Gun shot.

Kaiminzy.

She laid down panting lifelessly, blood dripping onto the used to be clean floor. Taking in a deep breath as she exhaled shakily. The gun shot pierced through her back painfully as she took the bullet for the one she loved. Her head slowly turning to her right to see Kai beating the life out of the guy who shot her and soon, he too laid there silently - blood running down from his nose. Minji hissed at the sudden shock of pain and shifted a little. Her face turning pale as she gulped, the pain was harder to bear each minute and all she wanted next to her was no one else but Kai. He eventually rushed to the girl as he kneeled down. Wrapping his arm around her neck to lift her up slightly. He brushed off the strands of hair covering her face and winced at the sight of her being so weak. Kai was sobbing by now, guilt rushed through his entire being.

"Why did you take the bullet for me." He asked. "Why the hell did you take the bullet for me Gong Minji!"

Minji managed to break into a small smile, her eyes teary as she breathlessly answered him. "Did you hate me?"

Kai shooked his head violently. It was not true but he knew he had to avoid being with her in order for her to be safe. Because he loved her, he needed her alive, he wants her to be there after all he needed to do was over. It was insanely painful as well to be ignoring the one he loved but he wasn't allowed to fall for anyone from the start either. He was warned multiple of times after he returned from Thailand. He was here to assist his father for the revenge planned. Above all that, he was brought to this painful sight of Minji laying lifelessly on his arms. She saw how her hooded eyes widened instantly as she broke into a smile.

"I - i'm glad you don't. I'm just happy," she gulped. "I-It wasn't you who was shot." She let out a shaky breath as she continued.

"You've done s-so much for me.. I didn't know how to thank you. I- i s-shot you the other time.." she raised her hand slowly to caressed his face. "It m-must've h-hurt this bad..."

Kai shook head, lifting her higher as she hugged her tightly. "No.. no.." he denied. "Shut up, just shut up!" He pulled away to cup her face, her eyes slowly closing as her hand fell back to ground.

"Yah Kai! Do they need some more beat-" His assistant froze as he saw the situation. Dropping the irrelevant box down, he walked towards the couple. "Ya ya ya! what happened! Minji ah!" Kai sat there, sobbing silently as he hugged the unconscious girl tightly. Suho paced back and forth unsure of what to do. He fished his phone out call for the doctor after being shouted at.

"Y-yes Doctor Lee, are you available now?"

_______________________________________________

"Suho please close the blinds." The doctor put on her coat as she rushed to the unconscious girl. She cut out the blood covered jacket Minji was wearing as well as her T-shirt to take a closer look of the wound. "A gun shot again?" Sojin sighed.

The antiseptic poured on the wound caused the girl to wince as she slowly turned concious. Kai's eyes widened as she grabbed on the girls hand, squeezing it as he placed light kissed on her temples. Sojin began the test for Minji's blood and frowned at the results.

"Kai you have to go to the hospital. She lost too much blood." Sojin voiced out after checking the result. Kai looked up urgently, his hand trembling as he shook his head in denial.

"No. They took her there, they are still finding her. You yourself know what would happen to her once they get their hands on her sojin!"

"Kai i'm an animal doctor! I don't have blood here!"

"Then take mine! I'm O, take as much as you want,"

"It's dangerous for you too Kai!" He eyed Minji and faced the doctor again.

"I don't care. Just.. just save her please."

Kai laid on the floor, with the cord injected to him was connected to the girl as well. Both staring at each other and she smiled slowly. Reaching her hand out silently for him to take it. "It's gonna be okay," He assured her as he pecked on her knuckles lightly.

"I'm gonna put you to sleep now Minji sshi." Minji nodded lightly, her eyes hooded by now and was unconscious a second after.

"Suho." The operation ended successfully and the girl was now sleeping comfortably on the couch. Worn out by whatever that happened. "What kind of person is she?" With eyes still closed, Suho sunk further into the other couch as he laughed."She's stronger than you'll ever think she is. Look at her, both parents died and she's still living her life."

Kai's eyes was still fixed on the girl, his thumb rubbing her hand slowly as he moved to caressed her face. "Do you think she'll survive without me? Will she be okay?"

"That's pretty obvious. Like I said, she has been alone for years now Kai." Suho groaned as he shifted to a comfortable position. "Get some sleep Kai ah, you did alot and lost some blood."

"Whatever, just go to sleep."

_____________________________

"Kai, my back is hurt. Not my legs, I can walk."

"If I'm letting you down, it won't be own your feet." Minji sighed, giving into him as he laid her down on his bed. He adjusted the comforter and sat next to her. Brushing the strands of hair covering her face as he stared at her. "Stay here for awhile. Until you recover and until they stop searching for you, you stay."

She was unsure of what to do. She wanted to leave, to not agree with him but there was no way out. Kai had always been very possesive and controlled. Whatever he wants, he gets. However, things don't work that way eversince he met her. He needed her alive and heathy. For him at least and to hold on a little longer. There was no doubt she had hated him for the passed few weeks. Especially after the short moment of her confessing only for him to push her away more. Minji wanted to leave him, like how he wanted her to. To dissappear out of his sight and it hurt really bad after he submitted his resignation letter after she confessed. It had seemed like he dilebrately did that for her to really leave and hate him. But she knew things were not going right for him. He was hiding something from her and she needed to find out. And that was what she did. Finding every possible hints as to what he was hiding all this while. Until then she remembered shooting the guy. He seemed familliar, his eyes were drilling into hers just like Kai's. Even with the mask, his body posture, the way he acts, it was all to exact like Kai's. She remembered, hovering her hand over to cover half of his face just like the mask while he was asleep. And as he opened his eyes, staring right back at her - it was confirmed the guy she shot was definitely Kai. 

"Suho's gonna cook you something, i'm coming back with new clothes. So just rest alright." Minji nodded slowly, her eyes avoiding his after that. Upset with his behaviour, he should have told her and admitted about his own identity and they could work it out together. But instead, he decided on pushing her away, pushing everything away as if they all don't matter when infact, they actually do. Kai raised his eyebrows, looking at her sinking on the bed further as she pulled up the comforter to cover half of her face. She wasn't even facing him and he knew exactly why but still walked away.

The next day came up in a blink of an eye. Since she slept around midnight, she had woke up slightly later. She groaned as she sat up slowly, her attention was brought to the silky dress shirt with tights folded neatly at the edge of the bed. Her eyes shifted to Suho when he suddenly appeared, telling her to go take a shower while he cooks for lunch. Minji smiled, nodding slightly before she stood up with the assitance of Suho as he led her to the bathroom. It stinked, the wound. Not the smell but how painful it was after the warm water rushed down her whole body. She put on her clothes slowly and gently, wincing at the slight pain before she head back to Kai's bedroom. She threw the blood stained clothes from the day before as she put it neatly at the side. Minji was lost now. She had a chance to leave quietly since Kai wasn't home or stay and listen to him. Part of her was ready to satisfy what he wanted, to leave him but another was just crying for her to stay by his side and not give up. Minji sat at the edge of the bed quietly, her mind was a mess. Minji sighed, agreeing to her decision as she stood up slowly, adjusting her blouse she head downstairs to the living room to see if Kai was there. She gasped quietly when Kai appeared infront of her, coincidentally walking to meet her as well. Before he could say anything, she walked passed him, ignoring the dumbfounded guy. 

"You can throw away my clothes," Minji said, stopping halfway. "I'll email you back this clothes after i'm done washing them."

Hearing he had no response, she continued. "I'm leaving for real this time. If my house isn't safe, i'll stay with Sojin. I promise, i won't bother you anymore and don't worry, i'll be just fine. Till then, thank you for everything." Minji blinked, a single running down her cheeks as she sniffed, wiping it with the back of her hand. 

Just as she was about to walk further, his warm hands grabbed on hers. Stopping her again but she was having none of that. She wasa exhausted and if that was what he wanted, so be it. Minji gently pushed his hand away, letting those hang uselessly by his sides as she contiued walking. Kai stood there, staring at the well cleaned floors, hearing her footsteps slowly fading as he sighed. Rushing to her as he gently pulled her closer. Wrapping an arm around waist as he leaned forward to rest his chin on her shoulder. His thumb rubbing her sides slowly, he wasn't going to let her go. He didn't want her anywhere else but with him.

"Don't go," He whispered, nuzzling his nose on her neck as she blinked out the tears she had been holding. Minji smiled, nodding her slowly as she held his arm tht was still tight around her waist. Kai turned her around, cupping her face as she looked up at the guy towering her. "It's gonna be hard but you need to stay by my side. I promise this will all be over soon. Trust me?" 

Minji nodded, smiling as she tip toed to peck on the guys lips. Kai smirked, pulling her back to the room as he pushed her gently to sit on the bed. "You have to change your bandage. You're gonna get infection if you don't." 

Minji snatched the first aid box away from him before he could do anything. "I'm not a kid Kai, I can-"

"Shut up." He snatched the box from her as he took out the required tools. Minji started mumbling to herself, something he couldn't understand but he knew it was about him. She frowned and pouted the whole time he changed the bandage. Just then, she started a conversation, breaking the silence.

"How was Thailand?" She asked, that questione had lingered in her mind for quite sometime but never really had the chance to ask him.

"It was okay. All i do is train with my dad and.." Minji turned around to face him, only to see him smirk. He leaned closer as he continued. "and get girls." He pecked her lips and chuckled at her expression.

Minji scoffed and dilabrately wiped her lips. "So, you had a girlfriend there?"

"Yea," Kai replied, a hint of sarcasm but Minji was too slow to get it.

"Oh. How was she like?"

Kai chuckled, joking around further after hearing her  question. "She reminded me of you."

"Oh?"

"Yea, she likes to eat alot. She nags alot, she loves to piss people off. She's beautiful and strong. Oh, and also, she loves it when i touch her.."

Minji's eyes widened. "Hey! I don't like it when you touch me! E-except for now.. you need to change my bandage.."

Kai smiled cheekily, pasting the the bandage gently on her wound as he put the tools back in place. "Okay okay, whatever. We're done now. Go down and eat you lunch, i'm gonna work."

Minji grabbed onto the guys hand lightly. "You're .. going out again?"

"No." Kai smirked. "I'm staying okay, i'll be in the office room. I know you can't stand a minute without being with me so i'm staying."

Minji scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Whatever you say.''