He Is Love, He Is All I Need

My Everything

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

******************

Hana’s POV

My first friend in this school. I took in her appearance with a disgusted smirk on my face. She was wearing a long, glittery red dress that reached the floor. Her hair was pulled to the side, falling on her right shoulder in cascading waves. With about a ton of make-up on her face, I didn’t see the gorgeous girl everyone saw. I saw a frail wannabe seeking for attention.

Lee Soori.

She crossed the line.

I heard gasps in the gym, every eye glued on her and me. Anger bubbled in me and my face got hot. I clenched my fists and looked at her.

“Oops? That’s all you can say? Why did you do that Soori?” I asked raising an eyebrow. My hands flickered to her hands, slightly shaking while clutching the empty cup.

“You’re a ,” she stated, shrugging her shoulder. I felt my eyebrows rise together on my forehead.

Kai’s face was covered with shock, anger and anxiousness. ‘I got this,’ I mouthed to reassure him.

“Nice guy you got here, Hana,” she shot me a death glare. I took Kai’s hand and advanced towards her. All of a sudden, I remembered why I was here. The sticky substance on my back. I let go of Kai’s extremely soft and warm hand and scanned the room with my eyes for the item I needed.

Kai handed me exactly what I was looking for with a really cute knowing smile.

I tapped Soori’s shoulder, making her face me. I smiled a little, and then poured the liquid on her hair. I was pretty sure Soori’s scream could be heard throughout the whole school. I shrugged nonchalantly.

“Oops?” the word came out of my mouth. I turned to walk away.

“You’re nothing but a little . The silent freak is ugly and disgusting. You two have a lot in common.”

I stopped in my tracks. My eyes met Kai’s. He was pleading me: ‘Don’t do anything stupid’. The pain that flickered in his sad eyes made me even madder. In a flash I was in front of her again.

“Excuse me, what did you say?” I asked my level of patience reaching its end. Her lips pulled up evilly.

“I said, you, Park Hana are a . The silent freak is the most repulsive human I’d ever seen. That explains you getting along with him so well.”

That’s when my palm collided with her face. She deserved it. I wasn’t done though.

“Listen right here, Lee Soori. If anyone’s a here, it’s you. Kai is the most amazing guy in the entire world. Insult him again, you’ll have to cross me,” I said calmly which she was still clutching her now red cheek.

For the last time and without turning back, I took Kai’s hand and walked out of the gym.

********************************************************************************

Kai has been giving me looks ever since the incident at the gym. He’d eye me with a judging look. We’re heading for my locker; I was hoping I’d find anything to wear. The sticky substance on my back made my mood worse.

“Kai, stop looking at me like that.” I exclaimed, having had enough.

He raised an eyebrow then continued staring at the cold, hard floor. I opened my locker, rummaging through it. Kai leaned against the locker beside me, observing me. I didn’t take my eyes off the mess that was my locker.

“I mean, she ruined my dress and insulted me-“I talked to myself.

“-And she insulted you. She could’ve have done anything but that! You’re a person I really care about. No one gets away with-“

I was cut off by a peck on my cheek. I stopped then turned to face him.

“Thank you,” he mouthed, smiling at me.

For a moment, I was so mesmerized by the way he’d smiled that I just wanted to stay like this forever. I shook my head to get a reality check.

“Kai, what am I going to wear now?” I whined, sounding like a little baby. He grinned then typed something on his phone: ‘Stay like this you still look beautiful,’ I blushed and looked down.

“What shall we do now?” A twinkle appeared in his eyes. Before I could process what was happening, Kai was running and carrying me at the same time.

How can he manage that? I weighed a ton!

“Kim Jongin! Put me down now!” But my pleas did nothing. When I felt a cold breeze on my face, I opened my eyes. Kai set me down on the ground while grinning. I took in our surroundings.

We were standing on the snow covered grass outside the school. The snow transformed the landscape making it look like a magical land full of wonder and undiscovered mysteries. As the snow settled, it dissolved slowly. Everything looked breathtakingly beautiful. I felt confusion flood through me.

“Kai, why are we here?”

He smiled more, a hidden secret appearing more mysterious than ever. He turned his back facing me and did something on his phone. I guess I’ll just wait. I focused on the weather and shivered, it was freezing. My teeth shattered.

Kai finally turned to face me, the music blasting from his phone. He took out a handkerchief from his pocket and laid it on the ground, putting his phone onto it.

‘Manjil suga eobseodo dwae

Aneul sudo eobseodo dwae’

“Kai will you tell me what’s going on? I’m dying over here,” I said. He took off his tuxedo jacket and placed it on me. I felt warmer. He placed his hand on my waist and my hand on his shoulder.

My breath caught in my throat. I took deep breaths to steady my heartbeat which was beating a million times faster than usual. This time, I didn’t concentrate on dancing; my attention was fully directed towards the guy holding me. Nothing in the world mattered. The way he was looking at me was making me melt. I finally understood the riddles. I figured everything out. From the sweating palms to my heart racing when I see him. From admiring his brown eyes to having dreams about him.

I felt this way about Kai because I loved him.

I don’t know what came over me, was it the way his eyes were reading my soul or the way he was absentmindly smiling at me making his eyes sparkle.

I let go of him, the song’s been over for more than five minutes ago. I plopped myself on the grass, he sat beside me. His eyebrows furrowed with worry. He was just so beautiful sitting there; it was almost as though he glowed.

“Kai, I-" I was cut off by a ringtone.

Kai jumped and grabbed his phone. When he saw the caller’s ID, his face turned red and he gave me the phone, his hand shaking with worry and concerned. He gave the phone to me and I immediately pressed the green button. I put it on speaker.

“Hello?”

“Hello, I’m guessing this is a friend of Kai’s,” greeted a manly voice, slightly trembling.

“Yes, what’s wrong?” Kai was observing my every move.

“This is Doctor Nam here, it’s about his grandmother,” Kai tensed.

“What’s wrong with her?” I asked, worried. There was a long pause.

“Her heartbeat’s slowing and she’s barely breathing…“ Doctor Nam trailed off. Kai looked like he was about to punch something.

“Say it, doctor” I exclaimed, troubled. There was a long, tired sigh on the phone.

“He has to come as soon as possible. His grandmother only has about an hour or left before…” My breath hitched in my throat as Kai gulped.

“Just tell him he has to come, it’s time to say goodbye.” He finished and hung up.

I had to run to catch up with a very worried and angry Kai sprinting towards his car.

“Take me with you,” I demanded huffing. He ignored me. I buckled my seatbelt on, just as Kai started the engine.

What scared me wasn’t the fact that he was fuming. It was the fact that I saw a little boy afraid of losing everyone he loved.

------------------

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, chapter 13 is up! As always, Hana will retaliate back ;)

Anyways, if you guys were wondering what the two lines of lyrics were, they were from the song: Touch Love by t Yoon Mirae. It was a OST from the drama Master's Sun. I really liked the song alot, so I decided to make Kai and Hana dance to that song in this chapter. :)

Thank you for reading! 

Let's have some gifs of EXO on Running Man shall we? :D

( Lay is being a cutie here)

That's it, i'm sorry if anyone hasn't seen it yet and I spoiled the surprise. 

Love you all, see you in the next update! 

- RinRin^^