This love (2)

Kaiminzy.

It has been a year now and things have gotten different. In a way that Jongin was way more committed to what was happening in the house and also he has gotten a little talkative. Not the hyper kind of talkative but the 'I don't care but I'm still asking' kind of talkative. Eventhough things still was pretty tense and rough around him at home, it was actually much more easier for Minji to cope with him compared to last year. Jongin has also been coming home frequently for dinner and he can't deny that Minji's cook was amazing but still, that ego wouldn't be put down to praise her. He still needed his arrogant side as well as the ignorant one. So it will take time for him to open up slowly. Minji had been pondering as to why was her husband acting so differently. Her doubts and insecurities increased day by day thinking he had found someone new - someone better than her. Having to think about it, she couldn't blame him either. She wasn't much anyway, no thin legs and thin arms with nice collar bones. She was thick. From her chest to her . Everything. Everything was a complete change and she can't help but to stay onto the topic until now. 

In the meanwhile, Minji was cutting vegetables since today was a special day. She had set up many different kind of dishes and is making the popular dubboki as a snack for the guests later on. Yes, guest. It was the 14th of January which marks her husband, Jongin's birthday. In an obvious case, everyone would be coming over after the party at the Ritz Cartlon Hotel to have some sort of discussion and also to talk to Minji and Jongin. Yet again, since she was his wife, she wondered why don't he bring her along. Her mind was everywhere. Lost in her  thoughts that was draining with negativity not realizing the sharp blade nearing her finger. Not until it cut her index finger as she jumped back - landing onto a warm feeling chest as she turned around quickly. There, her husband was standing all ready with his suit and tie and she really couldn't help but to stare and admire right at that point of time.  Falling for him should be a sin but here she is, trapping herself into that hole. She was lost in her thoughts until she saw his hand moved as she flinched. Preparing for a hit.

Jongin had to admit it was incredibly painful for her to react that way. Everything was just so hurtful and it was getting fustrating day by day. He knew deep inside he wasn't the arrogant mean jerk people know him as. It was just the love of his life that he had to leave just for the marriage. And he vowed to never fall for Minji but for the past few months he had been falling harder and deeper for her. The fact that she was now terrified by him made his heart shatter to pieces. She was so innocent and fragile, he spoiled her. 

"Let's clean that cut and you get dress." He said, grabbing her wrist gently as he pulled her to sit down.

"But the dinner.. I am not done with-" 

"I've called someone to complete it. I don't want to go to my party without a partner."

"Oh.." That was all she was able to say. Her heart clenched hearing what he said, feeling as though she was used. There was a pinch of disappointment in her voice that Jongin did not fail to notice. 

He smirked upon the reaction as he wrapped a plaster around her finger before looking up to look at her. "I wouldn't want to go there without my wife either." 

___________________

"This is my wife."

Being introduced to every single person in the hall made Minji dizzy but her heart was beating incredibly fast. 'My wife..' this two words rang in her head countless of times as she looked towards Jongin. He was busy entertaining the other business partners he had and had asked her to go and get a drink. She leaned against the beautifully painted walls and her mind wondered onto many different things. Not paying attention to the atmosphere in the hall. Minji was interrupted with a tap on a shoulder as she turned around. Greeted by a stunningly handsome guy dressed like Jongin only his hair was down.

"You must be Jongin's wife." Minji nodded, smiling awkwardly. "I'm sehun, his close friend. Well I'm not the only one. If you can see," He pointed towards a group of other stunning guys and continued,"that is our clique." 

"O-oh, I'm Minji. You guys look amazing." Minji smiled as he returned the same. 

"I must say you do too. Beautiful. And you stand up among the rest I believe." Sehun gave off and exaggerated wink as they both laughed. 

"Oh no.. that is absolutely incorrect. I don't even know why I'm here." Minji said, chuckling a little. 

Sehun's eyes turned into a intense stare as his body tensed. "Did Jongin.. forced you?" 

"No he didn't, why?" Minji eyebrows creased as she stared at him confusingly.

"Nothing. I was just-" Sehun was cut off with a all too familiar voice as both their attention was on Jongin. 

"You came for the party or you came to flirt with her?" That was all Jongin said before Sehun mocked his expression and walked away. 

Jongin rolled his eyes and faced her. His eyes were softer than before. It was just different. Minji was prepared for a scolding but he opened his mouth to  question her instead. "Are you bored?" 

"Not really. You should go ahead and entertain those guys first. I'll wait." Minji lowered her head as she sipped on her drink. 

"No." He continued. "I want to be with you." 

Minji's eyes widened at the unexpected reply as she stared at him. Jongin smirked, moving next to her to lean against the wall as well. There was an awkward silence which mind both of them but there really was nothing to talk about. After countless of times of contemplating to talk to him, she finally started a conversation. 

"Just now, you were pretty harsh." She said, eyes looking for a reaction. 

"What?" 

"With Sehun. He was being nice, why did you shooed him that way?"

"You've taken alot more harsh things from me. If you think that's harsh, you're dumb." He said, facing the middle aged man who was walking up the stage. 

Minji cringed at the memories and the times she was put through with him. From the harsh words to the physical - "We have to go home. They're coming over soon. Let's go." Her thoughts were interrupted as she followed behind her husband.

____________

The car ride was silent. As usual. Everytime they go out to meet her parents or his parents, nothing comes out of their mouths. It was more like a ride to a funeral than a ride to a dinner. Jongin glanced towards her only to see his wife leaning against the window. Eyes closed as her breathing was calm. Yet again, guilt rushed through his whole being looking at her that way. He still couldn't believe the amount of times he broke her and hurt this fragile piece. And again, he falls for her harder. 

The party started not too long ago and again everyone was partying and snacking on the chips. It was mostly Jongins friends and the people there was mostly their age. In their 20s, not too old. Which explains why the party wasn't formal or anything like that. Minji was standing at the side, alone, as usual as she sipped on her drink. At this point of time, she was wishing Jongin was next to her because everything was so awkward and at least she knew Jongin. Her mind wasn't filled with anything, all blank as she stood with no other intentions. Not until she saw a tall-goodlooking guy standing right infront of her. Minji looked up to see his face as her eyes squint until it widened not long after. 

"Hey. Where's Jongin? Why are you  alone?" He asked suddenly but then chuckled when he saw her shocked expression before he went on to introduce himself. 

"I'm sorry, i'm Kyungsoo. Part of the clique which I bet sehun had told you about." Minji raised her right hand to accept his handshake before she as well introduced herself. 

"I don't know actually.. I haven't seen him since the party started.." her head hung low, embarrassed at the fact that she can't even keep track on her own husband. 

"Can I ask you something?" Kyungsoo said, leaning against the wall next to her. He turned to look for a confirmation before he continued. "Is he mean to you? Is he a in this marriage?" 

Minji was a little taken aback by this sudden question and started to wonder why was all his friends asking this kind of questions. Wanting to make sure Jongin's  reputation stays, she disagreed immediately.

"He is really lovable and caring.. i have never thought about him being in such a way." Minji replied politely as she bit her lips. 

Kyungsoo knew she was lying. Infact if anyone was to answer it the way she did, anyone will know they are lying. Many knows how Jongin is very particular and is only nice with his parents as well as Jooyeon. His last lover. Or maybe his clique could be on the list. But as far the clique knows, Jongin does not seem to care about Minji at all. "Look, you don't have to lie. I know everything.. you see, he has been talking about how you're a burden and always wished he didnt have to come home. He misses his ex and-" Kyungsoo wasn't able to finish until someone interrupted him. Yet again, Jongin stopped his friend. 

"Hyung, please, you have sooyeong. Don't disturb what's mine." Jongin maintained a straight face as Kyungsoo walked away right after that. 

"Again..." Jongin sighed as he faced Minji. "What did he say this time?" 

Minji's heart shattered into pieces. No one could explain the amount of pain she was feeling. She hoped Kyungsoo didnt have to say that but then again, she was thankful. She knew now that having feelings for Jongin was useless. His whole 'nice and kind attitude now was probably just a show he put up to raise her hopes. Maybe that was what he liked. Crushing her hopes and shatter her heart. She couldn't move, her eyes slowly getting teary but she was trying so hard to not fall and break down. With a big amount of courage she opened to reply. 

"Nothing." Before she left from where she was. 

Heading upstairs right away and she was glad her room was separated from him. It was the furthest from the hall and the furthest from him as well. She closed the door behind her and slid down. Tears dripping continuously as she sniffed and buried her face in between her knees. Everything hurts from the start but still, the fact that he got her into hoping he liked her made a her felt pathetic in a different level. 

It has been a year and nothing had changed. All she needed was love. She didn't get any from her own family, not even her husband whom doesn't even show a slight care for her. She felt hopeless and she gave up. She did everything she could but since no one cared and if eaving the house and stay on streets makes her at least more happier, by all means, she would leave. She wiped her tears messily, as she stood up to take out an old luggage and started dumping all her clothes in. 

She was wailing when she did so. Her eyes too teary to even see what was happening around her as she continued packing her stuff. 

Minji was too busy doing her things, not realizing Jongin was at door, looking at her every move. It hurt him. No, really, if you think when Jack died during Titanic hurt real bad for Rose then it hurt ten times more for Jongin when he looked at Minji. He didn't know what else to do but just walked towards her. Grabbing her hand slightly to make her face him. Minji's eyeliner was smudged and her make up was ruined. Her dress was crumpled and not proper but yet, he still felt like she was still worth looking at. 

"What are you doing?" He asked, and let go of her when she flinched. 

She had no idea why she did that but fear crept on her once more. She wasn't able to answer him because, one, her voice would be muffled, two, she just didn't know what to say. Minji wiped off her tears and looked away, walking back to her luggage to continue what she was doing. 

"Gong Minji, I asked you a question." Jongin pushed her to answer this time as she turned around. 

"I apologise for all I have done. I am sorry you are planned to be married with me but not jooyeong. I am sorry I am not good enough for you. I am sorry things didn't work out. I am sorry I'm such a burden and I'm the reason why you don't feel like coming home. But this is all I can take Jongin... and being the cause of all this, I dont wish to stay here and cause someone to be unhappy. and you dont have to crush my hopes and push me away every single time. Its been a year and my heart broke too many times and it still aches. Please just let me go and I promise everything will go right for you."

Minji let out her breath she didn't realise she was holding as her hands formed into a fist and her tears wouldn't stop rolling down to her cheeks. It felt good to let it all out but it wasnt good to know that she would probably get hit for telling him off that way. Minji stepped back little by little when she saw him walking towards her - his eyes peircing through her dark orbs. Not long after, Jongin pulled her into a fierce hug as he buried his face into her hair, smelling the scent he never knew he would like. 

"Give me a chance. Give me a chance to change and make it up to you. Give me a chance to show you I can do it. Give me a chance to fix you. Just give me a chance and I promise it wont go to waste." Minji's eyes widened upon hearing what the latter had said.

Everything was unreal at this point of time and she really was unsure of what she should do. Her arms were still hanging by her side, still not hugging him back. She still fear him and he could feel it so he stepped back and cupped her face. Her dark orbs glistened as he stared into her before he leaned in, his moist lips touching her forehead as they both closed their eyes. Jongin pulled back to smile briefly before again, he leaned in as he connected her red cherry lips to his. He kissed her. 

It felt like it was a dream. It was her first kiss. Ever, like the peck Jongin gave during their wedding but longer and she loved it. Minji's eyes fluttered open after the kiss as she looked at him. She  could see the tint of hope in his eyes. 

Maybe she could give him a chance. Maybe it was gonna be worth it. Maybe they could start over. 

Maybe she can finally, really learn to love him.