"Oops?"

My Everything

CHAPTER TWELVE 

*****************

Hana’s POV

My heels made a “click” noise on the stairs. My legs were shaking, my palms were sweating and I felt slightly dizzy. As the staircase was on the side of the door, I’d probably see Kai right away. My eyes were glued on the stairs. I was afraid I’d fall. As I stepped on the last step, I finally looked up.

You shouldn’t have, bad decision.

His hair was messily yet perfectly falling on his eyes. The brown gems danced and twinkled in amusement, happiness and shock. He was dressed in a black tuxedo and a white shirt perfectly tucked into his pants. His hands held a bouquet of roses.

I felt woozy just looking at him. His mouth fell when he gasped for about ten seconds. When I was done looking at him, my eyes met his. Kai cleared his throat and smiled at me.

‘Utterly beautiful’ he mouthed to himself, I think. I bit my lip and felt a blush rise on my cheeks.

“Kai, bring her back by 11pm. Have fun kids,” mom said and left us alone. I’d momentarily forgotten my mom was still standing here.

I looked at Kai and saw him intently staring at me. He took the notepad and pen he always kept in his left pocket and scribbled something down. He showed it to me: ‘You look quite perfect like always’.

I blushed and looked down shyly. He lifted my chin up. His expression softened and his eyes took my breath away. I could feel his hot breath. The way he looked at me was making me speechless. If it wasn’t for his hand holding my waist, I was pretty sure my wobbly legs would have abandoned me.

Kai released his grip and opened the door. He slightly bowed down and offered his arm to me. ‘Shall we?’ he mouthed to me. I felt a surge of adrenaline shoot though my veins. I shot him a small smile and nodded.

“We shall,” I replied, taking his arm.

***************************************

Kai and I stepped into the gym which had gotten a very successful makeover. There were balloons everywhere, the floor had been covered by fake snow and the air twinkled.

Apparently we were the last to arrive because everyone turned to look at us. Gasps could be heard everywhere. Girls shot Kai a jealous glare and the boys groaned. I was still clutching onto Kai’s arm.

Tired of their stares, I yelled: “Nothing to look at here!”

Kai smirked. We headed for a spot where there weren’t many people there. We sat down, and I felt Kai looking at me with that smirk of his. I blankly stared at the dance floor. He shook his head chuckling. He was irresistible.

Why am I thinking this way?

“Excuse me, I have to go to the restroom,” I mumbled, standing up.

I went to the restroom and locked myself in a stall. I had to regain my coolness.

I took a deep breath and went out to the spot Kai was supposed to be at. He wasn’t there.

Did he ditch me? Was I too clumsy and dumb for him?

Someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned to face Kai, holding two cups of punch. I smiled and took the drink. We each took small sips. Both our faces scrunched up, the punch was absolutely horrible.

He placed our drinks on a nearby table and dragged me to the dance floor. A slow song came on, I gasped. Kai looked at me with a cute crooked smile.

‘May I have this dance, my beautiful lady?’ he mouthed and grinned while holding my waist. My breath caught in my throat.

“I thought you’d never ask,” I said, a small adorable smile formed on his face.

I placed my head on his shoulders and we swayed to the music. I constantly looked down, hoping I won’t step on his feet.

“I’m really sorry, I’m just a terrible dancer and I could step on your feet. I don’t want to embarrass myself,” I blabbered, still looking down. Kai’s chuckles made me extremely self-conscious.

Kai lifted my head up, his eyes boring into mine. I instantly relaxed but tensed at the same time. The smile wiped off his face and he was intensely looking at me.

Was there something on my face?

I itched to touch my face, but I was unable to look away ever since his eyes met mine.

I admired his boyish features. He was just beautiful in every way possible. His eyebrows furrowed and his gaze went from my eyes to something lower on my face.

Kai was leaning closer to my face. He gave a small quirky smile; it gave me the feeling as if he knew something I didn’t.  Caressing my cheeks, he lifted my chin, our noses almost touching. I could feel the warmth of his breath brush my upper lip. My heart’s pace quickened.

Just as our lips were about to touch, I felt a cold sticky liquid slipping down my back. I gasped. The space between Kai and I was really huge. Tears formed in my eyes.

“Oops?” exclaimed a squeaky female voice.

I turned to see the girl I despised the most holding a now empty cup of punch. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, chapter 12 is up! Our female villain is back, I don't think it'd be fair if I keep writing about Kris only, right?

Thank you for reading, I would really appreciate your comments! 

Please comment, subscribe and read! :)

Love you all 

- RinRin^^