Hold You

My Everything

CHAPTER TWENTY

***************

Kai’s POV

(In school, two months later)

Heading towards my locker, I sensed the stares at me but it was nothing new. The only thing that differed was girls sending me flirty stares, which I replied to with a stone hard glare. I took out the books and slammed my locker. I put on my jacket and left the school. The school was unwelcoming and all I could do was stay silent to the not-so-silent whispers.

I started the car’s engine and headed towards the hospital.

Where else would I go anyway?

******************************

My heart felt heavy as I locked the car and looked up at the building she was in. I hated it with all my heart and soul. It brought me so much of sadness a person could never get. Here at the age of ten, I found out that my family was dead. About two months ago, my grandmother lost her last breath here. Now, Hana is in a coma in the same damned hospital.

I walked through the halls, only stopping at room 141. The nurse came out of the room, clutching her clipboard. She shut the door and noticed me.

“Is she better?” I mouthed.

“I’m sorry, there’s no progress,” she said in pity. She patted my shoulder and walked away.

Dread washed over me. My shoulders slumped and I went into her room. I found my chair and sat by her side. Her hair had lain beneath her head on the pillow. Her long eyelashes framed her eyes, which were tightly shut. Her features were serene, the tube on her nose enabling her to breathe. She looked so peaceful.

I placed my lips on hers then pulled back. I wrapped her hand with mine, clearing my throat.

“Hey, Hana,” I whispered, barely audible.

My voice was hoarse. Well it wasn’t a surprise because I hadn’t spoken in these two months. I just couldn’t force any words out of me, I had no reason to. She was the reason why I started to speak to people again after all.

“How are you today, are you better?”

I tried every time, hoping with all my heart and soul to get a response.

If any other boy was in my position, I was pretty sure the atmosphere would’ve been awkward although I felt really comfortable. I knew that Hana was somehow listening and that she didn’t mind.

Are you even sure she’s listening?

“I know you’re pretty tired of hearing the same thing everyday but I just want to say that I-I really miss you. Please come back. I miss you so much, I’m just breaking apart.”

By now my voice was breaking.

“It’s so hard to live with this everyday. The guilt. Knowing that I should’ve taken the hit, not you. I should’ve knocked Kris unconscious so he couldn’t have hit you. I-I should’ve told my parents that I didn’t want anything for my birthday. I should have stopped them from going out that night. I wanted an airplane, the kind that’s remotely controlled. I wanted to see it fly. But I never did. I lost my parents and little sister a week before my birthday. And now here you are.”

“You can’t leave me, Hana. You can’t okay? You’re going to fight this and wake up. You’re going to wake up. I miss you so damn much, you have no idea how much everything hurts. I want you to come back to me.”

“Please,” I mumbled kissing her head.

“I love you,” I murmured.

I walked into the halls and reached the cafeteria. It was almost empty. I bought a sandwich and sat down. I saw Sehun and tapped his shoulder.

“Oh, hey Kai.”

I took a seat in front of him.

Kris had spent two months in jail and was fired from the restaurant. I haven’t seen him since that damned day and I didn’t want to.

I typed some words, and showed them to Sehun: ‘What happened between Mi Hi and Kris?”

“Mi Hi and Kris were the golden couple in school. Kris was my best friend. During the whole winter break last year, Kris was in Canada. When he came back, he completely changed. He started smoking, drinking and flirting. With time, they started disagreeing with each other and having fights. There was once he slapped her. And then he started snapping at Mihi for everything. He’d physically hurt her everytime, slapping and kicking her. I was there for her all the time; she was my best friend after all. Whenever she was down, I was there for her to cheer her up. But I didn’t expect her to fall for me. After Kris knew about it, we got into a fight. He accused me of stealing Mi Hi from her. A couple of weeks later, Kris left to come here and I never saw him again.”

After hearing this story, I got reminded of my younger sister, Hye Mi who died. She was only four years old. At that time, I imagined an older me threatening boys to take care of her and to never hurt her. I was excited for her to grow up.

Stop thinking about her.

A single tear ran down my cheek.

I lost my sister for a birthday gift.

I lost my parents for an airplane.

I murdered them.

I killed them.

It was my entire fault.

******************

Kai’s POV

(Feb 14, Valentines Day)

Valentines Day.

I was wearing a gray sweater and dark blue jeans. I combed my hair to look a little messy; I knew Hana liked it better when it was messy. I remembered buying the bouquet of red roses, her favourite kind of flowers. I patted the pocket of my jacket, checking if the jewellery box is there. In the box, there was a beautiful necklace with a silver snowflake as the charm. I chose this necklace because it reminded me of one of the most memorable days in my life. It was the day she and I kissed for the first time. The day when I realized I loved her. I had a tiny speck of hope that she’d wake up today.

Even though she was in a coma, I wanted to make her happy. My heart ached at the thought of me wrapping my arms around her, something I’ve missed so much. I wanted to hold her with the feeling of knowing that she was safe and sound. I wanted to listen to her talk and-

You’re only hurting yourself by thinking about her, stop.

Suddenly my phone started vibrating and ringing. I pulled it out and confusion flooded all over me. I saw that it was Sehun. He never calls. I answered, holding the phone to my ear.

“Kai. You need to come to the hospital right now, do you hear me?” he said, his voice shaking.

“Why?” I managed to choke out, fearing his answer. 

“………Hana’s dying.”

--------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there everyone. I'm back again, with a new chapter. I know it has been months since I updated but I'm really busy with school.

And, the story is coming to a end as well. If I do find time, I might be writing another fanfic but im not really sure if I will.

Thank you all for reading and subscribing. I appreciate every read and subbies and all the comments as well. ♡

Till the next chapter. 

Love you all ♡

- RinRin^^