gone to get me a birthday present, a week before I turned 10.

Thinking of the people I’d lost made me want to scream or cry or listen to my grandmother sing me to sleep. She would always pat my head and whisper: ‘Everything’s going to be okay, I promise.’

But even she was gone.

I was mad, sad and desperate. I was mad because the world was so unfair. I was sad because I could have saved Hana if I had been quick enough to push her away. I was desperate because she was my only hope, I couldn’t bare the thought of losing any one else. I’m utterly sick and tired of it. Call me selfish, but I deserve to have someone.

“Kai, it’ll be fine. She’s not going to… you know,” Sehun said. I nodded, hoping he was right.

“I can’t lose her,” I whispered so low I doubted Sehun had heard.

“You won’t, come on, let’s check on Hana’s mom,” I looked up at his standing figure, my eyebrows furrowed.

“What happened?” I asked my voice raspy.

“She had an anxiety attack. They gave her medication and she’s staying in a room for a couple of hours so she can calm down.” I stood up but then I remembered something.

“Does the doctor know that we’ll be over there, in case you know, he need to tell-“

“Kai, calm down. He knows. Now let’s go. I’m worried sick about my step-mom,” he said mumbling the last part.

The hospital seemed endless, the smell of medicine and chlorine familiar to my nose. I knew this hospital so well and I wish I hadn’t. The reason was that I came here during the sickness of Grandma and also when my parents and sister were brought here. I decided to go to the toilet and wash-up before I met Hana’s mother, I was a mess.

After a couple of minutes, I finally reached the room. The door was open. The first thing I saw was Hana’s mother peacefully sleeping on the bed. Sehun was seated on the chair silently weeping.

“What is it?”

The room was silent, apart from the weeping. Frustration was making me nervous.

“Did the doctor come?”

I took his silence as a yes. I felt weak and all I could hear was my heart pounding at an incredible speed.

“What did he say?” I whispered, barely audible.

No answer.

“Tell me please! I need to know, she’s not dead. She’s not gone, right? Please tell me she’s not.” I pleaded.  

“Sehun tell me.”

He cleared his throat; I saw hesitation in his eyes. I braced myself for what he was going to say.

“As the bottles were full, they hit her skull with huge power, affecting her brain. It let to head trauma which led to…” He trailed off. Sehun’s eyes met mine; I saw the pity and sadness in them.

“Hana’s in a coma.”

-------------------------

Author's Note:

Hana's in a coma :-( I think most of you'll would have expected this.

I'm sorry for the delay in updating, I've been busy with alot of work. 

Thank you all for reading and subscribing. I appreciate every read and subbies and all the comments as well. 

Till the next chapter :-)

Love you all 

- RinRin^^