The One?

Baby Don't Cry

Kris' POV 

Today was my birthday and of course I didn't have anything planned. That was until Jae called me up yesterday and asked if I can keep her company, of course I said yes, how can I resist her? I wonder if she knows it's my birthday. Well anyways, I got dressed all casually since we said she just wanted to hang out. When I got to her house, I was shocked. There was a dinner table set, candles lit up, and she looked beautiful as always. No one has ever done anything like this for me, I wonder if it means anything...

She greeted me happy birthday and I was so happy I got to spend my birthday with her. But then something tragic happened... I had to rush her to the hospital and I found out it was head trauma... I was so traumatized. I just looked at the doctor and shook my head. 

Why is this happening? Why is it always her? It should've just been me. I hate seeing her like this. 

All these thoughts were filling up inside my head. I'm going crazy, tears were emerging from my eyes. I looked at her and it hurt me to see her in this state. I sat down on the chair next to the hospital bed and held onto her hand tightly. All this crying made me sleepy and I slowly fell asleep. 

Regular POV 

You woke up and the sun was blinding your eyes. You scanned your surroundings and realized that you were in the hospital. But why? There was a figure in the room with you, on the chair, sleeping. He didn't even fit on the chair, half of his body was sticking out of the chair, his legs dangling in the air. That must be Kris, you thought and started laughing. 

He woke up from your laughter and groggily walked towards you. 

"Good morning sleeping beauty, why are you laughing hmm?" He said as he kissed you on the forehead. 

"Good morning oppa, what happened?" You asked. 

"Well you see... Uh, you passed out yesterday... And the doctor said that your head trauma is back..." 

"Oh..." You let out as you slumped down on the hospital bed. 

"Don't worry Jae, you'll be fine. Your knight is here, remember? I'll take care of you." He said smiling as he ruffled your hair.

Just then, the doctor came in.

"Good morning Ms. Lee, I believe you've heard about your condition from your friend here?" 

"Uhm yes..." 

"Well in order to stay healthy, you have to eat healthy. Make sure you eat foods that aren't high in sodium or sugar. Also, remember to sleep early, you must get at least 8 hours of sleep. Try not to get stressed, it'll make your head hurt, causing your condition to worsen. Don't yell too much, don't lift heavy things, and don't watch too much tv. It'll not only affect you, it can hurt your babies as well." 

"I understand doctor, thank you." You said as he exited the room. 

Kris left along with the doctor to buy some breakfast. You were bored out of your mind and decided to turn on the TV. Once you the TV, you saw EXO's commercial and you immediately set your eyes on Kai. Oh how you missed him so much, you couldn't keep your eyes off him. You didn't even realize that someone came inside the room. 

"Still hung up on Kai, I see..." Someone said. 
 
You turned around and rubbed your eyes. No way... What the hell is he doing here?! 
 
"JUNGKOOK-AH WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" 
 
"Isn't it obvious? I'm your nurse, DUH." 
 
"MWUH?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?"
 
"Hey, calm down. Didn't the doctor just tell you not to stress out and not to yell? You're such a pain in the ." 
 
"I know, I know. How did you end up working here? I thought you were leaving to the US?"
 
"Yeah, I was, but I got an offer to be a nurse here. So I took the opportunity, since it would've been harder for me to find a job in the US." 
 
"Ohh, I see. So you stayed the whole time?" 
 
"Yeah, I'm really sorry for what I did last time. I don't know what got over me. It's just that it was so hard to accept the fact that you've completely moved on. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm really sorry, I'm not asking for you to forgive me, just hear me out."
 
"I haven't completely forgiven you, but thank you for saying sorry. So why did you come here?" 
 
"Well I had to check your temperature and stuff, but I see you're still hot." He said trying to make you laugh. 
 
"Pabo!" You said, softly hitting his arm as he took your temperature. Then you both started laughing it out. 
 
Just then, Kris came in with a huge smile on his face, but that died down when he saw you laughing with that other guy. Jungkook turned around to leave, when he was stopped by Kris. He grabbed onto his collar and lifted him up until he was off the ground. 
 
"What the is he doing here?!" Kris yelled. 
 
"Kris... He's my nurse..." You replied. 
 
He put him down and said, "You better watch your back!" And Jungkook headed out the door. 
 
He turned to you and present you the food he bought. He brought your requested yogurt parfait with strawberries and blueberries and some fresh toast. For himself, he bought hash browns and pancakes. 
 
After finding out your condition, you were confined in the hospital for a couple of days to run more tests. Kris would visit you as much as he can and the guys visited you as well. They'd bring games to play, sing songs, and do anything to lift up your mood. Kris never left your side. He'd fall asleep on a chair beside you, holding your hand. He brought you breakfast every morning, he even insisted on taking you to the bathroom all the time.
 
You were finally released from the hospital and you were escorted by Lay since Kris said he was busy, and he apologized many times. Yixing oppa was always good to you, he was always there when you needed someone, although he teased you all the time. The car ride to your apartment was quiet until you blurted something that you've been contemplating about.
 
"Oppa... How do you decided between two people?" You blurted out, once you realized what you said, you hid your face in your hands. 
 
"What do you mean?" He asked. 
 
"Love wise..." You replied.
 
"Ahhh, I see... That's a tough one. Well, I'd chose the person who makes my heart skip a beat. The one who can always make you laugh, and when they hold your hand, it'll send shivers down your spine. When you're in that person's arms, you feel like you're on top of the world. Everything little thing reminds you of that person. They know every little thing about you, they know when your sad, mad, and happy. They know all your favorites and all your habits. When someone mentions their name, you can't help but smile. When they say a single word to you, you can't help but feel giddy inside. When your eyes meet, you can't help but fall in love all over again. The one who'll accept you for you. When they say 'I love you', they sincerely mean it. The one that'll fight for you until the end, that's the person who holds your heart." He said as he smiled, and the car halted to a stop.
 
"Is that how you feel about Suho oppa?" You asked. 
 
"Hehe... yes." He replied, his cheeks turning red.
 
"Waahh, I never knew you any of those words could come out of your mouth. But thanks oppa, you're the best!" You said as you gave him and hug and got out of the car. He walked you to your doorsteps and he bid you farewell. 
 
You threw yourself on the couch and laid there staring at the ceiling. You laid there thinking about what Yixing said, you placed your hand on your heart to feel it beating. 
 
Who is it? Is it Kai? Kris? Why is this decision so hard? WHY CAN'T I HAVE THEM BOTH?! 
 
You yelled in frustration, then the doorbell rang. It's probably Yixing oppa, maybe he forgot something. You opened the door to find yourself face to face with a middle aged man holding a white box with a lavender bow on it,  handed it to you and walked away.
 
"YAH AHJUSSI! WHAT IS THIS?! COME BACK!" But he paid no attention to you and just kept walking. 
 
What is this? Who is this from? Should I open it? WHAT IF IT'S A BOMB?! OH MY GOD. Shut up Jae, you sound so stupid.
 
You finally got the courage to open the box and there was a card on the top. You opened up the card and it said: 
 
My dearest princess, please be ready by 6:30 PM, a chauffeur will come by to pick you up. I have prepared this dress for you this evening, please wear it along with the matching shoes. I can't wait to see you shine under the moonlight, the knight awaits you. 
 
What? Kris?
 
It was already 4:30 and you were contemplating whether to go or not. What if it wasn't even Kris? If it wasn't then who else could it be? Jungkook? No, Kris is the only one that calls himself my knight. It's probably him right? 
 
It was 5:00 and you finally decided to get ready. You took a quick shower and started blow drying your hair. You put your hair on hot rollers instead of using your wand so that you could easily do your make up. You started applying a light amount of BB cream all over your face and you set it with a translucent powder. Then you lightly filled in your eyebrows with a dark brown eyeshadow. You took a gold color and swept it all over your eyelids and a matte brown eyeshadow for the crease. You lined your upper lash line with black eyeliner to intensify the look and you took a peach eyeliner and put it on your waterline to make your eyes look bigger. Then you took a light pink blush and applied it on the apples of your cheeks to created a rosy look, and lastly you applied on lipstick topped off with a sheer pink gloss.
 
Just as you finished putting on the dress and strapping on your heels, the doorbell rang. That must be the chauffeur. 
 
 
You opened the door and he greeted you good evening. He lead you to the limo and he started driving, the roads seemed so unfamiliar. The car finally halted to a stop and someone opened the door for you. There was a red carpet when you stepped out and an arch filled with lights. You linked arms with that stranger and he lead you to the back where you were presented with a candlelight dinner. A couple of people came out and started to play music with their instruments and someone tapped your shoulder. You turned around and no one was there, and you turned back to the front and Kris was in front of you, showing his cheesy smile. 
 
 
He handed you a rose and said, "You look beautiful, you always do." And he kissed your forehead. 
 
He looked extremely handsome tonight, his hair combed back, his face shining in the moonlight, those pinks lips. 
 
He lead you to the dinner table and the waiter served you your food. After finishing up your meal, he got up and made his way over to you. 
 
"May I have this dance?" He kindly asked. 
 
"Of course!" You said, flashing him a smile. 
 
Your bodies swayed to the music, you had your arms around his neck and his arms were wrapped around your waist. 
 
He looked down at you and said, "Jae Min, you're so beautiful. You're freaking perfect! Any guy in this whole entire universe would be lucky to have you. You know that I love you, right? Do you feel the same...?" 
 
Oh no... Not this moment. 
 
You looked at him with eyes wide opened and stuttered," Uhm... Kris... I uh, uhm look..." 
 
But he stopped you. " It's okay... I already know your answer. Just dance with me..." He said as he pulled you in closer and rested his head on yours. 
 
You still love him, he thought.
 
Hey love bugs! I finally got to update! This wasn't the best update ever, but I hope you guys still liked it! Thank you guys for all the support! Please don't forget to comment, upvote, and subscribe :* I'll edit later! Don't mind the mistakes!
 
 
 
SuLay <3