When Life Turns The Other Way Round

My Everything

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

*********************

(The Next Night)

Kai’s POV

I took a last look at the mirror, satisfied with how I looked. The black vest, pale purple shirt and tie looked nice on me. I put my hair in a messy style, hoping Hana will like my look tonight. I’ve got to admit that I was embarrassed jumping into conclusions. But I’m glad she didn’t judge or ignore me.

I asked Hana and her brother out for dinner, as a make-up for what I did. I looked at the clock which displayed: 6pm. I grabbed my favourite watch and exited the house. I was meeting Hana at the restaurant. She said, “I shouldn’t depend on you, I’m an independent girl.” I mentally rolled my eyes at what she said.

On the way to the restaurant, my mind was circling around how I was lucky to have Hana. I just hoped I’d never lose her; she’s a part of my heart and soul. I had a bad feeling about today. A nagging in my chest but I shook that away. Tonight had to be perfect. Today would be my chance to ask Hana to be my official girlfriend. I thought about it. If she’s mine, I would be the happiest man on Earth.

A couple of minutes later, I reached the restaurant. It had a homey feel to it. I was waiting for Hana and her brother to arrive. I kept my eyes on the door, tapping my foot on the floor in impatience. I heard the ring of the bell, signaling that someone has arrived. Hana giggled with her brother, while walking in. All breath got caught in my throat.

Hana’s hair was messily styled and her eyes were coated with dark purple eye shadow. She wore a blue dress with different designs that made her figure look stunning. Her long legs seemed endless in black leggings. Our eyes met and she smiled, making my heart flutter.

I stood up and pulled the chair opposite me. She shook her head and chuckled a little. Sehun sat down beside her. After seating down, she opened to say something but her stomach beat her to it. She blushed and looked down.

“Let’s order now,” I said with a small smile on my face. We each took a menu and scanned it. After a couple of seconds and having decided what our meals would be, I was just about to call a waiter over but I was a little too late. As if he overheard us, a tall waiter came to us, smiling. He flashed a secret smile to Hana that made me tensed.

“What will be your orders?”

“Two lasagnas please,” I said ordering for Sehun and me.

“Okay, perfect. And what will this beautiful lady have?” asked the idiotic waiter, winking at Hana. Sehun stiffened in his seat. My eyes flashed with anger. I took her hand from across the table and held it tightly in my eyes as I put on a forced smile.

“My lady will have spaghetti,” the waiter, whose name tag read Ben, stiffened.

“Very well then, your orders will arrive shortly. It’s my break though, would you want to accompany me?” he asked Hana.

He’s persistent isn’t he?

Hana froze then turned her gaze to our entwined fingers uncomfortably. I opened my mouth to say something but Sehun beat me to it.

“Jerk, get out of here before I make you regret working here.”

“Wait until Kris meets you, he’d beat the heck out of you,” Ben said before he left.

I looked at Hana, she was sitting there silently. Sehun clenched his jaw. I instantly regretted bringing her to this restaurant.

Wait, Kris. Kris. Why does that name sound so familiar?

Sehun was raging, Hana was quiet and I was confused.

Why does it feel like Sehun knows Kris?

“Do you know Kris, Sehun?” I asked Sehun. He nodded.

“Kris and I were friends back then. We were really close. He was dating a girl called Mi Hi. He did terrible stuff to her when they were together. He cheated on her. She left him, because she fell for me. He was very angry; he thought I lured Mi Hi away from him. But I did not like her back. He then migrated to study here.” Hana widened her eyes. I guessed this was her first time hearing this as well.

“So that explains why Kris kept picking on Hana in school,” I said, shock and anger pounding in my veins.

“He did what?” Sehun asked angrily. I explained everything that has happened so far to him.

“He probably kept picking on Hana because he knew I was her brother. Hana was the only one who didn’t know it,” he said, with an apologetic look that was replaced with anger after seeing the waiter.

“Here are your orders,” said a voice. I looked up and saw the devil himself, handing out our plates in no respective order. He hadn’t looked at us, so he couldn’t see Sehun’s surprised and bewildered expression. He was boiling with anger.

“What are you doing here?” asked Sehun, his face red. Kris turned to look at Sehun. His face flashed into different emotions: shock, anger and cockiness.

“Well look who’s here. Sehun. Long time no see, friend.” He drawled. I sensed annoyance building up in me.

“Kris.” Sehun’s eyes were shooting fire. He stood up, now face to face with Kris.

“That glare, oh I’m so scared. Who is this? The boy who can’t speak?” I didn’t know if it was the way he spoke or the way he’d insulted me in a baby voice but in a flash I stood up as well.

“You’re an . See? I can speak.” He raised his eyebrows, debating if he should answer or stay silent.

“I’m guessing that of my ex-girlfriend is here. Where is she?” he asked. Sehun grabbed his collar.

“Talk about yourself first, are you even a man? Cheating on a girl and you didn’t even hesitate to admit it,” Kris shook him off and smirked again. He looked at Hana with a lustful look in his eyes.

“Did you know who my next target is? It’s none other than your y little sister Sehun,” he said advancing towards Hana.

Before I knew what I was doing, I stormed to him and my fist connected with his face. Ben was immediately on Kris’s side, shooting glares at me. The whole restaurant had gone silent, anticipating every move. Kris looked at me with absolute fury, his broken nose oozing blood.

“She’s mine; keep your dirty hands off her.”

Kris cracked his neck and advanced towards me. He was towering over me. I kept my eyes locked with his, feeling no fear at all. He raised his fist. After a second I could feel blood trickling to my lips.

That was when everything began.

Ben slammed his fists into my stomach. The pain was bearable, but the more he punched the more the power in his scrawny arms got bigger. I kneed him in the groin and pushed him away, making him stumble to the ground groaning. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins. It’s the first time after a long time I’ve felt like this.

I turned to Sehun who Kris had in a tight headlock. Every breath of air seemed to escape from Sehun’s body. If he stayed like this for a couple more seconds, he could faint or possibly die. Kris was whispering words in Sehun’s ear that seemed to make Sehun furious. I elbowed Kris on the back. Surprised, he let go of Sehun. Sehun kicked his knees so he crumpled back on the ground. I punched Kris repetitively till my hands were bruised.

After a couple of minutes of just punching him, I got up and wiped the blood from my lips on my sleeve. Tears were streaming down her face and her face was flashing with so many emotions I couldn’t decipher of. Her eyes displayed fear for me. Her lips were trembling and her hands were shaking. A pang hit my chest; she’d never seen me fight before.

The next seconds were a complete blur to me.

“No!” Hana screamed.

She was running towards me in full speed. The terror in her eyes alarmed me. Before I could ask what was wrong, she pushed me away. I swiftly turned to see why she did that.

Kris was holding two bottles of wine in his hand. Before I could realise what was happening, those two bottles came crashing on Hana’s head. 

------------------

Author's Note:

;-)

This was my very first fight scene, I apologise if it wasn't up to your standard or if you couldn't visualize it. 

Thank you all for reading, and subscribing. I appreciate every read and subbies and all the comments as well. 

Till the next chapter :-)

Love you all 

- RinRin^^