Unfairness

My Everything

CHAPTER SIX 

***********************

(A month after the day at the park)

“No, you’re wrong Kai, the answer is 364!” I answered crossing my arms around my chest confidently.

We were seated in math class, as a team. We had became close friends and I was floating on cloud 9. We had so much in common. We had the same taste in music, art and food. All except Math, he thought he was smarter than me.

“I’ll go ask the teacher, but if I’m right, you’re buying me an ice-cream. If you’re right, I’ll buy you one, deal?” I made the deal with him.

I got up and made my way to the teacher’s desk. I cleared my throat which caused her to look up.

“Yes, Ms Park?” she asked, annoyed,

Wasn’t it her job to help me?

“Could you tell me the answer to question five?” I asked, putting on my innocent face.

“Ah, the answer is 464, Ms Park” she informed me. My face dropped as I walked back in shame to Kai’s table.

“You were right” I muttered.

He put a hand behind his ear as if to say: ‘What? Repeat that’ while smirking.

“I said you were right!” he grinned and I pouted.

“You meanie” He showed me his notebook, where he’d scribbled: ‘It’s not my fault I’m smarter than you. You owe me an ice-cream’

I put my head down, mad at myself. He scribbled something down on his notebook: ‘Please smile’. I ignored him. He sighed loudly. I heard him write in his notebook again:

‘Then ready to die?’

Before I knew it, I burst out laughing during class. Kai’s hands started moving around my stomach, he knew I was ticklish.

“S-Stop p-please!” I gasped during giggles. He continued even more, I knew he wouldn’t stop. After a lifetime of dying from laughing, he stopped. I smiled. It was impossible to stay mad at him for long. He wiggled his eyebrows while grinning. I pulled out my tongue childishly.

“Ms. Park and Mr. Kim, what do you think you’re both are doing?” a strict voice brought me back to reality.

“Teacher, we’re sorry. We’ll make sure it won’t happen again! We were just fooling around” I looked at Kai, who nodded his head frantically.

“I’ll make sure of that. Detention for the both of you” I whined. Oh well, getting detention may have seemed horrible two months ago, but now I would be with Kai.

**************************************************************************

‘Ding, Dong’

Finally school was over. Detention approached. I put my stuff in my locker and walked to Kai’s locker, number 14. He was putting his books, looking so calm and concentrated.

We need to change that.

I tiptoed and put my head on his right shoulder near his ears and said:

“Hey there!,” My voice came out weird.

He jumped at least 5 feet into the air. I was laughing. After about five minutes of clutching my stomach and laughing, I calmed myself. He was staring at me with a poker face. He typed in his phone, and I stepped closer towards him to read it.

“It’s not even funny” the message read.

I struggled to keep on a straight face. I bit my lip and looked down as a sorry gesture. He rolled his eyes and smiled. Then, I held his hand and started walking towards detention.

***************************

As we entered detention, the teacher glared at us.

“Sit down, you rebels. I’m going out for a while, stay here” I was curious to know who else was here. I raked my eyes across the room.

“Looking for something hot? Over here, ” a voice I knew too well called out. My eyes narrowed to him. Kris was staring right at me. There was someone beside him, it was...Soori? She looked at me with hate and disgust.

What is she doing here? Why is she looking at me like this?

I locked eyes with her.

“Want a picture? It lasts longer, but I don’t like filthy scum looking at me” she drawled.

How could I have been friends with her?

“Oh stop drooling at my boyfriend and me” My eyes widened to her comments.

What? How?

“Don’t worry, babe. She’s just jealous but I have you” It was time to break silence.

‘’Why should I be jealous?” I said burning holes through him.

“I discovered girls who kill their fathers are worthless, and they will always be unloved.”

His words hit me like a arrow through my heart. I felt tears flood my eyes. I was done with this stupid Kris. I got up and mumbled an incoherent ‘Excuse me’ and rushed out of the class. I heard footsteps behind me, but I walked faster. I didn’t want to talk to anyone.

How could he? Did he have no heart? Why me?

The washroom was empty. I locked myself in a stall and cried. Life is unfair. It seems like every time I’m happy, life finds a reason to bring sadness back into my life. Its just not fair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! Chapter 6 is up! I'm really sorry for the delay, it seems that I can't have a fixed time for my updates, but I'll try to update as frequently as possible! 

I feel bad for making Kris the 'bad guy' in the story but he seemed really fitting. Thank you all for reading! Please comment, upvote and read. 

Don't be a silent reader :D

- RinRin^^