Meeting Again

A Heart's Melody

 

The Jung sisters embarked on a journey to Korea.

 

They held on to each other in the entire ride. Smiles are nowhere to be seen on their faces. Thinking about their parents and their going to be temporary life is what corrupted their minds on their way to Korea. If things get worse, they have no one to count on to than themselves.

 

They landed safe in Incheon airport.

 

The sisters complimented the glassy structure of the huge building and looked around a little while admiring its beauty. A little while later, they got their luggage and proceeded to walk out of the airport. Their eyes widen a little at the vast land beyond them. They went immobile for a while as they stare at the land.

 

But then, the older blonde felt a hand on her shoulder.

 

Studying martial arts for five years, Jessica instinctively grabbed the hand on her shoulder and was about to throw the owner of whomever the hand belongs to. But, she didn’t continue her actions when she heard the person say, “Don’t! I’m here to fetch you!”

 

The Jung siblings turned around and saw a man in about his twenty’s with black hair and handsome smile. He grabbed the siblings’ luggage and politely asked them to follow him. Jessica and Krystal stared at his back that is facing them before looking at each other. They made a silent agreement to protect each other when things get out of hand.

 

And alas, they followed him.

 

 


 

 

The entire ride was silent. The siblings didn’t do anything but stare at the man. He might do something unbelievable to them, which is why they have to stay alert.

 

 

The man glanced at them at the rear-view mirror and noticed the frightening stares that he is receiving from the two.

 

 

He gulped in fear and looked back on the road.

 

 

“Excuse me, do you mind telling us what your name is?”

 

 

Krystal’s voice almost gave the man a heart attack. It was the first time that one of them spoke. Letting out a deep breath to calm his nerves, the man answers Krystal.

 

 

“I’m Choi Siwon, an accomplice of your mother and father. They told me and my family that their daughters will be staying with us for the mean time. And also...they informed us about the bankruptcy you're experiencing right now...”

 

 

The Jung sisters became silent again which made Siwon feel sorry for them.

 

 

"I'm sorry about what happened." He said sincerely.

 

 

Krystal offers him a small smile, "It's okay." 

 

 

The ride became silent once again. The sisters kept on thinking about their parents and what would come to them. But after a while they shook those thoughts away since they know things will be okay again...maybe...

 

 

"So Mr. Choi –"

 

 

"Please, just call me Siwon. Or Siwon oppa if you would like." Siwon smiles at Jessica at the rearview mirror, getting relieved in the inside that the sisters started to open a conversation again.

 

 

Jessica nods and proceeds again.

 

 

"So Siwon...oppa... "

 

 

Siwon smiles at Jessica's hesitation.

 

 

"Did you ever lived in the States? Your English is very fluent."

 

 

"Yeah, I lived in Kentucky once for nine months. I have to help with my grandparents' business there. And with my English...I learned it by taking some lessons with my sister since we are competing against each other."

 

 

"Do you know any other languages up in your sleeve?" Krystal asked.

 

 

“Yes, I also know how to speak Spanish, Tagalog, Japanese, Chinese, and Italian.”

 

 

Krystal is a little bit surprised and amazed with how many languages the man knows.

 

 

“So you’re a linguist?” 

 

 

“If that’s what you call it, then yes, I am. I have to study foreign languages since my sister and I made a bet to see who could learn as many languages as we can.”

 

 

“You have a sister?” Jessica asked.

 

 

“Yup! Choi Sooyoung. I’m sure that when you meet her, you’ll definitely take a liking on her. She’s the mood maker and sunshine of our family. People even call her the happy princess due to her jolly behaviour.”

 

 

Both girls smiled for the first time, having the feeling of relief that they have a girl to talk to.

 

 

“You speak so highly of your sister.” Krystal said.

 

 

A smile is plastered on the man’s face.

 

 

“Of course, she deserves it. Besides, she’s my sister. And I love her so much.”

 

 

“You seem close.” Jessica commented.

 

 

“Very close.” Krystal seconded.

 

 

Siwon chuckled.

 

 

“We are...just like the two of you.”

 

 

The girls looked at each other and let out a smile.

 

 

“You can’t imagine how close we both are.” They said in unison.

 

 

Siwon is amused.

 

 

“Wow, you even answer in unison.”

 

 

Of course, we’re sisters.” They answer back.

 

 

The man glanced at the rear-view mirror once again and gave the girls a smile.

 

 

‘What a sweet sibling relationship.’

 

 


 

 

A while later, the siblings drifted to sleep due to jet lag. Jessica leaned her head on Krystal’s shoulder, why the younger Jung leaned hers on her sister’s head. The man glanced at them with adoration.

 

 

‘They look so peaceful and relaxed.’ Siwon thought to himself.

 

 

Minutes passed, the man stopped the car in front of their house. He took off his seatbelt before taking a look at the still asleep girls on the back. A smile graced his face. Deciding not to bother the two, Siwon moved out of the car to get their luggage on the trunk. He took one last glance at them before going in inside.

 

Seconds later, Krystal opened her lids.

 

She lifted her head up and looked around. Noticing that Siwon isn’t around, the girl became nervous. She was about to wake up her older sister when someone opened the car door and brought the younger Jung’s attention.

 

Krystal lifted her head up to take a good look of the person and saw a beautiful lady with brown hair.

 

The girl gave a friendly smile to the black-haired before getting inside the car.

 

 

“Don’t wake her up. She’s sleeping peacefully.” The brunette whispered.

 

 

Krystal looked at her curiously.

 

 

“Who are you?” Krystal whispered.

 

 

“I’m Choi Sooyoung.” The brunette whispered back.

 

 

Recalling what the man said earlier, realization dawned at the black-haired.

 

 

“So you’re Siwon oppa’s sister?”

 

 

The brunette nodded slightly. Krystal examined the girl. Indeed Siwon was right, they’ll definitely like her. The girl looks so simple and friendly. Even the younger Jung, who doesn’t talk to people she doesn’t know easily, already took a liking at the brunette.

 

Noticing that Krystal is looking at her, Sooyoung looked away from the sleeping blonde, who she has trouble on thinking how to carry her inside, and diverted her attention to the younger Jung.

 

 

“It’s rude to stare you know.” The brunette teased.

 

 

Krystal let out a smile at the girl’s antics.

 

 

“I know. But I was just examining you.”

 

 

Sooyoung raised a brow.

 

 

“Oh? Why so?”

 

 

“Well, your brother spoke so highly of you earlier. And I was curious to know who this Sooyoung is. He was right, my unnie and I will definitely take a liking on you.”

 

 

“Really? Why thank you.”

 

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

 

Hearing the exchange of whispers, Jessica woke up from her sleep. The older Jung lazily opened her eyes and lifts her head up from her younger sister's shoulder. She turned her head to face her sister, who is smiling at her, and gave her a smile in return. 

 

 

“Good morning Krys.”

 

 

The younger Jung giggled at her sister who is still half asleep.

 

 

“Unnie, it’s already afternoon.”

 

 

“Then good afternoon then.” Jessica replied instantly.

 

 

The blonde let out a yawn and stretched her arms sideward. Then, she heard a groan coming from beside her. Jessica’s head snapped quickly on her left and saw the girl she had met at San Francisco, who is gently rubbing her nose that the blonde hit with her arm.

 

 

“It’s you!”  

 

 

The blonde’s booming voice made Sooyoung and Krystal snap their attention to her. The brunette gave the blonde a mischievous smile, glad that Jessica still remembered her. Krystal on the other hand watched their exchange of looks curiously, wondering how her unnie knew Sooyoung.

 

 

“Do you know each other already unnie?”

 

 

Jessica snapped out of her thoughts and turned to face her sister. She was about to say yes but got interrupted when they heard a voice coming from the outside. The trio looked out of the car and saw a girl with black hair and doe eyes, who kind of looks like Krystal.

 

 

“Oh Yoona, you’re here already?”

 

 

“Well you said I have to be early right?”

 

 

The brunette scratched her head and gave an innocent smile.

 

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot.”

 

 

“You’re being forgetful nowadays Youngie.”

 

 

“I know...” The brunette whined and let out a pout. The Jung siblings only watched in curiosity at the exchange between the girls. But Jessica also felt something else. She felt her heart twist a little at the view in front of her, and she doesn’t know why.

 

 

“By the way,”

 

 

Sooyoung voice made Jessica snap out of her thoughts.

 

 

“Miss Krystal and Jessica, would you like to go out of this car?”

 

 

Noticing that they are still indeed inside the car, the Jung siblings nodded in unison with a smile upon their face. They moved out of the car and stretched their arms. The brunette and doe-eyed watched them in amusement. Getting entertained at how the Jung siblings acted the same.

 

When they finished their stretching routine, the Jung siblings diverted their attention back to Sooyoung who is smiling at them.

 

 

“You really are sisters. You act exactly the same.” Sooyoung commented.

 

 

“She’s right.” The doe-eyed agreed.

 

 

Jessica snapped her attention at the girl next to the brunette. She eyed the girl from head to toe, having a feeling that maybe she won’t like this girl. Krystal on the other hand watched her sister at the corner of her eyes. She can see that her unnie dislikes the girl next to Sooyoung even though she’s having this friendly face upon her.

 

 

“By the way Sooyoung unnie, who is that person next to you?” Krystal asked politely.

 

 

Sooyoung gave the girl a smile before pulling the doe-eyed closer to her.

 

 

“Miss Krystal and Jessica, I’d like you to meet my girlfriend, Im Yoona.”

 

 

The word girlfriend made the blonde’s heart twist. Looking at the black-haired close to Sooyoung made her blood boil a little. Jessica let out a breath to calm herself. She doesn’t know why she’s feeling this way.

 

Jessica only masked a smile which Krystal could only see through.

 

 

“It’s nice to meet you Im Yoona...”