Different

My Everything

CHAPTER FIVE

**************************

Kai’s POV

She fell asleep on my shoulder soundlessly. The sun was inches away from the horizon. I’ve been laying here for what seemed like forever, admiring her beauty. Her hair fell to her shoulders, gently being blown by the breeze. Her lips were pinker than roses. She slightly scrunched up her nose, ever so faintly in her sleep. I felt like I could stay like this forever, just watching her sleep. I embraced her warm touch; she’d been snuggling against me.

I drew and drew without a care of the time, filling my treasured sketchbook with drawings of her. She was like a little baby, so delicate and innocent-looking. When I saw her cry back then, I felt the need to put my arms around her and wipe her tears away. I wanted to comfort her, to tell her ‘It’ll be ok’. But all I could do was watch her and draw; I can’t speak to her no matter how much I want to. I just can’t…

Why are you thinking that way?

After being friendless for more than eight years, she popped into my life like a lively bubble. She was the first one to be compassionate towards me. I won’t forget the expression on her face when she understood what I was. It wasn’t like the others.

She has been through sorrow, just like me.

A mute, someone who can’t speak. No voice. Losing my voice was the most horrible thing that ever happened to me. I leaned back on the tree and closed my eyes. I couldn’t sleep, not anymore. I spent my nights drawing, reading and listening to music. Keeping to myself felt really lonesome at times, but it was equally peaceful.

“Kai? Did you fall asleep? Oh god, I fell asleep,” a gentle voice said.

**********************************************************************

Hana’s POV

I was sleeping on something really comfortable. I fluttered open my eyes and look around dazed. I looked up and found Kai sleeping while leaning on the tree. He looked so innocent.

“Kai? Did you fall asleep? Oh god, I fell asleep.” I gasped, remembering what had happened. I feel asleep beside Kai!

His eyes were closed, he looked so peaceful. I admired him; beautiful was all I could think. His eyes fluttered open; he smiled when he looked at me.

“Good morning, sleepyhead.” I said, teasing him. He scribbled something on his sketchbook, and then showed it to me: ‘If anyone slept here, it was you’

I felt a faint blush rise to my cheeks, and I put my head down.

"What time is it?” I asked, changing the subject. He pointed at his watch that displayed: 7pm.

Mom is going to kill me!

I got up in one jolt and panicked as though I had gone crazy.

“Oh my god! My mom is going to freak out” I exclaimed waving my hands about.

He stood up and looked at me as though I was a freak. He took a deep breath and he pointed at me, asking me to do the same. I did the same. I smiled gratefully and he bowed a little. I giggled.

Suddenly his eyes got big; there was a twinkle in them.

“What is it? What?” I asked, intrigued. He made a twirl with his index finger and I understood it. I turned around to find the park illuminated with perfect dust golden.

It was sunset, wonderful scenery. This meant camera time.

“Wait, I need to call my mom. She must be worried” He nodded in comprehension.

After convincing my mother that I was safe, I asked her to allow me to be back by nine. Knowing her, she agreed and I blew a kiss to the phone.

Kai grinned at me, his pearly whites showing. I grabbed my camera and ran to the empty side of the park.

Kai.

I stopped running, and turned around. He was nowhere to be seen. Then, someone zoomed past me.

Oh yeah?

I went to full speed, and pulled my tongue out while I overtook him. He just smirked, a nice smirk. I took his hand and ran to the perfect spot. His hand was soft and our hands fit perfectly together. It was like the last piece for a puzzle. I shook those distracting thoughts off and held my camera in my hand.

Red, pink, purple, yellow and orange hues had all mixed together in the sky. Just looking at it brought a sense of tranquillity in my heart. The sun was melting into the sky and a warm glow filled the park. The atmosphere was dazzling. The sphere was turning a darker grey. In comparison to the sun, the night was a beauty in its own way. I took pictures of every moment. I felt the same happiness and contentment in my heart again.

Kai set beside me and we both just gazed at the beautiful sky, letting it fill through our hearts.

I knew in my heart that this moment would mark the beginning of something new.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

And here we have a short POV from Kai! :)

I hope you all enjoyed it, I liked writing this short chapter. The other chapters will be longer! :)

Thank you all for reading! Please comment, subscribe and read! :) I would really appreciate your comments as well :)

-RinRin ^^