Saving You

A Heart's Melody

Author's Note:

I am really sorry for not updating for quite a while. I am very busy with school activities and am still experiencing a writer's block right now. I just chose to force myself to write again to bring back the will and passion I have for writing.

By the way, due to my indecisiveness, I will NOT end the story in this chapter. I won't make any promises anymore since I even don't know when I am going to end this. Ideas kept on popping in my mind. ^_^

Again, I am truly sorry. And also, I want to thank you all for the continuous support. Thank you for taking time to read this story of mine. I am sorry for the errors that you have encountered along the way.

I truly and sincerely am sorry.

Anyway, just enjoy the chapter.

I don't know if it is acceptable enough since my writing skills became rusty. : )

 


 

Yoona’s POV

 

I usher Sooyoung to a nearby couch while putting a hand on her waist to support her. She takes a seat gradually whilst I took a seat beside her. Even without looking, I know that her legs were about to give up earlier due to her surprised and emotional state.

I hate to see her like this. It makes my heart ache knowing that the one that I love is hurting inside. I should have not broken up with her if I have known earlier that Jessica is getting engaged to lessen the turmoil she is experiencing inside.

I did not break up with her so that she could chase after the one she has fallen for and get heartbroken. She does not deserve this. Sooyoung is too good to experience such heartbreak. She deserves better. Her heart should not be toyed around but instead be treasured. Her love is once in a lifetime.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I regret...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Giving up on her...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knowing that she would get heartbroken with the one she has fallen for like this...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why Jessica?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why do you have to leave such precious person to me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why do you have to leave such precious person to us?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why?

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

I mentally thank Yoona for comforting me. She really is a shoulder that I could rely on always whilst I am the same with hers. Without her beside me, I think I would have collapsed a while ago if not with her guiding me to take a seat and saying instructions for me to keep calm and breathe in and out. She knows what to do in times like this. She always stays calm and think properly. And because of that, I am very lucky to have such awesome person in my life.

 

“Are you okay now?”

 

I turn to Yoona and smile reassuringly at her.

 

 “Yeah...I’m okay now.”

 

Yoona leans into me and places a kiss on my forehead, a way for her to silently say that she is here to stay beside me. Looking at her now, I could not think of any words that could explain how much grateful I am to have her. Even if we are not in a relationship anymore, the way she treats me is still the same. She still showers me with all the love and care she could give. She is someone, even if we can't be together, who I want to stay by my side forever. And I thank God for giving me such person to stand beside me in this journey called life.

 

“Thank you,” I whisper.

 

“You’re welcome,” She smiles gently.

 

I turn my head to a still standing Yuri and pat the free spot beside me.

 

“Please seat beside me Yul.”

 

Yuri nods and takes a seat beside me.

 

“So Yul...”

 

“What you said...is it true?”

 

The black-haired stared at me for a while before sighing and intertwining her hands together.

 

“Yes...”

 

"..."

 

“When did they come back to San Francisco?”

 

“Three days ago.”

 

There was a short silence between us.

 

“Auntie said...that Jessica’s father came to your house with her fiancé and forced them to go home.”

 

“Her fiancé came?” Yoona asked.

 

“And apparently, her father slapped Krystal when the poor girl stood up for her sister.” Uncle Im, who is sitting across us, replied.

 

I shoot up from my seat with my eyes widening in shock.

 

“He did that?!”

 

Uncle Im sighs.

 

“He did.”

 

Imagining him slapping Krystal makes my blood boil. I grit my teeth and clench my fist in anger. That man sure has a lot of guts to show himself in my house. He has no right to slap his daughter and force them to go home with him. That man surely is a jerk. A very big jerk.

 

Tsk.

 

Damn that man.

 

"Sooyoung..." 

 

Yoona stands up and tugs my shirt. I turn to look at her and saw her with concerned eyes, silently pleading me to stay calm. She holds one of my clenched fists with her hand while her other one is cupping my cheek. She looks deeply into my eyes and places a kiss on the tip of my nose. It is the technique she always does whenever I get angry. And of course, it always works.

 

“Please calm down. Getting angry is not good for you.”

 

“But he –”

 

“Please...” She pleads.

 

Staring at her pleading eyes made me calm down slowly. She removes her hand from my cheek and opens my clenched fist to intertwine it with hers. She guides me back down the couch, in between her and Yuri, and rubbed soothing circles at the back of my hand, making me cool down.

 

*Sigh*

 

“I’m so sorry. I should learn to control my emotions from now on.”

 

She offers me a smile.

 

“It’s alright to express your emotions Youngie, but for now, all you can do is to stay calm and listen to father and Yuri, okay?”

 

I nod, “Okay.”

 

*Turns to Yuri*

 

“So what happened next?”

 


 

Yuri's POV

 

Wow...

 

I still can't believe how Yoona could easily make Sooyoung calm down. It must be because our friend listens to her the most. Or maybe it must be because they shared a love for how many years that they could help each other control themselves.

 

Sometimes, I really am jealous of how close those two could get. They always seemed to be the most perfect lovers. They treat each other as their equal. Their love for each other is in perfect harmony.

 

 

And I...

 

 

I could clearly see the love in their eyes.  

 

 

“Jessica came to my house early in the morning to say goodbye. She asked me to not tell you about their departure until they are gone. And of course as her friend, I agreed to her request."

 

“She asked that?”

 

“Yeah...”

 

“Oh...Maybe it's too much for her to handle to see the one she loves bidding her goodbye, am I right?” Yoona asked.

 

Wait a minute.

 

So she really knows about that?

 

“You know?”

 

She looks at me with confusion written on her face.

 

"About what?" 

 

"About Jessica's feelings for Sooyoung..."

 

Yoona slowly smiles at me.

 

"Yes, I know."

 

My eyes widen.

 

"But how? Last time we talked, I didn't even get to finish my sentence about Jessica liking Sooyoung."

 

"Yuri...It doesn't matter."

 

"..."

 

"I can see it in her eyes and the way she acts when she is with Sooyoung."

 

 

 

Geez...

 

 

 

Pabo Sica.

 

 

 

Why did you have to be obvious?

 

 

 

"I...I'm sorry on her behalf. Please don't be mad at Sica. She – "

 

"I'm not mad at her."

 

What?

 

"Really?"

 

She nods in reply.

 

"I'm not mad at her for falling in love with Soo. She didn't commit any crime. And besides, you can't control your heart once it starts beating, am I right?"

 

"Right...?" I answered unsurely.

 

Yoona just smiles and turns to her father.

 

"By the way appa, I want to tell you something."

 

"What is it dear?"

 

"Sooyoung and I...broke up..."

 

Our eyes widen at the news.

 

"But when?" Uncle Im asked.

 

"Three days ago."

 

"Three days ago? But that was the time when we..."

 

So she came there just to break up with Sooyoung?

 

"Yup, that was the time when we came to the villa to find Sooyoung."

 

"But why Yoona? Why did you two break up? You seem to love each other so much and – "

 

"There are some things that only Yoona and I could understand Uncle." Sooyoung answers.

 

"She's right appa." Yoona agreed.

 

There is silence between us.

 

"By the way..." Sooyoung speaks up, "What are you doing here Yul?"

 

"Oh...I'm here to give some documents to Uncle."

 

"Work again?" Yoona asked.

 

"Yeah..."

 

"Geez Yul...Do you have anything else to do rather than your precious work?" She teased.

 

"Yah! Do I really look so workaholic in your eyes?"

 

"Yes." She deadpans, making me pout.

 

"Tsk. Meanie..." I said in a childlike voice.

 

Yoona playfully rolls her eyes.

 

"Blah, blah, blah. Whatever you say Kwon."

 

I playfully glare at her and cross my arms, earning us a chorus of laughter from Uncle Im and Sooyoung which we eventually joined later on.

 

"So anyway Soo..." I said when our laughter died down.

 

"What are we going to do now?"

 

Sooyoung turns to me and gives me a confident smile.

 

"We are going to stop the party of course."

 


 

The next day...

 

Krystal’s POV

 

 

I still cannot believe that my sister is getting engaged later today. But what makes it worse is that she has no clue about it. That sly man Jonghyun really prepared all of this perfectly behind our backs. I hate him so much for that.

 

"You'll get old faster if you keep furrowing your brows like that,” My sister said as she looks at me on the mirror with a teasing smile upon her face.

 

I only giggled at her remark and push myself up from her bed. I slowly wrap my arms around her waist and tuck my chin on her shoulder. I look at her on the mirror and I can't help but think how beautiful my sister is even if she hasn't groomed herself up. My unnie is definitely a beauty.

 

“Unnie...”

 

“Hmm...?”

 

She leans back on my embrace and places her hands on top of my clasped ones.

 

“I love you.”

 

She smiles, “I love you too sis.”

 

I place a kiss on her cheek and hug her tighter.

 

 

 

Sigh...

 

 

 

Sooyoung unnie...

 

 

 

Please come here and stop this engagement.

 

 

 

Please...

 

 

 

 

 


 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

I slowly raise my head up from a sleeping Yoona’s shoulder. I place a kiss on her cheek before looking around to see if everyone else is still sleeping. And I guess they still are since there are no sounds or movements coming from them.

Everyone else came with us. And by everyone, I mean everyone; my family, Uncle Im, and the Kwon family. Apparently they all knew about the Jungs’ departure except Yoona and I. Of course I am a little mad about them not telling me, but since Jessica asked to keep it a secret from me then I have nothing against it.

Last night, I talked to Uncle Im about why Yoona and I broke up. He listened attentively and said that whatever we chose, he supports it. But he still can't help but feel down since he supports our relationship so much. He said that he sees me as someone who completes his daughter. And of course I agreed with him because even for me, without Yoona in my life, I would not be complete.

After my long conversation with Uncle, Yoona dragged me away from him and made me seat next to her on the plane. Since she asked about it, I talked about my feelings for Jessica. She listened attentively, throwing questions and answers from here and there. She helped me realize more about my feelings for Jessica and found out that I indeed love the blonde.

Without Yoona, I could have forever pushed back my feelings for Jessica at the deepest part of my heart, and I sincerely thank her for helping me in this emotional turmoil that I am experiencing right now.

 

But of course I know deep within, Yoona is hurting while listening to me talking about my feelings to Jessica. That’s why I didn’t talk too much since I can see in her eyes that she is slowly breaking into pieces. And I hate to see her like that.

 

 

 

Just like what she said...

 

 

 

She...

 

 

 

Will always be my biggest what if...

 

 

 

The biggest question that will forever hunt me down even when I die...

 

 

 

Because Yoona...

 

 

 

Will always be the one that got away...

 

 

 

 

“I can hear the sound of the gears working in your brain.”

 

I snap my head beside me and found Yoona, who just woken up, smiling at me.

 

“Good morning Yoona.” I fondly said.

 

“Good morning Soo.” She said in the same manner and kisses me on the cheek, which I returned.

 

“Did you sleep well?”

 

“Yup, I did.”

 

“Do you know when are we landing?”

 

She shrugs, “I don’t know. But I’m sure that it’s pretty soon.”

 

I nod and lean my head on her shoulder.

 

“Okay...”

 

She intertwines our hands and leans her head on mine.

 

“Are you ready to see Jessica later?”

 

Am I?

 

“I think...”

 

“...”

 

“I am.”

 

Without even looking, I know she is smiling right now.

 

“Good.”

 

 


 

Jessica’s POV

 

It is an hour before the sun sets. I am currently being helped by my sister on applying makeup since we are attending a party later which I don’t have any clue about. Somehow, my guts tells me that there is something bad that is going to happen on the party. But I have a feeling that maybe, just maybe, something good will happen in the end.

 

 

Something...

 

 

That I am going to be really happy about.

 

 


 

An hour later...

 

 

“Unnie, please be careful okay?”

 

I look at Krystal as we continued to walk through the hall where the venue is located

 

“Be careful? About what?” 

 

She squeezes my arm with her hand and looks worriedly at me.

 

“Just...Just be careful, okay?”

 

I lift up my brow at her weird actions.

 

“Okay...?”

 

A while later, we stop walking in front of two large wooden doors with guards standing in each side. They bowed down at us before opening the door. We entered inside and saw that there are a lot of well-known business men and women, celebrities, and government officials inside, happily chatting with each other and laughing.

 

Standing here now brings back the bad feeling that I felt earlier.

 

Something is really going to happen today.

 

And I can feel that it has something to do with me.

 

Krystal guides me through the sea of people until we reached our parents who have wide smiles upon their faces. Our mother each gave us a hug and a kiss on the forehead, whereas our father did the same with a gentle pat on the head.

 

“We are so proud of you Sica.” Mom said.

 

“Proud? What for mom?”

 

“You’ll find out soon enough.”

 

Just then, we hear a microphone being tapped by someone. We turn to where the sound came from, but the lights suddenly got turned off. Just then, I felt someone grab my hand. Of course I protested, but the person was really strong. And so I cannot do anything but follow the person.

 

“We are climbing up a few stairs. Be careful okay?”

 

That voice...

 

It sounds so familiar.

 

“Jonghyun, is it you?”

 

I hear him chuckle a bit and kiss the back of my hand.

 

“Yes, it’s me.”

 

He then guides me slowly up at some stairs until we reached a platform of what is seems to be the stage that I saw on the way to my parents. He guides me a little bit and stops. I felt him place a hand on my waist and pull me closer to him.

 

And then the lights once again.

 

When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw the people in the room were looking at us with smiles on their faces. I search at the sea of people and found my parents smiling at me and giving me their thumbs up. Krystal on the other hand has this worried look upon her face as she fidgets her hands, and I know when she does that, something bad is bound to happen.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen...”

 

I snap my attention back to Jonghyun as he continues to speak through the microphone.

 

“We are gathered here today for one occasion...one special occasion...”

 

“...For me...”

 

He turns to me and stares directly at my eyes.

 

“...And for this lady beside me.”

 

 

Oh gosh...

 

 

I don’t like where this is heading at.

 

 

“I courted this lady beside me for three years now. Day and night she has always been on my mind. I always worry about her that I cannot even take care of myself.” He laughs at himself, making some people giggle at him.

 

“And now that she is here beside me...standing in front of all of you...I could never be much happier.”

 

“Jonghyun...What are you saying...?” I whispered at him.

 

But instead of answering me, Jonghyun removes his hand on my waist and takes a step backward, before standing on one knee and grabbing a small box out of his pocket with this wide smile upon his face.

 

 

 

 

Oh gosh...

 

 

 

 

This seriously is not happening right now...

 

 

 

 

“Jessica Jung, the love of my life...”

 

He opens the box and reveals a diamond ring inside.

 

 

No!

 

 

Make it stop!

 

 

“Will...”

 

 

Please someone stop him!

 

 

“You...”

 

 

Sooyoung!

 

 

“Will you be mine?”

 

 

“I...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That voice...

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know that voice...

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know that voice with all my heart...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s here...

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s here to save me...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Choi Sooyoung...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

The venue looks like this:

 

 

And Jessica, Krystal, and Jonghyun looks like this in the party:

 

 

See you next time guys! >_<

#Mr.Mr <3

#ErrorsAreMine : )