Broken

My Everything

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

**********************

Hana’s POV

“B-Brother?” I stuttered my hands sweaty from their grip on my phone.

“Sehun! Keep quiet will you? There’s a lot to talk about. Hana, come home now,” my mother demanded.

“Okay, mom.” I hung up.

A million questions were making my head hurt.

I had a brother? How? Who is he? Why is he here now?

In front of my house, a flashy red car was parked. I took my time walking to the front door and hesitantly unlocked it. I entered the living room, to see two people sitting face to face. One of them was my mom, the other one a complete stranger to me. He had brown hair, his eyes brown and chestnut like. He looked familiar.

When his gaze landed on me, he stood up.

“Who are you?” I asked, averting my eyes between my mom and him.

“I’m Sehun, your brother.”

His words hit me like a cold hand slap in the face. I was astonished, surprised and shocked.

“No, that isn’t possible. I’m the only child. Right, mom?” she put her head in her hands.

“No, Hana. I’m your brother,” Sehun said, his eyes flickering with fatigue.

“H-how?”

“I’m your half-brother. I’m older than you by approximately a year.”

“How?” I repeated.

“Your dad had a son with his ex-wife before he married me,” my mom answered, her voice throaty.

My face went slack, my mouth slightly open and I felt all colour drain from my face. I could hardly feel myself breathing. I let out a sigh and opened my mouth to speak. Then I snapped it shut. I gulped.

“Impossible.” I said my voice raspy and barely audible.

Sehun and Mom stayed very still waiting for my reaction. I regained strength.

“How could he?” I bellowed. My mom shrunk down a little, guilt taking over her.

“You knew?” By the way she put her head down gave me the answer.

“How could you?” Sehun advanced towards me and put his hand on my shoulder. I shook it off.

“She didn’t know I was going to be here,” he explained calmly.

“Why are you here now?” I struggled to keep myself calm.

“Well my mom just died-“

I quickly said, “I’m sorry for your loss.” Mad or not, he’d just lost his mother.

“Thank you. Her will indicted for me to live with my father but I just found out that-“he stopped talking.

I turned to my mom. “He can stay here, right?” My mom nodded. I shrugged, a smile forming on my face.

“Now let’s go, I’ll show you your room,” I said.

*****************************************************************

(The Next Day)

“You’re in my English and Math class. We’re locker buddies and lunch starts at 12, okay?” I said. Sehun nodded, leaning against his locker. We’d grown close as siblings. I hugged him.

But, I had a feeling that something was missing.

Kai.

I sprinted to Kai’s locker.

There he is.

I felt relief wash over me.

“Hey Kai,” I said looking at him. Something was wrong. He didn’t lift his gaze from the book he held in his hands.

“Kai,” No response.

“Kaiiiiii?” Still no response.

I waved my hands under his nose to get his attention. Finally his eyes flickered to me and his head lifted up. His lips were put in a thin line. His expression cold and hard.

“Kai, are you okay?” I asked hesitantly.

He swiftly closed his book and turned to walk away, taking long strides. I half-ran to match his speed.

“Kai, why are you ignoring me?” He kept on walking.

Fed up, I grabbed his arm forcing him to stop. I could sense his anger. His eyes went to my hand, looking disgusted and angry.

“No, I’m not letting go until you tell me what’s wrong.”

“Want to know what’s wrong? You are. Leave me alone. Consider us or whatever we had history.”

I felt my bottom lip quiver and he started to walk away. I ran after him and grabbed his arm but he resisted.

“No, please Kai. Why? What did I do? Just tell me,” I begged. He abruptly shook his arm off and turned to look at me. His expression softened for a moment then hardened again.

“Leave me alone.”

Then he left me standing in the middle of a hallway, every step hurting me.

I felt tears well in my eyes. I was feeling the emotion I felt when the nurse informed me of my father’s death. This time, it was more intense. I was feeling cold and lonely, like my heart and soul was ripped out. There was an empty cold feeling in me. Being totally unprepared and having to deal with this hurt so much. I felt myself go numb and sad. My heart continued to sink as I came to reality.

“Hana.”

I turned to see Sehun. I hugged him. He rubbed my back, I think he saw everything. But I didn’t care.

Why is this happening? What am I feeling?

In that second, I realised what it was. I realised that getting your heart broken is like dying, your heart breaking into pieces as your world crumbled apart.

---------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Is anyone surprised? Yes, Sehun is Hana's brother. :) 

This is a really short chapter, I know.  Don't get angry at me for making Kai and Hana like this, wait for the next chapter ;)

Thank you all for reading, and I really appreciate all my new subscribers. 

And I mean really really :]

Till the next chapter :-)

Love you all 

- RinRin^^