Like A Queen

My Everything

CHAPTER ELEVEN 

**********************************

Hana’s POV

Today’s Friday and there was school today. The girls complained, we have to prepare for perfect hair and makeup that would take hours to master. The horrifying thing was: I didn’t have anything to wear. All I had was a dress that was two sizes too small. Thus, I made the decision to skip school today and go dress-shopping for the dance.

I informed my mom who was still asleep. It was really strange she’d been always going out in the afternoon and coming back after midnight. I was determined to have a talk with her after the dance.

I headed to my mom’s bright red car and started the engine, driving the car in the direction of the mall.

*********************

After reaching the mall, I went into a random store which I didn’t catch the name of. Once inside, I was amazed. This was the fanciest store I’ve ever been to. There was a huge chandelier that lightened up the store, making it look like a thousand candles hung under the ceiling. There were chic cushions almost everywhere. The walls were painted a creamy elegant white. On some parts of the wall, there were vines painted on it. But that wasn’t what that made my mouth go dry. The dresses were the cause; they were in every place I laid my eyes on. A hundred shades of every single colour in the world.

I took a random dress, and then tried it on. It was tube floor length bright green dress. There was absolutely nothing special about it, although the jewels on the end of the dress made it look less plain.

I was fed up with these dresses. I’ve been trying on for two hours now. They were all beautiful, but I made them look plain.

“If I may, I think I have the perfect dress for you,” the sophisticated saleswoman said, her nametag read: May.

“Please help me,” I pleaded. She disappeared for a while, and then came back with the white box. I took the box and sprinted to the dressing room.

I opened the huge white box and inside laid a perfectly folded midnight blue gown. I drew it out of the box and shook it out. It revealed its true glory as I took in the beauty of it. The way the sequenced fabric flowed was elegant. I was itching to try it on. I tried to picture it: me at the dance, wearing this beautiful gown and blushing at Kai’s surprised expression. I could already see the twinkle in his beautiful, brown eyes. This dress was the most beautiful dress I’ve ever seen. I slipped it on and to my surprise it flawlessly fit me. I faced the mirror.

Who’s this girl?

Her chestnut eyes seemed to be sparkling. Her skin seemed to be glowing. The dress molded her torso beautifully complimenting her shape. The gown draped past her toes, slightly drifting from her legs. Its strapless style revealed her collarbones wrapped in smooth, luring skin. This girl was me, the dress made me feel beautiful.

I felt like something was missing. I looked into the box and found my answer: a gorgeous pair of heels the same colour as the dress. I put them on and marveled at their comfort.

“Thank you so much May,” I told her. She nodded while smiling.

After purchasing it, I made my way back home. I had 3 hours to get ready.

********************************************************************

“We have three hours to make you look like a queen,” my mom said.

“Oh, come on! I just need a little make-up and then I have to put my dress on! That doesn’t take three hours!” I cried out.

“We need to make you look like the most beautiful girl at the dance,” shushed my mother.

I huffed and crossed my arms together.

My mother looked very serious as she examined me. I was currently sitting on a chair, my back directed towards a big mirror. She insisted on making my look a surprise to me, I can’t look at my reflection until the very end of her work.

“We’ll start with makeup,” she declared, taking her make-up kit.

I sighed; this is going to be the longest hours of my life.

********************************************************

After two hours and forty-five minutes with pampering, Mom smiled with pride. I was so sick and tired waiting for so long.

“So? How do I look?” I asked nervously. She smiled.

“Stand up and take a look at my marvelous work,” she ordered. I stood up and turned to face the mirror.

There stood a girl with indescribable beauty. Her hair was a rich shade of chestnut brown. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing skin. Her eyes framed with eyeliner were popping out in a bright chestnut colour. Her cheeks were tainted by a dark colour of red. Her red lips made the stranger look mature as they curved into a smile. The dress she wore fit her like a second skin in an elegant way.

The alien in the mirror was me?

I grinned then gave my mother a hug.

“Its 6pm now and Kai should be here any minute now,” my Mom reminded me.

He’s coming.

He might be on his way; he might even be in front of the doorstep.

“Hana, breathe” my mom commanded.

I let the air flow deeply through my lungs, I felt relaxed.

The doorbell rang.

Deep breaths.

He’s here.

--------------------------------

Author's Note:

Chapter 11 is up! This is more of a filler chapter, the picture of Hana's dress is above. :)

Thank you for reading, I would really appreciate your comments! 

 

Please comment, subscribe and read. I appreciate my 13 subbies that I have, thank you so much! 

Love you all! 

- RinRin^^