I Want You To Stay

My Everything

CHAPTER EIGHT

***************************************

(Kai’s POV)

I followed her closely behind. She walked through the halls with her head kept down. Our legs just moved and moved. I didn’t know where she was taking me. We were now outside the school, at the field. I was on her side, confused.

What am I supposed to do now?

Suddenly, she put her arms around me, her face buried in my shoulder. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her. She held onto me as if her life depended on it. I her long, silky hair soothingly. I waited for my shirt to get wet with her tears, which never happened. How could she who was looking fierce and invisible a few moments ago appear so frail and breakable now? An emotion passed through me, I was happy that she was holding me.

What’s wrong with me?

We stayed like that for long. I continued her hair, hoping she’d calm down. At one point, she let go and sat on the grass, crossing her legs and putting her head in her hands. I sat opposite her, and slightly ducked my head to look at her. I removed her hands. She was startled to see me staring at her. She looked so tired. I hated seeing her like this. I mouthed: ‘Talk to me’

“You know Kai, I hate myself so much. I’m so vulnerable and weak. Ever since my dad died, I always feel alone. I’ve never been able to be truly happy. Everyone would pity me. When I moved to high school, no one knew about the accident, I kept it a secret. People said I had a perfect life. But they have no idea how many times I cried myself to sleep.” She said her voice raspy.

“My dad died, I survived. I always wished I’d died instead of him. That would’ve been better, I wouldn’t feel like this. I’ve been lying to myself, lying to everyone that I was fine. Whenever I think of ending it all, I think of my mom and dad, they wouldn’t be proud of me if I took my own life away. So I try to be happy, no matter how much I try, I’d end up being more miserable. I’m tired of everything Kai” she said, her eyes glued to the ground as if she was ashamed of herself. She then looked up at the sky, and saw some birds flying in the sky while chirping happily. 

“Birds fly in the sky and they seem so free. They’re almost never alone. Would you be a bird with me, Kai?” She asked dryly.

One lone tear slid down her cheek, and the others followed. They seemed unstoppable.

I tried to restrain myself from reaching out and wiping her tears, but I failed. I grazed my fingers under her eyes to stop her tears from falling. She closed her eyes. I had the sudden urge to kiss her forehead.

Ignore it, Kai!

I stared at her, she was so beautiful. She opened her eyes again.

“Thank you, Kai. You’re the best thing that’s happened to me in a while.” It took me five seconds to process her words, she said them so meaningfully.

I nodded and mouthed, “You really are beautiful, you know.”

She blushed and smiled. Hana put her head down, and started playing with the grass. My adorable angel was embarrassed.

Wait, what? My adorable angel?

I smiled in return, ignoring what I thought seconds ago. I was happy that I was the cause for a little bit of joy.

“After this ty day, how about we skip school? Classes have already started anyway” she said her eyes glinting with excitement. I laughed, she looked like a little kid who was about to do something bad. I shook my head making her frown. I mouthed: ‘No way in hell’

“Pretty please with a cherry on top?” she begged with her puppy-dog face on.

Ugh, how could I resist it?

I huffed in surrender. She stood up and jumped around.

“Let’s go eat ice-cream!” she said grinning.

*********************************************

After two ice-creams and lots of laughter, Hana said she wanted to go home. It was only 12 though, still early but I obliged. I stopped the car in front of her house.

“Thank you, Kai. You’re the best friend that every girl should have” she said in happiness. She said smiling.

Before I could process what was happening, she leaned forward and pecked my cheek. She got out of the car, waving goodbye as I started the engine. I flashed a small smile before driving away.

I had a question in mind.

Why was my heart beating so fast?

------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Yay, double update! :) 

Chapter eight is up! This chapter isn't edited as well, I'll edit as soon as I'm free! I know it's a short chapter and sort of a filler, but we need some Kai and Hana moments don't we? :p

Thank you for reading! I would appreciate your comments :)

Please comment, read and subscribe! :)

(P.S: The next update will be next week, see you next week!)

- RinRin^^